Chapter Two

"What?" I sat up. She wiped away her tears. "You know how I've been having a headaches a lot lately." She replied and I nodded. "They did a CT scan and they found a tumor on my temporal lobe and my hypothalamus." I intertwined our fingers and rubbed her hand softly.

The room fell silent as a quiet rapt hit the door. The doctor peeked and slowly came in. "Hello, you must be Haileys partner?" He asked and I nodded, standing up to shake his hand. "I am Dr. Mossmann." He stood at the foot of the bed.

"Hailey, after looking at the results from the CT scan, we want to bring you in for a biopsy in a few days." He replied to us. I felt Hailey's hand shaking and I gripped it tighter. I didn't hear anything else except for the heartbeat in my ears.

"Mama!" Elliot ran to the open front door. Hailey grinned and bent down to reach his level. He ran into her arms and gave her a big hug. Elliot's little arms wrapped around her neck. I smiled as they stood there for a few minutes before pulling apart and I helped Hailey stand back up.

"How are you feeling?" My mom was the next to hug her. "Good. Just tired." She nodded and smiled softly.

"Well go get some rest and I'll cook some dinner for you all." Mom smiled and Hailey nodded before walking to our shared room. My mom met my eyes and I nodded before turning on a movie for Elliot to watch. I followed her into the kitchen and leaned against the counter as she got everything ready for dinner.

I told her everything that I learned at the hospital with Hailey and her family. When I finished, she sighed and leaned against the counter beside me. "You know me and her family are always going to be here for you two. Don't you worry." I nodded as she kissed my temple.