30 - Perfect Love

"So where are we going?"

I asked while we were waiting for the taxi to arrive. Because of the job offer rejection, Miles couldn't still save up for a car and refused the amount I wanted to contribute to make up for it as well no matter how much I insisted. There was this guilt eating me up about it but he had made it clear that he rejected that offer not because of me but simply because he wasn't interested. I tried not to think about it too much at least for today.

"Somewhere I wanted to take you for a while now." It was all he said with a little mischievous glint in his eyes just before the vehicle arrived and we both got in.

The ride was relatively quiet as there was a stranger but it didn't hold Miles back from keeping my hand secured in between both of his for the entire time. It took us around forty minutes for us to get to the mysterious destination and as soon as I got off the first sound I heard was coming from...

...Waves?

Are we at the beach?

The sky was dark by now lit only by stars and prominent moonlight showering all over the place. Despite the clear sound of waves crashing near the shore I still couldn't see the sea because of the tall coastal shrubs and I couldn't wait to set my foot on sea sand. I was super excited especially because it had been a while since I last came to the beach.

"You ready to go?"

Miles chuckled as I nodded frantically, leading me towards a path that continued towards the beach. The salted winds blew my hair away from my face, not too cold and not too hot. I thought the moonlight reflecting on the sea would be the first thing I'd notice when I got there but it was something else that caught my eye immediately, making me stand still for a moment to gaze at it.

 I thought the moonlight reflecting on the sea would be the first thing I'd notice when I got there but it was something else that caught my eye immediately, making me stand still for a moment to gaze at it

"Let's go." Miles grabbed my wrist and dragged me towards it while I continued to say nothing but stare.

"Miles this is..." I couldn't complete my sentence, still taking my time to take in the most romantic thing I had ever seen someone do and it felt like a dream that it was for me. "When did you even prepare this?"

"A magician doesn't reveal his tricks you know. But I'm glad you like it."

He sat down on the cushion and patted the one next to him as a signal for me to do the same. I obeyed without a second thought, taking a seat next to the smiley guy.

Suddenly something came to my mind and instinctively I looked up at the sky, searching for any kind of a bad sign. As if he understood what I was thinking he said, "It's not gonna rain tonight, don't worry."

Miles had prepared everything he could for a perfect midnight picnic on the beach and that included a simple yet delicious dinner. For a moment I wondered if that was what heaven felt like because at that point, I couldn't have been more happier than I was. It was just perfect.

He poured two glasses of juice and handed one to me after we were stuffed with the meal we had.

"It's supposed to be your special day but you're the one surprising me." I said in a low voice, taking the glass with both of my hands.

"You said I can do whatever I want today and I choose this." He smiled, pulling me in for a side hug. "I want to ask one thing though."

"Hmm?"

"When you gave me the red tulips today, did you mean it?" His direct question caught me off guard. I did buy red tulips specifically after much consideration but I didn't think he'd notice it. Seeing I was taking my time to process he asked again, staring right into my eyes leaving me nowhere to hide. "Perfect love. Do you mean it?"

"I do." I mustered up the courage to say so, surprising myself that I wasn't averting his gaze.

Without commenting anything he turned away and pulled up a box I hadn't seen yet from underneath the table, making me curious as ever. He placed it on my lap silently and waited for me to open. I stared at him and back at the box before opening it, my eyes falling over to a red tulip placed on a bunch of white lace ribbons and a note stuck to it.

You are my Perfect Love

My hands flew to my mouth and I turned to face Miles for yet another unexpected sight, him holding a moonstone embedded rose gold ring in his hand looking at me with his other hand extended as if asking me to take it.

"The answer you gave to my question just now, can you say it again wearing a white dress while standing next to me at the altar?"

His words caused a thousand emotions to course through my mind and I felt myself tearing up at the amount of love he was showering me with. I hid my face in my hands but heard a light chuckle and I felt him remove my hands from my face to take a good look at my eyes again.

"Will you?" He asked again, the glow in his eyes obvious at the very first glance.

"I will." I nodded as he put the ring on my finger, giving me some time to admire how beautiful it was.

"I love you Summer."

He confessed while gently wiping away my tears with his thumb, cupping the side of my face after doing so. The next moment he connected our lips in a slow yet deep kiss to express everything he was feeling inside, the moment feeling so magical and of course perfect in every way I could think of. He pulled away but placed his lips softly on my forehead just afterwards as if to say he would love and protect me forever.

"I love you Miles."

I returned the words and the feelings causing a smile to grow on his face in the fraction of a second.

"You know, birthday wishes may not be the most effective ones if you really want something." He said randomly making me furrow my eyebrows.

"Why suddenly?"

"Because both the times I wished that you wouldn't ever cry because of me but they didn't work."

"I guess happy tears don't count."

- Because He's My Crush -
- The End -