24 - First Day

"Alicia!! I didn't see you passing by I'm so sorry." I couldn't help but smile at the unexpected encounter, the bummer mood from the event cancellation going out of the window immediately.

"It's been so long!"

Alicia's lips curled upwards into a big beam as well, her big round eyes reducing into two little crescents. She didn't waste another second to wrap her arms around me so warmly, taking me into her embrace as a big sister would. Instinctively I looked around for the guy I was dying to see all this time but seeing he was not to be seen, I figured Alicia was alone.

"We have so much to catch up on! Let's go to get a coffee or something." She suggested and I agreed since I didn't have any plans for the rest of the day. We walked to a nearby coffee shop and placed our orders before taking our seats in a corner.

We went on talking after Alicia replied to some texts, feeling so happy and good that we got to meet again coincidentally like this. Thinking it would be rude to ask about her brother when we had just met after so long, I kept my mouth shut about the topic but fortunately she brought it up herself after a while.

"Miles wanted to see you again so badly. He was constantly worried thinking if you were okay or not." She said softly, as if she had a hard time watching her brother like that. "I just can't wait for you to meet each other now that you're here."

Her eyes glinted as she rubbed her hands together, feeling excited about something. I didn't have a clue about what she was up to until I faintly heard the door of the shop open because of the bell hung on it and Alicia's eyes went that way, her face lighting up in a second.

"I swear to God Alicia if you prank me again I will-"

That voice...

As if it had its own mind, my body turned towards the direction where the voice came from, not even having to waste another second to recognize the familiar form in front of me. He halted in his tracks as well, probably not expecting me to be sitting there chatting with his sister while sipping an iced coffee. I had scenarios in my mind on how I would react if I ever got to see Miles again but it seemed like all those preparations were going down the drain. I was too happy, excited and surprised that I felt like my brain was overloaded with so many instructions, resulting none of those to put into action.

"I'm sure you two lovebirds have a lot to talk about so I'll catch up with you later. Bye bye!" I heard Alicia say before her form disappeared through the door. At the same time Miles came close to me and pulled me in for a tight hug, his lips forming that familiar sweet smile as he did so.

"Gosh I missed you so much." He muttered while tightening his arms around me one more time before pulling away almost reluctantly, satisfaction and relief written all over his features. I was about to say something but he had other plans, giving me another hug causing me to chuckle.

"Miles there are other people here." I reminded and I could swear I heard him mutter 'Oh screw them' but he parted anyways, his smile still not fading one bit. He took the seat in front of mine where Alicia had been sitting earlier.

"You've gotten even taller and now I'm like a midget next to you." I pointed out the thing I noticed first, making him laugh until his eyes turned into crescents just like his sister.

"And you've grown your hair, it's so pretty." He complimented back immediately, his eyes wandering all over my black hair that had gotten twice as longer since he last saw me. "Once you drink your coffee we can go to the riverside and talk freely there. I won't let you go easily this time."

With that finalized we did exactly what was on his mind. We sat down on the grass under a tree, the river flowing just a few meters away from us. There weren't many people so we could talk as much as wanted about anything and everything. I avoided talking to him about mom, not wanting to ruin the pleasant mood for both of us. I just said I moved out and attended the university of my choice. As always he took the hint and didn't ask further on the topic. I didn't notice how he had sneaked his hand to intertwine with mine but just as he said, he wasn't planning to let me go easily.

"Summer I'm really sorry." He said out of the blue, catching my attention at the sudden apology.

"What are you talking about?"

"If I hadn't been so reckless and all, maybe wouldn't have gotten in trouble like that."

"And maybe I wouldn't have ended up doing what I love either." He turned to face me at my words and I smiled. "I had told you already Miles, if something were to happen, it wouldn't be because of you. I could've deleted your number and forgot about you or I could've not have a crush on you in the first place. You didn't do anything that you should be apologizing to me."

He stared at me fondly without another word, making me shy away from his gaze. However he placed his free hand on my jaw to keep me from avoiding his scrutiny, the one that was getting more and more intense by every moment that passed. He then did the exact thing I loved with my entire being, capturing my lips with his that gave the butterflies in my stomach so much energy to fly around and make me feel tingly and giddy. Unlike last times he had no reason to end our little moment so quickly and I could tell he was taking full advantage of it. When he parted his lips from mine it was because we would lack air if we went on any longer and not because we wanted to end it, but he had the biggest smile decorating his face. He placed a kiss on my forehead ever so sweetly and side hugged me with his hand over my shoulder. I got reminded of the one thing we couldn't complete all this time, not seeing any reason to hold back now.

"Miles?"

"Hmm?"

"We can... call this our first day as a... couple."

[A/N]
Cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe