12 - The End...?

I don't think I had ever been more nervous than in the last minutes of the math class on that Monday. Inside my head was utter chaos while I tried to decide whether or not to confess my feelings for him, knowing very well there was no chance of us meeting again after the next few minutes pass and we part ways. Getting his number would be futile as well because the phone I used currently was always 'monitored' by mom in case she thought I was slacking off on studies and I couldn't be sure when I would be getting my own phone.

It seems the nervousness made me start in the middle of the story. Let me just back up a little bit.

"Good luck my warrior! I expect good news at school tomorrow." Nova encouraged me for the last time before we left school and honestly, that just made my tummy stir up even more. I never knew confessing your feelings for someone would be this hard and needed so much courage.

For all the people that confessed to their crush, I have so much respect for you.

My heart was beating like a bat out of hell ever since I set my eyes on the guy who looked at me with his sweet smile when I entered the class while I did the same awkwardly, going to my seat at the end of the desk. After settling down and trying my best to focus on the lesson for two more hours, the teacher announced the words that everyone else was dreaming to hear.

"Okay guys that's it for today. Go home safely and we'll meet next week. Don't forget your homework." She reminded and everyone packed their bags with new found energy, saying bye to each other and leaving one by one. I glanced at Kate to see she was avoiding me until the very end, dragging her friend Anna out of the class as well. Looking back at Miles I saw him talking to the teacher about something so I went to our usual spot on the balcony with my bag in hand.

"Yes thank you Mrs. Moore." I heard him say before the elder woman passed me by towards the staircase and went to the lower floor. I felt presence beside me and I knew it was the boy that had been on my mind for the whole day because we were the only ones left in the class premises as usual.

"You're awfully quiet today, is everything alright?" He started the conversation, checking up on me firstly.

"Yeah yeah I'm okay. Just, some things on my mind." I chuckled nervously as my palms were getting sweaty. Inner me was trying so hard to pursue myself to do as Nova said but just the thought was making my anxiety have a field day.

Will you just say it? Mom will be here any moment!

But-

No buts just say it!! This is your last chance so go on, hurry!

"So um... I won't be coming to the class anymore." I managed to get the words out and I could see how the guy's smile disappear faster than it appeared. He furrowed his eyebrows but kept his silence as if to tell me to explain more. "I have to stop this class because of some.. uh... stuff."

"What you're trying to say is that I won't be meeting you anymore?" He asked in a disappointed tone and all I could do was slightly nod with my gaze lowered to the ground. "We can exchange numbers and keep inㅡ"

"No Miles we can't. I can't." I stopped him before he started looking for a piece of paper. He let out a frustrated huff and put his bag on properly again.

"In that case I have something to say to you right now." He said, making my heart beat a little faster in its cage. I focused my eyes on his that quickly scanned our surroundings and he dragged me by the hand towards the class, where we were hidden from anyone outside of the room.

"Why did you bring me here, what did you want to say?" I asked in confusion.

"I've been wanting to do this since quite a long time."

It was all he said before he let go of my hand and cupped my face with both of his warm palms, leaning down and placing his sweet plump lips on mine. I felt my heartbeat going at a crazy speed as my eyes widened in shock, trying to comprehend the situation better. His lips moved against mine not caring how I wasn't responding but judging by the little smile I felt from him, he knew it was that I was too stunned to do anything and not me disliking what he was doing. He pressed one last peck on the corner of my mouth and pulled back a little, still his forehead placed on mine. Opening his eyes and staring right at me, his smile widened in pure satisfaction and happiness that I could feel radiating from his entire being.

"Next time I won't let you go until you kiss me back." MIiles whispered in my ear causing me to blush a good hue of tomato red.

Next time...?

He placed another sweet peck on my left cheek before taking a few steps back and let me take a breath after what felt like a couple of oxygen-less minutes. I knew he liked me back too but I had never thought he would do this and so I was caught off guard big time. Mustering up courage I looked up at him to see he was very amused and it didn't seem like he cared anything about the news I told him at the balcony.

"Summer are you in here? Summer?" We heard the teacher's voice calling out to me and I went out to the balcony to see her climbing up the stairs to the class. "Oh there you are. Your mom's here to pick you up. Hurry on."

I nodded to her and looked over to the tall boy standing at the door of the class with his hands in his pockets. He blessed me with his smile one last time that somehow gave me a sense of reassurance, making me feel like this might not be the end of our story. I walked over to mom who was standing at the foot of the stairs very impatiently.

"Why weren't you on the balcony as usual?" She interrogated immediately after the teacher said her goodbye and went her way.

"I... I was looking for the pen you gave me the other day. I didn't want to lose it." I came up with a quick lie that I knew she wouldn't further ask about.

It was a pen with her and my initials on it, something she ordered me to use to probably show to the world how good and loving of a mother she was. She didn't know I hadn't used it in school or anywhere else other than at home, that too just to show her I was using it. The ink was too dark and I didn't like the object in general so I always used the stationary of my choice at school and extra classes.

As I predicted mom didn't ask anything further and just walked away from me. I did the same quickly, not looking back at the balcony no matter how much I wanted to. All I could do was follow mom silently with my head filled with various thoughts and flashbacks from just a few minutes ago.

Would this really be the end?

...or not?

[A/N]
I'm so proud of myself rn cuz I studied for almsot 7hrs for one day woohoo🥳 Also,

Cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe cringe :')