29 - Happy Birthday For Real This Time

"Miles open the door quickly!! It's an emergency!!!"

I yelled knocking on my boyfriend's bedroom door nonstop. It was nine in the morning and he was still sleeping as it seemed. I heard the faint sound of his footsteps coming towards the door and it swung open just when I held up the flower bouquet I had gotten for him, in front of my face.

"What's wrong? Are you okay? And... what is this?" He let out a string of questions in a morning raspy voice.

"Happy birthday!!! This time for real." I quickly added the last part while he took the bouquet from my hands with a light chuckle.

"This is beautiful, thank you so much." Miles couldn't take his eyes off the red tulips as he spoke.

"There's more. Come quickly!"

I was about to head to the living room when he suddenly grabbed my hand and stopped me in my tracks. He leaned forward approaching my face and instinctively I closed my eyes waiting for his plump lips to meet mine. However, instead of a kiss he delivered a whisper in my ear, his breath fanning my skin close to his lips.

"I need to freshen up first."

"Oh yeah yeah do that first then I'll wait in the living room." I mumbled with flushed cheeks and left him to come to the living room, embarrassed that I thought he was going to kiss me.

I took care of a few details of the cake and other food before Miles came after freshening up and changing into a short and a t-shirt. I quickly lit the candle of the cake for him.

"Make a wish."

"But I already made one the other day." He said referring to the day a week ago when I had mistaken the date and gave him a surprise party when he came home.

"That doesn't count. You have to make a new wish today." I stated importantly and waited until he was done. He blew out the candle and cut into the spongy food with the biggest smile on his face.

The whole thing went way better than I thought it would and it made me so proud of myself and happy to see Miles smiling from ear to ear because of something I did. We both skipped classes for the day to spend it together. I told him I was ready to do anything he wanted since it was his special day but all he asked for was to go out with him at night. Honestly, I was kind of surprised at his request.

"You don't wanna do anything else? I mean, it's your birthday after all."

I said while were sitting on the couch with a blanket wrapped around both of us, the sides of our bodies getting in contact because of the close proximity. He shook his head with a beam.

"I just want this day to be simple but special and with you here I have exactly that." His eyes fixed on mine with something that filled me with so much warmth in inexplicable ways. "My only hope now is that-"

"HEY HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRO!!"

"-my sister wouldn't scream that for the whole neighborhood to hear." He finished his sentence with a sigh but I couldn't help laughing at the perfect timing of Alicia to make an appearance. The brother went to the door to let the girl in.

"Hi Alicia."

I waved at her with a smile. Her whole aura changed from the Alicia Miles knew to Alicia I knew, the girl more composed and soft spoken. I chuckled at the sudden switch but was used to it since I had been seeing it for a while now.

"Hey Summer!! I hope my brother isn't being a jerk with you." She said coming inside while the said boy closed the front door. He didn't respond to the comment but followed us to the living room. "Wait, was I interrupting something?" The elder girl suddenly asked, noticing the blanket and all the food around the couch.

"No no we were just talking." I replied.

"So Miles, do we have good news?" Alicia's next question was to her brother. She looked so excited that I wondered what it was about.

"Can I have two seconds with you? In the kitchen?"

He signaled to her to come to the kitchen instead of answering and I saw that familiar awkward smile on display which reminded me of the time we first met at the math class. They both headed off to the kitchen and talked in a low tone as if they didn't want me to hear but what worried me was that Miles seemed a bit frustrated from where I was in the living room. I hoped nothing was wrong that he wouldn't tell me. After a couple of minutes the siblings were back and they acted perfectly normal.

"So... I'm cake hungry." Alicia's words and the sheepish smile made me laugh while the guy just rolled his eyes as if he had seen this a hundred times before.

The elder girl stayed for a while before getting up to head back home. She waved goodbye before disappearing through the front door and I turned towards the window to see it was late evening already. I started cleaning up the snacks on the sofa when I felt someone watching me.

"Should we also get ready? You promised to go out with me tonight remember?"

Miles reminded what was already popping up in my mind after I saw the time. I nodded in agreement but finished cleaning up first so we could go to bed straight away when we come back after the outing.

I went through my clothes trying to figure out a proper attire for our date. The word made me smile to myself without even trying. I tried to come up with an outfit that wouldn't make me seem like a flat blob on the special day of his and after a while I could find one that satisfied me.

I quickly got ready and stepped out of the room to see he was already waiting for me. He kissed my temple lovingly before we walked through the front door, our hands intertwined with each other's.

[A/N]
If anyone is wondering the outfit of Summer, I imagined something like this but you're free to imagine an outfit of your choice ^^

[A/N]If anyone is wondering the outfit of Summer, I imagined something like this but you're free to imagine an outfit of your choice ^^