~ 16 - The kiss ~

I knew what I had to do. I had to talk to Lola.

I left Josh and Wyatt sitting on the steps and rushed back into the house. Lola had to be here somewhere around here. I pushed my way back through the crowds, searching for her.

I came across her standing with a group of girls by the bar, empty glass in her hand. I took a deep breath, and approached her.

"Lola, hey!" I placed an hand on her arm.
"Hey, Kai!"
"I need to talk to you." I told her, hands shaking.
"Of course, what's up?"
"Can we go somewhere more private?"

I led her away from the partying crowds into an empty bedroom, and we sat down on the bed.

"So, what do you need to talk to me about?" She asked.  I prepared myself for what I was about to say.
"The boys told me everything. That you ran after me...that day, at the restaurant. When I went to hospital." I looked up at Lola.
"Kai, I-" She took a deep breath and continued. I guess she needed to prepare as well. "I wanted to visit you. In hospital. I wanted to visit so badly. But- I didn't know what to say. Well, I knew what I wanted to say, but I didn't know how."
"What did you want to say?"
"I think you know." She said, and she was right. I did know. "I love you, Kai." She whispered.
"I love you too." I replied.

Lola twisted herself towards me, and softly placed her hand on my shoulder. I lent towards her, wrapping my arms around her waist, breathing in the sweet smell of her perfume. She touched her lips to mine, more and more passionately with time. My hands slipped upwards till they were tangled in her hair.

It was everything I'd hoped for, everything I'd dreamt about since I'd felt this way. The adrenaline rush, the beating heart, the feeling of everything finally turning out the way I'd wanted it to for so long. It was...perfect.