~ 12 - The difficult conversation ~

A couple days went by, and I was managing to stay away from Lola. It helped that I had Chloe as a friend now, and she was pretty cool. I wasn't prepared to trust her to much yet though, not after Wyatt betrayed me.

I can't say it was easy to avoid Lola, and I missed her so much. She was my best friend, after all.

Then she approached me.

It was the end of the day, we were just leaving the classroom and she had waited outside for me. At first I didn't realize she was waiting for me, I thought she might've been waiting for one of the other girls. But she stepped forward as I hobbled out of the room, and placed a hand on my arm. I jumped at her touch, and almost lost my balance.
"Sorry!" She exclaimed. I regained my balance, and tried to force a smile.
"It's okay." I replied. "What do you want?" I sounded blunter than I intended.
"Umm, we need to talk."
"No we don't..."
"Yes. We do. You can't avoid me forever."
"So uhh...do you...know?" I asked cautiously, and waited for her answer. Lola nodded. I sighed. Though I'd been expecting it, it wasn't the answer I was looking for. My eyes darted towards me feet. "And...?" I stammered, with hope.
"Kai," Lola looked into my eyes sympathetically. "I'm sorry..."
"That's okay!" I tried to sound upbeat, but I felt as if I'd been stabbed in the heart. "But, I...I understand if you...don't want to talk to me anymore."
"No, no. Of course I want to talk to you." She said, to my surprise. "You're my best friend, Kai. I don't wanna lose that." I smiled, and she smiled back. "So, we're still friends?" I nodded in response.
"Best friends."
"Forever?"
"Forever."

♡︎♥︎♡︎

I guess it was good that we were still friends, but I wasn't sure how I felt about her knowing now, and I knew it was going to make things just a little bit awrkward. Hopefully it'll be alright, hopefully we'll just be able to put it in the past and pretend like it never existed. As if she never found out.

As if she didn't know that I was madly in love with her.

Obviously that wouldn't happen, and I knew it wouldn't. It's not exactly the kind of thing you can forget that easily. But I couldn't help hoping.