~ 1 - The beginning ~

"C'mon, you've gotta get over him. Why are you so hung up on that dick anyways?" Lola asked. She's my best friend, we've been friends for years and know everything about each other. At least almost everything. She's been trying to help me move on from my ex since we broke up last week, but what she doesn't know is that she's the one I really want.
"I'm not, I just don't see how dating another guy is gonna help."
"How will it not help? You date someone else, you fall in love, you'll forget about Aiden in no time"
"It's not that simple, Lola."
"Sure it is." Lola closed her locker and surveyed the corridor. "What about him? He's pretty cute." I followed her pointing finger across the room and settled my eyes on a tall, lean stick of a boy. His over-gelled hair stuck up in the air like blades of grass.
"Really?" I raised my eyebrows at her.
"Stop being fussy. There's nothing wrong with him!"
"He looks like a plant!" I exclaimed. Lola smirked, and let out a snort of laughter. I couldn't help but smile, her laughter is contagious.
"Ok, someone else then." Lola said once we had both finished laughing. "Who would you date?"
"I dunno."
"There's gotta be someone."
'You' I thought, but I didn't dare say it aloud. Instead I simply shrugged.
"Ugh fine. You're so boring." Lola sighed and pulled her locker key out of the lock.

♥︎♡︎♥︎

I forced open the front door and entered my house, slamming the door behind me.
"I'm home!" I shout into the house, throwing my keys down on the sideboard.
"The slamming door is the only announcement we need!" My mum's voice echoed from inside the house. She appeared in the doorway. "How was your day, sweetie?"
"Eh." I sat down on the bottom step and tugged off my shoes.
"Eh?" My mum asked. "Is that good or bad?"

"Just ok." I responded, before rushing up the stairs to my room.

As soon as I got to my room, I changed out of my school uniform into a much more comfortable pair of joggers and my favorite t-shirt. I grabbed my notepad, lay on my bed and wrote my heart out. A typical Friday evening.

♥︎♡︎♥︎

My phone began to vibrate on my bedside table and I glanced up from my latest masterpiece (which was really anything but) to see that Lola was calling me. I snapped my notepad shut and lept up to answer it.

"Hey!" Lola's voice came from the phone. The sound of her voice was like music to my ears.
"Hi! Wassup?"
"What are you doing tomorrow?"
"Nothing, why? You wanna do something?"
"Josh is having a party, you wanna come?" Josh, Lola's boyfriend, let's be honest here I'm not his biggest fan. Well, I hate him. Besides the fact that he's the most annoying person I've ever met, he's one of the things getting in the way of me and Lola ever getting together. Of course that isn't his fault, but it's hard not to hold it against him.
"Yeah, sure." I agreed. I'm not the biggest fan of parties, so it's not like I wanted to go, it's just an excuse to spend more time with Lola. "What time?"
"It starts at 8 eight."
"I'll be there."
"See you there. Bring a date!" And with that, she hung up the phone. 'Great, now I have to find a date' I thought.