~ 7 - The double date ~

"Will you come? Please?" Lola pleaded. She was doing her puppy eyes, the ones that made my knees go weak and my heart melt inside me.
"Fine, I'll come." I agreed. "But I'll have to ask Wyatt." Lola had decided it would be a fun idea for me and Wyatt to join her and Josh on a double date. I knew already that it would be anything but fun.

♥︎♡︎♥︎

"It sounds like a great idea!" Wyatt was surprisingly happy about the whole double date thing. "Sure, I'll come."
"Really? I was kinda hoping you'd say no." I had the feeling something was going to go very wrong.
"What? Why?" He asked. My eyes darted to the floor. "Kai?"
"I just-" I sighed. "I don't think it's the best idea." Wyatt's face softened. He put a comforting arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder. "It'll be fine. It could be fun."
"I doubt it'll be fun."
"Well you never know. The only way to find out is if we go."
"Fine, we'll go."
"Good."
"But are you sure you're okay with pretending that we're dating?"
"Yeah, it's cool. As long as you're comfortable with it?"
I nodded, reluctantly.

♥︎♡︎♥︎

Lola and Josh were already sat waiting at the table when we arrived. Her face lit up as we entered and she happily waved us over. I sat down opposite Lola, and Wyatt sat next to me.
"Hey!" Lola greeted us happily. "So, this is the famous Wyatt?" She signalled to Wyatt.
"Oh, yeah yeah." I said. Wyatt put an arm around my shoulder.
"It's great to see you guys together." Josh said "Anyways, I'm gonna go to the toilet."
"Yeah, me too." Wyatt said, and he followed Josh over to the toilets. Once they were out of earshot, Lola turned to me.
"So, things are going well with you two?"
"Well, you know, just okay."
"Okay? Kai, have you seen how hot Wyatt is?" Ouch. Lola talking about Wyatt like that really hit hard.
"Lola!"
"What?"
"You have a boyfriend you know."
"Okay, okay. Whatever. But still."
"Well...he's okay, but..."
"But what?" Lola asked eagerly. But you're the one I really want. I wanted to tell her, I wanted to tell her so badly. But instead I just shrugged, and said,
"I dunno, I just don't think he's the right guy for me."
"Well who is the right guy for you?" She asked. I shrugged again.

Wyatt returned from the toilets and I left him and Lola at the table. I needed some time to clear my head.

About five minutes later, I came out of the toilets. I bumped into Lola on the way out, and quickly blinked the tears from my eyes.
"Hey!" She said.
"Hi," I replied. "I was just heading back to the table."
"Okay, cool. I'll cya in a minute." Lola continued on her way to the toilet, and I headed back over to our table. Josh was now sitting back down, and him and Wyatt were talking. I heard my name, so I stopped round the corner, just out of sight, and listened in.
"Yeah, yeah, she's great. We're having an awesome time." Said Wyatt.
"So you think it's going somewhere?" Josh asked. I was surprised, I didn't know guys had deep conversations like this.
"I don't know. I don't think so."
"No? Why not?"
"Well, it's going great, I just don't really feel the connection, it's not a relationship that can last. And of course Kai is in love with Lola so-" Wyatt stopped short. Both him and Josh said nothing, but it was so loud in my head. My heart pounded in my chest and tears burned in my eyes. After a minute of silence, Josh spoke again.
"What did you say?"
"Huh?"
"You said Kai is in love with Lola."
"Umm, no. No, I didn't." I didn't hear the rest of the conversation, because I ran out of the restaurant. I ran as fast as I could, down the street, round the corner, into the road.

And then everything went black.