chapter fifty

Marco's POV

Knock Knock

"Who is here" I looked down, my future wife, the love of my life. Everything was finally coming together. "I invited some people, to celebrate" She looked at me like she could murder me

"Marco, my clothes" the knocks kept coming. I put on my clothes, Sage was looking for her bra "I will answer the door just get ready, don't rush amore" I kissed her head then headed out the door.

"Finally you took forever" Lucia, Luca stepped in. "You realize it is cold outside" Emberlyn followed by "Mijo you picked a very nice house" mi mama y papa, then came Rezo who gave me a hug "I am happy for you" and his girlfriend Elizabeth.

Sage finally came downstairs, she looked a little flustered. She was so fucking beautiful. "There you are" Two girls walk halfway up the stairs to her. "This is a really nice house Marco" I nodded

"There are drinks in the fridge if you want something" I turned to Sage who scolded me. "I can grab them" she walked to the kitchen. I had the house already stocked and filled that way she wouldn't worry.

She grabbed drinks, set them down. Came back over to me "Marco what about dinner" basically whispering but she was loud so who knows who heard. "Pizza?" ow, she was aggressive, she also likes to hit me when I said something 'that was not stupid or rude or well anything that Sage thought was dumb' basically. "I don't know amore"

She smiled at everyone "We didn't really prepare dinner, so um we can order in" my ma got up "Nonsense we can cook together" oh god no "Sage help me in the kitchen, and you Elizabeth."

Rezo walked over, a little laugh came out. "What's next, you going to pop the question" I looked over to her "Already did" he was a little surprised "She said yes?" No kidding, Rezo sometimes doesn't have a brain

"Yes idiota" he was happy even though his face didn't look like it "I feel bad for her, she is stuck with you" Luca chimed in. I grabbed his shirt "Put him down" Sage saw everything. I did so, I gave him a push

"He isn't wrong" Oh now you smile, "Fuck off" I walked over to the kitchen "Amore, do you want to tell them" I smiled

Mama was looking at us "La tua gravidanza" (You are pregnant) I shook my head "No mama" Sage looked confused then shook it off "Everyone we have an announcement"

Everyone look towards us "Marco asked me to marry him" I could see my dad smiling "What did you say" Sage looked over to Lucia "I said Yes" everyone was cheering "Congratulation fratello" Emberlyn the only one I can truly get along with. The rest annoy me, I love them though, they are family after all.

After a good 20 minutes of all the, 'I'm happy for' and 'Congratulations' food was finally here. Luca grabbed the liquor for a 'cheers'

"Have you two decided on a date?" I looked over to Sage. "No" that was very ahead of time. "Do you want a big wedding" Sage shrugging "I don't mind if it's small or big as long as Marco is down that aisle" knowing her if I didn't show up she would kill me.

"I will" everyone laughed. We ate dinner, enjoyed everyone being here. Sage seemed a little down. "Are you okay amore" she smiled "Yea I just wish my family was here especially my dad" hugged me "But everyone is here, and they are my family so I am happy I get to spend today with family regardless." She gave me a kiss on the cheek

"They will be there on our special day I promise" she agreed. My mama was soon to pull her away to talk about wedding plans including where and when.

The rest of the guys and me sat down in the living room, talking about what is next for my Mafia. My dad also kept mentioning that I still need an heir. Which is true, one is soon to come. I don't think I will ever not be this happy.

Being with Sage was a new day I looked forward to, adventures to come no matter what. I loved her and there was nothing or no one that could change that. Once all the girls came back from cleaning and talking.

We all sat down, Sage was on my lap. We were all drunk and talked about different things Sage would bring up.

Eventually, Rezo stood up "I would like to make a toast, Marco has never had it easy, he is a fighter, stubborn, hard-headed, aggressive, not that nice, arrogant, but Sage brought out someone we thought we would never see. Thank you Sage for making my brother happy, it truly did make an impact. Not only for the fact that he wasn't a hot head at work" we all laughed

Emberlyn stood up "Sage you have grown as a sister to me, only right that you are officially one. Although you made an impact on Marco, you also helped all of us. You make everything so vibrant, I speak for everyone when I say you have always been family since day one"

Mama stood um " We all saw this coming from a while, or at least I did. It can be hard loving the De la Rosa men I have had my fair share. Sage, you made it come so easily to the one man that was cold. No offense mijo, you made him smile more and more. You are also the first person that would give your opinion or speak out to put him in his place. Emberlyn was right when she said you have always been a part of our family. I know your family is elsewhere but you always have us. You have truly shown that people can change"