chapter seventeen

Sage's POV

I felt his hands leave mine, I was being pulled into a hug by a woman who was a little shorter than me, she reminded me of my mom's hugs. I hissed in pain, last night kicked in, and she let go and looked at me funny. Marco stepped forward, I guess he figured out what happened. "Mama, where is my hug" she smiled and gave him a quick hug. "You must be Sage, we have heard a lot about you, I am Marco's mom, it's so nice to meet you finally" I smiled "It nice to meet you too" She went in for another hug, which I gladly accepted

"Ma she is hurt be gentle" her face dropped  "What happened"  her tone changed, and walked over to Marco whose eyes widened "It's nothing really, just a couple of busies" she hit Marco "You let this happen, I raised you better" I felt bad "No it wasn't his fault, I had gotten into a fight with a guy." I don't think I helped at all "And where were you?" Marco just sighed  "He was looking for me, it had happened near a street so he couldn't see me" Her eyes widened "Let me see" She walked over, and everyone's eyes were on me. 

"Mama later, I don't think you want her to take off her shirt right here" realizing everyone was staring "Everyone to the kitchen breakfast is almost ready, and you" she pointed at Marco "Mrs. De la Rosa it wasn't his fault, he couldn't have done anything to prevent it, I have handled worse I am okay. Truly" she made her way to me "You're only off the hook because of her" he laughed "You should see the other guy" she smiled and made her way to the kitchen. "You seriously did not help amore" looking at him with a half smile "I am sorry, I didn't want to lie to your mom" he smiled "It's okay we will talk more later"

We stepped into the dining room where everyone looks at us. There were two seats open, he pulled the chair out for me to sit, I did so, and he pushed it back. Him sitting next to me. "We should probably introduce ourselves first" I looked over to Rezo who stood up "We have already met but I am Rezo second oldest" next was his other sister I assumed "I am Emberlyn" then his other brother "Name is Mateo, tech genius" I let out a chuckle "You know me Luca" I nodded "We met before Lucia" and then his father approached the table "I am Lorenzo you can call me Enzo, Marcos father, and you have met his mom Alice" she waved.

Breakfast soon came out and it looks delicious, "So Sage tell us about yourself" I was a little nervous "Uhm, Well you already know my name is Sage or as Macro's girlfriend. Just graduated college, plan on going to medical school next" they all looked at me, I didn't see what the big deal is of me becoming a doctor, but then I realized it was because I said I was Marcos girlfriend, we didn't really discuss it hopefully he isn't weirded out. "Girlfriend?" the dad commented, "Yes" Marco spoke up, leaning over kissing me on the head.

It went a little silent "What do your parents do?" My face dropped a little "My mom works as a teacher and my stepfather works in construction" his dad nodded "What about your father, or is do you not have one" I was a little mad only because of what Oliver said but they didn't know "Papa this isn't an interrogation" Marco knew it was personal, I grabbed his hand "No it's okay, uhm my dad he p-passed 7 months ago" Alice hit Lorenze under the table, everyone looked at me "I am sorry for your loss" Emberlyn spoke up "Me too" I gave them a little smile and kept eating.

After we finished eating we made our way to the living room, Rezo and Marco went off to talk about work. While I wonder what he did for a living, I never really asked but was curious, he can tell me when he wants. "I really like your outfit," I smiled. It was Lucia "Thank you, I like yours as well" we made small talk for a little till the guys made their way back.  Along with Marcos's dad, "Sage we never properly thanked you for saving our son's life, so thank you" I smiled. I had completely forgotten about it. "It was no trouble, other than him stealing my car. Anyone in my position would have done the same thing." They laughed and Marco stood up "I should give you a tour of the house" they all looked over at us, but not before my phone rang.

Marco looked at it, it was my mom. "Mija you are coming Sunday right?"I just smiled, looking at Marco "Si, no me lo perdería por nada del mundo" (Yes, wouldn't miss it for the world)

"Mami ¿Está bien si traigo a alguien?" (Mom is it okay if I bring someone) she seemed surprised "Por supuesto, nos vemos el domingo mi hija" (Of course, see you Sunday) I hung up. "You speak spanish" I nodded "Full of surprises" Alice was stunned, I just laughed "So I've been told" Marco placed his hand on my back "Let's go" he showed me the main places, this place was a literal castle. "This is my room" I smiled of course he would save the best for last. We walked in, it was tidy, he had black sheets, it was simple.

"Take off your shirt" my eyes widened, he was very blunt, my cheek lit up. He chuckled "You have one dirty mind." I calmed down a little and lifted up my shirt,  just enough "I am going to kill that bastard" I walked over to the mirror, my stomach side was purple, little yellow it looked bad. "It doesn't hurt as much as you think," he sighed sitting on the bed with his hands rubbing on his face "Hey, it wasn't your fault I did this, don't feel bad" I bent down, on my knee so he could look at me. "I should have come sooner" I grabbed his hand and kissed him "Nonsense, I have a temper and I do these things without thinking" he kissed me back, pulled me on his lap, hands roaming my body "Fuck".

He pulled away "We have places to be, and I still need to get changed" He walked towards his closet taking off his shirt placing it in a basket. His back was faced towards me, his muscles were so defined this was the perfect view. He placed a black tee on which dark jeans, he looked really good. God, I need to control these thoughts.

He turned and looked at me "Ready" I nodded walking towards the door. He grabbed my arm and pulled me into him. Kissing me once again. We locked hands and walked towards everyone. They all looked at us, my cheeks lit up, Lucia was smiling.

Their family was so perfect, everyone had so much love for each other even though they got annoyed with each other easily. 

"We are heading out" Alice and Enzo approached us "It was nice to meet you",

"Likewise to all of you" I waved, his mom pulled me into another hug, and his dad gave me one as well. We walked out and back into the car. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the family

-s