Lady Ruth Constance Chapelstone never cared much for boys. She was too fixated on fashion or engines to give them much notice. An "inventor's disposition" is how her uncle referred to it when she would forget basic necessities, like food or sleep.
But proper ladies don't spend their days reinventing the steam engine, so Lady Ruth's uncle helped her to create a persona - The Owl: Britain's greatest inventor.
The Owl is sought after, but so is Lady Ruth, and making sure that she remains free to pursue her inventions may take every ounce of her cunning.
- Chapter One - The Train
- Chapter Two - London
- Chapter Three - Arriving
- Chapter Four - Hidden
- Chapter Five - The Plan
- Chapter Six - The Invention
- Chapter Seven - The Clockwork Man
- Chapter Eight - Arrangements
- Chapter Nine - The Student
- Chapter Ten - The Invitation
- Chapter Eleven - The Ruse
- Chapter Twelve - The Meeting
- Chapter Thirteen - The Deal
- Chapter Fourteen - The Discovery
- Chapter Fifteen - The Night Owl
- Chapter Sixteen - Awakening
- Chapter Seventeen - The Wedding