A newly expanded and professionally edited version of the Boy in the Woods is now available for sale as an ebook and paperback! Buy it at Amazon, iBooks, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, and many other online outlets. Just search for the title and my name. :)
After a devastating accident takes Jess's parents, a cold and controlling uncle is the only family she has left. Ripping away everything she's ever known, he takes her far from her home in the big city to live on the rural family estate. With a spoiled and stuck up older cousin the only other young person in the home, Jess struggles to adjust to her new life of loneliness and quiet isolation.
While exploring the woods surrounding her home one day, she stumbles upon a mysterious boy. Desperate for a friend, she's instantly drawn to him, but he's deeply distrustful and wants nothing to do with her. Sneaking away to see him, she works hard to break through his walls and slowly gains his trust.
As time passes, their bond grows from forbidden friendship into something more, but the threat they'll be caught looms closer. How far will Jess have to go to protect the boy she's fallen in love with? Or will her uncle find out about them before she can escape his control?
The Boy in the Woods is a mysterious and poignant coming of age novel set in the late 1950's, with the same classic feel as A Little Princess and The Secret Garden. As one of the top ten most read historical fiction stories on the popular reading website Wattpad.com, it's already loved by tens of thousands of readers. This compelling story is twice the length of the average young adult novel, and is appropriate for ages 14 to adult.
By the same author as Wattys finalists Stolen Hearts and Love You Forever!
Historical Fiction #1
General Fiction #3
Warning: This story contains occasional language and mild violence.
- A Brief Word
- Chapter 1 - Jess
- Chapter 2 - On the Street Where You Live
- Chapter 3 - Tears On My Pillow
- Chapter 4 - Lonesome Town
- Chapter 5 - Lonely Boy
- Chapter 6 - Maybe
- Chapter 7 - It's Just a Matter of Time
- Chapter 8 - Hearts Made of Stone
- Chapter 9 - Don't Be Cruel
- Chapter 10 - One Summer Night
- Chapter 11 - Problems
- Chapter 12 - Twilight Time
- Chapter 13 - I Got a Feeling
- Chapter 14 - School Day (Ring! Ring! Goes the Bell)
- Chapter 15 - Why
- Chapter 16 - Alone With You
- Chapter 17 - Who's Sorry Now?
- Chapter 18 - It's Not For Me To Say
- Chapter 19 - What a Difference a Day Makes
- Chapter 20 - Silhouettes
- Chapter 21 - You Send Me
- Chapter 22 - The Secret of Christmas
- Chapter 23 - Gonna Give Myself a Party
- Chapter 24 - Let's Start the New Year Right
- Chapter 25 - My Happiness
- Chapter 26 - Am I Losing You
- Chapter 27 - It's Time to Cry
- Chapter 28 - Heartaches by the Number
- Chapter 29 - Don't You Know
- Chapter 30 - Here Comes Summer
- Chapter 31 - Five Feet High and Rising
- Chapter 32 - Tell Him No
- Chapter 33 - Arrivederci
- Chapter 34 - He'll Have to Go
- Chapter 35 - Sixteen Candles
- Chapter 36 - Come Go With Me
- Chapter 37 - Somebody's Back in Town
- Chapter 38 - Put Your Head on My Shoulder
- Chapter 39 - Wishful Thinking
- Chapter 40 - The One You Slip Around With
- Chapter 41 - The Twist
- Chapter 42 - Only the Lonely (Know the Way I Feel)
- Chapter 43 - It's Now or Never
- Chapter 44 - Swingin' School
- Chapter 45 - Where the Boys Are
- Chapter 46 - Run To Him
- Chapter 47 - Surrender
- Chapter 48 - Take Good Care of My Baby
- Chapter 49 - I'm Sorry
- Chapter 50 - I Fall To Pieces
- Chapter 51 - Town Without Pity
- Chapter 52 - Let's Twist Again
- Chapter 53 - Do You Love Me?
- Chapter 54 - Don't Break the Heart That Loves You
- Epilogue - God Only Knows
- This Is Not the End - Jonathon's Story is Finished!
- Exciting News about The Boy in the Woods!
- Finding Marty
- My Writing Process and The Boy in the Woods
- Buy the Published Version of The Boy in the Woods!
- A Paperback Version? Yes!