Love and Potions - Severus Sn...

By Castiels_Trenchcoat6

Rowan Knight fell in love with Hogwarts when she was forced to transfer in her sixth year. She quickly develo... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Assistant Professor
Chapter 2 - Moving In
Chapter 3 - Hello, Severus
Chapter 4 - Legilimency
Chapter 5 - Late Nights
Chapter 6 - Amortentia
Chapter 7 - Fireworks
Chapter 8 - Home
Chapter 9 - Hogsmeade
Chapter 10 - Bold Words
Chapter 11 - Secrets Unveiled
Chapter 12 - Packing
Chapter 13 - Labelling
Chapter 14 - Hogwarts Express
Chapter 15 - Zabini Manor
Chapter 16 - Interruptions
Chapter 17 - Confrontation
Chapter 18 - Shopping
Chapter 19 - Christmas Eve
Chapter 20 - Merry Christmas
Chapter 21 - Malfoy Manor
Chapter 22 - Imperio
Chapter 23 - Diagon Alley
Chapter 24 - Returning Home
Chapter 25 - Clean Break
Chapter 27 - Trouble
Chapter 28 - Staff Meeting
Chapter 29 - True Fear
Chapter 30 - Chaos
Chapter 31 - In A Different Life
Chapter 32 - Birthday Surprise
Chapter 33 - Birthday Party
Chapter 34 - Preparations
Chapter 35 - Yule Ball
Chapter 36 - Grief
Chapter 37 - Mother Dearest
Chapter 38 - Belief
Chapter 39 - Queen's Dinner
Chapter 40 - Powerful Friendship
Chapter 41 - The Real Truth
Chapter 42 - Family is chosen
Chapter 43 - A Mother's Love
Chapter 44 - Building Trust
Chapter 45 - Date Night
Chapter 46 - Separate Paths
Chapter 47 - Loving You
Chapter 48 - Emerald Trio
Chapter 49 - The Malfoys' Ball
Chapter 50 - A New Ending
Chapter 51 - Quidditch and Suspicions
Chapter 52 - A New Title
Chapter 53 - Sly Fox
Chapter 54 - Loyalty and Love
Chapter 55 - Pity Party

Chapter 26 - Ilvermorny

1.3K 71 25
By Castiels_Trenchcoat6

"Are you sure that she can travel, Madam Pomfrey? Her arm was just injured-" Blaise pushed as he, and Rowan's other friend's, gathered in the small space around Rowan's cot. Severus had already left to pack for both of them. While Rowan had protested that she could pack her own things, Severus had demanded he pack since she was injured.

"I assure you Mr. Zabini, Professor Knight is all in one piece again. She is perfectly capable of travel," Madam Pomfrey replied, nodding in dismissal toward Rowan. "When will you be back?" Millicent asked as she forcefully pushed Blaise out of her way. "A few days, maybe? Definitely before the yule ball," Rowan answered as she turned her attention toward Juniper, who seemed to be fiddling with a small necklace. 

"Whatcha got, Juni?" Rowan asked as she carefully pushed herself off of the bed. Her arm seemed to be as good as new. Juniper, who seemed to be zoned out, quickly shoved the necklace into her pocket. "Just something I took from Granger's bag earlier. She isn't too happy about me getting close to Fred," Something seemed off, but Rowan decided that she would ask when they had more time to talk. Perhaps through a letter.

"Well, you know what I'm gonna say. You need to give Hermione her necklace back," Rowan said, giving Juniper a quick side hug. Juniper nodded, though Rowan knew she would most likely keep it for a while longer. Rowan quickly said bittersweet goodbyes to her friends. Just when she had finished, Severus appeared in the hospital wings doorway with 2 filled trunks. 

"Stay safe, Professors," Millicent said with a small wave toward Severus. He pursed his lips and nodded in her general direction, feeling awkward interacting with a student on school grounds. "I see why you get so annoyed when we can't floo to places," Rowan said as she joined him and the pair began to walk toward the carriages. 

"I still think it is foolish that America does not have a connected floo network," Severus replied sourly. When they had reached the carriages, they were met with a few familiar faces. Dumbledore and Hagrid stood there, awaiting the arrival of Severus and Rowan. 

"I thought you'd like a few of us to send you off," Dumbledore said, mostly directing his words at Rowan. Rowan smiled and nodded, reaching for her trunk. 

"Woah there las, I got ye'" Hagrid said as he picked up both Rowan and Severus' trunks like they weighed nothing and placed them inside the carriage. "Thank you, Hagrid," Rowan said as she held out her hand for a handshake. Much to her surprise, Hagrid pulled her into a huge hug. 

"I can' believe you may be leavin' us," Hagrid started rather loudly. "I -member when you was jus' a youngin walkin' in 'ere. Now yer leavin' an' I'm really goin' to miss you," Hagrid wailed as he let go of Rowan, who had begun to laugh. Hagrid looked both hurt and puzzled. 

"I'm coming back, Hagrid. I'd never leave this place for another job. Hogwarts is my home, and you guys are my family," Rowan chuckled, reaching out and placing her hand on his forearm for comfort. Hagrid's face lit up brightly. "Oh, I knew it! See, headmaster! See!" Hagrid exclaimed, causing Dumbledore to crack a small smile. 

"Have a nice trip, you two," Dumbledore said and Rowan watched as Severus entered into the carriage without returning the goodbyes. Rowan knew he disliked Gryffindors, but perhaps it was deeper than that. Hagrid and Dumbledore had been Gryffindors in their time, and yet Rowan wouldn't have placed them there. 

Just as Rowan was about to turn and enter the carriage, a thought fell into her mind. "Headmaster?" Rowan called out to the retreating man. "Yes, Rowan?" He replied, adjusting his half-circle glasses ever so slightly. 

"Could you watch over Juniper Montgomery for me? She seemed a little off today and I didn't have the time to ask her about it," Rowan asked, guilt eating away at her gut. "Of course. I'll send you a letter if anything changes," Dumbledore assured her before quickly shooing her off to the carriage. 

"Everything alright?" Severus asked when Rowan finally entered the carriage. Rowan nodded as she wrung her hands nervously. "Everything is as fine as it will be. I never wanted to return to America," Rowan admitted, shaking her head frustratingly. Severus said nothing in response. Instead, he reached over and grabbed one of her hands and interlaced their fingers. The ride was silent, however, it was a comfortable silence.  

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

"This is where you were taught? I do have to say, I prefer the look of Hogwarts," Severus muttered as he looked around the halls of Ilvermorny. Rowan only shook her head, not being brave enough to speak within the walls of her own school. 

"Knight? Oh my god! Look who came crawling back, guys!" A young boy called out, causing almost every student in the hall to turn and look upon Rowan and Severus. The first thing that Severus noticed was that every student wore a blue and red uniform, with the same crest on their chest. He could only assume that they were from the same house. The closer he got, the more he recognized it to be the Thunderbird crest. 

"Nice to see you too, Max," Rowan said quietly as she fought her instinct to lower her head. She had to keep in mind that she was trying to hide her past, not bow down to it. "What do you say, guys? Should we do it for old times sake?" Max called out as he looked behind him, causing the crowd of children to erupt in laughter and cheers. 

"What are they-" Severus tried but Rowan was only looking around frantically. She spotted an empty classroom and looked into Severus' eyes, full of fear. "Get in there," Rowan commanded, not seeming to notice the crowd closing in on them. "Rowan, tell me-" 

"Now, Severus!" Rowan cried out and Severus, who was now in shock at her behavior, quickly went into the empty classroom's doorway. Severus watched everything unfold, and as he did, he wished he would have stayed by her side. The children all started to scream random spells at the top of their lungs. Some were harmless but humiliating; others were harmful. Cuts began to appear on Rowan's face but her eyes stayed glued on Severus. 

He tried to go and get her, and keep them from hurting her. They could go to the headmaster and all of these children could be expelled. When he tried to move, Rowan shook her head at him. "Wait," She said as tears formed in her eyes. And so he waited. A few moments later, Rowan fell to the ground in defeat and the students seemed satisfied. The hallway soon cleared and Severus ran to her side. 

"What in the bloody hell was that, Rowan?" Severus exclaimed as he helped lift her to her feet. He took her head into his hands and examined every bruise and cut, nothing seemed major. "I told you they hated me," Rowan chuckled and hugged Severus tightly. Severus held onto her tightly, bound, and determined that he would never let that happen again. He wasn't necessarily against hitting children before they hurt Rowan, but now he had a solid reason. 

"I will get each of those disgusting children expelled. I'll send in a letter to the ministry and-"

"Severus, calm down. I used to go through this every day," Rowan said as she reached up and placed a loving hand on his cheek. Severus seemed to relax at only her touch as he sighed loudly. "Allow me," Severus said as he pulled out his wand and slowly healed her wounds. Rowan didn't have to say she was thankful for his actions, her body language had already said enough. 

"We need to meet with Headmaster Fontaine so he can tell us where we'll be staying," Rowan said as she led the way down a few hallways until she stopped at a large, wooden door. She knocked and the door suddenly swung open, revealing a man with a large white beard that was very well-trimmed. 

"Rowan Knight. What a pleasure it is to see you again," Fontaine said slyly, flicking his wand and conjuring up two chairs. Rowan said down hurriedly with a small bow while Severus simply sat down. "I don't believe we have met, I'm Agilbert Fontaine. I'm headmaster and a professor here at the best wizarding school out there," Fontaine said and held out his hand to Severus. 

Severus scoffed loudly and shook his head. "Firstly, the way you run this school is horrid. You allow students, both current and former, to be bullied and abused. I have no want or need to stay here longer than it takes for Professor Knight to turn down this job," Severus began, his voice openly venomous. Rowan had to wonder if this is how he was whenever he was working for the dark lord. While Headmaster Fontaine seemed to want to say something, Severus hadn't allowed. 

"Secondly, I would never lower myself down to shake hands with you. I am a lot of things and worked for horrible people, but you are one of the foulest people I have met," Severus spat as he tucked his hands into his robe pockets. Rowan's eyes widened as she turned toward her lover. "For someone who lectures children on keeping their emotions in control, you seem to have lost yours," She whispered, earning a glare from Severus. 

"Miss Knight, please tell me this man's name. I will need to file a report to Headmaster Dumbledore. Perhaps he should not be teaching children," Fontaine seethed. At first, Rowan was going to stay silent. There was no way she would give up Severus, not even for Dumbledore. However, Severus spoke first.

"My name is Professor Severus Snape. Now, you could tell Albus of my behavior but that would leave me no choice but to go above your head and straight to the ministry. You ignore abuse and bullying amongst the students, which could end you a one-way ticket to Nurmengard, or better yet, Azkaban," Severus said cockily with a small roll of his eyes. Fontaine seemed taken aback but nodded. "Fine," He said cooly. 

Fontaine looked like he was about to explode whenever he turned his attention to Rowan. "You will meet with Mr. Edwards tomorrow and the package you two will be taking should be here any day now. You will be staying in the guest wing, which I am sure you remember where it is. Now, get the hell out of my office," 

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

"Thank you for sticking up for me," Rowan said quietly as she slipped underneath the covers. Unlike Hogwarts, Ilvermorny was warmed during the nights. Rowan had to admit, she missed the cold air from Hogwarts' dungeons. "I cannot stand your old headmaster," Severus said, still very angry from the events that had occurred earlier. 

"I'm sure he doesn't like you either, Sev," Rowan giggled and placed a kiss against Severus' cheek. "Goodnight, my dear," Severus said, pulling Rowan closer to him. "Goodnight, Sev,"

Although Severus felt safe inside the walls of Ilvermorny, he didn't feel that Rowan was safe. When he was sure she was asleep, he removed his wand from underneath his pillow and muttered a defensive spell, as well as a spell that would keep the door locked. He swore to himself that he would protect her and that was what he was going to do. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.8K 1.4K 28
Love is difficult to explain as one likes to say. But (Y/n)(L/n) falling for her professor, Severus Snape? That was hard to believe. The girl always...
10.2K 421 30
This is a story about a girl named Melissa Bennett, who is in love with her professor, Severus Snape. But with Severus' past, some unexpected news, a...
2.6K 161 24
Shortly after Theda Desmond replaces Professor Binns as Hogwarts' new History of Magic teacher, she learns that she possesses a rare talent known on...
43.8K 1.3K 25
[y/n] [l/n], an 18 year old girl from America transfers to Hogwarts in her 6th year of her wizard schooling in an attempt to build a new life and fle...