•𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖉𝖚𝖘𝖙 • Jaime Lan...

By He11oHowareYou

"𝐢𝐟 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥" Daenerys was not the only girl bor... More

❂Introduction❂
❂characters❂
✹one✹
✹two✹
✹three✹
✹four✹
✹five✹
✹six✹
✹seven✹
✹nine✹
✹ten✹
❂New Casting❂
✹eleven✹
✹twelve✹
✹thirteen✹
✹fourteen✹
✹fifteen✹
✹sixteen✹
✹seventeen✹
✹eighteen✹
✹nineteen✹
✹twenty✹
✹twenty one✹
✹twenty two✹
✹twenty three✹
✹twenty four✹
❂characters part two❂
✹twenty five✹
✹twenty six✹
✹twenty seven✹
✹twenty seven✹
✹twenty eight✹
✹twenty nine✹
✹ thirty ✹
✹thirty one✹
✹thirty two✹
✹thirty three ✹
✹thirty four✹
✹thirty five✹
✹thirty six✹
✹thirty seven✹
✹thirty eight✹
✹thirty nine✹
✹forty✹
✹forty one✹
✹forty two✹
✹forty three✹
✹forty four✹
✹forty five✹
✹forty six✹
✹forty seven✹
✹forty eight✹
✹forty nine✹

✹eight✹

4.5K 140 7
By He11oHowareYou

When Tyla woke her the next morning, the sky was still dark and her mind held the images from a slumber filled with soft green eyes, and golden hair. The handmaiden found her princess with a smile on her lips and a bright look in her eyes which stayed constant through their wedding preparations.

Lord Tywin had sent a dress up for her, one of Joanna's. It was a deep red with thin gold plates along her rib cage, engraved with twisted vines and roses. The colors were appropriate, since most everyone knew of her engagement to Jaime, Tyla had informed her after unwrapping the beautiful dress, seeming to know why the lord had sent up such a gift.

It was truly a work of art. The red fabric trailed down from her shoulders and clung to her arms tightly until the elbow, where it fanned out and hid her hand's from view. The neckline plunged down to her waistline in a slim v shape, though most of the exposed skin was hidden by the golden corset shaped metal. The gold wrapped around her body with clasps and hinges that allowed movement and comfort. A chain of golden lions trailed down her middle from the waist and barely scraped the ground, giving the plain red fabric a look of elegance and richness.

Though the metal weighed her down, and Rhena was sure her back would ache something terrible by the end of the feast, she held herself proudly and sat straight while Tyla braided her hair and they conversed softly. Her hair was done up in two simple tails that were twisted inside themselves. It gave a simple but elegant look and the rest of her hair spilled down her back in soft waves. As a finishing touch, on her head sat a golden tiara of a dragon, it's wings wrapping around her head making up the crown and it's head at the crest, mouth open and snarling with red ruby eyes.

Rhena was to travel with Elia and their ladies together down to the Sep of Baylor where Rhaegar and his wedding party was waiting. As was customary, the sibling of the betrothed was designated as the other's lord or lady. As such tradition went, Oberyn would be with Rhaegar while Rhena was assigned to Elia to help the bride or groom with any preparations. Because of this, Rhena had risen early to get ready before Elia had any time to wake.

Lyanna met Rhena outside her room, standing with the rest of her ladies, all dressed in court finery and jeweled to the bone, well all except Lyanna who wore a light pink dress which was gifted to her by the princess herself. Her dark hair was tied up in loose braids that fell over her shoulders and down to her waist. Though she wore no jewelry save a wolf necklace around her neck, she still managed to be the most beautiful of her ladies, who all seemed too fake with their pounds of powder and cream from across the narrow sea.

The six noble women and the princess walked quickly to Princess Elia's bedchamber. They had less than three hours to have the princess bathed and dressed and the time was growing shorter. Rhena's father had wanted the wedding to take place at sunrise, to signify the rising of a new era, and to give homage to Elia's soon-to-be former house sigil. He was a man of violence, but he knew how to appease noblemen.

The giggling gaggle of girls made their way through the vast rooms of the Martell suite, searching for the bedchamber of their future queen. Elia was found tucked in thin blankets that protected her from the slight chill of night, but did not let the head get trapped. Her dark hair was tied in a loose braid that rested over her shoulder and Rhena thought her to be so peaceful and beautiful in sleep, she almost didn't want to wake her. Almost.

As was tradition, the ladies stood aside and let Rhena through to wake the slumbering princess. She knelt down next to the large bed and placed a cool hand on the woman's sun kissed cheek, gently stroking her hair and skin. "Time to wake." Elia stirred and opened her eyes slowly, finding Rhena's purple gaze watching her. She had been made aware of the strange tradition the day before by the Queen and had made sure to place her knife on her bedside table, opposed to under her pillow where it usually remained.

"When your father mentioned a morning wedding, I didn't think I would actually have to wake up." Elia said, a large yawn coming after the statement.

"I know the feeling." Rhena answered. "Now common. It's time to get you ready." The ladies and princesses conversed easily through the morning, taking turns with helping, though Rhena was one who never left Elia's side. She did her hair and helped lace her dress, all the things that a mother should do on a daughter's wedding day. Rhena supposed that she would have to do. The princess found that the metal was not at all uncomfortable and that she was still able to move around with great ease and grace. The ladies marveled at the design but all were put to silence when Elia's was pulled out of it's casings. The fabric was soft and fell down the princess in waves of red and black and gold. The sleeves hung from her shoulders and fell down her arms in waves, all in different colors. Flecks of gold were sewn onto the skirt and she looked like a glittering gem.

Rhena looked outside where the sky was beginning to become a deep purple instead of black, and clapped her hands. "Come ladies." She announced. "To the Sept." the group of ladies cheered as Rhena fastened the Martell cloak on Elia's shoulders and smoothed down any wrinkles. When they walked out of the room, two of the King's Guard waited to escort the two princesses to the Sept. The ladies of court were able to help prep the woman for marriage, but only the two soon to be siblings were able to ride in the carriage together.

Rhena and Elia bid farewell to their ladies and they went their separate ways, the two of them down to the front doors, and the others down to the stables where the wedding parade was to start from. The two princesses hooked arms and were flanked by the two white cloaks, two ghosts which shadowed their footsteps.

"I'm sure you are already aware of Lady Cersei." Elia voiced. The comment startled Rhena, she always was weary around the other Lannister twin, but what was Elia talking about?

"I have always been aware of her, what is this that you speak of?" Rhena asked, pure curiosity lacing her voice. Elia seemed to think over her words, not wanting to offend the princess of the realm, but also wanted to speak of her future sister by marriage.

Finally deciding to speak her mind, Elia sighed and looked behind her to the guards, making sure that they were far enough away for them not to be heard. "I've heard from my ladies that she hits her maids when they do not accomplish their tasks." Rhena gasped. She had known Cersei to be cruel and distant, but she had never imagined that anyone would hit a maid. They were all so kind and tended to any wish that any of them asked of them.

"What tasks are you talking about?" Rhena asked, catching the double meaning. "Surely nothing too terrible?" Though Cersei was never one of the kindest people, she was smart, but Rhena wanted to think the best of her, no matter what anyone said, they were to be family soon after all.

Once again, Elia stopped, the gears in her mind clearly turning to think of a response. "You heard of the Lord Castery's death?" Rhena nodded. The Casterys were a branch of the ancient house Lannister, the first being an ancestor of Lord Casterly who had built his keep on Casterly Rock. When the lord's daughter married Lann the Clever, he turned his castle over to the Lannisters, and the rest was history. It was said that Castery was a brother relationship to the Casterly family, a family that was all but extinct. The lord was a close friend of the Baratheon line and at the young age of twenty and five, he died suddenly in his sleep. The maester assured everyone that it was natural causes, perhaps caused by all the inbreeds in his family, who desperately tried to keep their house alive in past generations. Rhena came from the same, and yet she was healthy, as was Rhaegar and Viserys, so what did Cersei have to do with the young lord's death.

"Yes, terrible event his funeral was." She said, remembering the chaos of King's Landing and what Jaime had written her, Lannisport. The young man had been friends with many, including the Lannisters; blood was blood. Almost right after, the festering in Storm's End grew bigger. "So much sadness and loss."

Elia nodded in agreement. They had now reached the main doors, where they could hear the cheering of the people, waiting to see their future and current princesses. "Wait until the carriage." Elia said, plastering a smile onto her lips and watching the huge double doors open. They still stood arm in arm, a sign of unity, Rhena supposed. She herself placed a smile on and the roar of the people grew louder, shaking the chandelier above her, and a wave of air nearly knocked her to her feet.

The people hated the king and despised his nobles, but they loved his daughter. The daughter who walked the streets and fed the poor, who sang with her brother in Flea Bottom and who visited the children of the orphanages. She knew nothing of the game of thrones, but she did know kindness, which could gain her more support than her father ten times over.

The cobblestone streets were filled with cheering crowds, all dressed in their best to see the two princesses off to the Sept. Those who had not been awake before certainly were now with the noise everyone was making. Those who were not out on the streets were hanging out of their windows and waving, shouting and throwing rose petals down onto those below.

Rhena's forced smile became genuine and she lifted her hand to her people. If it was possible, the sound grew from a steady cheer to a loud roar as the people gathered around their princess, waiting for her, cheering for her. Elia watched in amazement as Rhena gathered such happiness and support from the people of King's Landing by a simple wave of a hand. The young Martell was correct in her thinking that having Rhena as an ally would be serviceable, she had the people behind her, something priceless in a ruler's eyes.

The two continued to the carriage which was hung with gold and silver, overlapping the dark wood of the interior. Jaime's squire had been assigned to Rhena, perhaps a way to keep his eye on her, and to keep her safe. The boy's name was Darro, he was a small thing with black hair and dark brown eyes, he had a kind heart and was always striving to be good. Rhena believed that he would make a great knight one day. Darro stood next to the carriage and opened the door for the both of them, a way to shelter them from the ear splitting cheers.

"This way, Your Highness's!" He called out over the crowd as they climbed into the ornate wedding carriage. Darro offered his hand to the two women and they both clamored gracefully into the cushioned carriage. The roof was closed and the doors blocked out most of the sound, creating a muffled sound that filled their ears.

Even so, Elia waited until the carriage had started moving before continuing her thoughts. "Some of us from Dorn believe that she is behind the death of Lord Castery." Rhena's eyes widened and her jaw dropped. Such bold accusations were being made about a woman who was soon to be her good sister, and she was not about to let them slide.

"Lady Elia, I do wish to continue this conversation, but the attack against one who I will share a house with is simply unacceptable. I will need proof if ever I am to believe the allegations against Cersei." Elia hummed, quite impressed by the young princess. She was loyal to a fault, even to one as cruel as the Lannister girl.

"I see." Elia said with a faint smile. "Don't worry too much over it, the proof will come soon enough, and her treachery will become known." Rhena raised an eyebrow at the older woman's sure tone and scoffed, slowly becoming curious and losing respect for the Princess of Dorn.

"Careful." Rhena warned. "You aren't queen of the realm yet." Elia smirked and grabbed the girls hand.

"I never wanted to be." The conversation ended there and Elia rolled the window down to wave and smile at the people passing by. Rhena furrowed her brows and leaned back into her seat, thinking over the past few minutes in her head. Why would Cersei poison Lord Castery? Did he know something? Did he do something? Would his death lead to someone else gaining power, someone in her ranks?

Rhena stopped her thought train there, she should not and could not be thinking ill of her soon to be kin, it would surely not bode well for her or Cersei in the future. House Lannister was always prided by their fierce protection of their family name, no matter what houses the wives came from or what sons they bore. The only exception of that would have been Tywin's father who had brought such shame upon the Lannister name that Tywin himself had spent most of his life cleaning it up with the help of his sister and brother. House Lannister would endure but only if they stayed true to their own, if they protected their own.

The young princess was startled out of her thoughts. She was already thinking herself to be a lion, one who protected and was feared by the sheep. No she would be a dragon in the field, hunting the sheep along the lion's. Rhena was still a Targaryen, and she wouldn't forget it. No matter what Jaime would give to her, she knew she could never leave her old life behind her.

The carriage pulled to a stop at what Rhena hoped was the Sept. Elia had grown silent after Rhena defended Cersei and the room on wheels had become quite tense over their journey. All Rhena wanted was for the wedding to go by fast so that she could stuff her face and talk to Tyrion and dance with Jaime for the rest of the night. She wanted instead for it to be her who was walking into the Sept of Baelor with one name and out with another. Rhena took a deep breath to calm herself. One more week.

The crowd was packed on the steps of the Sept and pieces of yellow and red and blue papers floated down, tangling themselves into the princesses hair. Rhena found in her the strength to smile brightly as Oberyn helped her and Elia down out of the carriage. Once they were both out and onto the cobblestone street, he offered an arm to each girl, Elia taking the one which she would be using to walk in and Rhena taking the other. Three of two houses, standing united against the oncoming storm.

Elia and Oberyn could have been twins. Their smiles and faces were the exact replica of the other's, both with golden brown eyes, skin, and dark umber hair. They were beautiful, not in the soft silver way of the Targaryens, but in the warm feeling of summer and the honey gold of a sunset. Rhena was a stark comparison with her bright violet eyes and shining silver hair, it was almost comical.

They stopped at the doors of the Sept while waiting for the rest of the wedding party to catch up. Elia looked straight forward and Oberyn was sending concerned glances her way. Rhena paid no mind to the two Martells next to her and instead studied the ornate double doors of the Septon. Though the accusations against Cersei were harsh and unexpected, Rhena still desired a friendship with her future good sister. They would be spending much time together in the days to come and it would be rough if they didn't get along. Not to mention, it would make the transition from Dorn and family to King's Landing and a husband that she had met not even a week before.

The shuffle of skirts and the girlish giggles behind them alerted the three that the rest of the wedding party had arrived. Rhena glanced back and met the eyes of Lyanna who was laughing along joyfully with her newfound friends who she would be spending some time with for the next week at least.

"Are you ready?" Oberyn asked Elia softly. Rhena didn't mean to eavesdrop, but she was so close that she couldn't help it. The Dornish princess didn't answer for a few seconds and Rhena wasn't sure if she was ever going to answer. Elia shook her head, so slowly that Rhena could barely see it out of the corner of her eye.

"I must accept that I am now something untouchable." Rhena frowned. This was the way of royalty; they were seen by the public, they were heard by the public. Though they were never something the public could have. Shouldn't that be something that Elia was used to now, or was Dorn different? Almost as an afterthought, barely heard over the heavy groan of the stone doors opening, "something unloved." Rhena clenched her jaw and swallowed hard.

This is partially why she was so eager to marry Jaime. She loved him truly, but what was to happen when her father's good will was spent, and the anger of the people forced him to marry her off to some lord in the north or south, some lord who she did not know. Better for her and Jaime to be married within the week and not the month. She could only pray that Rhaegar's marriage would keep the King appeased for the week. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

376K 7.5K 37
"I am Scarlett of the House Baratheon and I swear it to the old Gods and the new, I will lay my fury upon you.." Scarlett Baratheon is the only actua...
94.9K 3.2K 62
Trueborn son of Robert Baratheon and Cersei Lannister Sold to slavery Forced to become a warrior Willing to help Daenerys Targaryen claim her birthr...
209K 8.1K 190
Aelinor Baratheon stands out in her family. She doesn't have the golden hair and green eyes of her mother and younger siblings. Nor does she have bla...
91.9K 2.7K 64
Lya Baratheon is the oldest and only biological child of Cersei Lannister and Robert Baratheon, but unlike her younger brother she is kind and gentle...