Love and Potions - Severus Sn...

By Castiels_Trenchcoat6

Rowan Knight fell in love with Hogwarts when she was forced to transfer in her sixth year. She quickly develo... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Assistant Professor
Chapter 2 - Moving In
Chapter 3 - Hello, Severus
Chapter 4 - Legilimency
Chapter 5 - Late Nights
Chapter 6 - Amortentia
Chapter 7 - Fireworks
Chapter 8 - Home
Chapter 9 - Hogsmeade
Chapter 10 - Bold Words
Chapter 11 - Secrets Unveiled
Chapter 12 - Packing
Chapter 13 - Labelling
Chapter 14 - Hogwarts Express
Chapter 15 - Zabini Manor
Chapter 16 - Interruptions
Chapter 17 - Confrontation
Chapter 18 - Shopping
Chapter 19 - Christmas Eve
Chapter 20 - Merry Christmas
Chapter 21 - Malfoy Manor
Chapter 22 - Imperio
Chapter 23 - Diagon Alley
Chapter 24 - Returning Home
Chapter 26 - Ilvermorny
Chapter 27 - Trouble
Chapter 28 - Staff Meeting
Chapter 29 - True Fear
Chapter 30 - Chaos
Chapter 31 - In A Different Life
Chapter 32 - Birthday Surprise
Chapter 33 - Birthday Party
Chapter 34 - Preparations
Chapter 35 - Yule Ball
Chapter 36 - Grief
Chapter 37 - Mother Dearest
Chapter 38 - Belief
Chapter 39 - Queen's Dinner
Chapter 40 - Powerful Friendship
Chapter 41 - The Real Truth
Chapter 42 - Family is chosen
Chapter 43 - A Mother's Love
Chapter 44 - Building Trust
Chapter 45 - Date Night
Chapter 46 - Separate Paths
Chapter 47 - Loving You
Chapter 48 - Emerald Trio
Chapter 49 - The Malfoys' Ball
Chapter 50 - A New Ending
Chapter 51 - Quidditch and Suspicions
Chapter 52 - A New Title
Chapter 53 - Sly Fox
Chapter 54 - Loyalty and Love
Chapter 55 - Pity Party

Chapter 25 - Clean Break

1.5K 77 39
By Castiels_Trenchcoat6

The welcoming back feast went about as horribly as Rowan could have ever imagined. It all started when they first arrived. 

Severus took his seat upon the staff table, and when Rowan went to sit beside him she was pushed from her seat. Much to both of their surprise, Gilderoy Lockhart sat in between them. "Hello, Miss Knight," He said cockily smiling at her. Rowan quickly turned to the headmaster, who smiled apologetically. "He has special permission to be here given to him by the ministry," Dumbledore explained grimly. Dumbledore was a man that could create wonders, but the control the ministry had over him was immense. 

"I talked to your mother and she thinks that I would be a great marriage candidate for you," Lockhart said, causing Severus to choke on his cauldron cake. "My mother? She would never speak to you," Rowan seethed, not really wanting to speak about her family. If there was one thing she knew about her mother, it's that the only man she ever tolerated was Rowan's father.

"Evanora Knight; that's your mother right?" Lockhart asked. Hearing her mother's first name made her heart drop to the bottom of her stomach. Rowan wanted to be done with her mother, and yet somehow, they always crossed paths. "How unfortunate you had to meet her, Gilderoy. However, I am a grown woman and I don't need her input," Rowan snapped, only causing Lockhart to smile more. 

"You'll say yes when you see what I have an engagement gift," Lockhart said, pulling a piece of paper out of his long coat. Before Rowan could get it, Severus snatched it out of his hands. His eyes went wide as he locked eyes with Lockhart. "She'll never accept it," Severus sneered, handing the paper to Rowan. 

When she opened the paper, she found a job application inside. Written on the bottom in her mother's handwriting, it read, I can get you this job if you so choose to take it. The more she read, the more anger boiled within her. "A potions teacher at Ilvermorny? Are you daft, Gilderoy?" Rowan exclaimed, shoving the application into her own robe pocket. "You have to go back anyway. Might as well take it and stay there with me," He said with a hopeful smile. 

"I have to what? What is this man talking about?" Rowan exclaimed, staring directly at Dumbeldore. When he didn't respond, Rowan only got angrier. "Someone better tell me before I hex this man," Rowan said as she pulled out her wand and jabbing Lockhart in the side with it. 

"Okay, okay! No need for excessive force," Dumbeldore said slowly, placing down a tea he had been drinking on the table. "I need you and Severus to retrieve a package from Ilvermorny from me, and they may have mentioned that they wanted to offer you a job. Though, there is another person that is up for the position," 

"Then tell them to take it! Who is it, anyway?" Rowan asked as she put down her food and slide her plate away. She had lost just about all of her appetite. "That is the problem, Miss Knight. He won't take the opportunity unless he meets with you first," Dumbledore spoke softly, trying to calm Rowan down. "Who?" Rowan replied simply, having a feeling she already knew. 

"Theodore Edwards. You leave first thing tomorrow and Professor Lockhart will take your class over until you are back," Dumbledore said smoothly and Rowan's heart sank. She slammed her hands down on the table and quickly sped off down the great hall. On her way to the exit, she slammed right into an unsuspecting Gryffindor. Rowan, in a blind rage, yelled, "Five points from Gryffindor!" When she saw the young Gryffindor's face fall in sadness, she quickly whipped around. "Fine, that was mean. Ten points to Gryffindor," She said quickly, rushing out of the great hall, Severus not far behind her.

They ran out to the courtyard together, where Rowan felt her anger boil up as she slammed her first against the concrete walls. "Fuck!" She exclaimed, falling to the ground as she cradled her wrist. "Rowan! What is the matter?" Severus said, falling to his knees and taking the now crying Rowan into his arms. 

"Theo! He's my ex and-" Rowan yelped out in pain as she went to move her wrist. "My dear, it is probably broken. We will go to Madam Pomfrey but you need to tell me what is going on," Severus whispered. Rowan took in a shaky breath and nodded, standing up with the help of Severus. 

"Theo was...  not the nicest. I spent five years at Ilvermorny apologizing for the things he did, took many of his punches. Now, he's uprooting my life. I bet you this is exactly what he wanted," Rowan seethed as they made their way to the hospital wing. Severus nodded and made sure she was done talking before he responded. 

"I will be there with you, no matter what. You aren't thinking of actually taking the job offer, are you?" Severus asked nervously as they entered the hospital wing. "No, not in a million years; I hate Ilvermorny. I'm just a little scared that-"

"Rowan! What the hell happened to you?" Juniper exclaimed as she, followed by Millicent and Blaise entered the hospital wing. "I hit a wall," Rowan said, turning away from them and flagging down Madam Pomfrey, who rushed over to her. After a quick check of her arm, she glanced over to an empty bed. "You have a clean break, dear. You'll need to stay here overnight so I can assure you that you can make your trip tomorrow," Madam Pomfrey said as she eyed the students and Severus that were surrounding Rowan. 

"Students, may I ask that you report to your dorms? Visiting hours are way past over," She said sharply, before turning to Severus. "You may stay," She finished, leaving to go and find a few healing potions. With a few quick goodbyes and painful hugs, Severus and Rowan were once again left alone. 

"I can't believe you didn't ask to stay here. With Lockhart as your fill in, I mean," Rowan mumbled as she laid down on the bed that Madam Pomfrey had glanced at. "I can't believe that you'd think I would let you go alone," Severus replied as he took a seat in the chair next to her bed.

"Here we are, take these," Madam Pomfrey said as she emerged from a back room and handed Rowan two potions. Begrudgingly, Rowan took both of them. Though they both tasted awful, she immediately felt better after taking them. "One for pain, one for bone repair. Just send Severus if you need me, dear. Goodnight," Madam Pomfrey said and Rowan thanked her quickly before Madam Pomfrey had left the hospital wing. 

"You aren't staying here all night, Severus," Rowan said sternly, watching as Severus tried to lean back against the chair. "I happen to find this chair comfortable, my love," Severus chuckled. Rowan only shook her head, finding no comic relief in his words. "I mean it. You need to sleep in a bed," Rowan reiterated, frowning a little as she knew she would be alone tonight. 

Severus stood up and Rowan sighed in disappointment. That was until he spoke. "Scoot over," he commanded and before Rowan could protest, he had gently moved her over so that he, too, could fit on the bed. 

"You're stubborn," Rowan said, although she happily leaned her head down on his chest. "And you need to tell me what you were scared about? If you aren't taking the job, we will only be there for a package," Severus said as he shifted to pull up the blanket over the both of them. 

"Can we do this later?" Rowan asked, not wanting to ruin the moment. "Like when we have to get up and leave again? I think we need to discuss this," He said and Rowan sighed loudly. "I was a different person at Ilvermorny. I'm afraid you'll see a different side of me and leave," She admitted, pulling away so that they could be face to face.

Severus kissed Rowan roughly, grabbing the back of her neck so that he could be closer to her. Surprised, Rowan kissed him back. The passion between the two of them was immense, but Rowan wasn't going to complain. Severus pulled back and looked into her eyes deeply. 

"I will never leave you, Rowan. If you're so afraid, why don't you show me so there will be no surprises?" Severus offered, knowing his gift of Legillimency could come in handy these days. "Fine, but only what I show you. There are some parts I would rather not be reminded of, and I'm sure they won't happen since I'm not a student anymore,"

Severus nodded and they both slowly closed their eyes. Rowan held back what she didn't want to be seen and allowed Severus to delve into her mind. For those resisting Legilimency, it would be painful. However, to those unsuspecting or willing, it didn't seem like much of anything at all. 

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

Severus found himself standing in a wide and luxurious corridor. He looked around and found a much younger Rowan, she was maybe around thirteen. 

"Look everyone, Knight thinks she's beautiful!" A young boy yelled, causing the whole corridor to burst out in laughter. When Severus looked closer at Rowan, she wore no makeup which was unusual because Rowan always wore at least some makeup on her face. Something at Severus had never commented on because Rowan had never brought it up, even when they would first wake up in the morning.

"C'mon, Theo. Leave me alone," Rowan pleaded as she clung to her books tighter. The boy only laughed louder and turned around to address the students in the hallway. "I dunno, guys. Should I leave her alone or should she get the-"

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

"That's enough! No further!" Rowan said as she pushed Severus from her mind abruptly. Severus' eyes widened in response; Rowan had never pushed him from her mind before. "What were they talking about, Rowan?" Severus asked sternly, concern rising in his chest. 

"Nothing, just some stupid prank they played on me. It won't happen tomorrow, I don't think. I am not a student and neither is Theo. Unless one of the younger years recognize me before we can get the package and leave, it doesn't matter," Rowan said with a huff. Severus thought it best not to push it. 

"Can we just go to bed?" Rowan asked, hiding her face is Severus' chest. Severus kissed the top of her head as he ran his fingers through her hair. "Of course, darling. Goodnight," He said softly, worry raging in his mind. "Goodnight, Sev... I think I love you," Rowan chuckled at her words. She found just saying 'I love you' to be a little cliche, and it had become their thing. 

"I know I love you, my dear," Severus said quietly as he pulled Rowan closer gently. Together, they allowed sleep to consume them. 

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

"No!" Severus screamed aloud, causing Rowan to shoot up. She looked down to find Severus covered in sweat as his brow furrowed. "Leave me alone!" He screamed again, causing Rowan to shake him lightly with her unharmed hand. "Sev! Severus!" Rowan whispered as she placed a hand on his cheek. Slowly, Severus' eyes fluttered open as he gasped for air. "Woah, hey! I'm here, you're okay," Rowan whispered and she watched as Severus relaxed, running his fingers through his hair. 

"Were you having a nightmare?" Rowan asked as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes. Severus nodded, seeming to be surprised himself. "I haven't had one... ever since you started... to sleep beside me," Severus said between pants as he tried his best to calm his breaths. "What was it about?" Rowan asked, kissing Severus on the cheek. 

"My father," Severus said simply as he took a deep breath. "Your father? Do you want to talk about it anymore?" Rowan asked, taking his hand into her unharmed one. Severus shrugged, pulling Rowan back down to his side. "He gave me all of the scars you see, apart from the one on my arm," Severus said with a cynical chuckle. 

"Sev, what can I do?" Rowan said as she pulled herself closer to him. Severus' mind was still spinning, and he knew that he wouldn't be able to sleep anytime soon. He was just grateful it was still dark outside so that he might manage a few hours of sleep. Deciding to swallow his pride, he spoke again. 

"Hold me... please," He whispered, a single tear falling down his cheek. Rowan only nodded and placed her arm around his torso, holding him tightly. "Try and rest, Rowan. Just don't let me go," He whispered as he closed his eyes. Rowan nodded and Severus could feel when her breath evened out and she fell back asleep. 

Severus clung onto Rowan's arm like it was his only lifeline. As he looked down at the woman who he loved deeply, he had only one thought on his mind.  'I would be completely and utterly lost without you, Rowan Knight,'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.3K 2.2K 32
Emma Moore, professor in Healing at Hogwarts, has to suppress her feelings for her old best friend and now colleague Severus Snape, who she hasn't se...
45.5K 1.4K 28
Love is difficult to explain as one likes to say. But (Y/n)(L/n) falling for her professor, Severus Snape? That was hard to believe. The girl always...
171K 4.6K 53
In this POV story, you're a 19 year-old college student at Hogwarts University and Snape is your professor. (It's just Hogwarts with mature students...
43.4K 1.3K 25
[y/n] [l/n], an 18 year old girl from America transfers to Hogwarts in her 6th year of her wizard schooling in an attempt to build a new life and fle...