Arogen

By narrowpath

Saron is an orphan with no knowledge of who she is or where she comes from. She's adopted into a family that... More

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chaper XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Other novels

Chapter XXXIII

309 45 4
By narrowpath

Her eyes softened and a tear slid down her cheek as she watched me. I reached out, wiping away her tear as I pulled her in. She hugged me tightly before I let go. I quickly grabbed some clothes and necessities, shoving it in a pack before heading out, Star on my tail. She walked me to the door, hugging me one last time before I walked out.

I pulled out my phone, starting to type to Zion before I decided against it. I darted to the office, turning the handle to find it locked. I pulled a pin out of my hair, prepared to pick it when I noticed that there was no opening to pick. I closed my eyes, wrapping my hand around the knob when I started to feel it. This wasn't any ordinary lock. It was secured with magic. I wrapped my arms tightly around the knob focusing my magic into it. This went on for a few minutes until I felt the knob break off, into my hand overwhelmed by the force of the magic.

I walked into the dark room, gliding both of my hands along the wall trying to find where we had entered to find my Father. I walked for close to half an hour, unable to find the section of the wall the Headmaster had touched to find my father. I kicked the wall in annoyance, unaware of my strength causing a hole right through it. Gasping, I tapped into my angel powers and focused on bringing the wall back together. Within seconds, it was repaired.

I pulled out my phone to check the time. It was close to 11 PM at this point. I looked around in the darkness, for anything that would help me find the doorway. I spotted a plant a couple feet away, perched on a shelf that was against the wall. I walked over quickly, gently sliding my finger under one of it's leaves feeling a jolt as the plant and I became one. I closed my eyes, clearing my mind as I focused. I searched for the door, remembering it just as it was. I remembered the way it had lit up from the wall, revealing a doorway. Slowly I began to hear whispering. It was faint, but once I had heard it I focused my hearing as I began to walk towards it. I walked, turning wherever the whisper got the loudest until I came face to face to a wall near the end of the hallway. I reached out my hand to touch it and it lit up. I immediately reached out, opening the door, and rushing in.

There he was. Just as I had left him. His head was tilted back, fast asleep. Guilt rushed throughout my body at the sight of him, chained and bound. He seemed so harmless, lying there peacefully snoring. I stepped forward, quietly stepping over the circle, careful not to break it. I swept his hair away from his face tenderly as I looked at him. His eyes flew open as he started struggling against the chains, lunging at me with his body. I yelped, jumping back outside of the circle as he glared at me madly, fighting against the chains that kept him down.

"I thought I told you. Your father is gone."

"Edward is stronger than you think," I muttered through clenched teeth.

"Then why don't you come over and save him?" he tempted me, his eyes gleaming at the opportunity of escaping.

I lunged forward, stopping myself just before I broke the boundary that was holding him. I clenched my fists to control myself from attacking. I had to keep calm and not give him the reaction he was expecting. I gazed into his eyes looking for a sliver of emotion. Anything that told me there was hope that Edward was still in there fighting. I shivered at the cold, emptiness of his gaze. I shut my eyes, shaking away my anguish as I focused on placing myself in his mind. I searched for a door, an opening, anything. I must have been looking for awhile because he said, "You're not getting in."

My lips curled up into a snarl at his words. Why couldn't I get into his head? I did it so easily with Zion. My eyes wandered to the circle. That must be it. There was no way I could enter his head with the boundary confining him. I shuddered at the thought of the havoc he would bring onto the Academy if I was to release him. I had to find another way to reach him.

Deciding not to risk breaking the circle, I released my wings, floating up into the air above him. He glared up at me, furious that he was unable to attack. He struggled but to no avail as the chains held him tightly. There was no way I'd reach him unless I went inside his head to get him out. I descended down, hands outstretched ready to make contact. When I was arm's length to him, I stretched out my hand, placing it onto his head. Immediately, I felt myself being pulled into his head.

I landed shakily on top of a cage with a clang. The growls coming from beneath me shook the cage as I looked down to see 3 canines roughly the size of my own wolf baring their teeth as they growled at me. I immediately jumped off the cage onto the dirt beneath me. I looked around and found nothing around me besides the howling dogs. I spotted a forest off in the distance a couple miles away and decided to make my way towards it. 

I walked for what seemed like hours but seemed to be making no progress. Starting to feel weary, I heard a roar from deep within me. I stopped, listening harder before I realized it was my wolf, calling out to me. Mentally scolding myself for not realizing earlier, I reached out to her within my mind until I came across the room in which I had found her when I first changed. There she was, waiting for me trotting towards me as I reached out to touch her. The instant my hands touched her fur, I felt it begin. 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH," I screamed, collapsing as I felt my shoulder being pulled out of it's socket. The pain was excruciating but had lessened since the first time. I laid there yelling as I felt all my bones snap, replaced with my wolf parts. After awhile, I was fully in my wolf form. I shook myself  off of the dirt that had gotten stuck in my fur from where I was laid on the ground.  I took off running, as fast as I could towards the forest, racing through the forest quickly. I tapped into my vampiric vision to watch for any signs of live. Before long, I reached the beginning of the forest. I began to hear whispers and the air became thick with uncertainty. I slowed down, stepping into the forest cautiously. 

I walked through the forest, eyes searching my surroundings as the whispers got louder. Sensing someone approaching from behind, I spun baring my teeth as a warning. 

"You shouldn't have come," rang out a voice from behind me.

"Father!" I growled, forgetting I was in my wolf form. I  pictured myself in my human form and quickly reverted to that form. I neared him to embrace him but he grabbed my arm, leading me deeper into the forest before I could. 

"Take us to that cave," he said weakly as he pointed to a cave a few meters away hidden underneath a canopy.

Nodding, I immediately grabbed his arm, flitting us there. We ducked inside and walked into the little space there was before Edward collapsed on the ground, back against the stone wall. I crouched near him, reaching out to grab his hand. He looked horrible. There were deep, dark rings around his eyes and his skin was drained of it's color. He was more of a walking corpse than a powerful hybrid. His skin also was wrinkled, unlike it was when I last saw him. He was dying, I could feel it.

"I'm going to save you," I said, confidently. 

"It's too late Saron."

"No it's not! You're here. You're still alive. I can- I can just do the same spell I did before and take the dark magic out of you."

Shaking his head, he pulled me into him, embracing me in a way that seemed like it would be out last. 

"That spell only works when there is a bond created from dark magic. The dark magic is draining me. I don't have much time. Even if you could save me, it'd kill you. You have to kill me."

"No! No! I won't. I'll never!" I said frantically, pushing away from him as tears started to fill my eyes. I had just gotten him back. I was not going to lose him, not without a fight. There had to be a way.

"Saron, listen to me. If you don't kill me, everyone is in danger. People will die. I'm just one person. Don't risk your life for me. You have to kill me."

"NO, I won't let that happen!"

"Saron, even as powerful as you are, you're no match for dark magic. You'll die fighting it and without you, the world is doomed."

I stood up, pacing around the confined space, thinking. He was right. It almost killed me taking it out the first time. But, I had just gotten Edward back. There had to be a loophole.

I opened my mouth to ask Edward when I felt the ground shake beneath us, causing me to fall to the ground. A few pieces of stone started falling from above us. Every bone in my body was urging me to leave as I felt the danger in the air. 

"They found us. You have to leave. They know you're here."

"No, I can't leave you alo-"

"Saron, you have to go. If they find you, it's all over."

"What about you?" I asked, brows furrowing in worry.

"I'll try to hang on as long as I can. GO!"

A tear escaped my eye as I turned around, flitting out of the cave. I went as fast as I could, channeling all the energy within me to put as much distance between me and Edward. Once I no longer felt the threat of danger approaching, I stopped to catch my breath. I leaned against a nearby tree as I gasped, trying to catch my breath. I looked around to find a nearby pond a few feet away. I could see moss floating in the water but I didn't care. I collapsed at the edge, throwing my face in the water lapping the water as fast as I could to regain my strength. Once I felt refreshed, I laid back on the ground to give my body a break as I let out a sigh I had been holding in ever since I entered Edward's mind. 

"Hello, Saron," bellowed a deep, cool voice from behind me. I quickly scrambled up to my feet, whirling around to see a black figure that must have been about 10 feet tall behind me. It had no face, just darkness inside of the hood. It was dressed in a long, black cape that covered the entirety of its figure. It towered over me as I looked up, trembling. 

"I was looking forward to killing you but the idea of trapping you here with your father who you are trying to save is much more enticing."

I released my wings, jumping up into the air to see him eye to eye as I spat, "You're the one who's going to die." I searched into my mind frantically for a way out, reaching out to my magic for help as I looked around me. I spread my arms out to the Earth and the grass slowly began to spread away, revealing a hole in the ground. 

I shifted myself, ready to dive into the hole when I felt myself go flying in the opposite direction. I was tumbling in the air, traveling so fast I couldn't steady myself. I felt myself crash into a nearby tree, hitting it so hard that it collapsed beside me. I touched my face to feel blood trickle down my temple. I winced as I moved my wing, realizing it was sprained.

I jumped to my feet, realizing I wouldn't be leaving without a fight. Before I could search my surroundings, I saw a flame of fire flying towards me, increasing in size as it neared me. I lifted up my hands to block my face, shooting fire out in my defense. My flames, however, were no match for the fire that was coming my way. I squatted on the ground, pushing the ground as I felt it's magic run through me. I felt myself quickly begin to sink into the ground as the Earth came to my aid to protect me from the attack.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.2K 4.3K 145
(1ST BOOK OF THE GODLY CHILD SERIES) A child grew up in relative peace surrounded by people like her... Or so she thought. She will learn she is far...
412 42 39
When Angelique Savant, a quiet, unassuming foster kid with a genius IQ is found not guilty of attempting to murder her best friend, she's committed t...
140 21 19
Man and Woman fall in love Man leaves Woman broken hearted. Woman desperately tries to get him back. Both go through stages, trials and agony. Pain...
155 0 25
Aria Halley, a 20 year-old college girl, has been dreaming of having wings her whole life. One day she starts to put aside all the stress and meditat...