EMBERS • HAECHAN (Not Finishe...

By Neo_Chieri

•"I know there is a compliment somewhere deep inside of you and I'll take it." •"You piece of shit." •"Ah, th... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Thank Youuu🙆‍♀️🙆‍♀️🙆‍♀️💚💚💚
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
To my precious readers♡
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116

Chapter 86

3.3K 197 104
By Neo_Chieri

"It all happened so fast", my classmate tore me back into reality, taking a deep breath in before continuing with his story.

"The car was wrecked, my brother unconcious and I was having a panic attack while Mark was trying to climb out of one of the windows."

I bit my lip listening to his words, somehow getting emotional as well.

"He was able to pull me out, but before he could help my brother SVT was already back .
In the meantime, the car was rapidly catching fire, just like the room of the school, and before I knew it Mark had pulled me to safety."

I heard a few muffled noises before something wet hit the side of my neck, immediately realizing that the brunette had started crying.
Before I knew, his body was already trembling like mine had done before, burrying his face even deeper into my neck while I couldn't help myself and pull on his clothes as well.

"Maybe I could have saved him," he croaked out loud before he couldn't hold back his sadness anymore and started sobbing into my shoulder.
"Maybe I could have saved Hyeonjun, but my panic attack was just too overwhemling for me to move a single muscle.
I was so weak back then, so scared and so... so pathetic.
The entire car blew up before I was even able to try and help him."

Finally letting it all out, several whimpers left his lips while he never let go of me for a single second.

"I still remember what he had said to me during the chase.
He told me he would leave NCT, that he wanted to start over and get the hell out of this place.
He told me that family came first and that he regretted letting me down all this time. But the thing is..." he sharpyly gasped for air , trying to stifle his bitter own sobs, while small hiccups exposed him.

"I was never disappointed of him.
I was terrified, afraid that instead of returning home with injuries, one day he wouldn't return home at all.
My worst fear came true and the only thing I had left was NCT."

I tensly swallowed despite the lump in my throat, after all this time understanding why he had joined the gang.
It wasn't for power and superiority reasons, as I had assumed all these years.

It was because he had been lonely and had no one else who understood him the way his members did, the same reason why I had joined DRGNS as well.

His trembling body had already been enough for me to go back into my emotional state, not caring about anything but him at the moment.

Both of us had been through a lot and the thought that I could've ended all this because of the feeling of resposibility towards DRNGS and my mother, made me regret my decisions even more.
Seeing him open up to me like that was the last bit of conviction I had wished for the entire time and even if others wouldn't approve, I was ready to trust Donghyuck with my entire heart.

I didn't notice the small smile that crept onto my face, a sudden feeling of relief and happiness rushing through my nerves.
I couldn't really destinguish the sensation lingering within me, but I had fought against Donghyuck and my own feelings for so long, that I couldn't keep myself from crying after all that preasure finally lifted off my soulders.

This time I wouldn't let myself be manipulated by the thoughts of others.

Although I thought that the older brunette was already finished with his story, his somehow kept talking, guiding the conversation into a different direction than I had expected.

"It wasn't easy for me to go back to the school where Hyeonjun had died.
I was afraid of the memories that were already following me all the time, which is why I relied a lot on the other Dreamies.
I honestly thought that I couldn't bear any of those feelings... until all of a sudden I met you."

My heart immediately skipped a beat as I recalled what he had just said.
I wanted to say something, but I couldn't open my mouth, in this very moment only able to embrace him even more and take in his pleasant scent.

"There you were", he chuckled lightly, the sound alone like heavenly music to my ears. "A girl who wasn't afraid of a notorious gang. Someone who had an insane temper, as well as a pride that was probably too big for her own good."

Listening to his words made me chuckle as well, knowing damn well that he was telling the truth.

"You reminded me a lot of my brother at that time and I felt like I needed to get to know you better.
With time passing, I slowly started to see the differences between the two of you and eventually... ."

The older student suddenly pulled out of the hug, his hands still lying on my hips as we finally looked into one anothers eyes.
I softly sniffled as I saw the glistening tears running down his face, slowly dripping off his cheeks while he looked at me lovingly.

Not a second later the corners of his mouth started moving upwards, causing my trembling lips to smile at him brightly as well.

"I like you, Min Sunghee", Donghyuck said that one sentence he had already told me many times before.
This time I was ready to accept it though, slightly chuckling as he brought his hand up to my face and started wiping away the tears.

"I will tell you that over and over again, until you are ready to say it back."

For a brief moment, I felt him touch the top of my head before I suddenly felt a brushing feeling followed by white strands falling behind my shoulders.
With the most honest smile I had ever seen on his face, he pulled my wig down, revealing the pitch-black hair underneath that was just waiting to come back.

He just looked down at me, mouth already open to say something else, when a sudden smirk appeared on his face, despite him being emotional just seconds ago.

"You're my little sunshine", he winked at me cheekily, ruining our sweet moment while making me roll my eyes without hesitation. I immediately smacked his arm, narrowing my eyes at his smug but teary expression.

"Don't say it like that you fucking idiot", I tried to be mad at him, failing miserably as I couldn't hide the smile on my lips, both of us still sniffling due to our crying session.

"Oh come one, I know you love me."

"Just shut the fuck up and hug me."

With anything else being said, I pulled him back into a hug, feeling him wrap his arms around me once more before he placed a soft kiss on the top of my head.

My fingers clawed desperate into his jacket, holding onto him for dear life, as if I was afraid he might disappear as soon as I let him go.
Never in my life would I have expect to cry in Donghyuck's arms, let alone having him cry in mine, and though the day was marked with gloom and sorrow, a new fire blazed in the warmth of our embrace.

With the last rays of the sun slowly leaving the both of us, we lingered in this moment together.

Maybe it was stupid to be with him, but I didn't blame him or NCT for the death of my mother anymore.
We had both lost someone significant in our lifes, and despite us being somewhat broken and hurt inside, we both might be able to heal together.
Two souls who were led to each other by fate.

I forgave Donghyuck and just as importantly, I forgave myself for loving him.

Ahhhh I dunno
I hope you liked it

I feel like it was so much monologue...

Anyways, thank you to whoever read this chapter 🙇🏽‍♀️ even though I don't update that regularly, so many of you stick around T_T💚💚💚

I'm really so grateful for everyone, especially now that this story is getting more attention these days

Have a great day everyone and for those who read it at night, sleep well🙆🏽‍♀️
Take care of yourself and stay safe😊💚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

260K 16.5K 33
[Instagram AU] Donghyuck can't hear anymore. He's deaf, but that doesn't stop him from liking the famous rapper, Mark Lee. You might be laughing. "He...
128K 4.5K 13
! Adult contents ! If your mind has already been corrupted and perverted, then you can read. Otherwise go read others stories, this shit isn't for yo...
78.9K 2.3K 51
secrets spread around like wild fire. who's the liar? na jaemin fanfiction mafia/gang au
795K 31.1K 55
{ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇᴅ} 'ɴᴄᴛ ᴍᴀꜰɪᴀ ꜱᴇʀɪᴇꜱ' ʙᴏᴏᴋ 1 • ᴍᴀꜰɪᴀ ᴀᴜ* ... "Hey, you! Come back here!" "What the fuck do you want!?" The said boy growled as he panted whi...