Scale - Tsukishima Kei

By NoMo17

Hi so this was supposed to be a really short story, like 10-15 chapters short, but I ended up elongating it... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chaper 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26- Bonus Chapter

Chapter 12

840 28 17
By NoMo17

"Shes not home."

"But I can see her."

"I said she's not home."

"She's literally standing right behind you."

My father looks behind him and I grin, waving at Tsukishima who's at our door.

"She's not here." My father denies again.

"Can you just give her this then?" Tsukishima sighs, extending a small basket. "Around this time last month she had her period. I thought that I would bring her some snacks, and a few other things."

"She's not here, so I have to refuse." My father says and I pout, tapping on his shoulder.

"Dad, let me have it. Please?" I whine and he frowns, looking at me.

"Oh look, it seems like Yuna-San has come home." Tsukishima's voice comes and I giggle.

"Tsukishibaba, you've come here every day for the past week. Go home. I don't want you to have any part of my daughters life. I'm serious on that." He takes the basket, pushing it into my arms. My eyes widen at that, and I stare at my father in shock.

The entire time Tsukishima has been coming, my father has been calm and polite with him. What's different today?

"And I really like your daughter, so I won't be giving up that easily. I'm serious on that as well." He says. "Oh, by the way Yuna, I have an important game tomorrow. It determines if we get to go to Nationals or not. I'd like if you could be there, I hope your father allows you to come watch. I'll text you the address and time." He turns around, and puts his headphones on.

"See you tomorrow." He walks off.

"What a stubborn little brat." My father mumbles, closing the door.

"Dad, can we please go to the game?" I clutch the basket to my chest, looking at him with hope in my eyes. "Please? I don't go anywhere, and you should come too. And mom! I'll sit between you guys and we can watch it together. I've never seen him play before- and you heard how important it is! Karasuno hasn't been to nationals in a while, or so I heard. Wouldn't it be cool to be part of that? They must be going against a strong team! Let's go watch. Please?" I ramble, my voice desperate as I beg my father.

He gives me a pointed look, but it soon melts when he meets my eyes.

"I'll...I'll think about it." He sighs and I grin, leaning up to kiss his cheek.

"Thanks dad! You're the best!" I squeal, running up to my room.

"I didn't even say yes yet..." He mumbles, watching me run off.

~

"According to this..." My father looks at my phone, "it's right here." He turns into a parking structure.

"Ooh! There's a lot of people." My mother says as we pull into a parking spot. "Sweetie, are you sure you'll be okay?" She asks as we get out the car.

"Mhm!" I nod my head furiously. "I took anti anxieties before we left."

My mother nods and we begin to walk into the big gym. We find seats at the very top of the bleachers so that nobody would be sitting behind us. I bite the insides of my cheeks as I look down at the two teams, warming up before the game starts.

Quickly, the seats fill up. There's not a single one that's not taken.

"Ooh, Tsukishima-Kun looks handsome in his uniform doesn't he?" My mother nudges me and winks.

"Don't encourage it!" My father speaks from the other side of me, making my mother and I laugh.

"Hunny, I think you encouraged it by allowing us to come watch him play." My mother teases, making my father cross his arms.

"We're not here to watch him. We're here to watch the entire team!" He huffs out and I smile.

Before coming, I was able to get my phone back for 10 minutes so I can do research on the other team. Shiratorizawa Academy. Apparently most of the people who play sports at that school go on to play professionally. They're the best of the best, and that Ushijima Wakatoshi guy is apparently the best player in all of Miyagi, and in the top 3 of the country.

Reading about all that, I started to think that there's no way Karasuno can do well against them. Not at all. But I realized that it's unlikely they got this far by sheer luck, so I started to hold onto hope.

Soon enough, the game starts.

I've seen Karasuno practice a bit before, but seeing them play in an actual game is completely different.

"Wow, both teams are really cool!" My mom says excitedly.

"They're okay." My father responds, sticking his nose up in the air. I give a small smile, continuing to watch the game.

Despite his I-don't-care attitude, by the 3rd set all three of us were absorbed in the game.

"Tsukishima-Kun is really good." I mumble, watching him block that red haired tall guy.

A few words were exchanged between them, and I'm surprised when Tsukishima smiles at him. Though, I start to think it wasn't a friendly interaction when the redhead's expression turns into one of annoyance.

All three of us were quietly rooting for Karasuno. Slightly jolting in our seats when they make a point, clapping with the others when we get a good serve or receive.

They're doing well.

Tsukishima always said that volleyball was just a club. He always talked about how he's only doing it until high school ends.

But right now...right now it seems like he's trying really hard. He doesn't play like he hates the sport.

And his reaction when he finally blocks Ushijima Wakatoshi, isn't one of someone who thinks volleyball is 'just a club'

Both of my parents shoot up from their seats, yelling at the top of their lungs just like everyone else. I stay seated, too afraid to draw attention to myself.

I cover my mouth with my hand, and when Tsukishima yells out in celebration, tears start to pour from my eyes.

I don't watch volleyball, nor am I too keen on the game, yet I still know that this was a game changing moment. I chuckle quietly, desperately trying to wipe my tears as I watch his teammates that are on the court run up to him and look excited.

"T-That's my brother! Tsukishima Kei! The one who just got that block- that's my brother!" I look over and see an older blonde guy, jumping up and down pointing at Tsukishima.

"Man, that kid is good."

I finally manage to stop crying, but soon my expression turns to one of worry when he's escorted off the court. Both of my parents sit down, my father clearing his throat and straightening the front of his clothes.

"It was an okay block." He says and I lightly hit his arm.

"Dad!" I scoff and he lets out a small chuckle.

"Alright, alright. Your little boyfriend is pretty good." He smiles at me and I quickly look away, my cheeks turning red in embarrassment.

"H-He's not my boyfriend." I mumble.

I stay worried, until a bit later Tsukishima comes running back onto the court with Kiyoko right behind him.

I smile once I hear Yamaguchi yell his name and hold out a thumbs up.

His fingers are taped. Is he really okay?

"One touch!"

"Touch!"

"One touch!"

These two phrases are heard every time Ushijima spikes, called out by none other than Tsukishima.

He's having fun. I'm no longer worried.

The rest of the game had us on the edge of our seats. However, the crowd is roaring and I'm crying once again when Karasuno gets their last point.

"WE'RE GOING TO NATIONALS!" Someone in the crowd is heard screaming.

"Ah, that was a good game." My father stands up.

"W-Wait." I grab his hand, wiping my eyes with the other as I look at him. "Is it um...is it okay if I see him? I want to congratulate him. Please?"

I feel my mother put her hand on my shoulder, and my father looks at her for a moment. He sighs, nodding his head.

"Alright, let's go down and wait for him then." He says and my eyes brighten.

"Thank you!" I stand up, and the three of us go down and stand together as we wait for the team to come out from the locker room.

I start to begin to think it's a bad idea.

What if he doesn't want to see me?

What if he'd be too embarrassed to talk to me in front of all these people?

He did that thing in the classroom but there were far less people there. This is different.

But my body reacts before my mind can when they come walking tiredly out the room. I start to rush over to them, but I quickly stop myself halfway. He doesn't notice me yet, he's having a conversation with Yamaguchi. I can still turn around. I can leave before he se-

"Oh, Yuna-Chan! Did you see the game?!" Hinata calls out to me, running over. The entire team looks up at his voice and they give me a wave. I quickly bow to them before Hinata stops in front of me.

"H-Hinata-Kun." I smile nervously. "I did see, you all did really well."

"You think so? Thanks!"

"Move, shrimp." Tsukishima walks up to us, and Hinata huffs out a breath.

"Tsukishima-Kun." I smile up at him.

"You made it." He notes and I nod furiously.

"I-I know it's too late, but um, I bought this for you." I say, reaching into my pocket and holding out a good luck charm. He takes it into his hand and the tiniest of smiles comes across his face.

"Thank you, I'll keep it for our future games as well." He says and clips it onto his bag.

I fiddle with my fingers nervously before looking away from him. I shift my weight to one leg, bouncing the other up and down.

"Hey, so-"

He cuts himself off when I quickly wrap my arms around him, hugging him tightly.

"I missed you." I say quietly, hoping I'm not overstepping any boundaries.

His body tenses for a moment before he relaxes, and wraps one arm around me.

"I missed you too." He whispers so only I can hear. I grab his other arm and put it around me as well. "Is that okay?" He asks, surprised.

"Yeah. It is." I tighten my hold on him, and he copies my actions, giving me a proper hug.

"Your father is here." He mumbles. "My team is watching us too. I'm definitely going to get made fun of later for this, so please don't get mad at me. I hope your father doesn't get too upset either." He says and I frown, loosening my grip and looking up at him.

"What do you mea-"

My words get caught in my throat when he pushes his lips onto mine.

"You blonde bastard!" I hear my fathers voice and I pull away.

"Woo! Tsukishima!" An abundance of cheers is heard from the other volleyball members.

I turn around, leaning into his side as my father approaches us, my mother holding onto his side to make sure he doesn't do anything. Tsukishima let's go of me and bows to him.

"I would like permission to date your daughter. Please." He says and my eyes widen.

"Takeda-Sensei! Tsukishima must have been drugged! He's bowing to someone!" Hinata's voice is heard then someone else shushes him.

"Huh?!" My father narrows his eyes at him as he stands up.

"Yes, it's fine!" My mother says and my father looks at her like she's crazy.

"I would like to have both of your guys's consent." He smiles at my mother. "Sir, I really like your daughter. I'm usually not like this, and to be honest it's really embarrassing for me right now. Especially in front of my team. But I don't want to wait anymore for you to accept me."

Who is this man? I look over to see the volleyball team staring intently at us, though it doesn't look like they can hear our conversation.

"Very well."

My neck snaps, and I look over at my father in shock.

"W-What?" I ask and he crosses his arms.

"Stop looking at me like that before I change my mind." He says and Tsukishima turns to me.

"I guess you're my girlfriend now."

"Y-You...you're serious? You want to date me?" I ask worriedly and he raises one hand to cup my cheek.

"Yeah. I'm serious."

I'VE BEEN WAITING TO FUCK THINGS UP. Its gonna be so dramatic. Things like this only happen in wattpad books. VV excited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.7K 1.9K 14
Hinata Shouyou was 13 when he started to get tics. He, nor' his family didn't know what was going on. at 1st people didn't really notice bc the tics...
70.6K 662 29
I'll write so much fluff, it'll be disgusting. But depending on my mood, I might write angst and if you're lucky, some smut too. It will of course, a...
139K 3.4K 43
| | 38 chapters and 1 epilogue and 4 a/n | | ⚠️You don't have to vote⚠️ every comment makes me happyπŸ€— and I read all of them and try to reply to the...
68.9K 1.7K 20
"π˜πŽπ”'𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐋 π’πŽ πƒπ„πŒπ€ππƒπˆππ†." "𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐋, π˜π„π’ 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓'𝐒 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 πŒπ€πŠπ„π’ π˜πŽπ” 𝐂𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐔𝐒 πŒπŽπ‘π„, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 πŒπŽπ‘...