In Sickness and in Health

By XxImposterxX

Lumity au. the owl house and their characters belong to Dana terrace. (but Luz and amity here and a few othe... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2-Let's Visit Amity!
Chapter 3- A Normal Hexside Day
Chapter 4-Tutor
Chapter 5-Are You Going Back?
Chapter 6-Im Going To
Chapter 7-Stay.
Chapter 8-Shoot Your Shot
Announcement/QnA
Chapter 9-One Condition
Chapter 10-Fearless Champion
Chapter 11-Blind To The Truth
Important
Chapter 13 - Will We See The Stars Shine Again?

Chapter 12- Walking on Thin Ice

541 12 6
By XxImposterxX

A/N: I'm so sorry, problems keep piling up added with unmotivation :')
Thankfully it's Christmas break so I can probably do this chapter. (also this is not the finale)

Luz woke up feeling groggy, awful, suffering. This human who' s just 16,is probably not gonna see the day they would turn 17. Or would they? The only way to find out is through Amity, she's read through most of the books, and if all the books are finished then that would mean...

"Come on Luz! No need to be pessimistic! You're Luz Noceda, Amity's fearless champion. We're gonna get through this!" Luz hyped themself up while stretching. As soon as they were feeling slightly okay, she headed for the showers but instead, bumped into a tall figure.

" Human.... I mean Luz, are you alright?"Lilith spoke out "yeah, good, just can't see very well aha-" Luz rubbed their head in pain. "it is not getting better is it? Your condition,that is." Lilith sounded concerned. "It's getting better don't worry! Me and Ams are so close to find out what's going on :D" Luz put a smile on because she really believes that they're close to finding out the illness.

Is Luz's optimism going to be right or will it just end up six feet under along with her? Her mother's waiting for the day she returns from fall camp in the other side.
Someone's waiting for you.

Luz started her walk going towards the Blight manor. She already had eaten breakfast and has packed some snacks with her thanks to Eda being a good mother, I mean a good mentor haha. It was a really rough start when Eda and Luz first met.
Eda was someone who's wanted by the Emperor for unknown reasons(well now known for quite some time already) but we're way past that aren't we? Eda and Lilith are close sisters, The emperor isn't much of a problem as it was before, Amity's parents aren't as bad as before, Luz and Amity are even closer than before, of course there was ups and downs, but that's absolutely alright.

Luz looked back at the memories she had with everyone, the more recent the memory, the more it's blurry... Probably from the eyesight but, she knows it was there, the memory exists, it happened.

"I swear, this isn't going to end here yet..." Luz wasn't gonna give up yet, she's got a lot of years to live still.

The Blight Manor is coming into view as Luz continue walking and walking. The sky was a bit gloomy and that made Luz upset for a moment but she won't let it waver her optimism and happily walked towards the front door, lightly knocking it.

"ah, Luz Noceda, welcome. Please, come in" Alador Blight said in a low voice, happily letting Luz in. "Thank you!" Luz lightly bowed at him to show respect.
Luz found her way up the stairs and to Amity's room.

"knock knock"

"Noceda? Please come in"

"... You're supposed to say who's there."

"... Who's there?"

"owls go."

"owls go? Alright, come in??"

"er- nevermind." Luz entered the room in defeat "what was that?" Amity asked "oh a knock knock joke, it's a human thing." Luz then proceeded to explain how the joke would go and how it works. (it was supposed to go 'owls go who?' 'that's right!')

"oh I see! I'm quite very sorry that I did not realize." Amity rubbed the back of her head awkwardly. "so um..." Luz scratched her arm. This is it, this was the moment of truth. "So, did you find out what illness we have?" Luz asked as she looked down, sweating. "Oh..." Amity's voice shook.

Not a good sign.

This is bad.

It's over isn't it?

Oh come on Luz! Don't give up yet!

She hasn't said anything yet!

But her voice shook! That's a bad sign!

It doesn't necessarily mean something bad!

What else could it mean?!?

"About that Luz..." Amity started, with a quiet and shaky voice.

"Amity?" Luz got worried with what's about to come.

"I finished reading through all the books."

"not one of them explains what we have."

Amity finished... It's the end, this early.

That sentence made Luz's life flash before her eyes. It's really gonna end like this, Amity not being able to confess her love. A mother waiting for her daughter to come home. A mentor not being able to teach every spell to her disciple. A demon king wondering where his pun buddy went. A plant witch and an illusionist waiting for their friend to come back next year and be silly together.

"Really? T-That's... Okay... Let's just go do whatever we want to do for the rest of our time remaining, okay?" Luz was shaking, almost going to burst into tears.

"Luz?" Amity called out to Luz, who was holding her head probably to stop from tears coming out. Amity held Luz's hand gently

Luz couldn't stop herself from crying as tears were running down her cheek, faint sniffles could be heard from her.

"Luz..." Amity didn't know what to do, she's not used to this kind of situation. Amity held Luz's arms gently, pulling it down to see Luz's face. Luz's nose and cheeks were growing red.

"Amity, I don't want it to end like this." Luz sniffed

"Neither do I, Luz." Amity held Luz's hand softly.

"I want to keep on living with you Amity." Luz continued

"I want to stay with you, Luz." Amity is at a loss for words, she's never seen Luz this down before. Amity embraced Luz into a warm hug, hopefully Luz would calm down...

But they both know that the ending can't change.

"Luz..." Amity started "Yeah Ams?" Luz looked up.they were both sitting down, with Luz on Amity's lap and hugging each other. "What do you want to do together?" Amity asked, looking into Luz's eyes that were glowing annoyingly.... Well not really annoying to Amity, she did not mind at all with the glow.

"Well how much time do we have left first?" Luz asked. Even though knowing the time isn't going to help at all, Luz might have something in mind that she wants to do before leaving the faces of the world.

"As how things were progressing before, we might have a week left... And I might have a few days more than you... " Amity explained as she frowned.

"Amity" Luz grabbed Amity's face "Let's make this the best week in our entire lives, alright?" Luz smiled brighter than ever, it was like she's never cried before that.

"What do you plan to do? What will make it the best week in our entire lives?" Amity asked

"My day's already better just by being with you, but an entire week with you would even be better! Plus we're gonna do lots and lots of fun things together" Luz beamed up as she grabbed Amity's hands.

"Alright! Today! We're going to..." Luz suddenly looked sad

"We're still going to die, Amity?" Luz looked at Amity, she was upset. Luz couldn't let go of all the things that could happen in the far future.

"Luz, let's not think of that, let's live the best week of our lives, that's what you said, right?" Amity smiled reassuringly. Inside, Amity too was upset. There are lots of things that could happen in the far future, amazing things. For sure, there's going to be ups and downs, but if she could, she would live through it with Luz.

" so what should we do first, Noceda?" Amity asked "Hm... Let's see, let's go to the knee!" Luz jumped up "What are we going to do there?" Amity got up as she started grabbing the thickest jacket she has.

"You'll see" Luz winked as she tried leaving the room but instead went running straight to a wall. Amity burst into a fit of laughter. "ack- please pretend you didn't see that." Luz snickered as she rubbed the parts that hurt.

"it would be hard forgetting you." Amity muttered, making sure that Luz wouldn't hear a word she said.

"oh by the way Ams, do you have shoes for ice skating?" Luz appeared from the doorway. "Ice skating? I think so, but it's most likely they're way too small for any of our feet" Amity tried remembering where they were last put.

"oh I see! Too bad!" Luz then went downstairs and Amity soon followed after. "I would like to take your daughter on a-" Luz started sweating as the towering figure of Amity's parents were intimidating her to the bone. "-an exploration adventure???" Luz put her index finger up as she cowered in the safety of her jacket.

"Very well, don't stay out too late." Odalia went to the kitchen and returned with a bag with snacks and lunch. "And be sure to stay safe... The both of you." The Blight parents bid the pair farewell as the Blight twins were saying things to each other and snickering afterwards, earning an annoyed look from Amity.

"what do you think the twins are laughing about?" Luz asked Amity. "oh most likely teasing me... Making fun of me I guess." Amity's face grew red, unsure if it was from embarrassment or anger.

"you must be really close with them if you know what they're talking about." Luz smiled.

"well, not exactly the nicest thing but, yes I am indeed close with my siblings." Amity huffed.

"it must be really nice to have a lively family... I don't have a sibling and my ma is away most of the time because of work." Luz frowned as she stared at the ground, not that she can see anyway.

"Oh I did not know, I'm sorry Luz." Amity was going to hold Luz's hand but something inside told her that she was goign to make it worse.

"Well I had an older sister... But I'm not sure what happened, she sort of disappeared I guess."Luz continued

" I think her name was Lucia. But I'm not quite sure as I've never seen her at all. I don't think that she really was my sister, Ma never talks about her. But I found pictures and letters. Ma just tosses them away... "Luz finished

"I have a sister like that too..." Amity opened up. "You do?" Luz looked up in surprise. "yeah, she moved pretty far away though... And she doesn't keep in touch so I have no idea how she's been doing..." Amity looked at the sky as they walked closer and closer to The Knee.

"What was her name?" Luz asked "Her name was Amelia." Amity answered, Luz acknowledged that and they both continued walking in silence. Soon the pair arrived at The knee.

"it's been a while since I've last been here!" Luz looked around and stared at the towering snowy mountain peak. "Well there's a reason." Amity pointed out a sign that read 'due to an incident, we will not be allowing visitors and hikers to use magic in this area.'

"Oh was it because i accidentally caused a ruckus with the slitherbeast?" Luz smiled nervously. "yup, they put up this sign a short while after that happened..." Amity confirmed

"Oh we won't be using any magic here don't worry. Follow me." Luz held Amity's hand as she dragged her towards a snowy spot, with a pool of ice nearby, pine trees were seen nearby, making an awesome view to see.

"This place is wonderful." Amity took in the sight. "We're not here for the view though!" Luz threw a snowball at Amity "hey! How can you even see where I am?" Amity wiped the snow off of her clothes.

"Hit me if you can! You can't see me!" Luz was running around making it hard for Amity to aim,surprisingly she landed a hit on Luz. "What did you say about seeing? I'm pretty sure you can't do that." Amity smirked but a snowball landed on her face soon after.

"Bullseye!" Luz pumped her fists into the air. "no fair! I was distracted!" Amity pouted playfully. "Distracted by my amazing snowball skills?" it was Luz's turn to smirk, but just like Amity, a snowball landed on Luz's face.

"Not so amazing with dodging though!" Amity laughed. "oh you are no different!" Luz laughed and they continued pelting each other with snowballs until they both fell and laid on the snow.

"I win." Luz smiled
"no you didn't, I hit you more times that you can count." Amity had a smile as her brows were angled downwards.
"do you want to go another round to prove it then?" Luz huffed
"no not at the moment, I'm quite tired."Amity placed her hands on her stomach as she stayed in the snow, still.

" you're gonna get sick if you're going to stay there. "Luz said as she held a hand out, Amity opened an eye and looked at Luz, letting out a sigh she grabbed Luz's hand and got up.

" So what's next, Noceda? "Amity hit Luz's side with her elbow lightly." What do you think Blight? "Luz returned the gesture. "surprise me, Noceda."

Luz tugged onto Amity's jacket, leading her towards the pool of ice that they previously saw.
"What are we doing here? We might fall." Amity was worried. "Don't worry, if you fall, I'll catch you." Luz smiled "oh and let's try to ice skate?" Luz rubbed the back of her head nervously

"But I don't know how." Amity was looking at the ground as Luz was holding her hands. "I know how, don't worry, we'll just try to move around the ice and spin a little, I'll hold you so it won't be so scary." Luz smiled brightly at the scared Blight, making her fears wash away for a moment... Even making them forget that they have very little time left.

" But it is kinda difficult to try and skate with just normal shoes... "Luz looked at their current footwear. Luz suddenly kneeled down and pulled out an ice glyph. "Noceda! No magic!" Amity slightly jumped. "As long as we don't hurt anyone, we'll be fine." "if you say so..." Luz tapped on the glyph, making the ice form a shape close to the blade of an ice skate.

Amity tumbled back because of the lack of balance,Luz was quick enough to catch her falling midway. Luz's arms was wrapped around Amity's back, making her shudder at the sudden touch. "Oh sorry! Here I'll help you up."Luz smiled and helped Amity regain her balance.

" Here, try to bend your knees a little. Make sure your weight is over the skates, not the ankles nor toe tips. "Luz explained as she kept holding Amity. "W-what next? "Amity shivered as she tried keeping the position she was in. "put your legs apart a bit, and let your feet lean in a little." Luz instructed as she watched Amity

"How are you supposed to move like this?" Amity asked as she was having second thoughts about this ice skating thing. " Oh to move just push one feet outwards to the side. ". Amity nodded "I'll let go of you now so you can try." Luz looked at Amity's eyes
"No don't." Amity shook as her grip on Luz's arms tightened
"I don't want you to let go of me." Amity stared back at Luz.
"... But how would you learn to move on?" Luz asked.
"stay close by then." Amity exhaled, creating a mist to escape her mouth.
"Alright" Luz smiled as she kneeled down once again and grabbed two more ice glyphs, creating ice skates for her shoes as well.

"I'll let go now." Luz carefully let go of Amity's hand. Amity wobbled but maintained her balance by putting her arms out. "look at you! You're doing awesome!" Luz cheered on Amity. "Haha- yeah, I-I'm doing it!" Amity tried to move just as how Luz said it, but instead she slipped and fell onto the cold hard ice. Luz giggled "don't worry! Not everyone gets it right away" Luz held a hand out for Amity to take.

Soon Amity got the hang of it and they were both gliding on the ice. "wanna try starting at the outside edges of the ice and go towards the center?" Luz suggested "wouldn't we bump into each other though?" "we'll start at the opposite sides!" Luz happily said as she started going to the edge of the ice so Amity decided to do the same.

"Ready?!" Luz yelled across "I'll go fast, you do the same!" Luz started gaining her speed on the ice "Owa! Wait-!" Amity started a bit later but they both quickly made their way toward the middle of the ice, so close that thye might bump into each other... "Noceda! I'm going to hit you!" Amity warned but Luz smirked and grabbed Amity's arms, but the momentum kept them up, spinning on the ice.

"isn't this fun!" Luz smiled, the only thing Amity was focused about, wasn't the skating, nor their time left. All Amity was thinking about was Luz.

"Amity?" The spin came to a halt.
"Yes, Noceda?" Amity snapped out of her thoughts.
"Are you dizzy? We should go back if you don't feel well." Luz was worried
"oh... Yeah, I'm a bit dizzy from all that." Amity held her head. They both went back to the Blight Manor

"Ah, you're back." Alador smiled
"Welcome home." Odalia smiled. Amity stared at them and back at Luz.
"Please come in quick, the both of you have been there for a while." The pair entered the house and brushed off the snow that remained on their clothes.

"Welcome back mittens!" Emira grinned
"how was your date with the human?" Edric grinned as well. "Edric!" Amity stomped. "woah woah calm down, at least tell us how was it?" Edric continued. Amity looked behind her to see Luz sitting at the dining table, sipping on hot cocoa that Odalia made.

"I had fun." Amity simply said and before the twins can continue teasing their younger sibling,Amity joined Luz at the dining table.

"Oh what did the twins say to you?" Luz asked "oh nothing." Amity shrugged it off. "Would you like marshmallows with that?" Alador asked Luz as he came with another cup of hot cocoa, handing it to Amity. "you guys have marshmalllows?! That's so cool! Yes please!" Luz happily raised her cup to which Alador proceeded to pour in 'marchmallows' which turned out to be edible cottonwebs.

"Thank you!" Luz happily drank it. "Amity, you've been quiet." Luz looked to her side where Amity was sitting.
"Oh its nothing...."
"i just feel at home for once."

A/N:
I have no idea show skating works, forgive me.
Ou I got the ice skating idea from a convo with a friend. And it made me remember that Dana showed a drawing of Luz and Willow ice skating ^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.7K 426 11
(COMPLETED AS OF 10/02/22) One of the youngest in the Emperors Coven, y/n strives to do good for her cause and prove herself to the Emperor. Can she...
177K 5.5K 71
book 1 Luz Noceda gets into fights constantly in her home town. so her mother, Camila, sends her to live with a old friend of hers named Eda until he...
13.5K 415 10
Synopsis: Amity Blight's relationship with Luz Noceda takes a turn upon meeting a mysterious stranger who reveals that he knows about Amity's secret...
40.2K 869 21
After four years of being back in the human realm, Luz Noceda finds herself able to return back to the Boiling Isles she once called home herself. Bu...