A Troubled Family || Newsies...

By Broadway_Crackers

In a World where everyone has a tattoo on their chest (their soulmate's) and a mark on their dominant hand (t... More

Chapter 1 - Prologue
Chapter 2 - Anthony
Chapter 3 - Albert
Chapter 5 - Spot
Chapter 6 - Anthony
Chapter 7 - Jack
Chapter 8 - Specs
Chapter 9 - Jack
Chapter 10 - Anthony
Chapter 11 - Spot
Chapter 12 - Anthony
Chapter 13 - Romeo
Chapter 14 - Mush
Chapter 15 - Albert
Chapter 16 - Anthony
Chapter 17 - Specs
Chapter 18 - Anthony
Chapter 19 - Albert
Chapter 20 - Buttons
Chapter 21 - Spot
Chapter 22 - Anthony
Chapter 23 - Albert
Chapter 24 - Anthony
Chapter 25 - Smalls
Chapter 26 - Spot
Chapter 27 - Anthony
Chapter 28 - Medda
Chapter 29 - Anthony
Chapter 30 - Buttons
Chapter 31 - Anthony/Racetrack
Chapter 32 - Anthony/Racetrack
Chapter 33 - Jack
Chapter 34 - Tommy boy
Chapter 35 - Les
Chapter 36 - Smokes
Chapter 37 - Finch
Chapter 38 - Sniper
Chapter 39 - Spot
Chapter 40 - Race
Chapter 41 - Jack/Medda

Chapter 4 - Anthony

584 11 44
By Broadway_Crackers

- Chapter 4 - New School -
Warnings: None really. A bit of bullying? Anxiety?
Third Person POV

Anthony walked silently in the middle of the group of boys.

To say he was nervous was an understatement.

He was terrified.

Medda had explained to him what his days were gonna be like, and for the first few days, he was gonna have someone by his side the whole time.

First period (which today was English Honors) - Mush

Second period (Math Honors) - Crutchie and Mush

Third period (History) - Tommy boy

Fourth Period (Advanced Italian) - He was not actually in that class with anyone, but Jack and Davey (who he had yet to meet) would bring him there and be waiting after class for him.

Fifth period (Science Honor) - Mush and JoJo

Sixth period (Gym) - Jack, and a good amount of other Newsies

Seventh period (Newspaper) - Literally, all of the boys

He would also go to the front office for the first three days every morning and afternoon so his Guidance Counselor could see how he was doing.

"You ready, Anthony?" Jack asks his, suddenly appearing next to him and scaring the heck out of him.

He lets out a little yelp, jumping backwards, and falling onto his butt.

The boys all crowd around him, some laughing, and others checking to make sure he's okay.

"I'm fine" Anthony mumbles. Jack helps him up.

"Sorry bud, I didn't mean to scare you" Jack apologizes. Anthony shrugs it off.

"Not your fault, I was just in deep thought" Anthony whispers. Jack nods.

"Thinking about what, if I may ask" Jack questions. Anthony shrugs, tugging on the straps of his backpack.

"Just- nerves. I'm a bit nervous about school. I hate being the new kid" Anthony mumbles. Jack nods, he understood that.

Anthony wished he could say he wasn't the new kid, since he was a freshman with all the other freshman, but everyone who went to the high school, usually went to the middle school that was connected to it.

Their principal, Mr. Pulitzer, ran both schools, so everyone usually went to both, seeing as they were side-by-side. Like, they were so close, they had hallways that made it easy to get from one to the other.

In the middle of both schools was the principal's office.

Plus, it's the middle of October, so he missed the start of the year too.

"Hey, it's okay to be nervous. I completely understand that. I joined in the middle of December." Jack laughs, and Anthony joins him a bit. "I literally joined so late that they probably should've just let me wait till break was over to start school." The two boys laugh again. "What I'm trying to say is that if you need anything, tell us. We're here for you, and we've all been in your place."

"Thanks Jack" Anthony whispers. Jack smiles.

When they get to the school building, they are met by a boy and four girls waiting for them.

"Hey guys!" Blink exclaims, as the other boys chorus greetings or wave.

Anthony looks warily at them, before slowly hiding himself in the mess of Newsies.

He ends up bumping into Specs, who smiles softly at him. "Hey, it's okay, they're nice. I promise."

Specs gently hugs Anthony, slowly guiding him towards Jack, Davey, Katherine, Sarah, Smalls, and Sniper.

"Hey guys, this is Anthony. Anthony, this is Katherine, Sarah, Davey, Sniper, and Smalls" Jack introduces. Davey and Katherine smile at him, while Sarah and Sniper waves.

Ike comes up behind Smalls, stealing her hat. "Don't trust this one, she's crazy!"

Ike runs off, as Smalls starts shouting at him, running after him.

Davey facepalms. "They're going to get detention again."

"Maybe not, you never know" Sniper responds. Davey shrugs.

"These the twins?" Anthony whispers to Specs, who nods.

Jack, Sarah, and Davey look at them, confused.

Specs notices this. "We told him a bit about you yesterday, since we mentioned Rugelach. He asked what that was, and we mentioned how Davey made it for us, and explained who you two are since he didn't know you."

Sarah and Davey nod.

"Well, anyway, welcome to 'the World High School'. If anyone gives you a problem, come to any one of us" Sarah tells Anthony, who nods slightly.

After a few minutes, Anthony, Jack, and Davey departed ways from everyone else, heading to the front office.

They got there, Anthony met his Guidance Counselor, and they left after a few minutes.

Jack and Davey walked Anthony to his first class, where Mush was waiting outside the classroom for him.

The two boys said 'goodbye' to Jack and Davey, and walked into the class.

Anthony walks over to the teacher.

It was a woman, and she had a warm smile, almost like Miss Medda.

She greeted him, told him where his was, and took the microphone from him. (It's part of the FM system. If people want, I can put pictures and explain it.)

And then Anthony went to sit down, and thankfully his seat was next to Mush.

At fifth period

Anthony walked with Mush and JoJo to the table where the Newsies sat at for lunch.

Jack had told the Brooklynites they were friends with that for the first few days, they were gonna keep Anthony away from them so he didn't get overwhelmed, and they understood.

Race sat down in the middle of Mush and Albert, with Jack, Davey, and Specs across from him.

"How has school been so far?" Davey asks Anthony, who shrugs, picking at his food.

"People seem nice" Anthony whispers. Davey nods.

"I'm glad you don't have any problems" Jack states. Anthony nods.

"He seems to pick up the material quickly. You're smart, even for a kid in Honors class. I probably couldn't pick up this that fast if I was new" Mush tells Anthony, who brushes it off.

"Nice" Specs fist bumps Anthony, who was hesitant at first, but eventually was okay with it, after being reassured he wasn't going to get in trouble for it.

Eventually, Lunch ended, and Albert walked with Mush, JoJo, and Anthony back to their Science class, since his class was quote 'semi close to theirs', though it probably wasn't close.

They passed by a class, where a teacher they hated stood outside.

"Have a look at this; a new kid" Mr. Wiesel, or Weasel as the Newsies call him, states. Oscar and Morris stood right behind him.

"Leave him alone, Weasel" Albert grumbles, grabbing one of Anthony's hands tightly. Anthony let's out a yelp.

Morris grabs Anthony by the collar/back of his shirt, pulling him back towards him, Weasel, and Oscar.

Anthony let's out another yelp, looking warily at Oscar and Morris, who were staring him down.

Anthony sent pleading looks to JoJo, Mush, and Albert, who glared daggers into Oscar, Morris, and Weasel's souls.

"Why you so angry? We just want to meet him" Oscar tells them, pretending to be innocent.

Mush and Albert grab Anthony's hands, pulling him behind the three of them. "You won't get to meet him if we have anything to say about it."

"We'll see about that. He's bound to be alone sometime soon" Morris responds. Albert growls again, before the three boys walk off, taking Anthony with them.

"Anthony, you need to stay away from them, any chance you get. If they bother you, you tell us. Got it?" JoJo tells Anthony, who hesitantly nods.

"Good. We don't want you getting hurt" Mush states. Albert was too mad to talk, but he nodded in agreement.

They were gonna keep him safe, and away from the Delanceys, Weasel, and Snyder.

He promised himself that.

1278 Words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 2.9K 27
*This story is based on the soulmate AU where the first words your soulmate speaks to you are written on your body* Sophie is scared of her mark. The...
Marked By Peter

Fanfiction

47.1K 1.3K 19
Every one is given a mark that ties their life to some one else's. Like a birth mark. It connects you to your friends, family, and maybe even a teach...
100K 3.8K 22
At sixteen, every person on earth is destined to get a tattoo on each arm: one that matches their soulmate and one that matches their worst enemy. Th...
565K 9.2K 109
Newsies stuff ɪɴᴄʟᴜᴅᴇs • ᴊᴀᴄᴋ • ᴅᴀᴠɪᴅ • sᴘᴏᴛ • ᴍᴜsʜ • sᴋɪᴛᴛᴇʀʏ • ᴋɪᴅ ʙʟɪɴᴋ • ʀᴀᴄᴇᴛʀᴀᴄᴋ • вumlєtѕ • ᴄʀᴜᴛᴄʜɪᴇ • (les ) thєrє αlѕσ wíll вє ѕσmє ím...