Chapter 11 - Spot

- Chapter 11 - His Secrets/Memories -
Warnings: Anxiety, mentions of abuse
Third Person POV

Albert and Spot sat on Albert's bed, silent for a few minutes.

Both boys were in deep thought.

"He's hiding something."

Albert nods. "But what is it?"

Spot shrugs. "I'm not sure. He starts trusting us a bit, only to push us away. At least for the others, he doesn't push them away as often."

"I don't understand why. I mean, I get that when you've been in too many foster homes, you stop believing that someone will ever actually care," Albert starts. "but there has to be more to this."

"So," Spot starts. "What do we do?"

Albert sighs, turning to look at him boyfriend. "There's only one thing we can do."

"Try to get him to trust us and realize he's not gonna get hurt, and try to get him to spill the secret?" Spot questions. Albert nods. "Do you think anyone else knows?"

Albert nods. "Jack and Specs definitely know something, so I think if it's putting Anthony in danger, it's only a matter of time before someone spills the secret or someone else finds out."

Spot nods. "I love you, Al. You're amazing."

Albert smiles. "I love you too, Spot."

Spot cups Albert's cheek. "Don't stress. Everything's gonna be okay, and we're gonna get through this."

Albert nods. "I know."

Spot leans in, and connects their lips.

The next day
At school

Anthony walks out of his Italian classroom, jumping back when he sees Albert and Spot on either side of the door.

He ends up falling to the floor, startling Albert and Spot. "You good, Anth?"

Anthony nods, gritting his teeth. That hurt, more than it should've.

Anthony checks his back, and immediately feels blood. That's why. The cuts just reopened.

Anthony rolls his eyes, getting up. Let's not worry about it for now, Jack and Specs will probably force me to take care of them later.

"Why are you two here? I wasn't told anyone would be here" Anthony states. Spot shrugs.

"Jack told us you were staying late, and since Spot had practice and I always go to his practice, we decided to wait for you" Albert explains. Anthony nods.

Anthony clutches his books to his chest. "Well, sorry to keep you waiting."

Albert brushes it off. "Don't be sorry, we were only waiting for five minutes."

"So, why were you there?" Spot asks, as they exit the school building. Spot and Albert were on either side of Anthony. "Failing Italian?"