Chapter 41 - Jack/Medda

- Chapter 41 - Help from Medda to Fight the Memories (from the past) -
Warnings: injuries, crying, abuse, screaming, the Delanceys
Third Person POV

"Stop it," Race grumbled, trying to pull away from Albert.

Spot exhaled through his nose to try and calm down.

Jack sighed softly. "Race, we gotta treat those injuries," he told him.

Race pushed his back against the wall. "Just stay away," he stared at all of them, shaking violently. "I don't need your help. I don't need any of it."

"Race, please," Specs tried, sitting on the ground in front of him.

"Specs, please leave," Race whispered, tears stinging his eyes.

Specs swallowed hard. "Race, I can't leave when-"

"You can!" Race shouted. "Please just go away!" His hands shot up to his head and he ripped his hearing piece out of his ear. He stared at him, tears streaming down his cheeks.

What use was it in anyway?

Oscar and Morris had broken his mic.

The earpiece was worthless without it.

Race gritted his teeth in frustration.

"Racer, please-"

Race shot up abruptly. "Why don't you ever listen to "leave me alone"?!" he screamed, his hands over his ears.

Jack stepped back, a bit shocked by his outburst.

"Hey, I get that you're mad, but you do not get to raise your voice at us," Spot responded sternly, growing more angry.

Race started trembling.

"You do NOT get to raise your voice at me!"

Race's hands quickly covered his back.

He could feel the hits.

"How DARE you!"

Hit.

"And to shout at me?!"

Hit.

"You've got some guts to do that when I've RAISED YOU FOR SIX YEARS!"

Hit.

Albert gently grabbed Spot's arm and pulled him back, watching Race intensely. "Spot," he started quietly.

Before Albert could continue, Race shoved past Jack and sprinted out of the room.

Jack quickly followed him, only seeing him go into the bathroom and lock the door. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "I knew we should've taken that lock off of the bathroom door," he muttered, pulling out his phone.

Spot clenched his fists in anger and concern.

Specs looked at Jack, his head tilted. "What are you doing?" he asked quietly.