Chapter 20 - Buttons

- Chapter 20 - He Taps? -
Warnings: Anxiety?
Third Person POV

Buttons sat with Tommy boy, in the basement, stretching while he and Tommy boy waited for Romeo and Anthony.

A few minutes later, Romeo came bouncing in, dragging along a nervous-ish looking Anthony. "Anthony has an announcement!"

Buttons and Tommy boy look at Anthony, curious, as Anthony shifts his weight between his two feet nervously. "I kinda want to- only if you're okay with it- preform 'Stop' for Medda and the others?"

Romeo squeals, clapping his hands, as he grins.

Buttons and Tommy boy share smiles. "That's great, Anth!"

"That's two weeks earlier than we had originally planned to drag you into doing this" Buttons states.

Anthony weakly laughs.

"Ro here," Anthony starts. "He's pretty persuasive, and he reminded me that they'd never make fun of me."

And there were other reasons... Anthony smiles slightly to himself.

Buttons smiles. "That's wonderful, Anth. Are we just tapping, or are we doing other stuff, too?"

Anthony rubs the back of his neck, nervously. "Maybe just tapping for today. I'm a bit nervous still."

Buttons nods, smiling warmly at Anthony. "That's perfectly fine."

Anthony smiles a bit. Buttons', and a good amount of other boys, smiles made him feel happy.

"Ooh, a butterfly," Romeo awes, looking out the window.

"Is he okay?" Anthony questions, pointing to Romeo.

Buttons and Tommy boy laugh. "He does that sometimes."

"Can I see the butterfly?" Anthony asks, cautiously. It was like he was nervous to ask.

Romeo grins at him, waving him over. "Yeah! Come on! I think it's a Monarch butterfly!"

Anthony walks over to the window. "Ooh."

Buttons and Tommy boy chuckle. Anthony and Romeo were seriously adorable together.

"I hate to interrupt this, but we probably need to run 'Stop' a few times before we do it" Tommy boy reminds Romeo and Anthony, who nod.

"Let's practice three times," Buttons suggests. The boys nod.

Tommy boy starts the music, and they get into position.

Thirty minutes later

After three run-throughs of the song and a few minor changes, they were ready.

And now, they're standing in front of most of the boys, all of the girls, and Medda.

Buttons grabs Anthony's hand, seeing as Anthony was getting nervous.

All of the boys and girls looked confused, while Medda was just smiling. (Plus, Specs was too since he knew.)

Romeo was rocking back and forth on his heels to his toes, making tapping sounds, while Tommy boy quieted the boys down.