Chapter 36 - Smokes

- Chapter 36 - A Wednesday With Smokes -
Warnings: fluff, slight stress but not much
Third Person POV

"Here's my plan," Smokes starts, chuckling softly.

Race looks up at him.

"Make it through track practice and try to be at soccer without missing more than fifteen to twenty minutes of it." Smokes explains, using his hands as if he's showing Race the area.

Race chuckles. "How are you going to do that?" He asks.

"Hopefully successfully." Smokes answers, his eyes trained on his hands which were folded with his pointer fingers pointed forwards.

Race shoots him a look.

"Soccer and track only- uh- yes that word that I've forgotten- uh-" Smokes stops, trying to think. "mix- is it mix? I'll say it's mix- on Wednesdays." He states.

Race chuckles.

Smokes turns back to face Race. "It's the only day I'm late to soccer." He states.

"Thank God your coach is okay with it." Race adds.

Smokes nods.

Smokes played three sports; soccer, basketball, and track.

His basketball only met on weekends; Friday night, Saturday mornings (which was the worst), and Sundays for games.

They rarely met besides that.

Track met after school everyday from 3 to 4.

Soccer met on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, with the occasional Monday game if they didn't have one on another day.

They met earlier on Wednesday, which conflicted with Track.

Smokes was always rushing back and forth between his sports.

He loved playing them, but he almost never got a break.

"We should head to track." Race tells him, checking the time.

Smokes nods.

After track

Smokes runs to the locker room.

He quickly throws on his soccer jersey and grabs his bag.

He waves to Race, before quickly running out of the building.

He runs to the field where his soccer team practiced, seeing them doing dribbling drills.

Thankfully, their drills and the order in which they did them never changed, so Smokes knew what he was doing.

He quickly got his soccer ball out of his bag, got his cleats and shin-pads on, and checked in with his coach.

His coach looks up at him from his clipboard. "Samuel," he smiles, checking Smokes' name off. "Good to see you, how was track?" He asks.

"Good, thank you." Smokes grins up at him.

His coach looks down at him, chuckling. "Go get to it, Samuel. We've got a big game on Friday and you're playing Mid-defense." He tells him.