Climbing The Sky

By Sparkling_star146

When she was ecstatic and nervous of a change and a new step of her life, a wild option was presented in fron... More

1.Change and adjustment
2.Go with the flow
3.Serial of life
4.Tough decisions
5.Being sure
6. Excited surrounding
7. First meeting
8.Think and decide
9. Worsening Problems
10.Second Thought
11. Need of peace
12.Big Step
13.Weirdness Overload
14.Help
15. Search for links
16. Messy Life
17.Solving Problem
18. Danger
19. The Footage
20. Revenge
21. Dream
22. Unexpected Options
23. Hostel Life
24.Good Work
25.Helping in good
26. Mischief
27.Parents and concern
28.Dilemma
29.When you're anxious of a change
30. Insane friends and cousins
31.Emotions of a girl
32. After the big day
33.Days of crazyness
34.Advice from close ones
35.New home,changed life.
37.Unexpected guest
38.Lie calls problem
39.Silence is the punishment
40.Realisation
41.With Him
42. Match making
43. Excitement.
44.Back home
45. Troublemaker phone
46. Unsaid words
47.Sweet tears
48.Pain before the smile
49.No worry
50.Another change
51.Different expectations
52. End of wait
53. Say hello to a mother
54. Life with a doll
55.Kids and tantrums
56. Keeping them close to heart
Epilogue

36.When you're alone

139 14 302
By Sparkling_star146

Warisha's POV

"...Done." I huffed as I looked around the living room. Alyan sat..more like laid on the couch.

"I never worked so much in my whole life." He mumbled and I looked at him with narrowed eyes.

"Really? You just opened the packaging and advanced me the things."

"And helped you in dusting the whole house which was clearly shining but you saw invisible dirt everywhere." He frowned.

"That's nothing too much,I did the main works."

"And I had to hang weird things on the ceiling just because as you said "Allah made me like a coconut tree"." I chuckled at his words..

"But look how beautiful the whole apartment is looking." I smiled sitting beside him.

"Hmm...true." He mumbled looking around.

"So say thank you." I said.

"Oh I forgot,thank me." He patted his shoulder with a cheeky grin.

"Yes,thank you." I also patted his shoulder with all the force I have.

"Ouch.... you'll dislocate my shoulder,you Hulk." He glared at me.

"What? I was just thanking you." I suppressed a chuckle.

"Like I don't understand what you were actually doing."

"Whatever. Now get up and take a shower." I said and his eyes snapped on me.

"A shower?"

"Yes...A is the article you use." I shrugged.

"What's the need of a shower right now?"

"Because as you said you worked a looooot today." I grinned at him.

"You really want to remarry,right?" He narrowed his eyes at me.

"Who said so?"

"That's why you're conspiring to kill me in this cold."

"Oops,you caught me." I gave him a tight smile.

"Nope,I'm not going."

"You are."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Or else you're staying in the guest room tonight. Or kitchen."

"And why?"

"I won't sleep with an unhygienic person like you." I glared at him.

"Huh,like you can sleep alone without losing your sense." He smirked.

"I can sleep alone." I said though it's a lie. I still need time to adjust here.

"Oh really? Then why were you hugging me like a two years old baby last night?"

"That's because.."

"Because?"

"Because...uhh..that's my wish."

"Just admit you were afraid and took advantage as soon as I slept. Though you forgot I'll see that when I'll wake up feeling your hundred ton weighted hand."

"I was not afraid. I just thought....Thought you'll be afraid...yes." I made a stupid excuse. He looked at me for a second before bursting out laughing.

"Why are you laughing?" I glared at him.

"You....you didn't find any excuse...such a lame one...oh Allah..." He was still laughing.

"Stop that." I glared at him.

"You..stop that." I slapped on his arm and after a lot of difficulty,he stopped. Taking a deep breath,he looked at me.

"There's no shame in admitting you were afraid." He smirked.

"Fine...A dog was barking so loudly.....and the room was dark. And I remembered that scene of Siccin 3. So I...." I frowned.

"So you thought of pulping me?"

"And I was expecting you to be sincere."

"I am."

"Oh really? Then where were you when I was afraid? You were busy in your dream." I glared.

"Then what was I supposed to do? See a demon running behind you in my dream and wake up to read all the surahs I know just to shoo that?" He smirked.

"I know you won't ever do that. Instead you'll enjoy when the demon will pull me out with him through the balcony and clap."

"Don't worry, even a demon won't be be able to handle you and end up losing its soul."

"Excuse me,what do you mean?" I glared at him.

"I mean you're dangerous."

"How dare you?"

"Woo..what are those two things poking out of your head?" He made a fake horrified expression.

"Yes,make fun of me as much as you can. Just remember, you stay here alone with me in dark nights." I gave him an evil smile and went to take a shower.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"Wow,you two decorated the whole apartment quite beautifully." Jamya smiled,looking around. We sat in the living room.

"The whole morning went on with this yesterday." I huffed.

"Tell me when was the last time you opened your books?" Liya narrowed her eyes at me as I have her a sheepish grin.

"Maybeeee..I can't remember."

"Where is our nerd Warisha?" Jamya said dramatically.

"Here I am."

"All I see in front of me is a cute newly wed who forgot that she is a student." Liya winked at me and got a glare. Just then,my phone rang. It's Sumayra appi. Ilma calls me at this time everyday,sometimes twice or thrice in a day.

"Assalamualaikum." I smiled receiving the call.

"Walaikumassalam mami...it was Lucy's birthday today and I made a card for her." Ilma squealed and showed a card she colored beautifully.

"Masha Allah,good job baby." I said as she grinned at me and appi smiled.

"Lucy will be so happy,right mami?"

"Yes,she will."

"Where is mama? I want to show this to him too."

"He's not at home. I'll tell him to call you when he'll be back." I said as I scratched my cheek.

"You'll surely tell him naa?"

"I will baby." I said. Liya and Jamya chuckled at her antics.

"And tell him to clap for me. He's a bad boy so you tell him." She demanded with a pout.

"Forced appreciation." Appi added from behind and we chuckled.

"Ok ma'am."

"And why is my brother a bad boy?" Appi asked.

"Because he doesn't give me chocolates whenever I want,says ants will take my teeth. And he always pulls my cheeks. And he doesn't let me play thief and police." She frowned.

"Haww,so bad of him." I made a serious expression.

"Even he hurts my mami. So bad." Ilma blabbered and I looked at Jamya and Liya who were giving each other suspicious look.

"Ilma,don't talk illogical." Appi said.

"Mummy, I'm not lying...mama.." She started saying but I stopped her.

"Ilma,I'll tell your mama to call you later. Now you tell me how was your art class today."

"That was so fun. I painted a Bunny." Ilma squealed happily.

"Can I see?"

"Yes..wait." She brought her drawing book.

"See..."

"Wow,So beautiful." I smiled as she jumped with the book.

"See mummy? I told you mami will like that."

"I know dear. Now let's go,you still didn't change your clothes." Appi said as Ilma nodded.

"Ok mami, I have to go. Allah Hafiz."

"Allah Hafiz." I cut the call and looked at them.

"What was that?" Liya raised her brows.

Looks like I'm in trouble.

"What was what?" I asked with an awkward smile.

"What did she mean by he hurts you?" Jamya looked at me intensely.

"That was Ilma being herself, misunderstood something."

"Really?"

"Really. Now forget all this,tell me how did your call with aunty went last night?" I asked Jamya who frowned.

"Not so good."

"I don't understand why don't you straight tell her that you don't like him." Liya said.

"I can't, she'll be disappointed. I can't tell her how evil he is."

"Then tell her you like Arham Bhai." Liya blabbered and Jamya literally emitted fire through her eyes.

"I DON'T LIKE ANY BHAI!!"

"Exactly,you don't like any Bhai. You like Arham Bhai who's not your Bhai." I smirked.

"Can't you two be serious for a second? I'm talking about a serious thing here."

"Okayyyy." I sat on the couch cross legged, showing my all focus is on het.

"Then what do you want?"

"I don't want to marry him whom I called Bhai my whole life and hated for his disgusting nature. Never." Jamya frowned.

"But seems like he's eager to make you his wife as he didn't call you sister ever." Liya chuckled.

"Why? I mean doesn't he has anyone other to marry? Why own khalas daughter?"

"Ask that to him."

"No,I won't do that. I am calling him right now." Before we could react,Jamya took out her phone and called her so called cousin brother.

"Put it on speaker." Liya whispered as Jamya did so.

"Assalamualaikum,Bhai." Jamya said the BHAI loudly as he received the call.

"Walaikumassalam,How are you lady?" He asked. Anyone could see Jamya fuming in anger.

"I'm good,and I'll be better if you tell your and my Ammi to stop whatever they're doing." Jamya said as we looked at her wide eyed.

What's this stupid doing?

"What are you talking about?"

"Oh you really don't know?"

"Oh,about our marriage?"

"There's no OUR MARRIAGE."

"Calm down lady."

"There's no calming down. I don't want to marry you."

"That is not how you talk to your elders. Talk like a decent woman."

Wow,he's got some nerves.

"Then why don't you just behave like an elder brother? I know you were the one to suggest my name to Khala."

"Yes,I did. So? I want to marry you,I did that. So what?"

"Can I punch him through the phone's screen?" Liya whispered on my ear.

"So I hate you."

" Not like your opposing this will change my mind." Jamya looked at us with fire in her eyes.

"And not like you wanting this will make me agree."

"Who's asking for your decision?" He said,making us shocked.

How could he say so?

"Allah gave me that right."

"You have that right? Really?" He started laughing.

"Yes,I have that. And I'll make sure I use that."

"Use that for whom?"

"Meaning?"

"Surely you want to use that for someone else. Now tell me who that scoundrel is."

"There is no one. And even if there is one, I'm sure he's not so evil like you."

"I tell you to behave like a decent woman or else I'm calling Khala."

"Then call her,do whatever you want. But let me tell you something,if I have to marry you,then you won't see the Sun next day,nor will I." Jamya cut the call.

We were looking at her,eyes wide and mouth agape.

"That was SUPERB." Liya jumped and hugged her.

"He deserved that. After hearing the way he was talking, I'm sure he's a jerk." I said.

"I just hope that works." Jamya mumbled.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I sat cross legged on the bed,my books scattered in front of me.

"Did I ever touch you all?" I asked to a book who surely didn't answer me.

First time I'm sitting for study,nowadays I don't find any attention. Like..how many years? It feels like I came to this world and started studying in ammis lap and still continuing it in my deathbed.

I again looked at the clock and frowned. It's been one hour of Maghrib still no trace of that man.

Yes,I am scared. It's so silent here, I'm totally alone. And that scene of Siccin 3 is still bothering me. I'm feeling like that ghost will enter through the balcony and pull me out with it,just like that.

I got up and closed the Thai door of the balcony.

"Now the chance of you taking me comes down to 80%." I mumbled by myself and again went back on the bed.

I tried to focus on my book. After ten minutes or so,I heard a sound. Like someone knocked on the door.

I shook my head. Maybe it's a misconception.

Again I heard that sound,and now it was totally clear. Sure that came from the balcony. I looked there but nothing.

Am I having auditory hallucination?

Within a minute,again that sound came. So loudly,making me startled. I slowly got down from the bed and walked towards the balcony. Opening the door,I peeked outside.

Nothing. Then where was that sound coming from?

I locked the door and sat on the bed. Taking my phone,I called him to ask where he was. But he didn't answer. So to keep myself busy,I called Ammi.

As I was talking to Ammi,that knocking was still going on. Now I am seriously scared.

I cut the call and again checked the balcony,but nothing even now. It was getting quite late too.

"No way." I squealed as the electricity went away. Could coincidence get more dangerous?

I literally rushed out of my room,locked the door and sat on couch.. mumbling all the surahs I know. I thought of going to Ayesha bhabis place but then shook this thoughts away thinking she will be disturbed without any reason.

My eyes fell on the bookshelf where a lot of books were kept neatly. I got up and went in front of that,checking what books he has.

There's book on everything-Islam,science,politics,history,literature and what not. I took a book and sat on the couch to read.

I spent there half an hour,just like that. Electricity and the tomato,both were nowhere to be seen. I was now feeling sleepy.

"Maybe it was just my hallucination." I mumbled by myself. Gathering all the courage,I opened the door and went inside. Turning off the phones light,I laid down on the bed to sleep.

Again that knock startled me. And as It's more silent now,that voice felt like an atom bomb.

"That's nothing...just your imagination...." I closed my eyes,trying to sleep. That knocking was still going on,ignoring that,I started drifting off.

Suddenly I felt some light on my face. And then someone touched my shoulder and I sat up abruptly with a scream.

"Aaaaaaaa......Allah......Ammmmiii......."

"For Allah's sake....Stop yelling." I heard Alyans voice and looked in the side to see him standing there,palms pressed on his ears and eyes wide.

"Oh...you..." I huffed,rubbing my eyes. He was still shocked.

"Why were you yelling like that?" He glared at me which I returned with the same glory.

"And why are you so late?"

"That is not the main question."

"Because...Oh Allah." I remembered the knocks and quickly got down from the bed and stood beside him.

"There's... someone's there." I pointed towards the balcony. He looked at me in disbelief.

"Have you gone mad?"

"Trust me,someone there was knocking again and again."

"Warisha,that's not funny."

" I AM NOT JOKING. THERE IS SOMEONE,I HEARD THAT LOUD AND CLEAR." I glared at him.

"But..." Just then that sound again came and I stepped closer to him,giving an "I told you" look.

"What was that?" He mumbled and turned the phones light towards the balcony.

"I...I don't know. It's going on since Maghrib,I checked once but there wasn't anything."

"You sure?"

"Yes I am."

"Let me see." He stepped towards the balcony but I stopped him by his arm.

"Are you mad?"

"What mad?"

"You just can't go there,not until electricity is back." I said and he chuckled.

"Allah...there isn't any ghost Warisha."

"And if there is one? I heard stories from Ammi that they knock on people's home like this and when they go out,they take them with them." I shivered remembering those stories Ammu used to tell in stormy nights in bhaiyas request.

"Warisha..those are stories."

"No...they..they exist."

"Who exists?"

"Allah...you can't take their names."

"Or else what? They'll appear like Voldemort?" He smirked.

"I don't know but you are not going there,nor am I."

"Warisha,if you're afraid,you stay here. I'll check."

"Like that won't take me if you open the door." I glared at him.

"Such a dramaqueen." He mumbled and started walking towards the balcony.

"Alyan....not now. Let the electricity come."

"Like electricity will stop them." He chuckled.

"But...but you're taking the light with you." I said,looking for my phone.

"Then come with me." He came and held my hand.

"No.. they'll..."

"Shut up." He said and opened the door. I was mumbling everything that came in my mind.

"Nothing." He mumbled,checking around the balcony as a horrified I followed him.

"But...but that sound was so clear." I said in a hushed tone.

"Maybe...oh.. here's the culprit." He walked inside and focused the light on a little bird which was sitting silently beside the door. My eyes went wide seeing that.

This bird was making me mad all along?

"Hello birdie." He handed me his phone and kneeled beside that little bird. I also sat there. A leg of the bird got stuck beside the door. And it was again and again hitting on the Thai door with its beak, making that 'knocking' sound.

"Wait.." He held the bird gently and helped it to get its leg out.
The bird fluttered its wings a little,clearly tired.

"You managed to afraid my dangerous wife,I'm proud of you." He smirked,stroking his hand on its soft feathers.

"I was not..not afraid." I tried to sound as normal as possible.

"I know,that's why you look so pale."

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes,touching its head a bit.

"Get some water." He said and I nodded,getting up.

"Take the phone." He said. I walked out and brought a little bowl full of water. I kept the bowl in front of the bird and it drank the water eagerly. That made me smile.

"So this was your 'who's name can't be taken'." He chuckled,focusing the light on my face.

"I didn't notice, I just searched outside."

"Hmm." The bird now jumped towards the balcony,relived. Alhamdulillah it didn't get hurt anywhere. It cooed for fee seconds and another bird flew here. It looked like they were chattering excitedly.

"Maybe it's friend." Alyan mumbled and I nodded.

After a minute of chattering,they flew away together.

We walked inside and closed the door.

I sat on the bed as he also sat beside me.

"You were so late today." I huffed.

"I'm sorry,just today was quite busy."

"Hmm. I just...just got a bit afraid."

"I'll try not to be too late, but no promise." He said as I smiled.

"No problem. A bird won't come and take my soul away every night."

"You surely took my ear away." He chuckled.

"You startled me. What was the need of suddenly touching me like that,in this situation?"

"I just thought to check why you were sleeping in this time." He shrugged.

"Now go and change. I'll get something to eat." I got up but he stopped me.

"No need,you sit here. Let the electricity come back."

"Aren't you hungry?"

"No,it's quite late. I'll straight have dinner."

"Okay." I sat back.

"You go." I looked at him as light fell on my face from his phone. He was looking at me weirdly. Something about his gaze made me feel...I don't know how to express that.

"What?" I raised my brows.

"Can't a man look at his wife?"

"He can,but that's weird coming from you."

"Weird?"

"Ye..yes."

"How's that weird?"

"Like...you...you..." His gaze was taking my words away. What's with him?

"Say that makes you nervous."

"No...doesn't...."

"Yes,it does." He smiled,touching my cheek with his thumb as it startled me a bit. I was feeling weird type of butterflies in my stomach.

"I told you." He smiled at my wondering gaze which were ignoring him.

I looked down as he pecked on my forehead. I shifted a bit,my nerves reacting weirdly. The comfortable silence and soothing environment of the room was not helping this nervousness.

I felt his lips on my right cheek and I stiffed a bit. He removed a strand of my hair from my cheek and looked into my eyes intensely as his dark eyes captured my gaze in the little light.

And he kissed me. His one hand held mine as I was shocked,totally. I could feel my cheeks heating up.

Just then,electricity graced us with its presence,startling us. Alyan looked at me for a second before looking away,flustered. I also looked here and there,not sure what to say.

"Uhh...I'll... I'll go and change." He quickly got up and walked away. I also silently went at the kitchen.

"Help me Allah." I mumbled slowly,not able to control my ever fool nerves.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Assalamualaikum ladies and gentlewomen.

Friday update. Hope that was worth your time.

Wattpad is nowadays testing my patience to the core as I'm having problems in every update. And what's funny is they themselves don't know why this is happening. So I'll suggest you all to please check if you missed any update(like missed notification) or not as it's not possible for me to understand if you did so. Let me know if you find any problem.

Press the beautiful star in the bottom left and make the star and author happy.

Allah Hafiz😺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

315K 4.8K 30
Imagines based off the television series The Walking Dead. I also take request which you can comment within the story.
425K 15.7K 192
Won Yoo-ha, a trainee unfairly deprived of the opportunity to appear on a survival program scheduled to hit the jackpot, became a failure of an idol...
4.4K 314 1
Happy Valentine day to everyone... It's simple one shot on Sandhir. Enjoy Thank you
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...