The Selection

Bởi fabulous-fangirl5647

His life is perfect on the surface, but behind those electric blue eyes, breathes a lonely and solitary perso... Xem Thêm

The First Meet
All because of Him
Day at the Village
Mr. Perfect and Miss Beauty Queen
Friendship
The Truth
Best day of My Life
The Announcement
Time to Say Goodbye
Wishes
The Plan
Author's Note
Return to the Village
First Day of the Selection
A Beautiful Night
Surprise
Happy Birthday Piper
The Huntress
Unpredictability
The letter
Author's Note to all the Fabulous Readers Out There
Love you, Sis
Reminiscing the Past
Keeping Something from Each Other
The Attack
Perfect
The Elite Starts Now
Question Of Trust
Unveiled
Never Let Go
Anxiety
Strange Connections
Life is Misdirecting
Someone You Loved
Tensions
All the Stars
A Beautiful Nightmare
Bro, I am gone!
To Stay Away
A New Member
Summer Love
The Grand Ball
Gotta be You
A New Surprise
Night to Remember
Tagged
Promise
A Good News and A Bad News
The Final Test
The War
Bruises
Sparky...
King and Queen of Illea
Goodbye

I Can't Get Her Off My Mind

322 6 16
Bởi fabulous-fangirl5647

Blonde Guy singing for another Blonde guy! This song is amazing!

Hey! I am back, I was too lazy to publish this chapter! But anyway, I did it now. I hope you like it. Do vote. Thanks for your reads. I will be publishing another chapter this week if I get time. 

Jason's POV

"Daddy!" Zoe runs towards her Dad but then halts. "You are late!" She groans, crossing her arms to her chest.

Percy comes to his knees.

"Oh, my princess is angry with me." He says, adorably. Zoe nods. He gets to his feet and lifts the little child.

"Well, then Granny has sent Dad's little princess some blue cookies. Would you like to eat them?" Percy brings a container out of nowhere. Zoe beams. But still, she doesn't sound convinced.

"Daddy got late because Granny was making special cookies for my princess." The tiny girl thinks for a while and then asks her father.

"Are you telling the truth?"

"Why would I lie to my princess!" Zoe hugs Percy. "I missed you, Daddy!" 

"I missed you too, Princess!" I see a glint in Percy's eyes when he embraces and kisses his little daughter.

"Now, go to your Uncle Jase. I need to make things up with your Mom." Zoe giggles and then jumps on the bed, running straight to me.

Meanwhile, Annabeth is standing in the doorway still. I can predict something bad is going to happen but let me tell you it is going to be fun.

Percy's silhouette makes its way towards Annabeth in slow motion. I can feel the tension between them. Annabeth crosses her arms over her chest speaking nothing.

As Percy reaches her, he kneels and brings out a small sea-green box with a blue ribbon (Has he become a magician?!)

"I am really sorry, Wise Girl!" He makes a puppy-dog face.

"Apology not accepted." Only Annabeth has the guts to resist Percy's cuteness at times. She turns to leave. But Percy clunches her wrist.

"Leave me, Percy!"

"If I say I won't." Percy retorts.

"Well, then, Mr King of Greece. Face the repercussions!" She steps on his feet and gets her hand free. Percy moans in pain. 

Annabeth tries to exit again. But The King has something else planned in his mind. He pulls her hair. Oh my! Now he is acting like a spoilt kid! This angers Annabeth. 

"You!" She chases him. Percy runs around the room, behind my bed, in front of the mirror and there, he goes inside the washroom. Poor Annabeth, her gown is not letting her run that fast. While pursuing him, her foot sprains and she whimper. 

"Wise Girl, just a little fast-" He spins to look at her. He tenses. He runs to her side to investigate and that's where he gets himself caught.

"Now you can't run from me!" The Queen of Greece pulls her husband's ear, painfully. "You are such a mess, Percy! You didn't bother to inform me that Greece was going to be attacked. I could have helped! It's my kingdom too. Do you even know how worried I got! I know you are notoriously unpunctual but this much careless! Not accepted! I -" Percy callously slips off Annabeth's grip making Zoe at my side giggle. She is very comfortably, sitting on my stomach. Well, I am enjoying it!

Perseus Jackson pulls his wife closer to his chest while she was complaining a lot. I am glad Piper is not like Annabeth or else I would have died already. Hey! What am I thinking! What has happened to me? Why am I thinking about her?  

I force myself back to reality. Percy's face changes. He becomes serious for the first time.

"I missed you, I missed you terribly, Annabeth!" She stops struggling. Percy leans closer to her. "I missed your beautiful smile, your intimidating yet gorgeous grey eyes, I missed your stunning curls." They are only a few millimetres away. This brings a flashback. I remember that night when I last sang for her, she looked so beautiful, we were so close to each other at that time. The way my heart was beating, the chills going through my spine, my eyes in hers, it felt so... Again! Why can't I get her off my mind!

I rub my eyes and see Zoe looking intently at her parents, who are up to something for sure. I cover her eyes but she resists.

"Hey Little One, you shouldn't see all this," I say.

"Jase, it happens every day at home!" She replies. No wonder she is Percabeth's daughter! I sigh.

"Hem...hem" I cough. They don't budge. I do it again. They remain unperturbed. Can they even hear me? I cough loudly this time. 

"Jase has caught a terrible cold!" Zoe shouts, concerned. This makes the lovebirds pull away, finally.

"Little One, I am fine." I smile at her, grateful to her. She puts her head on my chest, beaming like an angel.

"Hey mate!" Percy hugs me. "Have grown a lot. And what am I hearing you got yourself almost killed!"

"Well, you were also expected to die for a couple of reasons," I say, making him and Annabeth blush. "And about me, I just visited a Rebel Headquarter to get some info-"

"He went there to save, you know, his soulmate." Annabeth chimes in. She steps towards me. "I want to apologize, I didn't believe you-"

"No, Annabeth. I should ask for your pardon, I shouldn't have gone alone." I say.

"You are stealing my wife!" Percy says, pulling Annabeth towards her. 

"He is like my little brother. Moreover, he has already found love. And I am still mad at you. Tell me why it took you this long to come!" Annabeth narrows her eyes on him.

"I...umm..." Percy stammers.

"He won't tell you. But, no worry, I am here!" Someone declares. We avert our eyes towards the new arrival, except Percy, who is hesitant. My eyes well up to see her again but there is something wrong.

"Thalia, why are your clothes so dirty?" I ask.

"Kelp Head challenged to have a race to reach the castle. On our way, he diverted my mind and pushed me!"

"Seaweed Brain, why did you do that?" Annabeth turns to him.

"Annabeth, don't worry, it was for fun. I shoved him too. But he did it as he didn't want me to tell you why he is late." Thalia says.

"Thals, you have my word, please." Percy pleads.

"Brother, she deserves to know. Annabeth, the Rebels attacked a monument, which was specially designed by you as a marriage gift to Percy. The Temple of Goddess Athena. Let me tell you-"

"Thals, please," Percy begs.

"He hates Athena yet he spent his time after the Attack to mend it as it got severely damaged. Now, you know why he was behind time." Thalia says.

The Queen looks at her King and touches the ear she has just pulled. "Does it hurt?" She asks in a soothing voice.

"Yeah, a lot," Percy says like an offended kid.

"I am sorry, Seaweed Brain." Annabeth's eyes moisten.

"The apology will only be accepted if you take my gift." He gives Annabeth the sea-green box. She unties the ribbon to bring out a beautiful coral pendant. It has an owl with it too. They get lost in each other's eyes again.

Thalia stands by my side, seeing the whole scene. "I told the truth, this doesn't mean that you will start getting touchy here. You have a room for that!" She turns to me. "And you! What is this, Jason! I really don't like this. See, what you have made of yourself in my absence!"

"I know, look at him! The anxiety is taking off the handsomeness from my brother's face! No wonder, it's a girl." Percy leans closer to me. "Let me tell you, girls can be a big problem! I am an example."

"What did you say, Seaweed Brain!" Annabeth shouts from behind.

"Where is my Little Princess?" Percy asks aloud.

I look at the cute child on my chest, fast asleep. Percy takes her in his arms, keeping her close to himself. Annabeth's hand touches his shoulder and they look at their little daughter, smiling proudly. The sight of another adorable family kindles a new desire in me, melting my heart.

"Hey, this is not fair! Enjoying without me!" Nico enters the room, smiling, with his five-year-old. 

"Feels like a Perfect Family Reunion!" Percy says, excitedly. Nico hugs Percy.

"Says the one who misses only his wife and his daughter!" Thalia interrupts. "By the way, hello Neeks!"

"You haven't let go of that name yet!" Nico crosses his arms over his chest.

"Do you think I will ever? Advantage of being the eldest!" Thalia punches him, playfully.

"Hello, Uncle Perce!" Bianca greets.

"Hello, Princess Bianca! You have grown so much." Percy kneels to say.

"You have grown old too!" Bianca giggles.

"Hey, I am not old," Percy says with pretended offendedness. 

Bianca runs to Thalia. "Hello, Aunt Thalia!"

"Don't call me 'Aunt', Bianca! Call me Thalia, just Thalia."

"Ok, Just Thalia!" Bianca beams.

"Bianca, you are naughty! No wonder she stays with Will a lot." Thalia sigh. "But I like this Bianca a lot." She gives her a high-five and lifts her in her arms.

"Can anyone see me?" I ask.

"Oh, this is the second time I am seeing you on the bed and both the times because of the girl you love!" Nico complains.

"It's not her mistake, Nico! I was a fool to go alone." I say, downcasting my eyes.

"Seems like my youngest brother is in love!" Percy chimes in.

"Now, you too start teasing me..." I protest.

"No one is going to say anything to you." Nico hugs me. "I missed you, brother. Never do this again!" 

"Uncle Grace!" Bianca jumps from Thalia's arms to imitate her father, running towards me.

"Wait, Bianca!" Someone shouts. Will pulls his sleeve off to reveal a terrifying burn.

"Will!" Nico exclaims. We, all are shocked.

"Dad!" Tears fill Bianca's eyes. She ran to hug her father but Thalia stops him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What! There was poison on both of their bodies!" Annabeth covers her mouth in shock.

"Yes. I was just coming from Piper's room. Her wounds are quite deeper than yours, Jason. I felt a burning sensation in my arm and when I pulled my sleeve, I saw the same green colour as I found on both of your skins. I don't know if it spreads through physical contact but we can't take the risk. Did anyone touch Jason for a long time?" Will asks. Everyone's eyes land on the sleeping child in Percy's arms. 

"But Will, I was also with Piper, and you too were quite well. How did this happen suddenly? I am sorry but I don't believe this." Annabeth protests.

"Annabeth, it happened when you left the room. Maybe some chemical fell on my arms, but it can be the same poison. I have to do some tests to confirm."

"But that doesn't make sense! If the poison is infectious, then it can spread to all of us, we have touched Jason too." Percy chimes in, looking at her daughter.

Nostalgia pricks me. My family is sad and anxious because of me! I have taken the smiles from their faces. I am their culprit.

"Jason, you don't have to be guilty of this! It is not your fault. Everything is gonna be alright. Maybe, Annabeth is right. Everyone, I request you not to be afraid! I am sorry I startled you. Be optimistic. I hope that I am wrong!" 

"I am sorry, guys," I say, quietly.

"Hey, come on, it's not your mistake! Well, keeping this aside, tell me who is this girl you love? Is it the girl Will is talking about?" Percy tries to change the topic.

"Seaweed Brain, do you think he will tell you! He is too modest and shy and afraid." Annabeth interrupts.

"I am not afraid!" I say.

"Well, I must say his choice is actually nice. The girl is really resilient and strong. I talked to her, she has a nice voice." Will pitches in.

"I have met her too. At least she is better than the other delicate girls." Nico says, ignorantly.

"Usually, I hate Jason's choices. But this time, I am extremely satisfied!" Thalia winks at me.

"She is like my sister. We were friends before I got to Greece." Annabeth says.

"Are we talking about Piper? Zoe told me a lot about her. She is really adorable!" Bianca interrupts.

Percy is looking from one face to the other, trying to process the information in his mind. "Well, I really would  like to meet this girl who has stolen my family's heart, especially this person." He points at me. 

"Will someone listen to me?" I ask.

"No, because you will say that you don't love her. We are just friends. Blah, blah, blah!" Thalia snaps. "Your eyes are an open book. We know what do you feel about her." Thalia says, looking straight into my eyes. 

"So, Seaweed Brain, why not, you interview the girls tomorrow and find out who that girl really is. Since you already know her name, you will use surnames to address the girls!" Annabeth offers.

"Nice idea!" Will says. "But first, I have to take your blood samples!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All the people have left the room, except Will and me.

"Will, is she alright?" I had suppressed this question for a long time, not to set the tongues wagging. I really am worried. I know what I feel about her. But this is not the correct time to bring this topic up.

 "You don't have to worry! I have taken care of everything. She is fine. Well, she asked me about you. She wanted to meet you but you were unconscious for quite some time and that's why I didn't let her get to you." Will replies. I want to see her too. I want to meet, to say the things that stood unsaid between us, to undo the mistakes I did, to give her what she deserves. But I can't because I have some duties to fulfil.

"Piper was in a really bad condition, her scars were really deep and the wound on her arms and wrist were bleeding profusely. If Reyna wouldn't have brought you two on time, I don't know what would have happened." I broke my promise but Reyna kept hers, she came back. I will apologise to her when I get better. That would be my first task.

"Anyways, I found some scars on Piper's arms. She was in Rebel Headquarters. Obviously, they beat her. But why did you have the same scars on your arms?" Will asks me, suspiciously. "Are you hiding something?"

This makes me question the talk I had with her when she told me where she was. Was it actually real? Is there a link between us? Does something connect us? If yes, what is it?

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

12.6K 452 23
Meet Harley. A country girl born and raised in the back roads of Tennessee. Her life was easy, until one night her dad didn't come home. Mama drove a...
358K 9.8K 72
Zayn Malik Fanfiction "The baby's father is you" I said really fast closing my eyes hoping that when I open them he will not be ready to yell or hurt...
181K 5.9K 58
vampires are somthing I thought. ... well we humans never thought existed. "ever since war between humans and vampire's (which the vampires won of co...
383K 13.8K 45
*UNDER EDITING* Elisa Carams is a two from Hampton, a small, reserved state of Illèa. As a two, she is a part of the highest social elites, has prope...