Perfect Man | Taehyung [disco...

By sincerelytae

❝You make me wanna be a better man, darling.❞ The spark takes place when a girl is dragged to a birthday part... More

PREFACE
✦ ──── 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭
.·♡༄ 𝐜. 𝐚𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜
01 | fancy
02 | hypnotic
03 | strangers
04 | bizzare
05 | levitate
06 | stigma
07 | hope
08 | motive
09 | lovely
10 | singularity
11 | his
12 | dandelion
13 | heartbeat
14 | position
15 | lucky
16 | danger
17 | fragile
18 | crush
19 | fairytale
20 | liar
21 | redemption
22 | honey
23 | jealous
24 | attention
25 | dilemma
26 | classic
27 | haywire
28 | dystopia
29 | filth
30 | irresistable
31 | comfort
32 | hook
33 | unsaid
34 | traitor
35 | cruel
36 | reset
38 | inevitable
39 | unspoken
40 | limerence
41 | serendipity
42 | intrusion
43 | fantasy
44 | lost
45 | love-struck
46 | history
47 | pain
48 | tragedy
49 | bittersweet
50 | strawberries

37 | aftermath

470 39 14
By sincerelytae

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
CHAPTER 37
AFTERMATH
┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

T A E H Y U N G' S P O V

"MR. KIM, SOMEONE IS here to see you," My loyal secretary for three years, Min Yoongi suddenly requires, his head peeking slightly by the door.

I look up from my paperwork, shooting up an eyebrow before nodding firmly to let the person inside my office.

Straightening my posture, my eyes soon find a young familiar tall figure sliding through the door. Jungkook.

"Taehyung hyung!" he chimes, smiling charmingly like a gentleman.

A grin overpowering my features as I push myself off the chair to greet him.

"Jungkook, what brings you here?" I pull him for a hug, which he warmly retaliates with his bunny smile painted on his face.

After we pull away from the brief hug, he just smiles and wordlessly to take a seat on the sofa.

"Oh, I just wanted to visit you. It has been so long," he replies frankly, a pleasant smile plastered upon his lips. Truly, it has been ages since I've last seen him.

If I'm being honest, my life hasn't been that easy for the last three years. It was hard to adjust into the company and with everyone due to my accident a few years ago. I wasn't able to remember everything vividly and believed that I was married and inherited my father's company.

"It's really good to see you again. How are you, gguk?"

"Oh, you know, same old thing. Actually, I have a class in an hour," he glances at his handwatch as he continues, "So what's going on with you, hyung? Everything okay?"

"I'm good. How are your classes torturing you?" I tease, earning a groan from him.

"Trust me, you wouldn't want to know. Anyway, I'm not going to beat around the bush but uh.. are you guys really having a second child?"

My lips part in silence as I blink a few times before shaking my head. "No, I never touched her after my accident because I found out that she only wanted my money,"

Jungkook grimaces and hisses quietly as if he expected the words rolling off my tongue.

"I'm so sorry, hyung but why don't you get a divorce?"

"If I'm getting a divorce, then who's going to take care of Dohyun? I'm his father," I declare bitterly, biting my lip.

Everyday, I've been thinking about the same thing. I forced myself to love her but there was absolutely no spark. I should have gotten a divorce when I realised that she was after my money but I couldn't do that to my son.

"Did you recently remember anything from your past memories? Or perhaps.. anyone?" he asks in a curious tone.

I raise an eyebrow. "My memories are not fully recovered yet but hopefully, soon enough to remember everything. Why are you asking?"

"Uh, nothing. Oh, hyung! You know that my birthday is coming up, right?" he excitedly retorts and I nod with a smile. "I'm having a dinner with my family this weekend. I think you should come,"

"You got it! I'll be there," I click my tongue and offer him a thumbs up.

The corner of his mouth lifts upward. "I'm expecting your attendance, hyung,"

"Of course! So, should I bring something? Or maybe rent a girlfriend for you?"

"Ouch," he places his palm against his chest dramatically as his face contorts into an offensive expression.

I laugh at his reaction as he soon joins into the laughter that fills in the office room. We continue to talk for a while before he takes off for his class.

•••

"I'm home," I holler inside my house instantly to discern my presence after I unlock the front door.

As I walk further, I hear a soft, tiny voice shrieks and find my son, Dohyun stalking with his small legs to me.

I chuckle and bend down to pick him up into my arms before pecking his cheeks. "Hey, buddy,"

"Hi, papa!" he grins, tightening his grip around my neck.

"Have you eaten yet?" I pry his hair away from his eyes. "Papa brought a chocolate cake for you,"

His eyes glisten in happiness and glory after hearing my statement.

"Really?" he gasps and immediately searches for something on my figure to inspect any items.

In fact, on my left hand, I gesture a small box that contained chocolate cake to him as a prove. His smile grows wider and brighter than the sun.

"You're the best!" he says and I giggle before walking to the kitchen and putting him down to get the cake sliced.

After I saunter into the kitchen, a female figure catches my attention at the far counter as my lips suppress into a grim line.

She takes a short glance towards me before continues back with eating her food quietly. I thought she would ignore my presence as always but then she suddenly speaks up.

"Why are you so late today?" she flatly questions.

"None of your business," I rudely reply, reaching for a sharp knife to cut the cake in slice for Dohyun. "You don't even care so why bother asking?"

"Because I'm your wife,"

I roll my eyes instinctively at her words. "Stop talking. Dead skin cells are coming out of your mouth,"

Even if I'm not looking at her, I know she must be so furious but I'm too lazy to even care or bother about her feelings. She has been nothing but treats me horribly, so far from a wife that loves her husband. I couldn't comprehend the reason my parents arranged a marriage with someone like her.

"I care about you, Taehyung. And.. I'm thinking that we should have another baby together,"

I abruptly glance at her, my eyebrows furrowed. "So.. you were the one who made a report that you're pregnant. Why?"

"We have to convince them that we're in love," she inquires but I ignore her.

"Dohyun, do you want small or big piece?" I divert my eyes on him as he sits peacefully in a chair, eyes training on the chocolate cake.

"A lot, juseyo," he cutely replies as he stretches his short arms in the air to express his words.

I chuckle, slicing a big portion before handing him a spoon. "Here you go, buddy,"

"Thank you, papa!"

From the corner of my eye, I realised Haera comes forward and strokes my bicep in a sensual manner.

I halt her movement and yank her hand away, narrowing my eyes at her furiously. "What are you doing?"

"I want you to love me. Why can't you just love me?" she mutters as she sighs heavily.

"How am I supposed to love you when you've never treated me like your husband?"

Her eyes shutting close briefly before she snaps them open. "I'm sorry but please, I can be better. I can change to be a better wife for you,"

"I don't expect anything from you. You're married to me because of my money,"

"Who told you that?" she questions as her eyes softened.

"No one because your actions speak louder than words. You spend a lot of my money, Haera. Do I look like a bank to you?"

I could see the agitation in her features, slowly shaking up her emotions. "It's up to you if you believe me or not but I truly care about you,"

She looks at me for the last time with unconvincing eyes before she turns her heels away from the table and up the stairs. What a joke.

•••

It is finally Saturday. A weekend that I'm looking forward to celebrate Jungkook's birthday. I even bargained a tailor to prepare a black suit and tie to make myself to appear presentable— just for this occasion.

The birthday dinner takes place at a holiday inn, where I have decided to bring Dohyun along.

With Dohyun's tiny grip against my palm, I guide both of us into the building. Jungkook had previously told me that the main hall was on the second floor so I decided to use the elevator.

After finding the lift beside the lobby, my eyes train on a little girl in the corner of the secluded area. It sounds like she is crying softly with her head surrounded by both of her arms.

I grow worry and quickly saunter to her with Dohyun. Bending down on one knee, I pat her curly hair, resulting her to lift her head, her eyes gazing into mine.

Her lips quiver slightly as tears are flowing down her flushed, scarlet cheeks.

"Hey, sweet girl. Why are you crying?"

A single tear then stream down as she speaks, "I- I can't find mummy,"

Before I could say anything, a female voice is heard from behind with worrisome laces in her voice.

"Eunbyul! Sweetheart, I've been looking everywhere for you,"

I whip my head around, only to find a beautiful woman rushing to our direction. She seems oddly familiar.

Unknowingly, a soft smile tugs upward on my lips but then, my head turns dizzy like an alarming vision as if something triggers my brain waves.

A blurry of sudden memories flashing across my mind as I wince upon the unbearable pain, almost stumbling on the ground.

As soft as a wind, I could hear the same voice of the woman whispers in utter confusion.

"T-Taehyung?"

•••

A/N: Hello! I am terribly sorry for late update. I've been dealing with personal stuff but here you go! Thank you again for your support and love for this fanfic <3 I truly mean it from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for your patience! I hope you enjoy this cliffhanger(?) and stay tuned for upcoming chapter! I love you guys xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.2K 1.3K 83
"I dare you to kiss me..." A story of love and lust between Jimin, Jungkook, Taehyung, and Ara - the woman of their dreams. Contains: -Fluff 🥰 -Ang...
128K 3.5K 34
They decided to keep their relationship from the world and the media. What will be the outcome? Read to find out ‼️I DO NOT own any pictures /gifs...
131K 3.4K 47
Members of International Boy-band BTS, Taehyung and Jungkook have come a long way in their relationship. They have overcome many hardships. They have...
1.9M 81.7K 50
Taehyung, a poor boy who was abused by his father and lost all of his desires to live but, fate decided something else for him when he met someone wh...