Magical Merpeople

By KyssaraSnowheart

In an attempt to find the Grangers, raise a baby and get away from the spotlight of being two thirds of the G... More

Prologue
Planning Before Departure
Departure
Settling
About Mako Island and Strange Girls
Mako's Moon Pool
From Magicals to Magical Merpeople
Research and Exposure
Talks and Knowing One Another
Ms. Chatham's Knowledge
Exploring and News
A Magical Mer's Hectic Every Day
Trust
Skirmish Under the Full Moon
Explanation
Discovery
Complication
A Lead
Trouble On The Horizon
Moon Stones
Omake: Hogwarts Adventures (Year One)
A Visit to Gringotts
A Day in the Australian Magical District
Angered Mers
Potion Making and Ideas

Preparations and...Death Eaters? In Australia?

707 37 2
By KyssaraSnowheart

It was the day before the full moon, and an odd group could be found walking down the beach, staying away from the water.

Said group in question came to a stop before one of the boys spoke.

"Between out attempt to have you trusts us and us trust you, we forgot to tell you about the full moon!" Lewis exclaims as he turns to Harry and Hermione with a frantic look.

"What about the full moon?" Harry asks as he turns to Hermione in confusion. She only shrugs and turns to Lewis for an explanation.

"Every one of the girls here were exposed to the full moon and were put under some sort of moon spell. Each time, something weird happens." Lewis explains and turns to the girls for them to explain.

Emma sighs and goes first. "After we were turned I was the first to be moonstruck. Cleo had encountered Ms. Chatham, who had warned her to stay away from the water and to avoid looking directly or at the reflection of the full moon. We didn't listen, thinking that she was...well not right in the head. That night was my father's birthday and I had planned everything, but when the guests arrived and the moon was up, I was in the bathroom and saw the moon and touched the water in the sink.

"The next thing I knew, I was waking up on a table at the JuiceNet with no recollection of what had happened after being moonstruck." Emma explains with a blush and not meeting anyone in the eye.

Hermione turned to the other girls and rose a brow in question, to which Cleo answered. "She turned from strict and by the book Emma to disobedient and rebellious. She also went for a swim and wanted to take us to Mako with her, but the scariest part was that when we got her out of the water and dried her, she wouldn't change back to human. It wasn't until the full moon passed that she returned to normal." Cleo tells them before rubbing the back of her neck, "next to be moonstruck was me, and it felt like the full moon that time was for me specifically.

"The day before we were in the JuiceNet and it was karaoke day and after a classmate of ours finished singing, she heard Rikki say she wasn't that good and that I could do better. She heard that and got the entire cafe rooting and demanding I sing..."

"I take it it didn't go well?" Harry asks after a long pause.

"I can't sing so no. The night of the full moon, we all stayed in my house and had movies and karaoke. The moon was rising and I wasn't fast enough to avoid the moon's reflection and soon touched water. Like Emma, I don't remember all that happened but apparently I turned into a Siren from the myths. I could sing and my singing caught the attention of every boy nearby and put them in a sort of trance, as if they were mesmerized by me and when the moon set, my voice and attitude returned to normal."

"Yeah...but we later found out that you had called a radio station that night." Rikki says with a laugh, causing Cleo to blush along with Lewis. Harry rose an eyebrow at that. 'Seems there's some history there.'

Finally, it was Rikki's turn.

"My experience with the full moon was...volatile." Rikki says as she crosses her arms, Zane moving to stand beside her and hold her. "Mine was an accident. We were staying at Emma's and every window was sealed to not let any moonlight in, but I saw the reflection of the moon in my glass of water and when water from the freezer touched me... that's when my powers started to go awry.

"I came to my sense being in the Moon Pool. Cleo and Emma found me in the woods before taking me there to cool me down, but my powers only made the water hotter and hotter. Thankfully the moon set and I was in control again."

"How did you get to Mako in the first place?" Hermione asks her only for her to turn to the others.

"She was complaining about being too hot and then we started noticing the heat as well. Emma basically accused her of doing it on purpose until we realized her hands were wet. Stuff started exploding around us and she ran out, jumping into the sea." Cleo says and Emma picks up.

"We found her on Mako, along with Zane who was passed out and looked like he had a really bad sunburn. Rikki was surrounded by fire and scorched patches, blaming herself for causing pain. How...how she'd rather push us away than hurt us, intentionally or not," Emma says as they hug Rikki, not in pity but reassurance.

Hermione glanced towards Harry at her words.

Harry stared at Rikki, remembering when he at one time tried to do the same. Tried to leave his friends behind so as to keep them safe, not wanting them to be in danger because of him. To die for him.

"Your friends are the reason you fight for them."

Harry's words caught everyone's attention. "You have something worth fighting for when you have friends. They will be there for you, lift you up when you're down and fight with you. Just as you protect them, they will protect you."

All bar Hermione gave him awed looks. He turns to Hermione and smiles, "and of course will keep you in line or be with you when you cause trouble." He laughs at Hermione pouts but she starts to laugh as well.

For their part, Cleo, Rikki, Emma, Zane and Lewis looked at the pair or more specifically at Harry. No one missed how he spoke those words with conviction. As if he had gone through it personally.

"So avoid the full moon and getting wet at all cost unless we find ourselves in a dangerous or humiliating situation. Got it." Hermione says, breaking them from their shock looks.

"Maybe we should all stay together?" Cleo proposes, only to have incredulous looks sent her way. "What? It's the safest option."

"That may be the case, but none of us have the space in our homes to house them and Lewis, even if he does camp outside."

"You do Emma! We had that slumber party last year." Rikki exclaims as if by stroke of genius.

"That's because it's a tradition of sorts. They were all part of the swimming team I was in and classmates. Now there's no point since most of them have moved on with new people and team members, and you know my parents won't let a boy stay. No matter if he's the only one." Emma counters and dashes Rikki's idea.

She however, was not one to give up so easily and then turned to Harry and Hermione. The look she gave them put both on edge.

"What about your place?"

Before Harry could refuse, a hand on his arm stopped him. "We would have to discuss it not just with one another but also with his son's grandmother," she finishes by giving Harry a look and letting his arm go. "For now, we should go home. Talk this out and plan, sound good?"

"Sure. You already have our phone numbers. Just call one of us and we will relay the message." Cleo says and both magicals nod before walking in the direction they came from.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You really think it's a good idea Hermione? I'm not against it sure, but at the same time we have to be even more careful. Especially with Teddy," Andromeda says as she cooks some stew for everyone while Teddy was in the playroom with his toys and drawings.

"I see your point Andy, but at the same time it would be best. Our house is more secured than any of theirs and we can hide the moving pictures easily or charm them to look like Muggle ones. As for Teddy...I didn't think that far but he does know to be careful around Muggles." Hermione says as she helps set up the table, Harry standing by the doorway, keeping quiet.

"Like I said Hermione, I have no problem."

"Great! I can give them a call and let them know!" Hermione exclaims as she finishes setting the table and heading out to make the call.

"She's persistent all right, do you need any help Andy?"

"I have something to tell you..." her tone made Harry look at with a worried frowns before standing straight and she continued. "Today while shopping, I felt as if someone was following me and it set me on edge. Teddy must've felt something because he started to growl and look around.

"I decided to continue and act like nothing was bothering me, but as I decided to leave the store, I think I caught a glimpse of Dolohov."

Harry's eyes widen and then his fist clenched in rage.

Antonin Dolohov was among Voldemort's most trusted Death Eaters and part of the Inner Circle. He was part of the ambush party in the Department of Mysteries Battle and the one responsible for Hermione's scar and near death. The curse he used was still unknown to the Healers.

After the Final Battle he was presumed dead until sightings of him reached the Aurors. Harry's frustration had grown every time the trail led to dead ends and went cold. It was later confirmed Dolohov was not alone in his efforts to avoid the Aurors and flee the country.

"Harry...I believe he wasn't alone."

"Fuck!" He exclaimed as he started to pace in the dinning area. His anger so visible that items started to shake and any water nearby started to either float or freeze. He could only hope that nothing happened during the full moon tomorrow.

He should've known that the Potter luck would strike on that very night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry waited by the JuiceNet, since he had volunteered in leading the girls plus Lewis to his house. However, now that he knew there Death Eaters about, he was on edge and always alert. Looking at everyone that came in and left the local, keeping tabs to see if anyone would notice him or if it was the same person after a period of time.

His magic seemed to be aware of the possibility of a threat and surrounded him just beneath the skin.

Finally he spies the girls in bikes with bags on their backs looking for him.

Walking towards them, Rikki was the one to notice his off demeanor. "What's got your panties in a twist?" To her surprise, he didn't try to hide it or joke. He simply looked at each of them and then around again before taking a breath as if to calm down.

"Sorry about that. I've been feeling a little...stressed you could say."

Emma stepped forward and put a hand on his shoulder. No one missed how he tensed for a second before relaxing. "Don't worry Harry, neither you or Hermione have to go through the full moon alone."

"And if by some odd chance any of us do get moonstruck, Lewis will be there to help," Cleo says and said boy nods.

Harry chuckles and heads to his bike, "don't forget that someone else will be there to help, and that person is my godson's grandmother. Just follow me, we have a bit of cycling to do." With that he set off, the others followed soon after.

Little did any of them know, the moon wasn't going to be their only concern.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a thirty minute bike ride, the odd group arrive at the house.

While Harry had no problem walking up to the garage, the rest of the group could only stare in awe and surprise that Harry was the one that lived here.

Harry finally noticed that the others weren't walking with him and turned to find out what was wrong. "Something the matter?"

"Harry...do you really live here or is this just for show?" Emma asks as she turns from the house to look at him.

"No joke. This is where I and the others live. Come on then." He motions and walks in, leaving the door open for them. After another moment's hesitation they all walk in and look around. Hermione and Andromeda had made sure to lock the library along with the potions lab outside to keep them from walking into them even by accident. All the pictures were frozen to look like Muggle ones and Teddy had been told to not show his abilities in front of them. However, by the time Hermione had told Emma they could stay here, she had remembered that Teddy would be a bit fuzzy due to the full moon.

"Gotta say Harry, this place is awesome." Rikki says as she takes in the open living room and dining area.

"You have your own beach!" Cleo exclaims as she walks to the backdoor.

"Not quite. The beach isn't private per say, just enough that you can only get to it if you walk a ways or are invited." Harry explains, his hands in his pockets. Just then, footsteps could be heard and he turns to the sound. "Hi Andy, has Teddy settled?"

"Only just, but you and I both know it won't last long," the new woman says as she comes down the final step with a tired look before she turns to the group and smiles. "Everyone, this is Andromeda Tonks. Teddy's grandmother. Andy, these are Cleo Sertori, Rikki Chadwick, Emma Gilbert and Lewis McCartney."

"It's nice to meet you all, and don't worry. I'll be out of your entertainment when it gets dark." Andromeda tells them and turns towards the kitchen, "I made some sandwiches and fruit salad for you all, they are in the fridge. Any other junk food is in the pantry," and she leaves.

"Does she know about us?" Cleo asks in worry.

"No. Only that you can help if something happens during the full moon." 'Not like Andy couldn't handle us.'

"Why not?" Cleo inquires to which Harry shrugs.

"It's not my secret to tell. Now, there's a bathroom just before the kitchen. Shower, bath and all, towels are under the sink and there's also a basket for dirty clothes. No arguing, any dirty clothes we will wash." Harry says and shows them the bathroom. "I would have suggested the guest bedroom but figured staying together was the best option, so Andy bought some air mattresses for you."

"That's very thoughtful of her...maybe we should tell her." Emma says, earning a bewildered look from both Lewis and Rikki.

"Are you mad?! She may be nice sure, but we don't know her!" Rikki whisper shouts.

"I'm with Rikki this time Emma. We can't just go and tell a total stranger 'by the way, my friends and I -- bar Lewis -- are mermaids as well and can help Harry and Hermione.'"

"That's just it! She's the only adult besides Ms. Chatham that knows about merpeople because of Harry and Hermione and hasn't freaked out or turned them in to be experimented on. Think about it, an adult that could help us!" Emma points out.

"Emma has a point guys. Sure she may not be a mermaid;"

'Oh she's something else entirely Cleo,' Harry says to himself.

"But having an adult in the know could help us. Even you have to admit keeping our secret gets annoying and hard. There's been moments when I just want to explode and tell my dad!" Cleo continues.

Harry remains quiet, listening as they argue and make good argument among one another. Though Andromeda already knew about them after they themselves figured it out, it would show that they're started to trust Hermione and him.

Finally they turned to him and Emma speaks. "Harry could you call Mrs. Tonks? We want to show her."

A/N: Who can relate to the image I used in the beginning?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

806 128 24
*warning* It's a bit slow at first but it will get interesting soon. What if Harry had a twin sister but didn't know? What if his twin was saved only...
30 0 7
"Unveil the secrets of Hogwarts, A Half-demon, wholly mysterious, Ruelle discovers her destiny entwined with Harry Potter's amidst a realm cloaked in...
680 81 18
Life couldn't be better for Ria. Hogwarts seemd to be the key that unlocked every good thing for her. But Mysteries are on the brew even befor the fo...
61.6K 1.8K 40
Cleo, Rikki, Bella, and Emma are going through some changes. They can speak with sea creatures, are getting new powers, different tail colors, and n...