Treasure

Od CapSwanJones

The beloved Princess Emma had just turned 18 and was about to go on her first adventure to visit her kingdom'... Viac

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89

Chapter 55

147 7 3
Od CapSwanJones

Two days later... 

Emma and Smee slowly made their way down to the deepest and darkest part of the ship with a tray of fish and bread for the young man who saved her. Killian wasn't too fond of her going down to talk to the prisoner, he knew it was a dangerous game. Once you start to know someone you feel pity for them, no matter how vile they might be. However, he knew it would be no good to stop her. She would only revolt and do it behind his back. They made an agreement that either he or the first mate accompany her and she spends no more than ten minutes there at a time. Emma, of course, was very crafty and made good use of those ten minutes. She would serve him breakfast, talk for ten minutes, then leave. In an hour she would come back to retrieve his empty tray and talk for another ten minutes. The same applied for all the following meals.

The princess had discovered his name was Jamie. He was only a year younger than her, making him 18. Jamie grew up very poor and lost his parents a few years prior. He had no love for King George but the king had given him a life at his palace for free and he was no fool to pass up that opportunity in his time of need. He admitted to trying to save the princess when he saw she was in danger, he confided that he felt she was innocent and not one of the dreaded pirates...

"Jamie?" The princess called out as Smee lit a nearby lantern for light.

"I'm still here Miss Emma, reading the same book you brought me a few days prior." The man with dark hair laughed out.

She smiled at his smart comment, "I brought you some breakfast. It's not much but it should get you through until your trial today."

Jamie accepted the meal, feeling famished, "I suppose I should start saying my farewells in these ten minutes." He laughed weakly.

Emma looked down, frowning her face. He was so young, so innocent. She wondered if this is how she appeared to others. He came off as a boy, not even a man at times. Someone who seemed to barely care for themselves, let alone someone else. She was sure that was how Killian saw her at times, given she was 18 when she first boarded the Jolly Roger. It amazed her how much could happen in a year. Last year she was this boy and she was sure her appearance hadn't changed much. Then she remembered Killian was only three years older than her. He was 22, a real man now, but surely he looked like a child to his older crewmates. The captain and the princess were the youngling on the ship but held the most authority, then it hit her...

"Maybe I can convince him to let you be part of the crew..." She said aloud.

"I'm sure my fate is much worse, especially given the captain." Jamie laughed out as he swallowed some bread.

"No. He's much kinder than people give him credit for." She responded lost in thought, "Besides, you're innocent. He can't kill you if you're innocent."

He continued to chew on a piece of bread, "If your captain does spare me, what makes you think he'll just let me be part of the crew?"

"His men are much older, close to wanting to retire. He'll need younger men sooner or later." She responded quickly.

Jamie didn't respond, most likely thinking over the princess's plan. She had a point. His small crew was aging, many talked of retirement after this journey. Many said they regretted not retiring sooner. He would need a crew to help maintain the ship, it was already proven by how much he struggled on his way to Neal's kingdom. And if Emma put that idea in his head, there would be hope.

"Swan!" A deep accented voice called out from the stairs.

Mr. Smee quickly rushed over to the princess gently tugging at her arm in an effort to make her move, "It seems the captain thinks your ten minutes are up. We must hurry before he comes down here." He urged.

The princess knew the trusty first mate was right. Killian's wrath only got worse and worse and she wouldn't dare upset him when she needed to persuade him of something this important. She took one last look at Jamie. The dirt covering his face couldn't hide his shining blue eyes, his dark brown hair a mess from restless days and night. She thought he looked like a younger version of Killian, except without all the stubble. Maybe that's why her heart ached for the boy so much, maybe it was because they were close in age, maybe it was because she was raised to see the best in people...

Once above deck Emma was greeted by Killian with his typical frown, "I thought I made myself clear, only ten minutes."

"It seemed like we got much less than ten minutes if you ask me." She responded sourly.

The captain clenched his jaw, "You know I don't want you down there, just be glad he hasn't been fish bait yet." He said before walking away.

Emma followed quickly behind, "I have a request."

Killian stopped in his tracks and turned around. He could never deny her anything, but he felt this would be an exception, "What is it you desire, love?"

"Jamie, the prisoner, if you find him innocent you should offer him a chance to be part of your crew." She responded, standing tall and strong.

He took a good look at the princess. She really did believe this man was innocent, but he knew what he saw. He saw that boy throw her off the ship and into the ocean. That was not something he could easily forgive. In fact, he was surprised he hadn't killed him just for even laying a hand on her. Emma's request was a foolish one in his mind. "Swan, why would I do that? I have plenty of crew and after this trip I'm sure you'll be staying home. We don't need any more mouths to feed."

Emma knew what his response would be and like a princess, she already had a solution in mind, "All valid points, but what if we did start sailing again after our return? Wouldn't it be nice to have younger men who are willing to work? Men not ready to retire?"

The captain knew she had a point, his men were aging quickly, ready to wind down and enjoy life. They started to take longer to do their task than he had hoped. If he did continue his seafaring life, he would need reliable men, men who wanted to work... On the other hand, he liked his older men. They listened to him, respected him. Having younger crew members only meant more chances for mutiny, more idiotic boys getting drunk and unable to control themselves. More people to teach how to fight and act like pirates. He would have to learn to trust a whole new group of people. No, he didn't want that, but he decided to indulge her idea anyway, "Alright, if I do find him innocent, I will offer him a deckhand position."

The princess rushed up to him and hugged his torso tightly, "Thank you." She whispered.

He hugged her back with a slight smile on his face, not believing what he had just agreed to. Something about Jamie didn't sit right with him, but he more than trusted Emma... "Why don't we just start this trial now then?"

Emma pulled away, "Are you certain?"

"Aye." He responded calmly while rubbing her back, "Mr. Smee, go fetch the prisoner!"

The short man with a red cap quickly followed orders, heading back down to the brig, and after a few short minutes, he and Jamie returned above deck. A few crew members standing by pushed Jamie onto his knees and let out a laugh.

The captain took in the prisoner's appearance, his clothes shredded, hair a mess and he wreaked of fish. He began to feel pity for Jamie. Killian knew what it was like to be in his position, a boy with nothing in the world but the clothes on his back. However, he quickly shook those thoughts from his head. This boy pushed Emma overboard, he was sure of it, and he would not ignore his gut feeling. Not this time. He leaned close to Jamie's face and calmly whispered, "I'm going to give you one chance to explain yourself. If I don't like what you say, you'll be back in that sea. Understood?"

Jamie swallowed hard and nodded his head slowly.

"Speak." Killian ordered as he backed away from the prisoner.

Jamie took a quick glance at the princess and smiled. Emma smiled in return, "I was below deck when all the composition began." He explained, "I rushed above deck to see what was happening and I saw Miss Emma in trouble." He continued on smiling at Emma.

Killian noticed his flirtatious glances at his princess and stepped in front of her, blocking Jamie's view, "Get on with it, we haven't got all day." The captain demanded coldly.

The prisoner's face straightened, "I had no weapon. I did the first thing I could think of- to push her out of the way, unfortunately, my actions tossed us both overboard. I did my best to keep us both afloat but the waves were too strong."

Emma stepped forward, "It's true."

The captain gave the princess a quick glance and she knew that was her cue to remain silent.

Killian walked around the prisoner as if he was determining his worth and then stopped once he reached the boy's face again, "And why should I believe anything you say?"

"I have nothing but my word." Jamie admitted, "All I ask is for a chance to prove myself. I'll do as you ask, I'll leave the ship if you wish." He pleaded, "I promise my intentions were never to harm Miss Emma."

Everyone on deck remained silent. The only sound was the crashing of the waves against the Jolly Roger. Killian looked up at his love who had pleading eyes. She wanted to save this boy, she wanted to save everyone, and he wanted to grant her every wish... But he couldn't shake this feeling in the pit of his stomach. Jamie was hiding something and he couldn't figure out what it was. His instincts weren't enough to throw him overboard, even if it was his ship. He had a code and he had Emma always over his shoulder making sure he did the right thing.

Killian rubbed his head, trying to decide what to do, "As of now I reserve judgment and judgment only." He quickly said before he could change his mind. "You have one week to prove yourself, until then you can stay on my ship as long as you obey everything I say, understood?"

Jamie quickly nodded his head, eager to hear more.

"I want you in my sight at all times, if you need to go somewhere else you clear it with me. You will be accompanied by one of my men when I cannot watch you. You will reside in your cell until I feel you have earned a place in the crew quarters." The captain announced as he paced back and forth, "If you do anything I do not like, you will be off my ship immediately."

The boy's face lit up, "Thank you, sir- captain, I will prove myself, I'll do everything you ask and-"

"Lastly you will stay away from Emma." Killian interrupted with a straight face, causing Jamie's smile to disappear.

Emma quickly grabbed her pirate's arm, making him look at her, "Is that really necessary?" She whispered angrily.

He turned back around, ignoring her question, "Everyone get back to work!" he yelled, "Smee take the prisoner down to the galley to help Sebastian."

Everyone quickly dispersed as asked, leaving the troubled couple alone.

"Killian." The princess called out, irritated.

He closed his eyes, trying to compose himself as he prepared for another argument, "What is it, love?" He asked, turning around.

"Was all that really necessary?" She asked with a stern tone.

"Aye." He responded with the same tone, "I did as you asked. I reserved judgment, I gave him a chance."

"I appreciate that, I really do." She said, placing a hand on his arm, "But was it really necessary for you to keep him away from me?"

Killian looked her dead in the eyes, concern filling his voice, "Something about him doesn't sit right with me."

"I can take care of myself." Emma responded.

"I know you can, love." He said with a reassuring nod, "I just don't like the way he looks at you. There's something... dark in his eyes."

"Now is not the time to be jealous." She responded with an eye roll.

"I'm not jealous." The captain responded irritated, "He's planning something, I can see it in his eyes."

The princess crossed her arms, "And I suppose you know this from all the dark deeds you've done."

Killian stared at her with a straight face, in disbelief of how little she was trusting him in this situation, "Aye. You'd be wise to heed my warning."

Emma let out a breath of defeat like a child, not knowing what else she could say, "You're treating me like my father used to."

He let out a small laugh. Never once had he considered himself a father, and never once had he been this protective over someone else. "Well, we both love you very much."

His calmness came to a surprise, "Could you love me a little less?" She responded with a laugh.

Killian pulled her in for a hug, "I'm afraid it's impossible not to love you."

She looked up at him, no longer feeling as mad, "You kind of sound like him too when you're ordering everyone around." She laughed.

He echoed her laughter, "Next you're going to say I remind you of your mother, sparing people's lives and all."

She let out another laugh. His smile warmed her heart and his embrace eased her mind. She let her anger slip away. It would be only one week that these rules would be in place, and life on the sea made the time go by quicker. Soon enough she and Jamie would be able to talk again, she was sure of it. They would be making port in a few days and she knew Killian would be the one on babysitting duty, making it easy for her to tag along. Emma decided to let the captain have his way on this situation, she would prove him wrong. Jamie was innocent and only time would reveal that.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

31K 1.9K 32
CaptainSwan, set in the real world. Emma Swan and Killian Jones grew up in the same foster system together. They'd both been there nearly their entir...
55.9K 2.7K 22
After her ship faces a dreadful storm, Princess Emma is rescued by a group of pirates led by Killian Jones. With hate standing between them, Emma ac...
6.4K 409 16
Emma once was a princess, a long time ago. That was 3 years ago. She is now 21 and lives aboard the Jolly Roger as a pirate with Captain Hook and hi...
14K 664 30
°•A Captain Swan Fanfiction/Alternate Universe/Short Story•° Princess Emma was born and raised in the Enchanted Forest. She has been taught to be a h...