Treasure

By CapSwanJones

The beloved Princess Emma had just turned 18 and was about to go on her first adventure to visit her kingdom'... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89

Chapter 54

415 9 3
By CapSwanJones

Still aboard King George's trading ship...

Killian shoved his trusty sword through his competitor, watching him fall to the ground. He hated these men, he hated King George. This was the king that sent him and his brother to that dreaded island, Neverland, to collect dreamshade. He was the reason his brother was dead. He was the reason he turned to piracy. Killian swore to kill anyone who worked for King George, kill anyone who had a love for the dreadful king. He swore to raise hell in any kingdom that befriended that king. He swore to kill his closest ally, King Midas, to hell with him and his gold. No amount of treasure could bring his brother back. King George killed the only family he had left, the only other person who understood him, the only person who felt the pain of abandonment as he did. He wanted that king dead. Today only added fuel to that fire. This very day was the day his brother died in his arms, leaving him alone in the world...

The captain turned around, ready to end another life, instead, he saw a woman with blond hair aboard the ship surrounded by many royal guards... His Emma. Damn that woman, too stubborn for her own good. Before he could even think, he saw a thin boy attack her, taking them both overboard. Instinctively he called out to her. A rush of emotions came over him. This was his fault. He should have just left the ship be, he should have been kinder to her that morning. He should have told her how much he loved her every second of every day... Killian knew better than anyone how unforgiving the sea could be, and he was not about to lose the one person he truly cared about, not again. Not on the same day he lost his brother, not to the same vile king.

He jumped in after Emma without a second thought. With a few seconds of searching, he found her and quickly swam over to her. He took her in his arms and called out her name. It was no use, she was taking in water and was slowly going out of consciousness. Above deck, his crew finished off the last of the royal guards and found a nearby rope to pull Emma and him up.

He laid her on deck, trying to hide his emotions from the crew. Despite how strong he tried to remain, it didn't stop him from feeling his heart shattering into pieces. "Emma..." He whispered as he gently shook her arm, "Wake up, love." His voice cracked, "Swan... please you can't leave me, not like this, not today."

Emma shot up, coughing out salty water. She gasped for air, vowing to never take another breath for granted. Killian rubbed her back, giving her enough space to catch her breath. "The boy..." She choked out.

"No need to worry, the sea will take care of him." Killian responded.

The princess's eyes widened, "No! You have to go get him!"

The captain was confused, "He tried to kill you."

"No!" Emma shook her head, standing up. "He tried to save me, we have to go get him." She insisted, walking over to the side of the ship.

The crew quickly dispersed, knowing this was not a place for them. Killian grabbed her arm, "He threw you into the sea, I'm not quite seeing how he saved you!" He raised his voice.

"If you won't save him I will." She said, turning around to face the captain. "The Killian Jones I know would do what is right and save him."

For some reason, that comment set him on fire. Why should he save a man who worked for King George? Why save a man who threw his love into the sea? Killian Jones was no man of honor and he just proved that by killing a ship full of royal men, the Killian Jones she claimed to know disappeared when it came to avenging his brother. "I am still the same Killian. You just briefly distracted me from the man I want to be."

Tears formed in Emma's eyes, not that anyone could tell given that she was soaking wet... "If you want to be a man who kills innocent people for no reason, then you're no man at all. You're a monster." She turned around and headed to the side of the royal ship.

That sentence hit Killian hard... him, a monster? That was everything he never wanted Emma to think of him as, and here he was being that awful man he tried so hard not to be. He knew his brother would not be proud of him and now neither was his princess. "Emma wait!" He called out, "Perhaps you're right... I'll have my men fetch him and bring him on the Jolly Roger. Let's just get you out of those clothes before you fall ill."

After seeing that some of the crew retrieved the boy from the sea, Emma obliged and boarded the Jolly Roger and headed to the captain's quarters with Killian. He informed her on the way down the boy would be placed in a cell until the time came to question him and his actions. All she could do was nod, it was far better than leaving him out to sea to die.

The princess was once again in the captain's signature black shirt, her hair soaking wet and body cold to the touch. Killian had tried to place his heavy jacket on her to stay warm, but she refused. The two sat on the bed next to each other for a long time. Both lost in thought of how awful this day has been. Finally ready to break the silence, Emma spoke, "Why did you do it? Why did you have to attack the ship and kill everyone?"

Killian stood up, leaving their small room "Because we're pirates. That's what we do."

Emma followed him, not pleased with his response. "I know you're lying to me. I know that's not who you are, not anymore."

He ignored her remark, not wanting to tell her the real reason why he did what he did. It wouldn't justify anything. He made his way over to his desk to find his small wooden box. The box he kept his memories of his brother, Liam, in. He was sure he placed it in its usual spot, the self above the desk... he figured Emma must have removed it and he grew angry once more, "This box. You touched it." He said gritting his teeth.

"I didn't open it..." She responded looking down.

"That's not the bloody point!" He shouted at her, "You can't just come into my cabin and touch anything you bloody please!"

"Our cabin." Tears formed in Emma's eyes, "I know you must have a good reason for being this upset, but do not take it out on me. I am not a prisoner on your ship, not anymore."

"You're right you're not, but that still doesn't give you permission to touch whatever you please!" He spat back, "Never once have I touched anything of yours!"

He was right. Never once had he invaded her personal space, nor even thought about it. Here she was talking about honor and honesty, she was no better than him. "I'm sorry" was all she managed to say.

Killian took a deep breath. What was happening to them? They used to be so happy, used to tell each other everything, used to trust each other endlessly... Perhaps this was his chance to rebuild their broken relationship. "That ship belonged to a treacherous king that killed my brother."

Emma stood there trying to comprehend everything. She knew little of Killian's brother, other than that his name was Liam, he was a few years older than Killian and he died on a mission from a king... "King George killed your brother..." She whispered.

"Aye." he responded, looking down at the wooden box, "My brother trusted him more than anything and that king betrayed him, betrayed us all."

The princess walked over to her pirate and placed a comforting hand on his arm, "I'm terribly sorry about your brother and I know how evil this king can be, but surely killing his men is not going to make you feel any better."

The captain opened the small wooden box revealing a ring, maps, and a thin journal. "This very day is the day he passed."

Emma's heart ached for him, "I... I know what it's like to lose someone you love but-"

"With all due respect, you don't know what it's like to lose the only person who ever cared for you." He interrupted, "You still have your parents. My mother died when I was an infant and my father sold Liam and I into slavery when we were boys. We had to work day and night for a decade before we had enough gold to be free." Killian responded, getting worked up. "You have an entire bloody kingdom on your side. I only had my brother. So no you don't know what I feel and you never will." He responded walking over to the dining table.

Once again, he was right. She may have lost her grandparents and a few trusted knights throughout the years, but not anyone she truly needed. Emma imagined what her life would be like if she lost her parents, she would indeed be devastated but she did have an entire kingdom to confined in. She had Regina and Robin who always looked out for her, she had August and Neal who would come to her rescue at any time she needed. She had Henry who would certainly follow her to the ends of the earth. She even had her parents' friends who would always help her in any way they could. She did have it all and she often took it for granted.

She slowly walked over to Killian, "You're right. I don't understand and perhaps I never will. I am truly sorry about your brother, and about your parents." Tears threatened to escape her eyes, "But please spare the boy. He is about my age, he must be scared."

The captain raised his voice, "Did you not hear a thing I just said? He works for a man that killed my brother!"

Now the princess raised her voice, "What would your brother want you to do?" She hadn't known Liam, but he did seem like a decent man from the few stories she heard of him, "If you won't listen to me, listen to him."

Killian took a seat at the table, exhausted from his own emotions. "You and Liam are much alike... definitely far better than I could ever be." He said looking down at the wooden table, "I will hear him out and then decide what to do with him, but if he was indeed trying to hurt you I won't hesitate to throw him back into the sea."

"Your punishment is reasonable." She agreed.

The captain looked down into the princess's eyes and felt a wave of comfort wash over him. He didn't care how he treated other people, but he certainly cared about how he treated her. Despite how rude he had been to her, she was still here. He went up and went back over to the desk and took Liam's journal out of the small box, "I have a feeling you would love to read some of his tales." Killian said softly, "You have a right to anything on this ship, so you read his journal if you please." He said handing her the book.

Emma got up and hugged him tightly as if she was trying to push his broken pieces back together. "Thank you." she whispered. "I'll take good care of it."

"I know you will." He smiled as he placed a kiss on her forehead.

Maybe they would be okay after all...

As always, leave comments, suggestions, anything!
Hope you all are enjoying the story <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.8K 1.6K 34
Just another tale of Princess Emma Swan falling in love with Captain Hook? I don't think so. Emma Swan- 20 years old. Sexy, and intriguing, but al...
159K 9.2K 38
Emma Swan is a young woman married to a rich and important entrepreneur of Los Angeles. Although they live with all the luxuries of the world, their...
19.9K 1.1K 16
AU setting (No magic) in which Emma Swan is a criminal private investigator. Her life takes a turn when her boss tells her she must now work with a m...
55.9K 2.7K 22
After her ship faces a dreadful storm, Princess Emma is rescued by a group of pirates led by Killian Jones. With hate standing between them, Emma ac...