Magical Merpeople

By KyssaraSnowheart

In an attempt to find the Grangers, raise a baby and get away from the spotlight of being two thirds of the G... More

Prologue
Planning Before Departure
Departure
Settling
About Mako Island and Strange Girls
Mako's Moon Pool
From Magicals to Magical Merpeople
Research and Exposure
Talks and Knowing One Another
Ms. Chatham's Knowledge
Exploring and News
Trust
Preparations and...Death Eaters? In Australia?
Skirmish Under the Full Moon
Explanation
Discovery
Complication
A Lead
Trouble On The Horizon
Moon Stones
Omake: Hogwarts Adventures (Year One)
A Visit to Gringotts
A Day in the Australian Magical District
Angered Mers
Potion Making and Ideas

A Magical Mer's Hectic Every Day

808 41 1
By KyssaraSnowheart

A few days after Hermione received news, or lack there of about her parents, she was still taking it hard.

Not even Teddy could keep her distracted long enough to make her smile.

Deciding that enough was enough, Harry walked into the potion's lab where Hermione could be found finishing bottling up Essence of Dittany and cleaning the station. "Let's go Hermione."

"Go? Go where?" Hermione asks only to receive her answer in the form of Harry grabbing her wrist and pulling her out of the lab. "Harry! What is so urgent that you need to drag me out in such manner?!"

Harry didn't answer, only pulled her to her room and let her go. "We are going to find Cleo and have her take us to the Lorelei and find the scrolls and books she mentioned. So change from your robes and I'll meet you out front with our bikes." With that Harry left the room and a confused Hermione behind.

"When did we get bikes?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Both Harry and Hermione, after letting Andromeda and Teddy know their plans for the day, headed out towards the JuiceNet since neither knew were Cleo lived or any other location she would spend her time in. Harry didn't consider trying to look for either Emma or Rikki. For one, Harry believed Rikki would just start trouble the moment she laid eyes on either of them; and Emma seemed like the one that believed herself to be better and smarter than the rest and would more than likely take Rikki's side.

They keep biking until they arrive at the JuiceNet and walk in after securing their bikes.

Inside they decide to order their now favorite drinks from the first time they ordered, and came up short when they realized the JuiceNet looked different.

A lot different.

From the uniform, to the menu, to the hats they now wore. They noticed a not so happy Emma working behind the bar and decide to try and talk to her.

"Emma?" Hermione calls her and waits.

Said worker turns to them with an annoyed look, only for it to morph into a surprised one. "Oh. Hermione, Harry; what brings you both here?"

"Umm...what happened to this place? It's completely different." Harry asks as he gives her his order followed by Hermione.

Emma, once again adopts an annoyed expression after taking their orders. "That would be thanks to our new manager." Emma answer with near venom in her voice.

"It sounds like you don't particularly like them?" Hermione points out as Harry agrees, unable to look away from the people playing a small game small basketball. 'In a small space like this? This could end poorly.'

"You would be right. Our new manager made too many changes too soon. He's removed items from the menu and even changed the organization for our pantry. He doesn't listen to any advice I have and everyone else just goes with it!" Emma finishes, her voice having risen in volume and annoyance the more she talked about the manager.

Harry takes a sip of his drink after it was brought before speaking. "Have you talked with the owner and boss about your concerns?"

"Yes! But he believes that this would be best for the JuiceNet!" Emma answers only for her to notice both Harry and Hermione looking over her shoulder. "Is there a black haired boy about my age standing behind me?" She asks and they nod yes. Slowly she turns around, coming face to face with said black haired young man, arms crossed over his chest with a small smile on his face and one of his brows arched. "Good morning Ash..."

The teenager, now identified as Ash, nods. "Morning Emma. I see you're talking about me to the customers."

Harry and Hermione looked at one another, thinking the same thing. Those two had a tension so thick it was palpable and decide to make a smart retreat. "Emma do you know where we can find Cleo?" Hermione asks as she stands and pays for both hers and Harry's drink.

"She's more than likely working right now. She works at Sea World Marine Park."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry and Hermione were in full on caution mode.

After finding out where Cleo works and finding the Water Park, both of them were doing everything in their power to avoid any sort of water hitting them. From something as small as a puddle, to something as big as being as far away from the splash zone of the rides.

Now, they were walking around trying to find either Cleo or a worker that could tell them where she was working. Luckily they find her near one of the dolphin enclosures and make their way over. Things were looking good, until a struck of bad luck hit both of them.

As soon as they shouted out Cleo's name to gain their attention, a dolphin decides to splash them.

Horrified, they do the only thing they can do. They jump into the pool with the dolphin and swam for cover. The dolphin followed them and stared at them curiously before swimming towards Cleo. They follow it and pop their heads out of the water and look at Cleo who finally notices them.

"What are you doing here?!"

"We came here to ask you when you could be able to help us find the Lorelei, when this dolphin decided to splash us." Harry explains as the dolphin decides to jump around and swim around them. "Because of that, it was either jumping into the water or change and be exposed for the world to see. So, what's this trickster's name?"

"His name is Ronnie, and he's actually really sweet."

"Could have fooled me," Hermione says before looking around and back at Cleo. "Is there any way out of here where we won't be seen?"

"I'm sorry but no. The only way out of here is to get out and dry yourselves here." Cleo explains as she too looks around, "I can stand watch but not for too long. Ronnie was just fed and I need to head back to selling ice creams so you better hurry."

"Right. Hermione, let's go." Harry says and quickly starts to drag himself out of the water, Hermione closely behind and, once away from the water, Hermione starts to work on drying them. Were Cleo not there, they would use their magic to make it both fast and easier. Moments later, they're both dry and walking towards Cleo. "Thanks for making sure no one was around."

"Not a problem. My shift will end soon and we can head over to the Lorelei. Let's meet at the Moon Pool and head out from there, does that sound good?" Cleo asks them.

"We will meet you there, but how much longer so we know when to head over?" Hermione asks.

"Probably another hour and a half."

"Alright. Hermione do you want to explore the reefs some more?"

"Of course. That way we'll also be closer to the Moon Pool. Take care Cleo." Hermione says as she and Harry start heading to the exit and towards the beach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Both magical mer's were swimming around the reefs by Mako, collecting some seashells here and there along with finding washed away treasures here and there.

Exploring the other side of the island, they were happily surprised to find some plants that could be used for potions and memorized the location for the future. Deciding that enough time has passed, they swim at high speeds towards the Moon Pool and once there, found they had company.

"What are you doing back here again!?"

Rikki shouts, looking at both of them in anger. Harry simply stares at her and swims to one side with Hermione following suit. "I asked you a question!"

"If you want an answer from us Rikki, I suggest you tune it down." Harry tells her and Rikki is more than certain that his eyes were actually glowing. He feels a hand on his and he looks at Hermione who is looking at him with a calm expression. Taking in a deep breath, he calms down and holds her hand, feeling comfort and liking how her hand felt in his. Turning to Rikki again, he answers. "We're meeting with Cleo. She's going to show us where the Lorelei is resting."

"How do you know about the Lorelei? What do you want with it!?"

"Rikki...calm down." Harry says with some irritation before sighing, "Cleo introduced us to Ms. Chatman the day we told you about us and she gave us permission to take what the Lorelei has hidden in it for us to use."

"Right, and you expect me to believe you?"

"If not our word, then take Cleo's. She'll be here soon." Hermione says in place of Harry and splashes her tail in frustration towards the hostile blond.

No sooner had she said that, a figure makes its way to the Pool and they all realize it's Cleo.

"Rikki, is this where you've been all day?"

"Uh, Cleo. Are you not realizing who else is in here?" Rikki says as she points behind her, making her turn.

"Harry! Hermione! How long have you been waiting?"

"Not that long, we were exploring around. Enjoying the freedom swimming gives us," Harry answers with a smile towards Cleo. "How was your shift?"

"Besides you guys dropping by for a surprise visit and swim? Calm and easy going." Cleo says with a smile.

Rikki couldn't believe what she was seeing. Much less hearing! These two were strangers and were already trying to integrate themselves into their group and Cleo seemed to be fine with that!

Staring at them in anger she's about to head out when Cleo speaks. "Are you ready to go to the Lorelei?"

"We are, we'll just follow you." Hermione answers but before they can head out, Rikki holds Cleo's hand.

"You're not really going to take them to the Lorelei, are you Cleo?"

"Yeah, I am. Ms. Chatham said she had books and scrolls in her boat that could tell not just them, but us more about mermaids and our powers." She says, ignoring Harry's comment "and mermen."

"Why would she tell them that, a couple of strangers and not us? She's known about us for longer!"

"What is your problem with them Rikki? They've done nothing to warrant our exposure nor have they tried to do us harm! I don't see why you're making such a big deal about it!"

Rikki gave her an incredulous look. "Not a big deal?! Cleo they are strangers! They show up out of the blue and then, on the last full moon they somehow find the Moon Pool and now grow a tail when wet. That is too much for it to be a coincidence!"

"You're more than welcome to join us."

Both girls turned towards Harry. Hermione looking at him in surprise at the suggestion.

"You don't trust us, for whatever reasons you might have. So why not join us to put your nerves at ease along with the mistrust simply because we are new here and new to being merpeople." Harry said all this while looking at Rikki dead in the eyes as his arms cross over his chest, waiting for an answer.

When she didn't give him or any of them an answer, Harry turned to Cleo. "Lead the way Cleo. If Rikki wants to join us, I'm more than certain she knows were to find us."

The subtle order wasn't lost to anyone, however Cleo nodded and pulled her arm free before diving. Harry and Hermione following right behind her, leaving a shocked Rikki behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After only five minutes of swimming at high speeds, Cleo stops and points to the ocean floor.

Lying there was a simple boat, white in color with some blue only at the bottom of it. Most of it looked to be intact for what they could see. Before they could head over, Cleo motioned for them to the surface and they obliged.

Once their heads breach the surface, Cleo turns to them. "There's something I forgot to ask you; how long can you hold your breath for?"

Harry frowned some before turning to Hermione, who looked confused.

Deciding the best course was to not ask what she meant, Harry turned to Cleo again. "Not sure. We haven't really tested ourselves like that. What about you?"

"Rikki, Emma and I can hold our breath for fifteen minutes. I thought that taking a fresh gulp of air would be best, since we don't know how long we're going to be down there searching."

"Good call. Thanks Cleo."

Nodding, Cleo goes first and Harry gives Hermione. "They can't breathe underwater?" He asks her, a confused look marring his features.

"It seems like it. We can talk more about it later, let's go before she wonders what's wrong." Hermione then dives and Harry soon follows suit.

As they dive, Cleo is waiting for them near the boat and motions for them to head first but before they could; Harry and Hermione turn to look in the direction of Mako and see a figure swimming at high speeds towards them. Once the bubbles clear up, they see Rikki floating in place for a moment before swimming closer.

They all look at one another before Hermione goes in first, followed by Harry. Cleo decided to stay by the entrance, since the boat wasn't big enough to house three swimming merpeople with Rikki who seemed to act like a guard.

Being mindful of one another, both Harry and Hermione search high and low. Almost ten minutes later Harry frowns when he sees something odd on the side of the boat.

Investigating it, he finds it's a secret compartment of sorts and opens it. Inside he found an assortment of scrolls, a few books and an assortment of what seemed to be journals. He motions for Hermione to join him in taking the items from inside the compartment.

She looks around and finds a still usable basket for them to put them in. Harry passed the items and Hermione organized them in the basket. After the last scroll was put away, Harry investigated the compartment once more and notices a deep blue crystal the size of a golf ball. Deciding it best to take it, he 'kneels' as to have his wand closer to him and casts a Notice-Me-Not charm on it before nodding to Hermione and follows her out of the boat and takes one side of the basket to help her, while Rikki and Cleo follow behind towards Mako.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The swim back took longer than the swim towards the boat since Harry and Hermione had thought it best to not swim at high speeds for fear of losing any of their found items or damaging them.

They finally breach the surface of the Moon Pool and put the basket on the stone step.

Cleo and Rikki followed soon after, with Rikki looking at the books with a scowl. "How are we going to be able to read any of it? They've been underwater for a long time."

"I made the same observation and she said that these books were different and water won't damage them." Hermione explains before taking a scroll and taking a deep breath as the others held theirs, slowly brought it out of the water.

The moment the scroll was out of the water, it was dry. As if no water had ever touched or damaged it.

They all let out a collective sigh of relief and Hermione slowly opens it. She began to slowly read, as Harry kept guard of the other scrolls, books and journals. "What does it say Hermione?"

"It talks about the different pods that exist or existed centuries ago. Their former homes and if they migrated along with who was in charge in each one. What their powers were and even some information on trades." Hermione answers as she keeps reading.

"Does it say if there used to be any near Mako?" Cleo asks with Rikki nodding in agreement to the question.

Hermione read all the way to the end of the scroll before frowning. "If there were it doesn't say," she says as she looks at the two mermaids who looked down. "But this is just the first scroll, there's more here for us to read and discover."

"Great! We'll let you know what we find as soon as we get to reading," Rikki said and makes a move to grab the basket only to find the water before her freeze instantaneously by Harry. "What gives Potter?!"

"You were about to try and just take all of these and bolt." Harry says as Hermione puts the scroll back in the basket and gives Rikki a disgusted look. "We have no problem getting together in a private location to discuss this with you, Cleo and Rikki. However, I take offense in you trying to just take all of this for yourself and I'm more than certain that if anything is shared to us, it will be half truths or complete lies."

Cleo also looked down in shame because she actually thought Rikki's logic about keeping the more important information to themselves, wasn't a bad idea. Rikki just seemed to get enraged and rose her hand to melt the water only to find herself being in hot water. Literally.

Hermione had seen what she was planning on doing and acted first, making Rikki back up from the heating water. "We are leaving with the books and scrolls. When you've chilled out enough, you can come find us." With that, both she and Harry dove and swam out quickly.

Once outside, they put protecting charms on the books, scrolls and basket before swimming away at high speeds, leaving Mako and the girls behind.

Image is not mine, all credit goes to the artis of said image.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62K 1.9K 40
Cleo, Rikki, Bella, and Emma are going through some changes. They can speak with sea creatures, are getting new powers, different tail colors, and n...
28K 517 23
Erik is back, and he has a plan: to take all the moon ring stones and forge them into one huge stone to reopen the merman chamber on Mako Island. Si...
13.8K 594 21
Harry and Y/n Potter's summer has included the worst birthday ever, doomy warnings from a house-elf called Dobby, and rescue from the Dursleys by the...
1.2K 23 23
ɴᴏᴀʜ ʟᴏᴜɪꜱᴇ ʀɪᴅᴅʟᴇ ᴀ ʙᴏʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɢᴏᴇꜱ ᴛᴏ ʜᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛꜱ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʜ𝖎𝖘 ᴏʟᴅᴇʀ 𝖇𝖗𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗. ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪꜱ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʜɪᴍ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴀ ʀɪᴅᴅʟᴇ ɢᴀᴠᴇ ʜɪᴍ ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰɪᴄᴜʟᴛʏ ꜰᴏ...