Manan - Hold My Hand

By aanchal_89

Manik Malhotra, CEO of Malhotra Groups, He is a private person and likes to have his own space. He has a few... More

"Introduction"
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 1

Chapter 17

9.8K 878 109
By aanchal_89

Nandini felt a tear rolled down her eyes and rubbed it feeling stupid.

"What's wrong with me? Why does it hurt even when he was on my side and standing up for me against Cabir.", Nandini asked herself confused about her emotions.

" He didn't say a lie. We are friends. So why did it felt strange and upsetting hearing from him.", She asked herself before looking down.

" Nandini.", She heard Navya yell for her and immediately composed herself.

"I am here.", Nandini said back and Navya came and sat by her.

"What were you doing out for so long?", Navya asked her.

"Watching the stars it looks beautiful today.", Nandini said and Navya looked and nodded.

" It's beautiful indeed.", She said leaning on her shoulder.

" Let's go in or Mukti will say I sent you to call her and you stayed back with her too.", Navya said and Nandini laughed a little and nodded.

Navya pulled her up and they walked out.
She sat by Mukti and the three of them get into talking.

"Do you guys want to go to Spa tomorrow?", Nandini asked the girls and nodded.

" Okay. ", They said and she smiled and nodded as they made plans about tomorrow.

Manik and Cabir came near them and Mukti smiled seeing they look okay now.

Nandini saw them and avoided eye contact feeling guilty for eavesdropping earlier. She was confused about how to react after hearing everything out there. She now had an explanation for Cabir's weird behavior but can she really blame him. On one side she claims to not want a relationship or do anything with it the other side she is confused about Manik after today and why she is so hurt by his words and actions. Not to forget about Ishaan. Anyone who is looking out for their friend would be weird with her. It is not Cabir's fault.

"What are you guys planning?", Cabir asked them feeling a lot better after the talk he had with Manik.

"We are going to Spa tomorrow.", Mukti told him excitedly.

" Can I join too? I can use a massage?", Cabir asked with a smile and the girls looked at each other.

" Nope, it's girl's day out. You are not allowed.", Nandini said to him deciding to not blame him for his actions and he looked at her surprised.

He liked Nandini and cared for her a lot but when it's about Manik he is impulsive. He didn't want to create distance between them but he also didn't want to hurt her by being rude. Seeing her still being the same with him after days of him being distant with her made him feel more guilty than ever.

" Fine then. I will keep my personal massage session with my girl after your day out. And trust me she gives a better massage. Don't say I didn't warn you later.", Cabir teased her with a smile and Nandini stuck her tongue at him.

" I have had her massages for years. I don't mind if you enjoy a few.", She teased back and he frowned leaning closer to Navya.

" Just how close are you with her?", Cabir asked Navya and she looked at him just shaking her head happy he is back to normal now.

"Trust me you don't wanna know that.", Nandini whispered giving a flying kiss to Navya and Navya rolled her eyes as others laughed.

Manik was happy seeing the interaction between him and Nandini. He now has one more thing to do that is talking to her and explain everything but had no idea how.

"She must have so many questions to ask and with Soniya leaving tomorrow. She sure is upset. I don't know how far is she thinking about all this. Is she misunderstanding something?" He thought as he stared at her cursing himself for hiding this from her for so long.

" We should leave now.", Nandini said glancing at her watch, and Mukti pout not wanting them to leave yet.

"So soon.", She said looking at them.

" We will stay back tomorrow.", Nandini promised her as she grabbed Navya's hand.

" Navya will be with me.", Cabir said immediately pulling her close to him.

" Why don't you take her now?", Nandini said sarcastically annoyed seeing their PDA all the time.

"Not a bad idea. Thanks.", Cabir said with a smirk and looked at Navya.

Nandini rolled her eyes.

"I will see you tomorrow.", She said hugging Mukti who nodded.

Nandini turned to wish Cabir bye too.

" I am coming with you. I will drop you and then take her home with me.", Cabir said and she looked at him and then at her.

" You serious about this.", She asked surprised and he nodded.

She turned to Navya who gave her a shrug blushing.

"You are spoiling her.", Nandini said to him shaking her head and he smiled wide at that.

Cabir hugged both Mukti and Manik whispering sorry to him and he smiled and patted his back.

Navya waved at him and he smiled waving back.

They walked down and Mukti waved at them as they walked to their cars.

Nandini's eyes meet Manik and she gave him a small smile before getting inside the car.

Cabir drove the car making small conversation and she tried to keep it up with him.

He stopped the car at their house and she got down along with Navya and Cabir.

"I will get my keys and a few things. 2 minutes.", Navya said running inside knowing she needs to give them some privacy.

Nandini laughs at her actions knowing her all too well.

"Cutie. ", Cabir said the guilt coming back again and she turned to him.

"Yes.", She said giving him a smile encouraging him.

" I am sorry. ", He said sincerely and she looks at him and wondered if she forgive him and knew the answer already.

" You don't have to. People have their days. I am happy you are back to okay now. ", Nandini said with a smile and he smiled and hugged her not able to handle himself seeing her forgive him so easily.

" You are an amazing person. I hope you know that.", Cabir said and she nodded feeling emotional suddenly and breaks the hug composing herself.

" I know.", She said smiling and he smiled back.

"You okay with me keeping her with me. Right?", Cabir asked and Nandini smiled at him.

" She is your girlfriend Cabir. If she is okay with that then why would I have a problem. ", Nandini said assuring him and Cabir frowned a little hearing her call him Cabir. He loved hearing goofy and no matter what happens he would never want her to stop her from calling him that.

" Okay then. ", He said and kissed her forehead surprising her.

" Call me Goofy only. ", He said with a smile and she smiled happy.

Navya came back and smiled seeing them okay now and wrapped her hands around both of them.

"What are you two planning?", Navya asked them playfully noticing the emotional atmosphere.

" It's a secret.", Cabir said winking at Nandini and Navya turned to Nandini who zipped her mouth.

" Fine Don't tell me.", Navya said and hugged Nandini.

" I will see you tomorrow. Lock up everything and double-check it and call me if you feel scared or anything.", Navya said concerned and Nandini nodded.

" Okay Mom.", She said and Navya kissed her cheeks bidding her bye.

" Why don't I get those cheek kisses?", Cabir said a little jealous.

" Because you get this.", Navya said pecking his lips and he smiled.

" I will leave you guys now. Bye. Goodnight", Nandini said walking inside.

" Bye.", they yelled before getting inside the car.

She entered the house and went to the kitchen drinking a glass of water and walked inside her room and sat on the bed pulling the blanket closer to her.

She looked at the hoodie she was still wearing and realized she forgot to return it to him and recalls the moment he gave it to her and how she felt with him so close to her.

"So there were signs and I ignored them.", She said to herself and frowned as the realization hits her.

"He was being polite and friendly and my heart took it as something else. But it's nice that it's not too late now. I got a reality check that I needed.", She talked with herself and removed the hoodie putting it aside.

" I should have kept my distance the first time I cried because of him and then with him but it's not too late now. I will sort this out. I will be friends with him. I have to compose myself. It's just a crush. I will get over it. I had many crushes over years. It won't turn into something big. "She said thinking about it assuring herself.

" I won't let what happened last time to happen again.", She promised herself before lying down to sleep.

She gave herself some space and focused on work the next day to distract herself from her feelings.

It was hard with Soniya not in the office. It felt disoriented and empty.

She sat down on her chair tired and frowning.

"Let's meet. I need to talk to you.", She read Manik's message again and frowned.

" I am busy ", She replied after thinking about it and put her phone aside.

"Are you angry? I can explain.", She reads his message and thought about it. Is she angry?

"No I am not.", She replied honestly and put the phone down. If she wants to get over him then she needs some space from him.

"Aditya", She called and he came in.

"Yes", he asked her and she looks at him.

"Let's have lunch today.", She asked and he looked at her sadly.

" I am sorry, I had plans already.", He said upset a little and she nodded.

" Okay no issues.", Nandini said to him with a small smile.

"I can cancel. Are you okay?", he asked walking near her watching her closely.

"Yeah Yeah I am fine. You don't have to cancel.", She assured him and he nodded still feeling guilty.

" I will leave early for the day then. I took half day.", She said and left after getting her things.

She drives to a nice restaurant to cheer herself up and messaged Mukti and Navya to meet her at the spa after her lunch.

She took a seat at the table and went through the menu and ordered something for herself.

She gets a message and looks up to see it was from Ishaan.

"You look beautiful in black.", She smiled reading that and looked around thinking he is here.

He waved at her from 2 tables down and she smiled.

"Thank you.", She said.

"I told you right. It is fate that we keep bumping with each other.", he messaged and she narrowed her eyes at him.

" No, it's not. You are mistaken.", She replied and waited for him to reply.

She felt a presence and looked up to see him in front of her.

"Hey", She said surprised.

He takes a seat and smiles at her.

"What are you doing here?", Nandini asked him raising an eye at him.

"I got bored with them so used you as an excuse and came by.", Ishaan said with a shrug and she smiled at him.

"What if I was waiting for someone?", She said teasing him and he looked at her.

"Are you?", he asked a little curious and she nodded in no.

"I knew it.", he replied happy.

"You were on a lunch meeting?", She asked looking at his table and he nodded.

"It's almost done. We were just leaving.", Ishaan informed her and she nodded again.

Someone came by their table and Nandini looked up and saw a beautiful woman standing in formal attire.

"Sia? Why are you here?", Ishaan asked her confused looking up at her.

"By the way. Sia this is Nandini and Nandini she is Sia. We work together.", Ishaan introduced them and Sia stared at Ishaan hurt at the introduction. Nandini observed her and smiled.

" Hello.", Nandini greeted her and Sia greeted back with a fake smile.

"We are leaving. So I came to tell you. Are you coming?", She asked him hopefully and he looked at her before looking at Nandini wanting to stay and talk some more.

" We have a meeting to attend together.", Sia reminded again and Ishaan nodded finally.

"I will be there in 5 minutes.", Ishaan said with a smile and Sia nodded smiling widely as she left.

Ishaan turns to Nandini and finds her smiling to herself.

"What?", He asked her.

"She likes you.", Nandini said as a fact and he frowns before chuckling lightly.

"You are mistaken. Sia likes me. I doubt.", Ishaan said more to himself and she smiled knowing he too have some feelings for her but kept quiet.

"No I am not, She is beautiful too.", Nandini said smirking to herself and he nodded.

" I agree but don't think you will get away from me by trying to set me up with others. I am still interested to know you more.", Ishaan said and she gave him an innocent smile.

" I will get going now. We will make a plan to meet properly someday. How about this weekend?", Ishaan asked as he stood up.

" Will think about it.", Nandini said smiling and he nodded.

" Bye then.", He said with a wink and she bid bye too.

Her food came in and she dugs into it.

She sat inside her car and drove to the spa.

She saw Mukti and Navya waiting for her outside and they all went in.

They were laying down in a single room.

"It's so good.", Mukti said relaxed and the others hummed in yes.

"I can do this all day.", Nandini whispered and others agreed with her.

"How was your day? ", Nandini asked them.

" I met this guy today. He is new to the team and I have been assigned to show him around and train him. He is such a pain in the ass. ", Mukti said irritated recalling it and others looked at her curious.

" What did he do? ", Navya asked her.

" Nothing he just irritates me with everything he does. I am a senior to him but he behaves as if he is the boss around here and he keeps commenting as if he knows me all his life and we are friends or something.", Mukti said frustrated.

" If he troubles more. Complain to the Manager.", Nandini suggested and Mukti nodded.

" What about you Navya?", Mukti asked her.

" I got scolded. I was late to work today.", Navya said embarrassed and they smiled to themselves.

" Why? You guys slept late at night?", Mukti said with a tease in her voice.

" Or wait? Did you guys continue in the morning too?", Nandini asked smirking and Mukti gave her a hi-fi.

"Both.", Navya whispered blushing and they laughed.

"Enjoy as much as you can. This is the best time of a relationship. You know each other but there are still things yet to be known. You can't keep your hands to yourself and you want them beside you always. There's comfort and also wildness in the relationship. It's fun.", Mukti said and Navya blushed whereas Nandini nodded.

" Yes, so it's fine if you get scolded once in a while. Have fun with him.", Nandini commented and they laughed.

" Nandini you were being so shy yesterday but you look comfortable with the topic now.", Mukti said her.

" I don't shy away talking about it. It's just I have a strong imagination so it was embarrassing to read in front of all of you and think about all of that. It kept running in my mind.", Nandini explained herself and Mukti nodded.

" Have you experienced this phase?", Mukti asked her and Navya turned to her too.

Nandini thought whether she should be completely honest to them.

"I have experienced the fun of the old school romance. You know you like this guy and he likes you back. You guys keep doing things for each other but never confess. The thrills when his hand touches you by mistake. It was fun and an amazing experience.", She confessed a part of her life as she gets lost in thought thinking about it.

"Wow that sounds exciting.", Navya said as she thinks about it more.

" I never had a relationship with someone so I never experienced this phase also I was a little conservative and innocent you can say back then and wanted to you know to wait for marriage.", Nandini said them honestly.

" What about now? You don't have to date people or get in a relationship? You can have a one-night stand.", Mukti said her curious to know more about her.

"Thanks to Navya, I have been influenced but I still don't think a one-night stand is for me.", Nandini said to her honestly and she nods in understanding as Navya chuckled.

They all sat up holding the towel close to themselves as they were done with the massage and sat for the pedicure and manicure.

They went on to talk about their personal lives, boys and friends.

After finishing up there, they went shopping a little bit.

"It was so much fun today.", Nandini said as she entered inside their home with Navya.

"I agree with you.", Navya said back and they left to their rooms soon.

Manik was in his study in his house going through some files. He had lots of files to go and make the presentation too.

There was work stress and on top of that Nandini.

"Is she still busy?", Manik thought looking at his phone.

He sighed and dialed her number.

The phone rings to the end but was not answered.

"And she says she isn't angry. What should I think of this? ", Manik asked annoyed.

He tries again and it goes not answered and sighs putting his phone down and closes his files.

He walks out to the backyard and Oscar turned to him and barked.

Manik smiled at him and picks the basketball and started playing with it.

Nandini gets out of the shower and picked up her phone.

She finds 2 missed calls of Manik and sighed knowing he is gonna overreact if she doesn't call him back.

Manik was putting the ball in the basket. His phone vibrating kept at the side.

She frowned seeing he didn't answer and wondered if he got upset.

She tries again.

Manik was dribbling the ball when oscar barked twice and Manik turned to him.

Oscar barked at the phone again and Manik walked closer and saw it was Nandini and picked it up immediately.

"Hey", He said a little breathless and she frowned.

"Did I disturb you?", She asked worried wondering what he was doing and he denied it.

"You called earlier. I was in the shower. ", Nandini asked and Manik slapped his forehead for assuming things on his own.

"Yeah. I wanted to talk to you.", He said slowly and she sighed knowing she had to talk to him and can't avoid him further.

" About? ", She played lost ashamed of eavesdropping on his conversation earlier and he frowned a little.

"About the manager thing.", Manik replied a little guilty and she sighed again.

"Manik it's fine. You don't have to explain. It's your and Soniya's business. If she thinks you should do it then I accept it too. You don't have to worry about that. ", She said knowing it doesn't concern her a bit if he is the manager now and he frowned hearing her.

" Just like that. You don't have any questions to ask me.", Manik asked surprised.

Nandini gulped as she thought of all the questions she was dying to ask him.

"No I don't.", She lied and Manik gets irritated but calms down.

"Okay then. How was your day?", Manik asked her changing the topic promising himself to ask it when she is ready to talk.

" Good. ", She replied and he throws the ball in the basket a little frustrated.

"Are you mad at me? ", Manik asked her straightforward and she replied no immediately.

She was mad at herself for not being in control of her feelings and involving her feelings in between.

" I am not. Just tired. I will talk to you later?", She said as she felt tired from being out the whole day.

Manik tried to speak but sighed and wished her bye as she hanged up.

"She is lying. She is upset and angry too.", Manik said to oscar who barked in reply.

" What should I do?", He asked upset at himself wondering how to talk to her.

Oscar jumped around the basketball trying to hold it.

Manik walked and picked up the ball.

" I should have said everything before.", Manik said with regret and basket the ball.

Oscar cuddled with his leg feeling him low and Manik smiled a little as he sat down and patted him.

Oscar jumped on him making him laugh as he lay down and he licked his face.

"What would I do without you?", Manik whispered looking at the clear sky above and oscar sat on him.

The next few days went with them giving space to each other. Nandini gave herself space from him to clear her feelings about him. She was getting confused with her emotions and she didn't want to hurt him in the same. Manik was worried that unknowingly he hurt Nandini by hiding things and gave her the space to come talk to him herself but he did message her once every day to try and talk to her.

It was the day he would be joining as the managing director.

He was looking forward to seeing Nandini but was also annoyed at her.

He walked in with Sara following behind and everyone stood up in respect greeting him.

Nandini was walking around talking with a few interns and stopped on the way when she saw him walking in.

She knew the second they made eye contact all her efforts had gone in vain. Her feelings were still the same if not more. As she watched him she realized how much she missed him and knew she couldn't avoid him anymore.

Being the responsible person after Soniya's exit in the company, she kept aside her personal feelings and walked in closer to greet him.

"Welcome Mr. Malhotra.", Nandini greeted with a formal smile and he just nodded back.

"Can I see my Office?", He asked and she nodded and guided him to Soniya's office.

Sara stayed back to talk with Aditya.

Manik looked around and then took a seat on the chair.

"Ms. Murthy I need you to do few things for me.", he said looking at the table and she nodded staring at him.

"First I would like to change the look of the office. So ask someone to come by. ", Manik asked her and she looked around.

Soniya and Nandini had designed this office together. It had so many memories of them celebrating their success and struggles together.

"Sure. Someone will be with you soon.", Nandini replied with a nod.

"I would like you to gather everyone as I want to properly introduce myself and have a talk. ", Manik asked and she nodded again.

" Sure. ", She replied and looked at him trying to figure out if he is in a professional mood or upset because of her.

"You can leave.", he asked her still not making eye contact and she stared at him wanting to talk.

He finally looked up at her as she stood in front of him.

"You didn't say you were coming now. I would have got some flowers or made some arrangements.", Nandini said clearing her throat a little awkward and he kept staring at her with a poker face.

"Do you want something? Should I get you some coffee?", She tried to make him talk.

"No you can leave Ms. Murthy.", Manik said to her with a blank face and she frowned but nodded excusing herself from the office.

"Why is he being so upset? I agree I was at fault but we can talk.", She asked herself as she went on to do the tasks he assigned.

She called Aditya and asked him to gather everyone and then made calls to get a designer for his office.

Everyone gathered close and Nandini gave them a brief about the reason.

She looked and saw Manik coming in and moved aside and stood with the crowd.

Manik gave his introduction and asked about work, giving some instructions, and people associated with it nodded.

"About the dynamics of the office and its working then I know you guys had a friendly atmosphere under Soniya. I don't prefer that atmosphere but since you guys are more comfortable with that. I will be okay with it. You guys can continue with that but I would like some discipline in here.", he said with a strict face, and everyone was happy to hear about it.

"You guys can continue with your work.", Manik said dismissing them and went inside the office.

Nandini was glad he wasn't changing the system they follow here.

She made him coffee and felt odd knocking on the door she had a habit of walking inside directly.

She entered and gave him the coffee.

He thanked her and went on to reading the reports.

"Thank you.", She said trying to talk again and he looked up at her.

"For not changing the things around.", She explained and he nodded.

"I have contacted the designer and he will be here soon. You can tell him what you want to change. ", She said feeling the silence and he nodded again.

" Manik are you upset? ", She asked finally not able to handle it anymore and he looked at her.

" No, Why should I be upset? ", He asked with a sarcastic smile.

" You are not talking to me. ", Nandini whined a little upset at his ignorance.

" Really? I thought I am talking to you now. Am I not? ", He asked her with a smirk and she sighed again.

" But you aren't talking properly.", She said annoyed.

"I don't know. I thought this was how you prefer talking.", Manik taunted her and she realized he was upset.

"Is it because I wasn't able to talk to you properly for the last few days. I was a little busy. ", Nandini explained not exactly lying as she busied herself with work to distract herself from him and he looked at her in disbelief.

" As you can see I am a little busy too now.", he said back and looked at his files.

" Are you angry for my behavior? What should I do to make it okay? ", Nandini asked him guilty.

" No I am not. ", He replied not looking at her.

" Manik stop it. You are being stubborn now. Why can't you just speak about what made you upset and we can talk over it like adults. You are being immature. ", Nandini said frustrated at his ignorance and Manik smirked looking at her being a hypocrite.

" I am being Immature?", he asked standing up and she nodded still annoyed.

"Nandini it was you who started it. I tried to talk to you. I asked you many times to ask me whatever you wanted to. I even asked if you are angry or upset. Are you misunderstanding something but you denied it. I tried for days but you were being stubborn. So don't say now that I am being immature. I tried to talk many times but you were the one who ignored and acted busy. You were being stubborn. ", He yelled a little frustrated from days at her ignorance.

She looked at him and realized he was really angry not the one that gave her chills like back at his office when he was angry at Sara but the kind of angry he was during their initial days together and it scared her a little.

"Manik", She whispered lifting her hand to touch his arm to calm him down but he turned back and ran a hand through his hair to calm himself down.

He leaned on his desk looking down.

"Manik", She called in a whisper walking in front of him.

"Are you okay?", She asked still a little scared seeing him angry.

She hesitated before touching his arm a little to get his attention.

He looked at her tired and she dropped her hand.

"You make me really angry. The kind of no one had made me.", Manik said still a little annoyed and frustrated as she looked at him.

"I am sorry. I agree it was all my fault. It was wrong to blame you. I just don't like it when someone gets angry or upset and ignore me.", She whispered slowly scared she would make him angry if she said something wrong.

Manik smirked a little and glared at her.

"So you mean to say is that it's okay for you to ignore someone for days and lie about not being angry but when the other person does the same for 10 minutes. You can't handle it and get irritated.", He taunted her and she slapped herself mentally.

" No I didn't mean that.", She tried explaining herself.

"Then explain what do you mean.", Manik said taking a step forward towards her as she stepped back a little scared.

She tried to speak but couldn't say watching his face.

"Because I am sure I heard you speak and it meant exactly that.", Manik spoke irritated and she looked down.

" Manik", She said taking a deep breath and looked up at him composing herself.

"Yes.", He said annoyed and her eyes widen watching him so close and took a step back and hit the wall behind her.

"Come on tell me. How are you going to explain this? I had my reasons for whatever I did and I tried to talk to you many times. What is the reason behind your actions and ignoring me?", He asked again giving her a chance to explain herself and she stared at him before looking away not knowing how to tell him the truth without saying she has a crush on him.

He closed his eyes and sighs before putting his hand on the wall beside her head and she turns to him surprised.

"You are really testing my patience now. ", He said putting pressure on each word and she watched the stressed lines on his forehead and the anger in his eyes.

She couldn't help herself but notice how good he looked so close even when he is angry.

She lifted her hand slowly and he looked at her confused.

Lightly she pressed her palm on his cheek and his forehead lines relaxed a little.

"What are you doing?", he asked confused and clueless at her actions.

"Your face is so hot.", She whispered and pressed her other palm on his cheek too.

He drops his hand from the wall and looked at her totally clueless now.

"What are you doing?", he asked again finding it weird now.

" You were being so scary that my hands got cold being so nervous. So I am warming them up.", She said making sad faces and pouting and he looked at her wondering if she's serious right now.

"Are you kidding me?", He asked irritated removing her hands from his cheeks.

"No. They seem warm now.", Nandini said innocently pressing her palms on her cheeks and gave him a small smile.

"You are so..so..", Manik tried to find words to define how he is feeling right now because of her behavior.

She gave him a sweet smile.

"Sweet? Beautiful? Lovely?", She asked with an innocent pout and he rolled his eyes and grabbed her arms pulling her closer and she looked at him shocked and tried to move back.

"Not funny anymore?", he asked teasing her and she tried to get away.

" Manik..listen.", She tried to explain when the door opens and they turned in that direction.

Sara looked at them surprised and smiled at the proximity between them.

"I will be back later. Sorry.", She said immediately and went out.

Nandini looked at him and tried to push him back.

" She is misunderstanding the situation. I need to explain. Let me go.", Nandini asked him but he nodded in no.

" Explain to me first.", Manik said sternly and she looked at him seeing him serious.

"And don't you dare lie to me this time.", Manik said and she gulped looking at him.

" Okay fine. I will say but let me go.", Nandini asked trying to get away and he nodded in no.

" You will run away again.", Manik said not trusting her.

" What do you want to know?", Nandini asked preparing herself to answer knowing he is so stubborn and she has nowhere to run away now.

"Why did you lie when I asked if you were angry at me? ", Manik asked her the question that has been in his mind for a while now.

" I never lied. I wasn't angry at you for real.", Nandini said honestly and he glared at her.

" Then what was with this ignoring?", Manik asked her raising his eyebrow at her and She sighed.

"Hear me out completely first.", Nandini said trying to explain to him and calm him down.

He stared at her waiting trying to be patient.

" I told you before it was not my business and I am okay with it. I just needed some space. I wasn't angry with you. I can't stay angry for more than an hour so being angry at you for days is not possible. Now will you let me go.", Nandini replied honestly getting uncomfortable being so near to him.

" One last thing. Why didn't you ask me anything? You called me that day for an explanation I guess and during dinner, you looked like you wanted to talk. So why didn't you say anything after that.", Manik asked her curious and she looked at him wondering if she should lie or be honest.

" Yes I wanted to talk and I had questions but then I got my answers.", Nandini said being honest and he looked at her confused.

" What answers?", he asked and she looked at him composing herself.

"I overheard you and Cabir talking.", She said and felt a weight lift from her shoulders as she confessed the truth.

Manik's grip on her arm tightens unknowingly hurt at her actions. She could have talked to him instead of eavesdropping. He would have been honest to her. Did she not trust him.

"Manik it wasn't intentional. I was out there on the living room balcony when I heard you guys talking.", She explained immediately feeling guilty already.

He relaxed a little realizing it wasn't intentional and frowned at himself for even thinking about it as he let go of her hands.

She rubbed her arms with her other hand looking down.

"Still why didn't you say anything?", Manik asked her needing answers.

"I felt guilty for hearing you guys talk and I needed some space to clear my head.", She said honestly and stared at him wondering what's going on in his head.

" So do you have a clear head now?", Manik asked staring at her.

She thought of his question as she stared at him and cursed her stupid heart.

" No. It's messier than before.", Nandini replied honestly and he frowned.

" Does that mean you will be ignoring me again?", he asked worried and hurt thinking about it.

 She gave a small smile hearing his innocent question and knew she couldn't avoid him further.

" I don't think that's possible.", She whispered more to herself and he looked at her confused hearing her.

"You are so stubborn that's why.", She said with a bright smile distracting him as he smiled back.

He looked down at her and noticed her still rubbing her hands.

"What's wrong? Did I grip it too hard? Show me?", Manik asked her guilty as he tried to grab her hand and she nods in no and tried to get away but he held her hand anyway and took a look at it.

"Fuck. Is it hurting a lot? Why didn't you say it was hurting so much. Look at how red it has become. I am sorry I didn't realize I was holding it so tight.", Manik apologized looking at her hand.

" Manik Relax. It isn't hurting. It's not your fault. I have sensitive skin. It bruises easily. You weren't gripping it hard.", Nandini tried to explain to him.

He nodded in no not believing her.

"Okay look here.", She showed him as she slapped her hands lightly.

"Look I slapped lightly still its bruising. It wasn't your fault okay.", She said showing her other hand and he frowned at her.

" Stupid girl. Why do you have to hurt yourself again to explain?", Manik scolded her as he rubbed his thumb over the bruises and she stared at him as her heart fluttered at his small action.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

108K 5.6K 28
This is about a rich guy Manik Malhotra who is sweet, charming and loves his mother a lot. A great business tycoon.His only problem is that his mothe...
92.6K 9.2K 57
#6 in Lifestory out of ~10K stories (June, 2021) When THE Nandini Murthy met Manik F*CKBOI Malhotra, during her undergrad days in New York, it was th...
658K 30.3K 69
MANAN LOVE IN FASHION HOUSE - totally different concept with a MaNan feel in it... Hope you will like it...Please do share your comments will lov...
512K 37.6K 23
Manik Malhotra, the name itself brings so many emotions in ones mind- love, passion, music and fear. He was a rock star and a businessman for the wor...