Love is War - Dream

By Kairizx

It started as a battle, for freedom, against tyranny. And became something greater, it broke so many. There w... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Epilogue
Love is War

Chapter 31

13.4K 541 441
By Kairizx

The lingering light was obliterated by the rapidly falling night. The once salmon and purple sky transformed into a vast expanse of jet-black that engulfed the town. A canopy of luminous stars materialized amongst the ocean of blackness. Some were dull, merely flickering into existence every now and then, but there was an adequate amount of shimmering stars to illuminate the dark, moonless night. The lake glistened, mirroring the dazzling assemblage of glittering stars and the luminescence from the water. The faint wind brushed against the water's surface, the ripples ruffled the stillness of the surface, and shattered the reflection of the harbour.

A group of men started to make their way to the forest, where Technoblade wanted to lead them to, stating that he had seen something unexplainable. This sparked the curiousity of the two, Tommy and Wilbur. They haven't been around outside since their flee, and nothing felt safe anymore for them to freely walk the grounds. Today was the only Night they've walked outside, and the same day was where they'll meet the upcoming surprises.

" Techno, can't you just tell us what you saw? " Tommy continued to pester Technoblade as he couldn't wait to arrive. However, Techno never responded, even though he was starting to lose his patience.

" Technoblade! "

" Please! Just tell me! "

" Come on, this isn't fair. We've been walking for hours. "

With Tommy continuing to annoy his older brother, it soon ticked off another.

" Tommy, shut your mouth for a second. All I've been hearing is your whines and shit. " Wilbur had enough with the youngest and stopped to scold him with a finger pointed to Tommy's face. Tommy looked up at Wilbur in surprise before rolling his eyes in annoyance.

" But- "

" Please, just listen to Wilbur before I send you flying in the air with one kick. " Techno finally spoke and threatened Tommy for being too much of an annoyance. Not that he hated Tommy for it, but he wanted peace in silence too.

Tommy crossed his arms with a huff and a deep frown. Wilbur and Techno exchanged looks as they remember the younger days of their brother, acting the same thing. Techno sighed with a hand on his forehead while looking up, while Wilbur was silent and tried to keep himself cool.

" I'm being treated badly! I want to go back. " Tommy started a tantraum and was now insisting to go back. The two pretended not to hear this and watched the boy as he marched his way to the wrong path.

It was like any other day for the siblings, as they've already grown accustomed to Tommy's personality. But as he walked, Techno's ears perked up in surprise at another sudden movement. He knew too well of Tommy, and he wasn't as heavy as seemed. This alarmed Techno, and quickly ran towards Tommy. He wrapped an arm around the smaller blonde and pulled him towards the other side as Techno raised his sword with the other, directing it to the sound. When an unepexcted touch of two swords surprised all of them, even Techno who wasn't expecting another.

From the Middle of the rest, three men stood in all three sides of a triangle. Two of which was holding weapons and raised to the Third.

" W-Wait...! " Eret nervously raised his arms as he was suddenly stopped by blades directed to his throat. He quickly observed the men in front of him, both were wearing masks with only of them being familiar.

All three parties went silent. Techno was swift with his movement and pushed Tommy away, sending him back to Wilbur. He then stood in front of the two, knowing well enough that he was the only one with a great stance. Wilbur knew of his plan, and so he used his body to shield Tommy behind him.

" Dream, Eret. " Wilbur stated their names together, his eyebrows furrowing at the familiar faces.

" Who are you? " Dream spoke and was pointing at Technoblade.

" Who are you? " Technoblade spat back.

Eret remained Quiet, still shaking from the recent event he had just ran away from. Unfortunately, he didn't last long and dropped to the ground. This moved everyone's attention to him, watching the poor man shaking from fear and fatigue.

" Eret, what's wrong? " Dream asked as he slowly stepped sideward to approach him.

" We need to leave, we can't stay here. " Eret warned with a shivering plead. Tommy heard this and frowned.

Suddenly, fast moving footsteps came from behind Eret but it was running to a different way. Techno threw his sword upward and held it with the blade pointed at the back before advancing towards the path, Dream following in suit with his gleeming axe in his hands and ready. But as they moved, the sound soon disappeared and the forest was now dead silent. They both stopped beside each other and looked around the deep darkness.

" It's gone, if not so, it's way too deep inside the forest. " Techno mumbled to himself, in which was heard by Dream.

" I agree. " Dream pulled back and returned his axe behind him. Technoblade took this as a sign that he wasn't planning to attack.

" So, who are you? " Dream asked and turned his body to face Techno.

" Technoblade. "

" Dream. "

Both exchanged a nod of acknowledgement before turning to the others. Wilbur and Tommy stared at the both of them with eyes widened, while Eret had curled up by the side and was somewhat relieved.

" Let's talk this out. " Wilbur announced.

___

" Eret, was it? " Technoblade asked, Eret nodded. " Look, if you want us to understand you, speak in a language we can understand. "

Feeling embarrassed, he looked down at his hands and played with the hem of his sleeve. Since coming in to temporary good terms with both sides, Eret was first given the chance to speak as he was the most shaken up at the start. But he struggled to speak, with stutters here and there. Technoblade who had used up all of his patience, decided it was best to speak up.

" I was at Manburg, outside, when I saw him walking alone. I figured he'd go somewhere so I watched him, and I..followed him right after when I saw him enter the forest. " Eret started, still looking down as he recalled the recent event. Dream frowned as he listened with all ears while leaning his side to a tree beside him, and all the others sat on the ground.

" Who's him ? " Tommy asked reluctantly, as he was still not comfortable sitting with Eret, if it wasn't for his Curiousity.

Eret finally looked up and realized the curious eyes that have been watching him for the past few minutes. " Jschlatt. "

Wilbur crossed his arms and frowned. " Next? "

" I found him standing in front of Two trees, but I never knew why. He immediately knew I was there with him even if I was so far behind. He insisted I reveal myself but I never did, I was afraid. I saw he was equipped with a small knife that easily ripped through wooden bodies, I quickly ran after. "

Everyone went silent, processing the story that came from Eret.

" He started attacking? " Dream asked in surprise. Eret looked up at him and slowly nodded, still shivering at the blood-curling experience.

" I don't know but that seems like a bad sign to me. " Technoblade said as he laid on the grass with his arms behind his head.

" It means two things; One, Schlatt's protecting something and Two, he's hiding something. " Tommy added.

" For me, both sounds similar. And that could possibly be the answer to it. " Techno pushed himself off the ground and whistled as a horse started galloping its way towards him. He quickly caught the rope attatched to the brown horse before he hoisted himself up on the saddle, adjusting slightly to make himself comfortable.

" Where are you going? " Wilbur asked.

" The tree thing seems familiar, I want to check it out. " He responded cooly and looked down at Eret. " Come with me, show me the direction. "

Eret hesitantly stood up and jumped on the horse behind Technoblade. Tommy crossed his arms and huffed.

" I'm coming too! "

Dream sighed and started making his way closer to the others, before stopping beside Tommy.

" It's better if we all come, that way we can be assured that No one gets hurt. Who knows what lies there, anyone could get killed in the matter of seconds. "

" I will have to agree with Dream here. He seems to be the only smart being. " Techno mumbled with a snort, gaining a glare from Tommy and Wilbur.

" Fine. " Both agreed in unison.

___

Dream's POV

The more we dived in the forest, the more it gets darker and less light. If it wasn't for Tommy who brought a torch that helped to light up our path. That way, we could easily see what was ahead of us. But it wasn't as pleasing as we thought it would be. The trees were completely covered with vines and most, the air was covered with fog and the ground was too soft to step on. It was a struggle I wasn't expecting to have myself involved with.

To be brutally honest, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the mentioning of Schlatt. I've been having a growing suspiciousness against that man, ever since he started getting a little too close with Samantha. I might not know a lot about the day she went missing, but deep down, something tells me that she didn't escape.

" This...! " Eret's voice snapped me out of trance making me look at him. I followed his arm pointing downward, which landed on two trees with leafy bushes that surrounded it.

I walked pass in between Tommy and Technoblade on his way to drop down to the ground from his horse. As I slowly got closer, I hesitantly walked through. My eyes widened as I felt the ground leave the bottom of my foot. I backed away in surprise.

" What happened? " Techno asked as he followed me.

" There's a space beneath, I almost fell down. " I responded with a shaky breath.

He frowned and crouched down to inspect before lifting up a few leaves that was scattered all over the ground. Both our eyes went wide as an opening revealed itself to us, going deeper down to a cave. The others peaked from behind with a gasp.

" I'm going down. " I said, surprising everybody.

" Dream, that's way too deep and it's dark. I thought you'd be the smart one here, guess not. " Techno mumbled with his sarcastic remarks, almost reminding me of someone. I took in a deep breath before turning to Tommy.

" Can I have that? " I asked, he hesitantly gave it to me which I still thanked him for. I turned around and hopped down, I felt my knees shake as I wasn't expecting such a high fall from the first step. Building up enough courage, I quickly slid down to the very bottom of the cave.

_____________________

hah 2 chapters a day >:D
oh but i was planning to make it 3 but i'd be spoiling too much and i like being evil so- sucks to suck ig /j

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.1K 1.4K 22
His eyes, usually dull and sad, were ablaze with anger and hatred. He was done with Dream, he was done letting people hurt him, he was done with L'ma...
12.8K 609 57
"If you live to be a hundred, I would want to live to be a hundred minus one day. So that I never have to live without you." ยปยป-----ใ€€โ˜€ใ€€-----ยซยซ IN WHI...
25.1K 925 26
Y/n L/n or always known as "Sir Calypso". "He" is the best warrior that had ever lived, the one that ended the war. No one knows how nor will they ev...
51.7K 2.7K 43
BOOK TWO PRIME GODS AU READ DO I SHOOT HIM OR DO I AIM FOR THE SKIES FIRST! (A Friend From Another Life too, but it's not required.) (Y/N), and some...