~Stars~ Todoroki x Reader

By BNHASimppp

Y/N L/N has a pretty powerful quirk and a dream to become a hero just like her older brother. She enters U.A... More

Meet The author
Meet Y/N L/N
Chapter 1- The Beginning
Chapter 2 ~ A Flirt?
Chapter 3 ~ C'mon Katsuki
Chapter 4 ~ Morning Chaos
Chapter 5 ~ Recommendation Entrance Exam P1
Chapter 6 ~ Recommendation Entrance Exam P2
Chapter 7 ~ Strawberry Milk
Chapter 8 ~ Recommendation Entrance Exam P3
Chapter 9 ~ Aftermath
Chapter 11 ~ Detention
Chapter 12 ~ Meeting Todoroki Shoto
Chapter 13 ~ Meeting L/N Y/N (Shoto Edition)
Chapter 14 ~ U.A High
Chapter 15 ~ Assessment Test P1
Chapter 16 ~ Assessment Test P2
Chapter 17 ~ Morning Laughter
Chapter 18 ~ Hero Training Instruction
Chapter 19 ~ Deku vs Kacchan
Chapter 20 ~ Todoroki Vs Y/N
A/N Note
Chapter 21 ~ Star Mochizuki
Chapter 22 ~ New Friendship
Chapter 23 ~ Strawberry Cheesecake
Chapter 24 ~ Special Day
Chapter 25 ~ USJ Attack P1
Chapter 26 ~ USJ Attack P2
Chapter 27 ~ Starry Comfort
Chapter 28 ~ Best Friend
Chapter 29 ~ Best Friends P2
Chapter 30 ~ Silent Wrath
Chapter 31 ~ Announcement
Chapter 32 ~ Homework
Chapter 33 ~ Lies
Chapter 34 ~ Detention
Chapter 35 ~ Confusion
Chapter 36 ~ Denial P1
Chapter 37 ~ Denial P2
Chapter 38 ~ Suprise!
Chapter 39 ~ We Got Her
Chapter 40 ~ Ice Cream
Chapter 41 ~ Worried
Chapter 42 ~ If Only...
Chapter 43 ~ Missing
Chapter 44 ~ I Want To Go Home
Chapter 45 ~ Hidden Truths
Chapter 46 ~ I Found Y/N
Author Note
Chapter 47 ~ Stay With Me
Chapter 48 ~ Visit and a Text
Chapter 49 ~ Not A Date
Chapter 50 ~ Sports Festival
Chapter 51 ~ Will
Chapter 52 ~ No Choice
Chapter 53 ~ Round 2
Chapter 54 ~ Excuse me
Chapter 55 ~ Overthinking

Chapter 10 ~ The Letter

2.9K 61 153
By BNHASimppp

It was a Saturday evening when Mom and Kean came bursting into the living room while I was watching F/S (favorite show).

"Y/N Y/N Y/N!" Kean yelled at me. "WHAT WHAT WHAT!" I yelled back.
"It's here! It's finally here. Your letter from U.A honey!" Mom said as she waved the letter in my face. It took me a moment to process what they were saying. My face lit up in excitement as I jumped off the couch grabbing the letter.

"Hurry Open it, we want to see." "No I will open this myself and you can't stop me!" I ran up the stairs as Kean was yelling for me to come back so he could see my letter. I ran into my room locking it behind me. I let out a sigh as I held the letter in my hand. This is it. This letter is what will decide whether I become a hero or not.

I heard my phone ring from my desk. I dropped my letter on my desk and picked up my phone.

Shooting Star 💫: Hey did you get your letter I just got mine

Y/N: Yeah have you opened yours yet?

Shooting Star 💫: no. Not yet. Have you?

Y/N: No not yet. I'm super nervous. I'll txt you back when I open it. K?

Shooting Star 💫: Sure. Fingers crossed.

I turned off my phone and sat down on my desk. What if they say no and I didn't make it? I held it in my hands flipping it over and over again. It was a simple white envelope with an official UA stamp and my name and address on it. It was on the thicker side for a letter. I ripped it open and a little metal disk fell out. A hologram of Present Mic appeared and startled me.

"Helloooooo L/N Y/N!!. First off, thank you for taking your time to apply to our school. We know you spent a lot of time training both your mind and body for a chance here at U.A. Upon reviewing your we regret to inform you that you did not make it into U.A thank you for your time and it is without sincerest apologies. Good luck on your mission to become a hero but it's not here." his voice was stern and unlike his usual loud self.

Just like that, it was over. My dream is gone. Tears started trailing down my face as I covered it with my hands. I didn't even apply to any other hero schools. What am I going to do now?

"Sike!"
I looked back up at the hologram and Present Mic was still there.

"Upon reviewing your scores we are happy to say YOUUUU GOT INNNNNN With a written exam score of 80, a practical exam score of 95, and an interview score of excellent. You will receive your uniform sometime this week. In the envelope, there is a list of things you will need for the upcoming school year as well as your class schedule. If for some reason you decide not to attend U.A you have till April and the first two weeks of school to choose to join general studies or go to a different school. This weekend please submit your hero costume design to the U.A front office. WELCOME TO U.A HIGH."

With that, the hologram shut off. I stared blankly at the disk remnants of my tears still on my face. I immediately started jumping around my bedroom and dancing. "I GOT IN! I GOT IN! I GOT IN," I yelled as I ran out of my room and downstairs. Kean scooped me up into a hug and twirled me around. He had a big smile on his face. "Congratulations hun. I'm so proud of you. Did Star make it too? Let's invite him for dinner so we can have a celebration," I heard mom say as Kean dropped my back down. "Yeah N/n," He started fake crying as he said, "I can't believe your following in my footsteps." "Puhlease I am way better than you watch I will be way better," I smirked at him as I left to go text Star. I heard him yell yeah right and I just laughed to myself.

I picked up my phone and saw a message from Star.

Shooting Star💫: Well have you watched yours

Shooting Star 💫: Did you make it!?

Shooting Star 💫: please don't tell me you failed the written I will be very upset. I made you a study guide and everything.

Y/N: Tell me first did you make it?

Y/N: What were your scores?

Shooting Star 💫: I got 95 points on the written exam, 50 Practical points, and 35 rescue points

Y/N: YOU GOT INNNNNNNNNNN!!! But what in the world are rescue points

Shooting Star 💫: Apparently they were secret points that the students didn't know about.

Y/N: No fair I want secret points

Shooting Star 💫: 🤪 too bad~

Y/N: Mom wants to know if you can come for celebratory dinner!

Shooting Star 💫: HELL YEAH! Your mom's cooking is way better than the pizza here. I'll be over in 10

I ran downstairs and told Mom and Kean that Star will be joining us for dinner. I, Mom, and Kean got started in making the dinner as Star and his mom arrived. They even brought fresh fruits for the occasion. We laughed and joked as we set up the table. "Y/N darling do the trick for this special occasion," Star's mom said as she came up to me with a melon. I sheepishly laughed as I turned on the sink I used my quirk drawing out the water. With a quick slice of my hand, the water turned sharp as a knife and swiftly cut straight through the melon.

Everyone let out noises of excitement and laughs as they grabbed pieces of the melon. I was smiling widely cause this was the first time in a long time that we were all here eating together. Mom and Kean didn't have work and even Star and his mom were able to come. We all sat around the table as Kean placed the food. It was all me and Star's favorites and there was a lot of it.

"Thank you for the meal!"

As we ate Star and I told them about our testing. "You should have seen me out there I was swinging left and right at the bots. Though they were mainly One-pointers I got a lot of them. There were so many people all vying for a spot. I even saw some cool people with really cool quirks," Star exclaimed, "Oh yeah Y/N who was your teacher on the video. Mine was All Might. THE ALL MIGHT. Apparently, he's going to be a teacher this year."

I nearly choked on my food. "That's so not fair. You got ALL MIGHT. I just got Present Mic," I sighed. "That's very surprising that All Might is a teacher this year. I mean he is an alumna but still," Kean said as he ate some food. "What about you Y/N darling, how was your testing?" Star's mom asked me. As I told her about she laughed at my poor situation with Endeavor's son so did mom. Kean shook his head at his food and Star got visibly upset at my story but I just ignored him he probably ate something bad.

We continued to make jokes as we finished eating. Mom and Star's mom went outside with a glasses of wine to talk and left me, Kean, and Star to clean up. Well, only me and Star were cleaning. Kean just sat at the island drinking a beer.

"Hey Kean, what should we expect at U.A?" Star asked as he handed me the dishes. I also looked at Kean waiting for him to answer cause I was curious.

"Well they do a lot of quirk training and depending on the teachers you get determines how hard your quirk training will be," He takes a sip of his beer "Then of course there is the U.A sports festival where you get scouted. That was where Endeavor scouted me in my 3rd year. That's about it for 1st years. It's a regular school with quirk training."

"That's so boring!" I dropped my hands in the water.

"Yeah, it sounds boring, but training could be fun. I just hope they don't make me run laps all the time." Star said.

"When you guys get to the sports festival, you should do your best. All Might doesn't scout people and since he's going to be a teacher this year he can't. Endeavor rarely scouts anyone, it took me 3 years to be noticed by him. Best Jeanist, I don't know about how he scouts people but seeing as he is the third-ranked hero you should still try to be noticed by him," He smirked "If you're lucky maybe I'll see you guys during your internship. IF Endeavor likes you."

~Time Skip~

After everyone left I went straight upstairs and quickly begun planning out my hero costume. ---------------------------------------------------------------

Hahaha I felt this needed a little jump scare. When I wrote this I originally wasn't going to do a fake-out but it just went that way 😊.

You don't have to read this part: A little information more information about Star. His mom is asexual and as far as we know doesn't have a quirk. she did have a surrogate mother and a sperm donor. Unknown sperm donor's quirk is hologram and the surrogate's is solidify. In terms of Star's quirk solidify makes his holograms solid turning it into actual objects. His mom was actually the one to name his quirk. Unlike most babies, he was born with a full head of hair the color of the galaxy that's how he got his name Star. Once his quirk manifested his mom thought it was only right to name it wish like a wish upon a star. He does have the potential to have the items last longer than 10 minutes but seeing as it takes a lot of brain energy to use, he still has a long way to go.
-Chimchim

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.6K 292 11
-as a student who transferred into university in the middle of the year for classified reasons, y/n struggles to fit the expectations that are set...
23.5K 503 21
Shoto Todoroki has been a fiery but reasonable kid, never afraid to lash out when someone insults him, aiming to become a true hero, unlike his fathe...
1.3K 68 4
"Your existence in itself is a stain on our family." For as long as she could remember, Erumi grew up hearing those words. As an illegitimate daught...
603K 17.7K 38
(Y/N) is a young girl who just wants to be a hero just like everyone else. Her life wasn't easy though. She has always kept to herself and didn't lik...