Her (Harry Potter x Reader)

By acciobambi

Two burning hearts that dared to break Remeber, nobody said that it would last forever. Harry Potter, the boy... More

Authors Note
Welcome to Hogwarts
Hi Im y/n l/n
Tea Leaves and Girl Talk
Effortlessly
The Kiss
Do I?
The Fat Lady
Gryffindor vs Hufflepuff
He was their friend
Christmas at The Burrow
The Marauders Map and its lies
Buckbeak
The Truth Comes Out
Turning Back the Clock
Daddy Dearest
Qudditch World Cup
The Triwizard Tournament
Game on
A Day of Love
Champion Selection
A Face in the Fire
Harry and Ron
Ferret Boy
First Task
What Could've Been
Finding Dates
Yule Ball
An Underlying Message
Second Task
Barty Crouch Jr.
Third Task
He's Back
About Bloody Time
The Order
Harry's Hearing
A Rocky Start
Umbridge
By Blood
The Deadly Pink Takeover
Dumbledore's Army
Occulemency
Christmas at Grimmauld Place
Reading The Clouds
Caught
Firsts
Into The Ministry We Go
The Department of Mysteries
Sirius
It's Time
Price to Pay
A Bittersweet Reunion
Draco and Mummy
Here We Go Again
Amortentia
Tom Marvalo Riddle
Qudditch Tryouts
Dinner Parties and Eye-Shagging
A Miniute Alone
Unbreakable Vows
Calm Before The Storm
The End of The Burrow
A Poisonous Celebration
Sectumsempra
Liquid Luck
New Wands and Horcruxes
7 Potters
Before it's too Late
Nightmare Releif
Chaos at the Ministry
Game Night
Dark Magic and it's Effects
No Turning Back
Firewhiskey in France
17
Godric's Hollow
Ron's Return
Xenophelius Lovegood
Muffilato
Snatched
Escaping Malfoy Manor
Dobby
Questions and Unwanted Answers
The Wonders of Polyjuice Potion
Gringotts
Back to Hogwarts
The Ghost of Ravenclaw Tower
The Room of Requirment
Memories
The Boy Who Lived
It All Ends
Her
Epilouge
BONUS - ALTERNATE ENDING

Dumbledore

33.4K 1.1K 7.9K
By acciobambi

"He trusted you!"

harry pov

The past day has been chaotic, to say the least. 

Dumbledore had apparated us out of Hogwarts to a cave to retreive one of Voldermort's horcruxes. A locket.

I was nearly drowned to death by inferi. It's all to much to explain right now.

When we got back, Dumbledore told me I needed to stay hidden on the lower level of the astronomy tower and that no matter what happens to stay there and stay quiet.

I think something bad is about to happen.

Malfoy only confirmed my suspicions when he entered the tower.

"Good evening, Draco." Dumbledore greeted. "What brings you here on this fine spring night?"

"Who else is here? I heard voices."

"I often talk aloud to myself. I find it extraordinarily useful."

A soft rustling tore my attention away from the two. I looked ahead of me to see y/n. What's she doing here?

I quietly walked up behind her and put my hand over her mouth. 

She began to try and struggle out of my grip before seeing it was just me.

"What are you doing here?" I mouthed.

She shrugged.

Why am I not suprised y/n has somehow also ended up in a potentially dangerous situation?

"Have you been whispering to yourself, Draco?" Dumbledore asked from above us.

Draco didn't reply. He pointed his wand directly at Dumbledore.

"Draco, you are no assassin."

"How do you know what I am? I've done things that would shock you." Malfoy said angrily. I could hear hints of fear in his voice.

"Like cursing Katie Bell and hoping that in return she'd bear a cursed necklace to me? Like replacing a bottle of mead with one laced with poison?"

I knew he was behind that.

"Forgive me, Draco. I cannot help feeling these actions are so weak that your heart can't really have been in them."

"He trusts me. I was chosen." Malfoy pulled up his sleeve to reveal the dark mark. 

I turned to see y/n's reaction. She didn't look sad like she did when we first found out, just disappointed. 

Dumbledore didn't look phased either.

"Then I shall make it easy for you."

"Expelliarmus!" Malfoy yelled. Dumbledore's wand flew out of his hand.

"Very good. Very good." Dumbledore complimented almost as if he wanted Malfoy to kill him.

I know he has something up his sleeve. He has to.

The door to the astronomy tower was pushed fully open.

"You're not alone. There are others. How?" Dumbledore questioned.

"The vanishing cabinet in the room of requirement. I've been mending it."

"Let me guess. It has a sister. A twin."

"In Borgin and Burkes. They form a passage."

So that's why he and Mrs. Malfoy were there that day. This plan has been in action since before the school year even started.

"Ingenious." Dumbledore complimented yet again. "Draco, years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices. Please let me help you."

"I don't want your help! Don't you understand? I have to do this. I have to kill you! Or he's going to kill me." Draco choked out. His hand was shaking.

Bellatrix, Greyback, and two more deatheaters entered the astronomy tower.

"Well, look what we have here. Well done, Draco. Where's the girl?" Bellatrix demanded.

y/n.

"I-i couldn't find her." Draco stuttered.

I turned to y/n. She shook her head no. 

He's lying. He found y/n that's why she's here. So then why didn't he say that?

"You couldn't find her?" Greyback growled.

Malfoy looked down. Bellatrix looked angry with him but she shook it off.

"Very well. We will get her one way or another."

"Good evening, Bellatrix." Dumbledore calmy greeted. "I think introductions are in order, don't you?"

"Love to, Albus, but I'm afraid we're all on a bit of a tight schedule. Do it." Bellatrix demanded eagrly.

"He doesn't have the somach, just like his father." Greyback said once moments had passed and Malfoy had done nothing. "Let me finish him my own way."

"No! The dark lord was clear, the boy is to do it. Draco, this is your moment. Do it." Bellatrix demanded again.

Another rustling from beside y/n and I made us turn our heads.

Snape.

He held his wand to his lips to signal for us not to say anything. This must be Dumbledore's plan. Snape is in the order he has to be here to help.

"Go on, Draco. Now!" Bellatrix yelled from above us.

Snape rushed up the stairs at Bellatrix's demand. 

"No." He simply said.

Everyone turned their heads at his presence.

Dumbledore looked releived but also saddened by his arrival.

"Severus. Please."

Snape raised his wand to Dumbledore.

"Avada kedavra."

The spell sent Dumbledore falling back and off the tower. I could hear someone from the courtyard below us all scream.

I did my best to keep quiet like Dumbledore told me.

Bellatrix grabbed Malfoy and she, Snape, and the rest of the deatheaters exited the tower, slamming the door shut behind them.

y/n let out a sob once they were gone. I wish I had time to comfort her but I need to go after them.

"Stay here." I instructed as I got up.

"Where are you going?"

"After Snape."

"No, no, I'm coming with you." She said as she stood up.

"You're staying here. I need you safe. If they get you again they'll kill you and I promised I wouldn't let anything happen to you."

"Please be careful."

"I will."

I pulled her in for a kiss really hoping it wasn't our last.

When we pulled away, she looked up at me sadly. If the situation were any different, I would've stayed.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

With that, I ran after the deatheaters. 

Soon, I could hear the sound of glass breaking in the great hall and Bellatrix laughing maniacally.

I didn't catch up with them until they had reached the steps to Hagrid's. 

"Hagrid! Hello?" Bellatrix sing songed.

"Snape!" I yelled.

He turned around with hints of fear and guilt in his eyes.

"He trusted you!"

Bellatrix sent a spell towards Hagrid's hut. The entire thing burst into flames just as the Burrow had two months ago. I can only pray Fang and Hagrid weren't in there.

"Go on." He instructed to Malfoy.

"Incarceous." I said with my wand pointed at Snape. He blocked the spell.

"Fight back you coward!" I yelled as the tears began to stream down my face. 

Dumbledore trusted and defended him and he killed him effortlessly.

Bellatrix shot the crucatous curse at me and I fell to the ground in pain.

"No! He belongs to the dark lord." Snape yelled to her.

"Sectumsempra!" I yelled for the second and hopefully the last time.

Snape dodged it and sent another crucio at me. I had only been hit with it twice tonight and it was enough to make me want to give up. I don't know how y/n survived this summer.

Snape walked up to me.

"You dare use my own spells against me, Potter?" 

I looked up at him in realization of who the textbook belonged to.

"Yes. I'm the half blood prince."

He looked down at me in disgust and sent a final cruciatus curse at me. I groaned in pain.

He disappeared after Bellatrix and Malfoy.

I looked up at the sky to see the darkmark.

The war has started

~

y/n pov

Despite my better judgement and what Harry told me to do, I left the tower. I felt like a sitting duck just waiting for nothing.

I stood next to Ginny in the courtyard. The entire scool had gathered to mourn Dumbledore.

I still can't beleive Snape killed him. I knew he was no good. I just wish Dumbledore had realized in time.

On the bright side, Draco's not a murderer.

Harry passed through the crowd to make his way to Dumbledore. He knelt down beside him and pressed a hand to his chest.

He let out a quiet cry as he realized Dumbledore was really gone.

I slowly walked over to him. I knelt down and wrapped my arms around him.

I owe him after all the times he's been my shoulder to cry on.

Professor Mcgonagoll was the first to raise her wand into the air. 

A wizarding tradition.

Soon after everyone followed her and raised their wands in the air to mourn Professor Albus Dumbledore.

~

School ended a month early this year.

Without Dumbledore it's hard to finish the year.

Professor Mcgonagoll is becoming headmaster at the start of next year.

"Do you think he would've done it? Draco?" Hermione asked us.

The four of us stood in the astronomy tower looking out at the school grounds as the sun set in the sky.

"No. Even if he wanted it to. He doesn't show it but he cares." I answered.

"He was lowering his wand. In the end it was Snape." Harry said sadly. "It was always Snape. And I did nothing."

I rubbed his back in comfort.

Hermione looked over the horcrux locket he and Dumbledore had gotton.

"To top it all off the horcrux is fake. Open it."

Hermione opened it to reveal a folded up peice of paper. She carefully unfolded it.

To the dark lord.

I know I will be dead long before you read this but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real horcrux and intend to destory it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match you will be mortal once more.

- R.A.B

"Who's R.A.B?" Ron asked.

"Don't know. But whoever they are, they have the real horcrux. Which means it was all a waste. All of it." Harry said. He was reffering to the mission he and Dumbledore went on.

I sighed and looked out at the sunset.

"I'm not coming back. I've got to finish whatever Dumbledore started. I don't know where that'll lead me, but I'll let you all know where I am when I can."

I laughed lightly.

"What?" Harry asked.

"I've always admired your courage, Harry. But sometimes, you can be really thick." Hermione shook her head.

"You don't really think you're going to be able to find all those horcruxes by yourself, do you?" I asked.

"You need us, Harry." Ron added as he patted him on the back.

"Like I said, we're in this together." Hermione said.

We all looked out again at the sunset for the last time. I'm going to miss this place, every part of it. But at least I have the people with me who made it my home.

-------------------------------

( Words - Published January 2, 2020)

Ok, I hate hate hate Dumbledore but this hurt to write.

Anyways it's time to go Horcrux Hunting. Anything you all want to see in their time before the Battle of Hogwarts?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 3.6K 94
Book 1 of the Heart like yours series (HARRY POTTER) * (HARRY POTTER SERIES) |Prisoner of Azkaban to Deathly Hallows| |Slow Burn| |Includes Cho C...
34.1K 1.4K 24
*Completed Story* ~Sequel to "Small Accidents, New Beginnings"~ After coming back to his sixteen-year-old self and getting his memories back, Harry...
3.1K 134 18
COMPLETED First book in the love as trilogy. A Harry Potter fanfiction. 5th year (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix) Being thrown into the mi...
290K 5.4K 80
Boys, Boys and more boys (Harry Potter fanfic) going to Hogwarts is going to be a journey full of adventure mysteries and maybe even romance ? *read...