The story of tonight (Groffli...

By grofflins_sauce

Just another Grofflin FanFiction (wholesome/a bit angst) More

A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44

Chapter 20

223 7 6
By grofflins_sauce

                                Groff's POV

This morning surprisingly went normal. Seb went to school on time without a hassle, Lin actually woke up instead of sleeping in, and I woke up perfectly. Speaking of Seb, the situation he was in wasn't that big of a deal, so we decided to call off the meeting with the principal. It only made sense because both Lin and I are not to good in those types of talks. I can just imagine the day we have a parent teacher conference and Seb gets in trouble for saying a bad word or a really good joke. Lin and I would be laughing our asses off while the teacher would be all mad at us for 'not knowing how to raise a child'.

Other than that, we have a show at eight today, so we're going to have to drop Seb off at Lin's parents's house again. I hate doing that only because I'm the one who has to drive and it's a long drive from the theater, to their house, and back to our house. It takes like an hour to get home and I just want to sleep.

Currently, Lin and I are out while Seb is at school. We just went out for groceries, but ended up having a load of fans taking pictures of us and with us so...
If we we couldn't be more obvious, right? I mean don't get me wrong, I love our fans and all but sometimes they need to just let us have our personal lives separate from our 'celebrity' lives I guess you could call it. I mean we were planning on telling them somehow.

One set of fans actually asked if we were dating. While they asked us that they were recording so we like had no idea what to say other than "No we're just really good friends." Good thing we are actors so we can play it off easily.

Unlike the other cast members, we kind of have to wake up early in the morning. Some of them have kids, but at the same time their partners work in a completely different department than us. It is the main reason why Lin and I are always so tired all the time. I would take a break, but at the same time I already missed a day this week and I don't want it to become repetitive. When it becomes medical, I will take a long break to myself, and if Lin wants to join, even better.

Now that we were going home, we would be able to get a nap before we pick up Seb at 3:30. It was starting to get really cold in New York. All that means is that if it snows, I might just be staying home since driving in the snow is horrendous for me. It also means that Christmas is nearing and that I get to snuggle with Lin more often than usual, which will probably be all the time since we are always close to each other. Cold weather also means that my Harry Potter marathon will soon take place. I don't know why, but whenever it's cold, I feel like watching all the movies in one night.

When we got back to the house Lin looked at me tiredly and said "Can we sleep? I'm tired, but at the same time what if we forget to pick up Seb?"

"It's ok Lin. We could tell your parents to pick him up since the school is close to their house. Seb will be fine either way" I reassured him.

"Yeah alright. Do you want to nap with me because I would love to have you as a cuddle buddy."

"That sounds kinky Lin... like really kinky..."

"Oh shut up! Come on, let's go" he said pulling me upstairs and into our room. He pulled me into bed with him and snuggled into me like the many times before.

"You still have to call your parents and ask if they can pick up Sebby" I said almost jokingly.

He groaned in discomfort and grabbed his phone to call his parents. It started ringing and some one, who sounded like his mom picked up. "Hello?"

"Hey Ma! It's your favorite son calling. I wanted to know if you could pick up Sebastian from school. I'm really tired and I haven't had much of a break in a while."

"Of course, but when does he need to be out?"

"He get's out at 3:30pm so just be there by then."

"Ok, I'll text you when I have him. Get some rest Lin!"

"Ok mom I'll talk to you later."

"Ok, bye!"

"Bye" he said as he hung up. He practically threw his phone onto the night stand and threw himself at me. He was just comforted by me for some reason.

I kissed his forehead and put my chin over his head so I could at least try and rest. There was a lot of light in the room since it was so dark, so I definitely couldn't sleep automatically. I just looked off into a distance and tried not to think of anything at all.

I thought Lin was already asleep, but I heard a muffled, "you ok?"

I answered, "I just can't sleep even though I'm so tired. Like I would love to sleep right now but I just can't."

Lin looked up to give me a kiss, which landed on my jawline, and snuggled closer into me. "I don't know how I could help you, but just close your eyes. You're keeping them wide open."

How did he know I had my eyes opened? Eh whatever he knows me more than my own parents do. I'm not surprised. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep once again until I felt me drifting into dream land. It felt great if I'm being honest. (A/N I'm literally falling asleep reading this).

~
I wake up to the sound of Lin's voice calling my name while shaking me awake. He looked at me as if he was in a rush. That's when I remembered we have a show today and that we didn't set an alarm. The clock read 6:30. We had to be at the theater by six.

I jumped out of bed, tried to somewhat fix my hair, and ran downstairs along with Lin who was following me. I was sweating more than ever. I've never been late to Hamilton before. This is going to be humiliating.

We drove to the theater and arrived at about 6:50. Almost an hour late, are you kidding me!? When we finally got into the theater, we were greeted with hi's and hello's from the cast. Tommy on the other hand looked at us and jokingly said "Thank god you guys are here! I was so close to calling Javier and Andrew-"

"Ok ok Tommy we get it we're late" Lin said obviously annoyed and in a rush. I gave Tommy an apologetic look and followed Lin into our dressing room. We started getting dressed as fast as we could. Lin still looked frustrated even though we're already done with the process of getting dressed.

I put my arm around his shoulders and asked "You ok?" He shook his head and he leaned into me. "What's wrong?"

"I just can't believe I'm late to my own show! I'm so stupid. I shut off the alarm."

I rubbed his shoulder and and told him "Woahwoahwoah calm down Lin. It's ok! Everyone has to be late once, right? It isn't that big of a deal. At least you're not fired from your own show. That would be even more humiliating" I said chuckling towards the end to try and lighten the mood.

"Yeah I guess you're right." Lin stood up and looked outside of the door. "I think it's almost show time. I better go. See you later" he said while walking towards me. He gave me a kiss on the cheek and walked out to the show.

God I love that man. He's just difficult sometimes, but it's nothing I can't handle.

~

After the show, we went to go pick up Seb from Lin's parents' house. This time Lin agreed to drive while I chill in the passenger seat. We both went into the house since we were quite awake because of that nap we had. Lin decided that we should have a conversation with his parents since he hadn't done that in a while.

Lin's mom and dad talked to me more than they talked to Lin. They just asked how it was growing up in Lancaster. I enjoyed it until it got to the part where they asked about my parents. I replied with "They were always there for me when I was really young. I would go to church with my mom and brother every Sunday and they cared for me... a lot."

Lin's dad got confused, "I don't know if I can ask this, but why do you speak in past tense? You're saying it like they don't love you anymore."

I started getting a little teary eyed when he said the last part. I love my parents so much, but they just didn't except me for being me. "They uh- excuse me- they didn't really... y'know... except me. They didn't like that they had a gay son. I'm sure they rather not talk to me, but if they ever apologized to me I'd still love them unconditionally despite their hate for me." I was silently cry towards the end.

Lin started rubbing my back knowing that I needed it. I looked up and saw the shocked expressions on Lin's mom and dad's faces. They looked terrified. Not of me, but for me. That was the first. "I'm so sorry that I asked... I-I didn't know it was a touchy subject. I shouldn't have asked. Jonathan I'm so sorry." Lin's dad said continuously.

I looked at him wiped my tears and said "No it's ok, I just haven't talked about it in a while. I'm usually not this emotional. I'm really open about it too so it's ok."

Lin's dad gave me a hug, and even though he was shorter than I was, I felt loved from him. Then he told me "You're always welcome here. Always. Dare I say,... siempre."

I smiled and thank him. Lin's mom was next in line. I could really use a mom hug right now. I'm guessing she sensed that and just hugged me. No words no nothing. I was trying so hard not to cry more than I already did.

I sighed and looked at my watch. It read 12:30. "We should really get going now. Thank you for having us!" I told Lin parents as Lin went to go get Sebby.

We got into the car and Lin decided to drive. We said our final goodbyes and drove home. Lin had his hand on my thigh the whole way. It wasn't sexual obviously, but it was more of just comfort. When we got home I got out of the car and Lin rushed to the other side and gave me a big hug. I of course hugged him back while he rubbed my back. "I love you Groff" was all he said after he went to get Seb out of the car.

We went inside and while Lin went to put Seb to bed, I was changing into appropriate clothing. I was very thankful that Lin actually helped out today. He was being very generous today. He came into the room and went to go get changed while I got into bed before him. Once he came out, he laid with me in bed and cuddled into me as always.

"Thank you" is what I said when he got comfortable.

"For what?"

"You helped out with Seb and the driving home. I just wanted to thank you."

"Oh ok. It's not a problem" he said. He gave me a kiss on my jawline and went to sleep. That was quick.

Hope you guys liked that chapter! I was out for a little over a week due to testing and that kind of stuff. Thank you for reading yet another one of these chapters!

Questions comments concerns or suggestions?

2065 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 45 18
If you read this,, you like angst and fluff like mE This is my first fanfic !
4.4K 169 28
A Grofflin story.
95 1 14
Just random one shots that come to mind. Mostly angst and platonic!reader.
153K 3.3K 58
character x character character x reader etc yay wooh read it please