Elegance | Harry Potter

Autorstwa potterhy

Slow burn Harry Potter x oc! Evelyn Clermont, Fleur's sister, goes to Hogwarts despite everyone's expectatio... Więcej

A/N
The Decision
Year 1-1 | Hogwarts
Year 1-2 | Sorting
Year 1-3 | First Day
Year 1-4 | Flying Lesson
Year 1-5 | Trolls
Year 1-6 | 3rd floor
Year 1-7 | First Game of Quidditch
Year 1-8 | Christmas
Year 1-9 | Nicolas Flamel
Year 1-10 | Detention
Year 1-11 | Trapdoor
Year 1-12 | Wizard's Chess
Proper
Disgrace
Year 2-1 | New Year
Year 2-2 | Defense Against Dark Arts
Year 2-3 | Eat Slugs
Year 2-4 | Heir of Slytherin
Year 2-5 | Chamber of Secrets
Year 2-6 | Ginny Weasley
Year 2-7 | Duel
Year 2-8 | Dumbledore
Year 2-9 | Polyjuice Potion
Year 2-10 | Basilisk
Year 2-11 | Tom Riddle
Year 2-12 | Diary of Tom Riddle
Year 2-13 | Un-Petrify
The Malfoy Ball
Knight Bus
Year 3-1 | Unexpected Ride
Year 3-2 | The Grim
Year 3-3 | Euphoria
Year 3-4 | Boggart
Year 3-5 | Lonely
Year 3-6 | Storm
Year 3-7 | Hogsmeade
Year 3-8 | Buckbeak
Year 3-9 | Scabbers
Year 3-10 | Werewolf
Yead 3-11 | Brave
Year 3-12 | Myself
Quidditch World Cup
The Dark Mark
Year 4-1 | Pumpkin Pasties
Year 4-2 | Goblet of Fire
Year 4-3 | The 3 Unforgivable Curses
Year 4-4 | Age Line
Year 4-5 | Friendship
Year 4-6 | Ferret
Year 4-7 | The First Task
Year 4-8 | Partner
Year 4-9 | Yule Ball
Year 4-10 | Golden Egg
Year 4-11 | Second Task
Year 4-12 | Third Task
Year 4-13 | Barty Crouch Jr.
Dinner
Grief
Year 5-1 | The Boy who Lies
Year 5-2 | Special Quill
Year 5-3 | Relationships
Year 5-4 | New Rules
Year 5-5 | Dumbledore's Army (1)
Year 5-6 | Dumbledore's Army (2)
Year 5-7 | Dumbledore's Army (3)
Year 5-8 | Dumbledore's Army (4)
Year 5-9 | Dumbledore's Army (5)
Year 5-10 | Christmas
Year 5-11 | Dumbledore's Army (6)
Year 5-12 | Sirius Black
Year 5-13 | Department Of Mysteries
Year 5-14 | Prophecy
Year 5-15 | Dumbledore vs Voldemort
Year 5-16 | Someone Worth Fighting For
Phlegm
Joke Shop
Year 6-1 | Death Eater
Year 6-2 | Liquid Luck
Year 6-3 | Quidditch Tryouts
Year 6-4 | Butterbeer
Year 6-5 | Slug Club
Year 6-6 | Quidditch (2)
Year 6-7 | Won Won
Year 6-8 | Christmas Party
Year 6-9 | Burrow
Year 6-10 | Burrow (2)
Year 6-10 | Secrets
Year 6-11 | Love Potion
Year 6-12 | Sectumsempra
Year 6-13 | The Chosen One
Year 6-14 | Astronomy Tower
Sacrifices
Wedding
Muggle World
Ministry of Magic
Dumbledore's Will
Godric's Hollow
Malfoy Mannor
Shell Cottage
Gringotts
Battle Of Hogwarts (1)
Battle Of Hogwarts (2)
Our Time
Battle Of Hogwarts (3)
...
Con.
(Bonus 1)
(Bonus 2)
End of The Story Special :)
Alternative Ending

Sword of Gryffindor

10.6K 380 787
Autorstwa potterhy

❝︎The boy needs to die❞︎

Sword of Gryffindor.

Harry's POV

I woke up to Hermione sitting on my bed reading a book. My head felt fresh as if I've been out for days. Evelyn wasn't awake yet laying down on her bed with the locket still around her neck. She didn't look fine at all, she had cold sweats.

"Harry- you're up," Hermione said as I sat up.

"What happened?"

"You've been out for a few days, the snake bite."

"What happened to Evelyn?"

"Same thing. She has a minor fever too. Common cold. She'll be fine."

"Well Hermione she doesn't look fine-"

"There's nothing more I can do Harry."

I didn't reply and only sighed getting out of bed, "Where's my wand Hermione?" She hesitated before replying looking at me sympathetically, "Where is it?"

She pulled out two pieces of wood, my wand snapped in two barely holding onto each other with just a strand of a phoenix feather. Looking at the severed wand only crushed my hopes. "Don't get mad Harry, the locket can make people do things they'd never even think of," she said.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Evelyn broke it."

"What?" I said in disbelief. I was in complete shock. Evelyn would never do that. Hermione must've saw something wrong. No, Evelyn would never do such thing. "You clearly saw something wrong Hermione."

"No, I saw her break it just before you two lost conscious. I know what I saw Harry. I'm sure she had a good reason."

"Bullshit," I muttered watching Hermione's eyes widen, "I don't believe it and I won't believe it unless Evelyn looks into my eyes and says she broke it on purpose. Give me your wand for now Hermione," I muttered. She opened her mouth but no words came out. I didn't bother and just stormed out of the tent. There's no way she'd betray me like that.

Evelyn's POV

I slowly opened my eyes finding Hermione sitting right beside my bed reading her book. I felt refreshed like I hadn't slept like this in forever. No one else was inside the tent except for Hermione and I. I slowly began to remember everything that happened before apparated back to this forest. How much of a close call it was with Voldemort almost killing us, but most importantly, I broke Harry's wand.

"Hermione," I called out for her sitting up straight, "Where's Harry and what happened?"

"He's outside getting some air. How are you feeling?" She said putting her book down.

"Really refreshed."

"That's good. So erm... Do you remember anything from before you fainted?"

"...Yeah, yeah. Everything."

"Why'd you do it?" She asked. Why did I break his wand... For us. It's true I didn't want him to fight against Voldemort but never my intention to go as far as to break his wand. I have to say, I do stand by that choice.

"It was out of my conscious. I wasn't thinking straight," I replied after a pause.

"Right, the locket," Hermione said sighing out of relief.

"But-" Hermione's eyes shot up again at my words, "If I was given the option to change the past... I think I'd do it again."

"Why?" Hermione asked furrowing her eyebrows.

"The book Dumbledore left me in his will had something about horcruxes in it. It said anyone who already created a horcrux, their soul is broken. And when their physical body dies their soul will be attached to the closest living thing. That night when Lilly and James Potter died, the night you-know-who died..."

"...Harry was the closest living thing," Hermione said, her expressions stiffening, "that's why you broke his wand. So he won't be able to fight you-know-who."

"Mainly my intention was to slow us down from finding the rest of the horcruxes so I can somehow figure out a way to separate the two souls but yes, that was a part of it. The last option."

"We should tell Harry this," Hermione said standing up.

"No," I said quickly standing up too and grabbing her arm, "he'll be in too much pain. We already have this big quest and it doesn't feel right to add another burden on Harry." She didn't say anything and looked at me with teary eyes.

"Does Harry know I broke his wand?" I asked taking a deep breath.

"Yes," Hermione replied making my heart drop.

"I'll talk to him," I said brushing past her and leaving the tent. Outside, there was no sign of Harry. Instead in a distance I could see a stag patronus. Assuming it was Harry who casted the spell, I walked towards where the stag came from ignoring where the stag was headed to. I couldn't find anyone there and just stood in the middle of the dark forest looking around. Hearing a sudden crack, I quickly turned around to find Snape with his wand pointed at me with a finger pressed on his lips. I didn't say anything and only glared at him. The man who betrayed Dumbledore furthermore killing him.

"How much do you know?" Snape muttered quietly keeping his wand pointed at me.

"Enough to know what coward you are," I spat not breaking the eye contact.

"How much of the book did you read?"

The book? How does he know about the book and it's contents? "None."

"Where is the book?"

"I burned it."

"So you know that Potter needs to die," He said lowering his wand. I didn't reply only stared at him confused.

"Where is he? I saw him cast a patronus coming from right here... Did you-"

"That was my patronus. Not a stag, a doe. He's retrieving the Sword of Gryffindor right now."

"The Sword of Gryffindor is in the forest of Dean? Why would it be here? And what do you mean your patronus is a doe? I thought that was-"

"No questions. Dumbledore wished for you to leave Potter. The boy needs to die," he said before apparating away. That's the whole reason Dumbledore left me that book. So I don't stop him from sacrificing himself for millions- perhaps billions of people. He left me that book so I don't be selfish. So I do the right thing. Such a cruel person Dumbledore is having to make me leave the one I've loved for years.

"Evelyn?" I turned around to find Ron walking up towards me, "who were you talking to?"

"No one. I see you decided to come back."

"I see you stayed."

"...Not for long," I whispered, "How did you know we were here?"

"I saw Harry's patronus and started to follow it."

"...Which way did the patronus go?"

"Er- This way I think," Ron said walking past me and towards a frozen lake. I followed him without saying anything until we reached the frozen lake where strange noises could be heard. There was a big hole in the middle of the ice and a figure beneath it. Not too far away was a pile of clothing that belonged to Harry. It didn't take me long to figure out what this was. Still wearing everything I had on, not even carrying about the cold or anything else, I dived right in the hole. Underwater, Harry was struggling to get out. On the bottom of the lake the Sword of Gryffindor shone even with no light source. The first thing I did was grab Harry and then the sword before swimming back out of the hole in the ice. We both gasped for air as we made it up and shivered badly. Ron ran over draping his jacket over me and throwing some dry clothes to Harry.

"Hermione?" Harry called out putting on his glasses.

"Are you mental?" Ron said furrowing his eyebrows.

"It was you?" Harry asked putting on his dry clothes.

"The one that pulled you out no, that was Evelyn," Ron replied.

"And you casted the doe, did you?"

"No, I thought that was you." replied.

"No, my Patronus is a stag."

"Right. Yeah. Antlers," Ron said imitating antlers.

"Thanks Evelyn," Harry said all completely dressed.

"...Yeah, you're welcome."

"We need to destroy the locket now," Harry said taking off the locket and placing it on a rock. "Evelyn, you have the sword. You should do it."

"Erm... Ron, could you do it? I'm still a little sick," I said handing him the Sword of Gryffindor. He hesitated looking at me strangely before taking the sword out of my hands. I didn't say anything and just stood by Harry's side.

"Okay, Ron. Do it," Harry said.

"I can't handle it. That thing affects me more than it affects any of you," Ron said hesitating.

"All the more reason."

"No. I can't."

"Then why are you here? Why did you come back?" Ron didn't reply, "Now, I'll have to speak to it in order for it to open. When it does, don't hesitate. I don't know what's in there, but it'll put up a fight. The bit of Riddle that was in that diary tried to kill me."

"Alright."

"One...two...three," Harry whispered something in parseltounge. The locket snapped open and a minor explosion of black cloud sent Harry and I backwards. Harry quickly crawled over towards me holding me tightly in his arm pulling me away from the black cloud and against the log where the locket was.

"I have seen your heart, and it is mine. I have seen your dreams, Ronald Weasley...and I have seen your fears. Least loved by your mother, who craved a daughter. Least loved by the girl who prefers your friend..." The black cloud in the shape of Voldemort's head whispered.

"Ron, kill it!" Harry shouted. From the black clouds, a pale ghostly Hermione and Harry walked towards Ron.

"We were better without you. Happier without you," The ghostly version of Harry spoke.

"Who could look at you compared to Harry Potter? What are you compared with the Chosen One?" The ghostly version of Hermione spoke.

"Ron, it's lying!" Harry shouted.

"Your mother confessed she would have preferred me as a son," the ghostly version of Harry said.

"What woman would take you? You are nothing. Nothing. Nothing compared to him," The ghostly version of Hermione said. The two ghostly versions of Hermione and Harry turned to face each other and began to kiss. It all looked so real even though I know it is fake.

"Don't look," Harry whispered covering my eyes, "it's not real."

Ron stood back up and charged with the sword. I couldn't see anything but Harry held me tighter as Ron's screams got closer. There was a loud clang just beside my ear and then complete silence for a while. I slowly slid Harry's hand down from my eyes meeting eyes with Ron standing right across from me. Beside me, the locket was completely broken.

"And just think of it... Only three to go," Ron said catching his breath.

~***~

"Hermione? Hermione?" Harry called out for Hermione walking towards the tent.

"Is everything all right?" Hermione asked walking out the tent.

"It's fine. Actually, you know, it's more than fine."

"Hey," Ron said appearing from behind me. Hermione face stiffened stomping her way past me and towards Ron.

"You-" She pulled Ron's bag off of his shoulders, "complete ARSE, Ronald Weasley!" She shouted throwing a pile of leaves at him, "You show up here after weeks, and you say 'hey'? Where's my wand Harry? Where's my wand?" Hermione said now stomping towards Harry.

"I don't know," Harry said walking back against a tree.

"Harry Potter, give me my wand."

"I don't have it."

"How come he's got your wand?" Ron asked tapping my shoulder. I didn't reply and only ignored his question.

"Never mind why he's got my wand," Hermione said walking back towards Ron and I. "What is that?" She asked looking at the broken locket in Ron's hands, "You destroyed it. And how is it that you just happen to have the sword of Gryffindor?"

"It's a long story," Ron replied.

"Don't think this changes anything."

"Oh, of course not. I only just destroyed a bloody Horcrux. Why would that change anything?" No one said a word, "Look, I wanted to come back as soon as I left. I just didn't know how to find you."

"Yeah, how did you find us?" Harry asked.

"With this," Ron replied taking out his deluminator. "It doesn't just turn off lights. I don't know how it works, but Christmas morning I was sleeping in this little pub keeping away from some Snatchers and I heard it.

"It?" Harry interrupted him.

"A voice... Your voice, Hermione... Coming out of it."

"And what exactly did I say, may I ask?" Hermione said.

"My name. Just my name. Like a whisper. So I took it, clicked it, and this tiny ball of light appeared. And I knew. And sure enough, it floated toward me, the ball of light went right to my chest, straight through me. Right here. And I knew it was gonna take me where I needed to go, so I Disapparated and came to this hillside. It was dark. I had no idea where I was. I just hoped that one of you would show yourself. And you did," Ron said turning to face me, "What exactly were you doing anyway?"

All the attention was on me now. Hermione looked at me sympathetically while Harry and Ron only stared waiting for answers. "I was going to talk to Harry about breaking his wand," I finally said.

"You broke his wand?!" Ron said furrowing his eyebrows. I didn't answer keeping eye contact with Harry. He looked at me with so much sadness as if his heart just shattered into million pieces.

"Answer his question Evelyn," He said, his sadness quickly turning into anger, "Answer it!"

"Yes," I whispered. It would be so much easier if I just lied. Tell him it's a misunderstanding. That's not what Dumbledore would like me to do is it? "Yes I did."

"Why would you do that? I thought- I trusted you!" I didn't reply or say anything. Only stared at him with teary eyes, "fuck- SAY SOMETHING."

"Harry that's enough-"

"NO!" Harry yelled ignoring Hermione, "We're done Evelyn. I think you should leave."

"You don't mean that," I said feeling my voice crack.

"I do. I think you should leave."

"Harry, you're not doing this again," Hermione said standing in between Harry and I.

"Yeah mate, I just came back," Ron said agreeing with Hermione.

"I'M NOT REPEATING MYSELF," Harry yelled storming back inside the tent.

"Evelyn don't even think about it," Hermione said grabbing my arm. "Don't do something you'll regret again."

I will eventually end up doing something I regret. Letting him go and sacrifice himself to save everyone. That's what Dumbledore wants me to do and that's what I should do. There are people dying everyday while we are out here. I can't be selfish. I really can't. There is no other way.

"I'm sorry Hermione," I said sliding her hand off of my arm and slowly began to back away, "It's Dumbledore's wish," I said before disapparating.

I didn't disapparate into somewhere far. I stayed in the forest of Dean only apparating outside the protection charms. Walking through the forest by myself, I let myself cry. I immediately stopped hearing someone walking up behind me. I turned around to see Scabior looking at me strangely. Soon I began to notice more snatchers appearing from the woods surrounding me.

"Evelyn Clermont," Scabior said walking up towards me, "What's someone like you doing in the forest of Dean?"

"Taking a walk," I replied trying to stay calm. He continued to walk towards me until his face was right in front of me. He then slowly leaned forward past my face smelling my hair.

"I know this smell," he whispered, "Very faint, but I recognize it." I froze not saying a word and slowly reached down for my wand in my pocket.

"Don't think about it," He said grabbing my wrist and stopping me from grabbing my wand, "Harry Potter's near, search the place," He ordered pushing my towards another snatcher.

"What should I do with her?" The snatcher asked.

"Take her to the Malfoys."

꧁♡꧂

Thank you for reading my story! Commenting / Voting greatly helps the growth of this story :)

I really didn't like this chapter for some reason.
I have few endings planned but I have no idea which one to use sooo...

Choose a number from 1-100.

I don't have 100 possible endings, I'm going by a specific pattern. Choose carefully, Evelyn's fate depends on it.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

2.1K 54 15
Hermione's little sister, Marie, is joining Hogwarts. She is just a year below her sister. She can't wait to spend her Hogwarts experience with her s...
149 15 11
Circe fernsby meets Draco in the countryside in France, where she lives because of her fathers work. When she transfers to Hogwarts for her sixth yea...
257K 6.4K 33
Another year has gone by. Isabelle Chan has decided to attend Hogwarts. Once she did, she met many friends. But the only thing that she's gotten more...
1K 172 41
This is the second book of me and my sister's fan fiction that we are making about Draco Malfoy. READ THE FIRST ONE FOR THIS TO MAKE SENSE! This is a...