The Dark Rose 🌹 {18+}

By chelseaxxm123

[COMPLETED] ೋღ🌹ღೋ He stands roughly a few feet away from me, his body towering over my crouched one. I bring... More

Copyright and Warning!!!
༺1༻
༺2༻
༺3༻
༺4༻
༺5༻
༺6༻
༺7༻
Character pictures: part 1
༺8༻
༺9༻
༺10༻
༺11༻
༺12༻
༺13༻
Character pictures: part 2
༺14༻
༺15༻
༺16༻
༺17༻
༺18༻
༺19༻
༺20༻
༺21༻
༺22༻
༺23༻
Character pictures: part 3
༺24༻
༺25༻
༺26༻
༺27༻
༺28༻
༺29༻
༺30༻
༺31༻
༺32༻
༺33༻
༺34༻
༺35༻
༺36༻
༺37༻
༺38༻
༺39༻
༺40༻
༺42༻
༺43༻
༺44༻
༺Epilogue༻

༺41༻

3.5K 161 29
By chelseaxxm123

'Of pain you could wish only one thing: that it should stop. Nothing in the world was so bad as physical pain. In the face of pain there are no heroes.' - George Orwell

ೋღ🌹ღೋ

I breeze past Aldéric, my heart racing and the wind blowing strongly against my face and hair as I swiftly move in and out through the trees. I've never run so fast in all my life and it's exhilarating, my body pulsating with unfathomable amounts of energy as my heart races against my chest.

The whole being a vampire thing isn't all that bad, except for having to drink blood. I'm still not used to it or even ready to drink human blood but Aldéric's been understanding and kind enough to let me drink from him. But I can't drink from him forever and soon I'm going to have a very important decision to make.

Alderic has already made it clear that animals won't be an option for me because I'm a newborn and animal blood won't be enough to sustain me. it pretty much means that soon some poor human is going to become my very own personal buffet.

I continue to run as hard and as fast as I can. To my left is Caleb and Emmi, the two of them moving simultaneously. To my right is my mother and father, both of them dressed for the cold outdoors. It's quite strange for me to see the King and Queen of the Rosalìa bloodline dressed so casually. They almost look like a normal couple, except for the whole running really fast thing.

Aldéric overtakes me a few seconds later before he slows to a halt and I reduce my speed until I'm standing behind him.

I study the area, Caleb and Emmi walking ahead, taking the lead as Caleb studies his tablet which shows where Richard and the other two are hiding.

We're in a crowded and busy street even though it's dark out because this is a vampire populated city run by Aldéric's father. The moon and stars are illuminating the city with buildings surrounding us In rows, most house lights turned on, offering us more light even though we can all see perfectly.

No one bats us an eye because we've dressed casual enough to blend in. We don't need anyone alarming Richard to our presence before we can grab him.

Alderic and I walk as one, following Caleb and Emmi as they lead us down the street, towards a large empty house with the lights turned off, my parents walking away to examine the rest of the city for any signs that someone may be watching us. The house is at the head of the street, overlooking the smaller homes with a large forest behind it, boarding of the forest from the rest of the street. It was of older architecture, it must have been truly stunning when it was first built with wide windows and a grand front door made from glass and gold frames. A large gate separates us from the home as Caleb comes to a stop in front of it, Emmi walking further to the right as she assesses it suspiciously.

"Are they here?" Aldaric asks from beside me.

I glimpse him from beside me and I have to admit he looks so damn hot in his black cargo pants, white tank top and black boots. Rested against his waist and attached to his belt is a black bag, filled with many sharp and deadly knives.  

I wonder if I'll get to see him use them.

"I'm not completely sure." Caleb answers, sounding frustrated, "Now that we're close, I can't pinpoint the exact location however," Caleb looks away from the tablet, dropping his arm to glance up at the giant house, "I think they're somewhere in there."

"You think?" I shift my gaze to the building, not liking the fact that we could walk in and Richard might not even be there. Looking back at Caleb, I admit, "I don't like the sound of that."

Aldéric is with me, "Neither do I. Tell Emmi to gather her men, we're not going to risk going in alone."

"I've already called for them." Emmi answers, suddenly in between me and the two men, "I've scouted the perimeter and there's no sign of life but better to be safer than sorry if we decide to go in."

"It's already decided," I announce, Emmi, shifting her gaze to me curiously. "Even if it turns out that he's not there, at least we'll know for sure."

"Then we're going in," Emmi announces, looking to both Caleb and Aldéric to see if they agree.

"Of course," Caleb assures, making me smile.

Ric walks towards me, his eyes are soft.

If it eases your mind then, of course, we're going in.

Thank you.

"My men will be here within the hour, what do you suppose we do in the meantime?" Emmi asks the group, my parents behind me now after walking down the street.

Aldéric decides, "We should keep low, take up residence in the surrounding trees."

I agree with Ric, we need to hide until backup arrives. I can hear my parents footsteps from behind me, my mother's tone fierce when she hisses, "So this is where the bastards been hiding."

"Most likely, we'll attack when Emmi's men arrive," I inform her. She continues to eye up the building, hatred and fury pooling in her cobalt irises.

"We should move before we're spotted," Caleb warns as he begins to leave the street and head toward the trees around the back of the large building. We all begin to follow him, Aldéric close to me with his arm wrapped around my back. I enjoy the delicious smell of his cologne along with the warmth his touch brings.

The deeper we move into the forest, the more cover we receive, the trees masking our positions. My mother and father stay close by, talking amongst themselves while Caleb and Emmi continue to examine his tablet, ensuring Richard and the other two don't leave or move.

Aldéric brings his lips to my ear and whispers, "Are you going to be okay when you see him?"

He moves his head away when I lift mine to glance up at him. I'm honest when I regretfully tell him, "I don't know."

His features shift to concern, "If you need to leave at any point, tell me and I will take you back home right away. Everyone will understand."

"No," I state adamantly, "This is my score to settle. If I don't go through with this, I'll regret it for the rest of my undying days." I allow humour to seep into my tone but Ric remains serious.

"My offer still stands." He bends his head down, pressing his lips against my forehead.

"Thank you." I exhale sharply, knowing I'm not going to take him up on his offer.

I've made a promise to myself and I'll see it through until Richard is no longer breathing the same air as me.

It's a long hour later when Emmi's men finally arrive dressed in their distinctive green robes, their weapons already in their hands as they prepare to take any order given by their leader.

They're extremely impressive.

I was only able to glimpse them before, but now, seeing them so close, they look strong and powerful. The perfect killing machines.

One of them approaches Emmi, "The building is surrounded, what are your orders?"

"Storm inside on my signal, capture anything that moves once we're inside and keep them alive." Emmi orders, her tone fierce, "No one is allowed to escape."

The guard doesn't respond, her men instantly moving into action around the building, waiting until Emmi gives them her signal. Emmi turns on her heels to head towards the building, while the rest of us hesitate. She stops and looks at us over her shoulder, "Are you all going to wait around and let me do all the work?"

Caleb grins, "Nope, I was just waiting for an invitation."

I can't help but giggle, Emmi rolling her eyes before continuing forward with Caleb now following her. Everyone else follows suit, I go to take a step forward when Alderic grabs my forearm, making me glance back at him and frown when I see his serious countenance, "What is it?"

"Nothing, just remember what I said, okay?"

My features soften as I turn my full body towards him, his grip on my forearm becoming gentle as he stares down at me. I place my palm onto his cheek, watching as he leans into my touch. I gently whisper up at him, "I'm stronger than I've ever been in my entire life thanks to you, but if need be, I'll take your advice."

He kisses my palm, "That's all I ask."

When we catch up with the others, Emmi announces, "I'm ready when you are."

When I notice everyone is looking at me expectantly, I realise Emmi was addressing me specifically. For a split second I freeze but after taking in and exhaling a deep breath I prepare myself for the inevitable, "I'm ready."

She smirks deviously and instantly sends her men into action. I watch in anticipation as her men storm the building, bashing down the door and smashing through the windows whilst keeping the building surrounded. Emmi moves in next, spitting out orders from left to right whilst Caleb stashes the tablet into one of his pockets and follows suit, his eyes turning dark as his fangs protrude from his top lip.

My father borrows a gun from one of Emmi's soldiers, aiming it cautiously as he enters the building with my mother beside him. She almost looks as deadly even without a weapon, her cobalt irises turning completely dark as her expression shifts murderously. 

I look back at Aldéric to see his fierce irises staring back at me. "I'll be right behind you." He promises me, his voice dark, filled with his own desire for revenge.

I allow my body to relax, knowing he's right there when I need him. I turn back to the building, moving closer to the action with guards blocking off all the exits, moving to the side when I and Aldéric want to get past. Making it inside the building, it's fairly dark, only a few old fashioned candles lighting the dark halls. It almost feels demonic, making a shiver run up and down my spine.

The walls and floors are old fashioned and in terrible condition with peeling wallpaper and holes in the walls. The flooring creaks with every step we make, causing me to clench my jaw at the horrible sound.

We were walking aimlessly around the building when Caleb appears from an archway at the other side of the hall. Waving us over, he says, "We're all in here."

Does that mean Richard is with them?

My stomach spirals at the thought, Aldéric overtaking me as he storms towards the entryway, his giant body pulsating with rage. I follow closely behind, both of us entering the entryway to find two vampires forced to their knees by the guards with Emmi and Caleb standing over them.

Pierce and Ornella.

Pierce has his eyes on the ground, his chest rising and falling as his breath is staggered, most likely caused by fear. His clothes are slightly ripped with blood running down his bare arms, evidence that it took some brute force to capture him. With his wounds not healing, I suspect he was injected with silver.

The thought makes me smirk with happiness.

When my eyes snap to Ornella, she's doing the opposite. Her eyes are on all of us, harsh and murderous, no doubt wishing us all dead. Her lip is cut open but slowly healing, not having to be injected for them to get a good handle on her. She looks like she's dressed for battle, a gun holster around her waist but the gun is absent, having been confiscated. Her black jacket has bullet holes near her abdomen with blood seeping out onto her blue jeans.

She's been shot with a silver bullet which explains the absence of an injection.

But why are there only two of them?

"Where's Richard?" I demand, my irises turning dark as rage boils to the surface, the question open for anyone in the room to answer.

Caleb warily steps forward, telling me, "He isn't here."

Something within me snaps as my fangs explode from my top lip, "What the fuck do you mean?! Your tablet said he was!"

I snap my gaze to Ornella when I hear her snicker. "What's so fucking funny?"

She shrugs, the action causing her pain but the humour doesn't leave her features, "I just enjoy other people's pain."

I'm going to slit her fucking throat.

Aldéric can see the anger growing inside me so he quickly draws my attention, "We'll find him."

I calm down just a little, "It doesn't explain how he escaped us In the first place."

One of Emmi's guards enters the room a moment later. He approaches Emmi and places a strange piece of paper into her hand. She reads it over as everyone watches curiously. When her eyes lift to the rest of us, she looks shocked.

She silently hands it out to me and I slowly take it, slightly wary. It reads;

Hello Rosalyn,

I was surprised when I found out my bond with you was broken, and slightly angered when I found out that you thought you could track me without realising. I'm smarter than you may have thought and now I'm pissed which doesn't bode well for you.

Aldéric might have broken my mark but it doesn't change the fact I had you first. I'll come back for what's mine soon enough, in the meantime enjoy playing with my sister and the one who handed you over to me.

Until we meet again, Rose.

My blood boils, my eyes snapping up from the piece of paper to glare down at Ornella, "Richard didn't escape us," Ornella's dark irises narrow with angered confusion, "It turns out he abandoned the both of you."

Ornella seethes, "What the fuck are you talking about?"

I hold the piece of paper up to her, allowing her to read it. She scans the paper quickly and then it dawns on her that her brother won't save her from us this time. Aldéric glances over at the paper, reading it for himself until his eyes flash angrily at the words written on the piece of paper.

For the first time since we've been here, Pierce lifts his head, "Little Rose, you've come a long way since I found you fearing for your life in that alleyway."

"Your right," I tell him, staring down at him fiercely, "All thanks to you, Pierce. Because of you, I know how to do this," I watch as his brows furrowing, trying to figure out what I mean. I fill my voice with compulsion, my eyes darkening dangerously, "Stand up straight."

Pierce continues to stare back at me, only now his features are filled with complete fear. I can practically taste it on the tip of my tongue. He has no idea what my intentions are, nor what I have planned for him.

Ric, can I borrow one of your knives.

Ric's gaze snaps back to me, a dark brow raised. He almost looks surprised, and at the same time, excited.

Here.

I take the knife he hands out to me, giving him a grateful smile.

Thank you, you'll get it back when I'm done.

No rush. He smirks back at me, a dark twinkle in his eye as he watches me approach Pierce.

I twist the sharp blade in my hand, many different scenarios running rampant through my mind as I take my time deciding which one I should choose. None of them will be pleasant for Pierce, and the silent seconds I take deciding his fate makes him go crazy. I can see how he fights the urge to sprint away but even if he tried, the silver pulsing through his veins wouldn't let him get too far.

I twist the blade a few more times before I hold it out to Pierce, his eyes shooting to it In fear. I finally break the silence, my compulsion breaking through Pierce's consciousness with his eyes turning glassy, "Take it."

He gingerly takes the knife from my grasp, his arm shaking as he tries to take back control. It's too strong for him to fight and soon he's standing there, his eyes on me in fear as he grips the dagger. His bodies still trembling when I'm about to breathe out my next order but I'm surprised when Pierce suddenly lunges at me.

He attempts to raise the dagger and slash it at me but he barely manages to make a single step because Alderic is already blocking him after from moving at such speed, it sends a gust of wind towards my hair. Alderic grips Pierce's wrist and twists it painfully until Pierce drops the knife and screams in pain at the sound of his wrist snapping.

Alderic then takes a step back, glancing back at me from over his shoulder. You need to be more careful.

Dually noted. I grin back at him, my eyes holding appreciation for how fast he came to my aid.

Alderic steps away from Pierce, allowing me to see him. He's gripping his wrist painfully, his chest falling up and down with his heavy breathing. "Let's try this again, shall we?" Pierce's eyes shift to me when I gesture down at the knife, "Pick it up." My voice holds venom, causing Pierce to tremble at the sound.

I patiently wait for him to pick it back up and when he does, I make sure that this time I'm prepared if he tries to lunge at me again. "You're not to move a muscle unless I permit it," I see the flash of anger that passes his blue irises when I announce the words and It causes me to smirk.

Ornella looks just as frightened, her bottom lip trembling as she watches the interaction between me and Pierce in horror.

"Show me that pretty little neck of yours, Pierce." The words he once used against me have now come back to haunt him, his brows furrowing as he recollects the times he said them to me.

Slowly he bends his head to the side, my eyes falling on the smooth, vulnerable flesh of his neck. "I want you to drag that knife across your neck, only making a shallow cut," my eyes spark with amusement as I taunt, "I don't want you bleeding out just yet."

His expression is tense, trying his hardest to mentally fight my compulsion. It's not long until he fails, the knife already pressed against his neck. He slides the dagger along, the blade slicing his skin like butter. Blood seeps from the wound, painting the blade crimson as his pained scream encircles us all, bringing music to our ears. 

Blood drips down onto his shirt, the smell of his blood potent with a hint of silver.

Pierce can barely breath as his energy depletes, his words jumbled as he tries to speak, "Ri-rich...wi-will...kill-"

"Don't waste you're breath, you're going to need it," I taunt, switching up his punishment when I demand, "Now, stab yourself in the stomach and then drag the knife across."

I want him to feel at least a drop of what I've felt for the past year. The physical pain is nothing compared to my emotional pain.

Pierce's eyes shut tightly, not wanting to see what I'm forcing him to do. I spit, "Open you're eyes."

I want you to see as your guts spill to the floor at your feet.

His eyes open wide, pale blue staring back at me, dropping down to the blade when it pierces his stomach. I hear the cutting of flesh when he drags it across, blood and guts spilling out, making him release a blood curdling scream. Blood splashes back at Ornella, making her scream in horror as she stares at the blood and guts piled onto the floor at Pierce's feet.

I can hear the sound of pierces heart beat, the rhythm becoming slow and unsteady, dipping in and out. Pierce collapse to his knees, unable to support his own body weight with blood escaping his mouth, dripping down his chin. He doesn't have long left in this world, the silver won't let him heal and he's already lost too much blood.

He's still trembling, his eyes losing their colour. I bend down towards him, seeing the way the knife wobbles in his hands. I take it from him and then lift my gaze to meet his, seeing the pain and suffering he's experiencing shining back at me. "I'm not like you, Pierce," I breath out, my tone gentle this time, "Where you'd happily see me suffer if the tables were turned, I wouldn't. You have my humanity to thank for that."

He stares back at me, gurgles leaving his mouth instead of distinctive words. But I know what he wants to say, I can see it in his eyes.

He's telling me to go to hell.

Without a second thought I plunge the knife into his chest, a loud gasp leaving Pierces lips as he convulses forward. He holds my gaze until the light leaves his eyes, his body slowly falling limp until his eyes close and one last breath leaves his lips.

Goodbye, Pierce.

I remove myself from his lifeless body after plucking the knife out of his chest. Standing up, I wipe Pierce's blood of the dagger, using the fabric of my shirt. "Here," I hand it back to Aldéric. He takes it back from me, his lips curling up with amusement as he places it back into pouch.

My eyes snap to Ornella, seeing the way she shifts uncomfortably at the dark look I give her, "What are we doing with her?"

Aldéric shifts his eyes to her too, contemplating an answer. He states, "Ornella's mine to deal with, she killed my mother."

"She what?" I look back at him in shock. She killed his mother?

"She killed her so she could become queen, if anyone gets to kill her it's me, but not before finding out if she knows where Richard could be."

Ornella's eyes become watery, she begs, "Please it was all Richard's idea, it was all a scheme so he could become king."

Excuses, excuses...

Aldéric narrows his eyes, stalking towards her maliciously, "Is that all my mother's death was?! A SCHEME?!"

Ornella flinches at his tone, her gaze dropping to the ground as she shakes her head, sobbing as if that could help to spare her life. Aldéric demands with a low, dark and dangerous tone, "Stand to your fucking feet."

Ornella slowly climbs to her feet, her body shaking with fear. "I'll punish you for killing my mother, but first you can tell me where your brother is."

Ornella realises she won't get out of death, using pity. Her eyes dry up of tears before turning dark and angry, "Fuck you if you think I'm going to help you. At least if I shut up I'll get to die, knowing my brother will kill you all himself."

"You really think killing you is the worst I could do to you," Ric chuckles cynically, "Please, death will seem like a gift after I'm finished with you."

ೋღ🌹ღೋ

This chapter still needs some serious editing but please let me know your thoughts!

What did you think of Pierce's punishment?

Do you think Ornella's will be worse?

Will Rose finally get her revenge on Richard?

Please don't forget to vote, comment and follow me for future announcements.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3M 196K 100
"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist into the wall. I flinch at the sound as I...
73.9K 1.6K 32
I walked out of the bathroom and felt a presence behind me. I turned around and I felt a pair of strong arms around my waist and slammed me into the...
88.7K 3.9K 20
I limped towards the kitchen after sending him an email, that I'm on leave today. I couldn't even able to walk properly as I was feeling sore down th...
709K 25.4K 37
"Good morning and welcome to the Saints Bank, how may I help you?" "Empty all the money in the bag," "Excuse me?" "Boys now, Everybody get down!" ~...