soulmates // damon salvatore...

By aesthetic_rozes

Alexandra has finally reached the point where she's becoming independent. With her and her bestfriend, Elean... More

please read .
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
please read .

18

2K 64 3
By aesthetic_rozes

Alexandra's pov

Damon and I are walking through the tomb right now and I'm following behind him. I can hear noises and growls and I get a little freaked out. "What is that?" I said.

"They can sense you" Damon said.

"My blood?" I said.

"Fresh blood. That's all they want" He said coldly.

"What? Are you mad at me now?" I said.

"We're not doing this" He said.

"Well, why the cold shoulder now?" I said.

"I'm cold hearted, remember?" He said.

"Is it because I said I don't care anymore? Because I don't ever recall you caring in the first place" I said.

"You know nothing, Alex" He said.

"I wonder who's fault that is" I said and then he turned to me pissed.

"You should really stop" He said.

"Or what, Damon?" I said and he just stared at me. He gives me a glare and then he just speeds off leaving me there alone. I just stand there shocked and then turn my flashlight on and look around me.

"Damon!" I said. Did he seriously just leave me here?! I sigh to myself and then just continue walking trying to find him and keep hearing noises. I start freaking out a little but try to just stay calm.

The more I walk, I finally find another part of the tomb and I turn the corner. When I do, I see a bunch of desiccated vampires sitting along the ground. I start breathing a little heavy and continue walking trying to keep my composure. I'm terrified right now.

I jump when I hear my phone ringing and I look to see Stefan and answer real quick. "Stefan!" I said.

"Alex, are you okay?" He said.

"I...I don't know where I am. Damon...he...he left me" I said.

"He left you?!" He said.

"Stefan, there's vampires everywhere in here" I said.

"Alex, I need you to listen to me carefully. You need to get out of there now. Look, when the tomb opened...the seal didn't break" He said.

"What does that mean?" I said.

"It means vampires can get in...but they can't get out" He said and I just stood there.

"But...but Damon's a vampire." I said.

"He can't get out, Alex" He said and I just felt my heart break a little. "You need to get out. You can do it, you're human" He continued.

"Stefan. I...I don't know where I am" I said.

"Alex" He started saying but the line started cutting out.

"Stefan, I can't hear you" I said and then it died. I sigh frustrated and then put my phone away and just stand there for a minute.
Damon is stuck in here.

I continue to start walking again and then my flashlight starts going out. I hit it a few times to get it to work again and when it comes back on I see a vampire just staring at me and I let a scream out. I fall back onto the ground and then I sigh and catch my breath. I just sit there and then hear someone behind me and I turn around to see a girl walk in.

"Who...who are you?" I said.

"My name's Anna. I'm sure you heard of me" She said walking up to me and I back up a little. I see her look to her left and then she stares at someone and I see it's a woman.

"Do...do you know her?" I said.

"That's my mother" She said tearing up a little. "She needs blood" She said and then looked back to me.

"No, no" I said and she came over grabbing me and bit my wrist. I let out a scream and then she pulls my arm to her mother and I feel the blood being drawn out of me.

"STOP! Please, stop" I said and then I heard another voice and looked up to see Stefan.

"Let her go!" He said and I looked to him shocked.

"Stefan, no" I said because he's in the tomb.

"Anna" Her mother said regaining strength and then she let go of me and I got up and ran to Stefan.

"Why would you come in here?!" I said.

"I heard you scream. I had to come in" He said.

"No, Stefan! Are you crazy?! What about Elena!" I said yelling at him trying not to cry.

"Tell her I'm sorry. And that I love her" He said grabbing my shoulders.

"No" I said starting to cry.

"You have to go" He said and I shook my head. "Alex, you have to! I'm going to find Damon, okay. You need to go" He said and I just stood there. "GO!" He yelled and I ran away.

I use my flashlight trying to just find my way back. I keep making turns and trying not to fall and then finally I reach the door and so run out and Bonnie runs up to me hugging me. I look over to Elena who has tears in her eyes and then I look to Grams.

"There has to be something you can do." I said.

"Even if I break the seal...I can only hold it for so long" She said.

"Please" I said looking to Elena. She needs Stefan.

"We have to try, Grams" Bonnie said and Grams just sighed.

"We'll try...but I'm not promising anything" She said and then those two held hands and began saying spells. I go over to Elena hugging her and she just cries.

"I'm so sorry. Stefan wasn't supposed to come in" I said.

"I told him to. I told him to" She said looking to me and crying more.

"We're going to get him out, Elena" I said grabbing her shoulders and she just nodded. We stand there just watching and then we see the flames rise again and I look to Elena. It's working.

We stand there and then we see Anna walk out with her mother and she looks to us. "I just wanted my mother back. No one else will get hurt" She said and then left with her mother. I look to Bonnie who's getting weaker and her Grams holds onto her.

"We can't hold it much longer. They need to hurry" Grams said to me and I looked to Elena.

"We need to go in there and get them" I said and she instantly nodded. I grab her hand and we both run into the tomb and I try following the way I went before. We make a few turns and then I sigh of relief when I see Stefan standing with Damon. Elena runs up to Stefan hugging him and I see Damon standing there looking disappointed...and no Katherine.

"We have to go now. They can only hold the seal so long" Elena said to Stefan.

"Let's go" Stefan said and they started to walk away but Damon just stood there.

"Damon" I said.

"Just go, Alex" He said.

"No. You have to come too. Okay? You can't stay in here. Katherine she...she's not here" I said.

"Go" He said sternly looking to me and I just sighed.

"I still care, okay? I still care, Damon." I said and he just stared at me. I can see him just going back and forth with himself and then he curses. He walks up to me grabbing my hand and then we all run through the tomb and then make it to the door and get out.

I sigh to myself and then Damon walks off to the corner and turns to us all.

I got him out.

•••

It's been 4 days.  4 days since I've talked to or seen Damon.  Ever since that night, he's been different.  He's been gone.  I don't know what he's doing or what he's thinking.  But...I have a feeling he hates me right now.  He hates all of us.

Stefan tried talking to him but it was a complete fail.  We did learn something though.  Anna and her mother went back to the tomb and gave blood to every single vampire in there.  At least 25 of them.  So now, there's vampires running around Mystic Falls. 

On top of that...there's the saddest news of them all.  Grams passed away.  The spell she did was too much on her body and it caused her death.  When I heard, I broke down.  I felt almost responsible for it.  I pushed for them to break the seal and they did it.  We thought the seal was just held open, but it was completely broken.  That's how all the vampires were able to get out. 

Bonnie is extremely distraught over it.  We've talked a few times and she's just trying to recover.  I told Elle everything that happened and she lost her mind.  She was worried sick after I told her what we did.  And I even told her about what's been going on with Damon and I. 

As for school, it's hard to focus these days in class.  Especially because another thing we discovered has to do with our history teacher Mr. Saltzman.  He knows about vampires and he's here in Mystic Falls to hunt down Damon.  Apparently years ago, Damon turned his wife Isobel into a vampire.  Now, he's out for his revenge.  And the craziest part of all...Elena's birth mothers name is Isobel.

I hear knocking on my door and I break out of thought when I see Elle walk in. "Hey" I said and she came over and sat down on the bed giving me a look.

"We need to talk" She said and I nodded.

"What's going on?" I said.

"Everything around us, Alex. It's not safe. Okay...you could've died. Multiple times. And now, there's vampires on the loose around us. It's just..." She started saying and I cut in.

"I know, it's scary. But there's ways we can protect ourselves" I said.

"What? Through Stefan?" She said.

"We can take vervain" I said.

"Alex, I don't want to always have to worry or fear my life. We shouldn't have to take vervain, because this shouldn't even be a problem. And vervain can only do so much. They still can kill us" She said.

"I know" I said.

"We need to move back home" She said and I just stared at her.

"What?" I said.

"I talked to our parents, and they said they'd help us get a house back home and..." She was saying and I cut in.

"You did what? Elle...we can't leave Mystic Falls" I said.

"Why not?" She said.

"This...this is our home now. We have our friends here. We..." I started saying and she cut in.

"These people keep putting your life in danger. I...I don't want to stick around for that" She said and I just stared at her.

"So, what? You're just going to leave?" I said.

"I'm hoping you'll come with me" She said and I scoffed.

"Elle, don't do this" I said.

"I have to" She said and I just sighed and stared at her.

"I can't go with you, Elle." I said. There's something holding me in this town.

"I figured you'd say that" She said.

"You're really going home?" I said and she just nodded. I let tears fall down my face and she does too and we both just hug each other.

"I don't want anything to happen to you" She said.

"I'll be safe, Elle. I just...I hate to see you leave" I said.

"It doesn't change anything between us. I just...I can't adapt to this lifestyle" She said and I nodded.

"I understand" I said.

Is this really happening?

•••

I'm sitting up on the bell tower right now just thinking.  I needed to get out of the house and just process everything that's going on.  After talking to Elle, I started to really think about if this is all worth it.  Is it worth it to stay here and risk my life? What would I even be staying for? Yeah...I love my friends.  I love Elena, Stefan, Caroline, Bonnie and Matt.  But...they would be able to continue on without me.  But then there's Damon.  Someone who doesn't even care about me yet I'm so hung up on him.  But maybe it would be best to just walk away.

"Sitting close to the edge again, I see" I heard and turned around to see Damon standing behind me.  I just stare at him in shock and then I stand up and look to him.

"You're here" I said.

"Yeah...I'm back.  I was able to clear my mind a little" He said walking up to me and then I saw him just reading my facial expressions.  "You're upset" He said.

"A lot has happened these past few days" I said.

"Tell me about it" He said and then looked to me.  "I wanna apologize...again" He continued.

"Well, don't worry.  You won't need to do that anymore, Damon" I said.

"Why's that?  Aren't I always finding some reason to apologize to you?" He said.

"I think I'm going to leave town" I said not looking to him but could feel him staring at me.

"What?" He said.

"I thought about it for awhile and I think..." I started saying and he cut in.

"No.  No, you're not going to do that" He said and I turned to him.

"I have to" I said.

"Bullshit.  You don't have to leave here...you want to" He said.

"Maybe" I said.

"Well, tell me.  Is it because of me? Because I know I can be a complete ass but...but I don't mean to.  Not to you at least" He said.

"That doesn't change the fact though, that you don't care or feel anything" I said.

"What if I told you I did?" He said and I just stared at him.  "What if I told you I did care about you.  And I did feel something.  But I just know that I can't show it because it'll ruin you.  What if I told you that?" He said walking up closer to me.

"Don't just tell me what I want to hear" I said.

"I'm not.  I was crazy to think that Katherine coming back would do anything.  Because the truth is, I can't keep hiding what's going on between us.  I can't hide the way I feel for you, Alexandra" He said and my heart started racing a little.

"Damon" I said.

"You want to know the truth? I've had these dreams of you ever since I could remember.  I made it my goal to find you, and I did.  We've met before, Alexandra.  I found you and I ruined it.  I ruined everything" He said grabbing my cheek and I just stared at him listening.

"So, it's true" I said.

"It's true" He said.

"Why were you so scared to tell me? What were you trying to protect me from?" I said.

"From me.  From this world of vampires.  I told myself I wouldn't bring you into this, but it already happened.  And I realized I can't change that now.  But...I also can't keep denying you" He said and I just smiled a little.

"You still don't even know everything, but I'm finally going to allow myself to feel.  I have to" He said pulling me into him and kissing me.  It takes me by complete shock and I just stand there then find myself kissing him back.  I wrap my arms around his neck and then I just feel this sense of relief and comfort wash over me. 

He pulls away and just puts his head to mine and then tucks a piece of hair behind my ear.  "Don't tell my brother I got all soppy, you hear me?" He said and I just laughed a little and he kissed me again.

Holy shit.  What just happened.

Thank you guys for reading ! I hope you all enjoyed chapter eighteen. Feel free to leave comments and even message me if you love TVD.
Love, K.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

518K 5.5K 42
A Vampire Diaries Fan Fiction Series. Elena Gilbert dated Damon Salvatore, a centuries old vampire for a year until he broke her heart. But now he's...
21.9K 469 15
When Cassie Gilbert moves into Mystic Falls with her family, she is rapidly enlightened with the knowledge that Mystic Falls is no ordinary town. Vam...
313K 6.9K 68
Lily and her twin Elena are still trying to get over the death of their parents when two mysterious boys come into their town, Mystic Falls. The seem...
22.2K 353 37
Everyone knows the story of Elena Gilbert what people didn't know is that she has a younger twin sister name Alexandra. The Gilbert sisters have alwa...