Arthur's Sons (Book 1)

Oleh Svetocha_vampire

What if Merlin was born female(Merlyn) and she and Arthur met a few years before Camelot and after a night to... Lebih Banyak

Prologue
A Fallen Angel
Summer Dreams
Till We Meet Again
Children of the Sun and Moon
The Dragon's Call (Part 1)
The Dragon's Call (Part 2)
The Dragon's Call (Part 3)
Valiant (Part 1)
Valiant (Part 2)
The Mark of Nimueh (Part 1)
The Mark of Nimueh (Part 2)
The Mark of Nimueh (Part 3)
The Poisoned Chalice (Part 1)
The Poisoned Chalice (Part 2)
The Poisoned Chalice (Part 3)
Lancelot (Part 1)
Lancelot (Part 2)
Lancelot (Part 3)
A Remedy to Cure All Ills (Part 1)
A Remedy to Cure All Ills (Part 2)
A Remedy to Cure All Ills (Part 3)
The Gates of Avalon (Part 1)
The Gates of Avalon (Part 2)
The Gates of Avalon (Part 3)
The Beginning of the End (Part 1)
The Beginning of the End (Part 2)
The Beginning of the End (Part 3)
Excalibur (Part 1)
Excalibur (Part 2)
Excalibur (Part 3)
The Moment of Truth (Part 1)
The Moment of Truth (Part 2)
The Moment of Truth (Part 3)
The Labyrinth of Gedref (Part 1)
The Labyrinth of Gedref (Part 2)
The Labyrinth of Gedref (Part 3)
Summer Solstice (Part 1)
Summer Solstice (Part 2)
Summer Solstice (Part 3)
To Kill the King (Part 1)
To Kill the King (Part 2)
To Kill the King (Part 3)
Le Morte d'Arthur (Part 1)
Le Morte d'Arthur (Part 2)
Le Morte d'Arthur (Part 3)

Valiant (Part 3)

3.1K 98 8
Oleh Svetocha_vampire

The next morning Valiant is escorted through the Square to the Council Chamber of Doom. Gaius is treating Sir Ewan in the Physician's Chambers when Ewan wakes.

" Welcome back." Gaius said kindly.

" There was a snake on his shield. It came alive." Ewan muttered in a daze.

"You're weak. But the snake's venom has been purged from your system." Gaius explains.

"I must warn Arthur." Ewan tries to rise and Gaius pushes him back down.

"Arthur already knows. He's requested an audience with the King. Now, they'll want to talk to you. Rest. You'll need your strength. I need to fetch more herbs. I'll be right back. Rowan! Arthur! Please keep and eye on Sir Ewan till I get back." Gaius calls before leaving. Both boys walk into the chambers and sit by the knight who has already fallen asleep and pick up some nearby books to read. Not a few minutes later they both hear a distinct hiss and straitened, carefully scanning the room the begin walking around trying to find the source of the noise. Suddenly there is a strangled cry from Ewan and they both whirl to see the snake with its fangs in the mans throat.

"NO!" Both boys scream. Arthur grabs a near by knife and Rowan picks up a heavy book, the snake turns towards them and goes for Rowan who barley blocked a strike with the book before the snake strikes again wrapping around his throat and squeezing. Rowan begins to choke falling to the ground while gripping the snakes head to keep it from striking.

"Brother hold it out strait, quick!" Arthur shouts lifting the knife, Rowan holds the snakes head out and grips it lower down keeping it horizontal. Arthur steps forward lifts the knife and brings it down hard cutting it in half, the snakes body goes slack splattering blood all over his face and shirt.Rowan throws the head away yanking the body from around his neck. He lays on his side gulping down air greedily and his brother rushes to his side checking that he's okay.

"Ewan... Check him..." Rowan coughs and Arthur nods running to check the knights pulse. His shoulders slump when he realises that there is none and he turns kicking a nearby stool in frustration.

"He's dead, what in the goddess name are we going to do now?!" Arthur growls Rowan sits up and looks at the butchered body of the snake,

" We need...(cough, cough) to tell mother, grab the snake." Rowan's voice crackled as he tried to speak, Arthur nodded and picked up the two halves carefully keeping the head away from him. Both boys ran from the Physician's chambers toward the chamber of doom hoping they weren't too late.

Inside the council chambers the doors open to revel Uther,

" Why have you summoned the court?"

" I believe Knight Valiant is using a magic shield to cheat in the tournament." Arthur stands tall, unwavering and Merlyn bites her nails in worry.

" Valiant, what do you have to say to this?" Uther asks turning toward said knight who is glaring daggers at Merlyn.

" My Lord, this is ridiculous. I've never used magic. Does your son have any evidence to support this outrageous accusation?" Valiant's tone was cock-sure and it sent a spike of anxiety through Merlyn.

" Do you have evidence?" Uther demand turning to his son.

" I do." Arthur motions for Merlyn to come forward, Merlyn hands Uther the snake head and Uther studies it a moment before turning to Valiant.

" Let me see this shield." Valiant holds up the shield for the king to inspect.

" Don't let him get too close." Merlyn frantically whispers to Arthur who nods in acknowledgement.

"Be careful, My Lord." Arthur draws his sword stepping between the shield and the king cautiously while Uther inspects the shield. Suddenly the chamber doors are pushed open and the boys coming running in out of breath holding the two severed halves of a snake.

" What is the meaning of this?!" Uther shouts.

" Your Majesty..." Rowans voice cracked and he began coughing hold his clearly bruised throat.

" Your Majesty my brother and I were watching over Sir Ewan who was to be a witness to the court when this snake came in to finish the job and kill the witness. It then attacked my brother nearly choking him to death before I cut off it's head, it's the same type of snake that bit Sir Ewan the first time My Lord." Arty finished out of breath bowing low. The crowd gasped and Arthur rushed forward to inspect the snake then ask if Rowan was okay to which he received a nod. Arthur took the dead snake from the boys and murmured for them to go to their mother, both boys bowed and hurried to Merlyn's side. Merlyn checked her sons throat but he batted away her hand whispering that he was okay before she began trying to clean the blood from his face.

" Father as you can see the snake is the same one that was shown previous, it was obviously sent by Valiant to silence the witness." Arthur informed the King while holding the snake out, the King looked at the serpent unimpressed.

" This is not enough evidence to support these allegations. Have you seen Valiant using magic?" Uther questions causing Arthur to step back in shock.

" No. But my servant fought one of the snakes from..." Arthur was cut of by the King.

" Your servant? You made these outrageous accusations against a knight on the word of your servant?" Uther barked.

" I believe she's telling the truth!" Arthur yelled back fury lacing his words.

" My Lord, am I really to be judged on some hearsay from a girl and her little brats?" Valiant pipped up smugly from behind the King. Merlyn felt magic crackle through her veins as her anger rose and she stalked forward, Arthur tried to stop her and she side stepped him grabbing the dagger from his belt and walking up to the shield.

" You want proof then here it is." Merlyn spat at the king before slicing open the palm of her hand allowing the blood to drip on the shield, from the crowd who was focused on the arrogant servant Rowan closed his eyes to hide the silver that lit them as he stretched his magic across the room to the shield. He could sense the snake hidden within the metal and began calling to it, the snake rose to the sound of his voice and tried to pull away but he quickly grabbed it with a clawed hand and yanked it from the metal. The crowd gasped as the snake was forced to rise from the shield and Valiant's expression became panicked.

"What are you doing? I didn't summon you!" He snapped before drawing his sword and taking a swing at Merlyn who quickly ducked and jumped back out of the way.

" He is using magic." Uther cried from where he'd backed away.

" And now they see you for what you really are." Arthur laughed as he drew his sword. Valiant chuckles and orders the snake to the ground.

" Kill him!" Valiant growls. Arthur steps forward to strike the snake but the snake dodges and wraps around his sword arm rising to strike his face while Merlyn reaches out and grabs it mid strike. Merlyn grips her other hand lower and with a violet jerk stretches the snakes spine breaking it, the snakes grip loosens and Arthur shakes it free just in time to block Valiant's blow. Merlyn backs away letting the dead snake fall to the ground, Arthur continues to fight Valiant and soon disarms him before running him through.

" It's looks like I'll be going to the feast after all." Arthur whispers in Valiant's ear before letting him fall to the ground dead. The crowd in the council chamber cheer at the Prince's victory and he claps Merlyn on the shoulder before turning to his father and bowing deeply. The King declares Arthur the victor by default and thanks him for uncovering a sorcerer, the King leaves and the council files out.

" Thank you Merlyn." Arthur says out of the blue.

"Er, yeah sure, no problem." Merlyn stutters in reply scratching the back of her neck. Arthur chuckles at Merlyn response and reaches up removing her neckerchief binding it around the cut on her palm. Once the cloth is secure he kisses the back of her hand gently before turning to the two boys who bow slightly.

"That was a brave thing you did, i'm proud of both of you." Arthur gave them a fatherly smile kneeling in front of them. Both boys latch on to the Prince who gave them a bear hug in return before they both pulled back smiling brightly.

" Anytime dad, Camelot is our home now too and we will do anything to protect it." Arthur teared up at his Rowan's words and pulled them both in for another hug before standing and heading toward the door.

" Come on Merlyn, don't think your getting the rest of the day off. My chambers are a complete mess. My clothes need washing. My, uh, armour needs repairing. My boots need cleaning. My dogs need exercising. My fireplace needs sweeping. My bed needs changing. And someone needs to muck out my stables." Arthur finishes with a grin and Merlyn lets out a moan of pain.

"Yes i'm coming you prat." Merlyn muttered.

"I heard that!" Arthur shouted from the hall causing both boys to laugh and Merlyn to shake her head and wonder what the hell she had gotten herself into.

The next night the victory banquet is in full swing, Arthur escorts Morgana into the banquet and Uther stands to make his speech.

" My honourable guests, I give you Prince Arthur, your champion" The crowd cheers and Arthur offers Morgana his arm.

"My lady." Morgana curtsies and with a smirk responds,

" My champion."

Merlyn and Gaius watch the exchange from a far,

" See, I told you he gets all the girls and the glory." Merlyn snorts.

" And he owes it all to you." Gaius reminded Merlyn who simply rolled her eyes.

Morgana spots Uther mingling with the council members and turns to Arthur,

" Has your father apologised yet for not believing you?" Morgana asks curious.

"He'll never apologise. I hope, uh, you're not disappointed Valiant's not escorting you." Arthur responds.

" Turns out he wasn't really champion material." Morgana smirks at Arthur.

" That was some final battle." Arthur comments idly.

" Tell me about it. It's not every day a girl gets to save her prince." Morgana almost laughs at the dubious expression that passed over Arthur's face.

" Uh, I wouldn't say I needed exactly saving. I'm sure I would've thought of something." Arthur dismisses Morgana with a snort.

" So you're too proud to admit you were saved by a girl." Morgana asks raising a perfectly groomed eyebrow.

" Because I wasn't." Arthur snapped back irritated.

" You know what? I wish Valiant was escorting me and maybe i'll let Merlyn know just how much of an ass you are even after she and her children risked their lives for you!" Morgana snarls stalking off to complain to Gwen. Merlyn sidled up to Arthur's side after Morgana's outburst and Arthur turned to her.

" Can you believe Morgana? She says you saved me. Like I needed any help." Arthur growled throwing his hands up in the air.

Merlyn raised an eyebrow, " Is that so. I'll remember that next time your about to die." Merlyn took a sip of her ale while Arthur looked at her, a flash of guilt through his eyes at the bandage on both her arm and now her hand.

" Sorry." He mumbled.

" No, don't worry about it. Buy me a drink and call it even." Merlyn waves him off.

" Uh, I can't be seen to be buying drinks for my servant." Arthur responded chin held high.

" Who said it needed to be in public." Merlyn winked and Arthur blushed at the implication.

"Fine, we can have quiet drink later before I turn in." Arthur muttered quietly so that only Merlyn could hear.

"I look forward to it." Merlyn grinned before clapping Arthur on the shoulder as she walked off into the crowd to talk with Gwen and Morgana. Arthur watched her go and smiled slightly at the though of such a strong beautiful woman belonging to him heart and soul but was sobered by the fact that it could never truly be. Perhaps when he was king he could have the woman of his dreams and claim his children who had already proven they were true knights through and through. But that was a long way off and Arthur was unsure as to whether he could make them wait that long, some small selfish part of him knew he would and he clung to it with desperate hope that one day he could be happy with a powerful, bold queen at his side and two brilliant, loyal heirs to carry on his legacy. Arthur sighed and cleared his head before entering the crowd and greeting the guests and accepting thanks on his victory while keeping his raven hair beauty firmly in his sights.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

534K 15.4K 129
When Merlin ventured back to Ealdor to help fight off Kanen, he returned to Camelot with someone else, his little sister, Miriam. With a fiery perso...
3.2K 61 14
disclaimer: I do not own Merlin all right go to BBC Currently undergoing editing What if his Magic wasn't the only secret Merlin was keeping from Ar...
664K 17.3K 82
We all know Merlin. But what if he had a sister? What if she had an even greater destiny and powers than him? What if she falls in love with the one...
3.1K 129 9
When Merlin starts having peculiar visions about a land he never saw before, he decides to investigate. But little does he know that when he sneaks o...