Renovatio

By scolric

We have died. In a previous image. When we were completely unaware Of the self-known as "I". We had abandon... More

Foreword
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
The Metamorphoses
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2

Part 2

163 14 3
By scolric

Somin's fingers gently rubbed over silver hair. A short ache sat on her lower back and the sky outside was dark, "Lis? Are you sleeping?" soft breaths replied to her. Smiling, she kissed the top of her head and carefully moved out of her hold.

Heading towards her bedroom, she opened the covers and puffed the pillows. Returning, she tiptoed up to the couch and picked Lisa up. To her surprise the other woman was lighter than she expected. Placing her inside the bed, she took a moment to admire Lisa's beauty.

Biting her lip, she placed soft kisses around the edge of Lisa's face ending with a kiss on the tip of her nose. Placing off the side lamps, she cuddled into Lisa's side, unaware that a wide smile covered the face of the woman she was hugging.

Taehyung caught Kai's eyes as they all listened to Suga, "You know I still think we should've stayed a little longer."

"That town did look like it needed more aid," said Nayeon.

"What can we do," shrugged Suga, "I guess we could send them more food."

"That's actually a good idea," said Irene. Jisoo smiled hearing her voice and intertwined their hands.

"Then that is what we shall do, love," she whispered into Irene's ear and kissed her cheek.

"We can speak on it more, once we return to Taeyong's," said Kai as he ate some of his vegetables.

"Yes," said Jisoo, sipping on her wine, "That takes priority."

"We should be back by tomorrow afternoon," said Taehyung.

"If the rains do not catch us," said Irene.

"It won't," said Suga after chewing some of the beef on his plate.

"Max and Seulgi should be returning at the same time as us too. Hopefully they will have some good news for us," said Jisoo.

"They will," said Irene, "The nobles of the eastern regions have always been supportive of you."

"And Jeongyeon's informed us more troops have joined our ranks," said Suga, "Things are happening."

Jisoo nodded, "Still, I wonder what my father is planning."

"Whatever it is, we'll be ready," said Kai and raised his glass for a toast.

Knocking on the door, he waited, "Come in," said the voice. He peeped his head through and frowned, "You know its unhealthy to work the way you do."

"What do you mean?"

"Have you looked out the window?"

Turning, she saw it was pitch black, "Oh."

He opened the door wider, "Come on Sowon, I'll treat you to dinner," said Taemin.

"Okay," she gave in and he nodded approvingly.

"Jim?"

"Hey Ren, can I come in?"

Ren moved to make way for him. Heading towards the kitchen he offered Jimin some tea,

"Actually, could we talk first?"

"Okay," said Ren and sat down across from him.

"I'm sorry Ren," began Jimin, "I know none of this is easy and you're always doing your best. I don't want you to feel like I'm not taking in what you're saying. I'm just...asking for a little patience. This thing with Chaeyoung, it's difficult. It's always been."

"I know that Jim. I just wish...we could be forth coming with her."

"In time we will be. But for now, I'm going to need you to trust me," he grabbed his hand and squeezed, "Please Ren, I can't do this without you."

"Jim..." Ren sighed, too tired to care, "Fine. We'll do as you say."

"Great," smiled Jimin, "Am I forgiven as well?"

"Now your pushing it," Ren shoved his hand away making Jimin laugh.

"I think I'd like that tea now."

"Go make it yourself."

"Fine," Jimin stood up and smiled, "I love you Ren. I hate it when we fight."

"I love you too," said Ren and Jimin nodded as he made them both some tea.

"Seriously though, why do you work so hard?"

"It's not hard," Sowon smirked while taking a sip of her beer, "I enjoy it."

"Spsh! You bury yourself in it," said Taemin flagging the barman, "Would you like another?"

"Naa, I'm good."

"Alright then, more for me."

"And why exactly are you drinking so much."

"You want the truth," Taemin gripped his beer.

"Yeah."

"I'm trying to get myself through," he waved the beer around, "all of this," she watched as he took a big sip, "Finding a way to deal with everything. It's tough," he sighed.

"So, your way of dealing with it is by drinking?"

"Well when you say it like that?" Taemin glared at her.

"Like what?"

He laughed, "I'm just kidding you. No, Sowon, I'm not drinking all the time. I just have a few beers, often with some great company," he patted her knee, "Every other week."

"Ahhh," her fingers tapped her beer, "So it's a rotational thing. Here I thought I was super special, getting to spend some time with the Royal Military Ace himself."

He waited for her to face him, and when she did, he smiled beautifully, "You are super special. Super Special Sowon!" he tapped his bottle against hers. Giggling, she shook her head at him.

"Yeah, that is what I'll call you from now on, Super Special Sowon. Triple S."

"Taemin stop!" she laughed brightly and peaked around the room. The restaurant was sparse, and they were the only two at the bar. She threw her arms around his shoulders and whispered conspiratorially, "Quiet down, or everyone in this damn village will start calling me that."

"Let them!" he stood but she ushered him back down. They stared at each other and laughed happily.

"You're a fool, you know that?" she said.

"And you're a workaholic. Take a guess which one of us has more fun," he grinned.

She narrowed her eyes and spoke challengingly, "Barman! Get us a round of shots and another round of beers," Taemin's eyebrows rose, she flicked her hair at him, "Seems like someone doesn't know how hard I can play too."

Taemin looked at the chuckling barman, "Ooh! Is that so? Well then, better make those rounds a double," he tapped the bar and Sowon's laughter shined across the entire restaurant.

The others were chatting softly in the resting room. Stepping out of the bathroom, she checked if anyone was watching. Satisfied, she snuck into the bedroom. The bed was covered with brown sheets and a thick black blanket. The white curtains were drawn apart, revealing a starless night sky.

She made her way towards the side table and opened the drawer. There, laying lonely, was the black and pink book. Turning back at the door, she saw no one. Quickly, she picked it up and opened it. The writings were very strange. Certainly, in a language she's never heard nor seen. Fingers trailing across the pages she felt the bumps. Flipping through, she felt nothing. Shrugging, she placed the book in the drawer and made her way back to others.

"Everything ok?" asked Chaeyoung as Jennie sat down.

"Yeah," she said.

"Would you like a re-fill?" asked Jaehyun lifting the bottle of whiskey.

"Actually," Jennie turned to Chaeyoung, "Could we perhaps go home? We still have to get up early tomorrow for the picnic."

"Ahh yeah, of course love," Chaeyoung downed her drink.

"Thank you so much for spending the day with us," said Dahyun as she and Jaehyun stood as well.

"Yup, it was so much fun," said Jaehyun pulling Jennie into a hug.

She patted his back, "Of course, hopefully we can do this again before I need to leave."

"We'd love that," said Dahyun as she took Jaehyun's place in Jennie's arms. When they were done, Chaeyoung's smile was wide as her hands were on Jennie's shoulders.

"Don't go finishing that whole bottle Jae. I still plan on having some more," she said.

"Yeah, yeah," she heard him grumble and Jennie smiled hearing Chaeyoung's laughter.

"Don't yeah, yeah, me," said Chaeyoung. Dahyun shook her head behind them. Jennie and Chaeyoung bid them happy goodnights and left.

Stepping up beside her, Chaeyoung pulled Jennie closer to her, one arm over her shoulder the other at her side. Inhaling her scent, Jennie placed an arm around her waist. There were people strolling through the paths, some in a hurry other not. Walking comfortably, they entered the village square, where a crowd surrounded an instrumental band. Head perking, Jennie looked up at Chaeyoung with a pout.

Kissing it, Chaeyoung led them towards the crowd. They stayed there clapping along as the band played merry music. Jennie's brown eyes were filled with joy as the band played and Chaeyoung loved it. She almost urged for them to stay a little longer, just to continue seeing that look in her love's eyes. But Jennie got her nights full and took her hand, leading them towards their hut. Exiting the village square, they kept on. To their surprise, when they turned onto the path before the one that led to their hut, they spotted two familiar figures.

"You shdefintely sshlied," slurred Sowon.

"ME!" Taemin patted his chest, "I-I-I-I wwwwould neva!" he lifted his arm, nearly toppling them both over.

Chaeyoung and Jennie stood, mouths agape. Watching as Sowon slouched into Taemin, this time causing them both to fall.

"SEE!" yelled Sowon, "Yssyou lied. You said you huh, huh, would, huh huh, hold huh, us huh, up, huh," she pointed into his chest as the hiccups worsened.

"S-s-sowie," said Taemin as he laid on the ground Sowon on top of him.

Jennie patted Chaeyoung out of her daze, "We need to help them."

"Right," nodded Chaeyoung as they made their way towards the drunk pair. Reaching them, Jennie bent down in front of Sowon startling her.

"AAAH! It's a ghost!" yelled Sowon as she tried to crawl away.

"Where!" Taemin looked around frantically but that caused him to feel dizzy, "Fuck, I think," as Chaeyoung tried to help him up, he threw up against the wall.

"Oh shit!" yelled she, directing his head, while Jennie hurriedly ushered Sowon out the way. Thankfully, it didn't hit anyone. Chaeyoung, held Taemin's arm and head as he threw up again.

Meanwhile, Sowon was crying into Jennie's embrace, hugging her tightly, "Y-you're th-the nicest ghost ever," she snuggled into Jennie and patted her boob, "Nice breast huh, huh, I mean ghost."

Chaeyoung burst out laughing watching them. Jennie also couldn't contain herself, "Yeah Sowon, nice ghost," Chaeyoung egged on making Sowon pat Jennie's boob again.

"Chae! Stop," tried Jennie but she giggled along. Taemin was slung over Chaeyoung and Jennie had Sowon, "Come on you two, let's get you guys home," she said.

"Taemin's staying at Jim's," said Chaeyoung as they began to drag the pair.

"Okay, maybe he can let them both stay for the night," said Jennie.

"Mmm, shouldn't be an issue," said Chaeyoung. Looking at each other over the two drunken heads, they burst out laughing again, not believing their night. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 780 21
At the age of eighteen, Kim Jisoo enlisted in the Army, walking away from her small hometown Girum for almost a decade. At the start of her third tou...
24.3K 1.1K 36
You think you know the story. Just never told like this before. Copyright Disclaimer: I hereby state that I do not own any of the characters being us...
394K 13.6K 45
A story about two souls bound to their past. One without a heart, and one without a soul. What if fate decides to bind them twice? What if their pas...
293K 10K 17
Jennie is about to get married in a month as excitement washes all over her mind and body like other brides should have. She spreads the news to eve...