Renovatio

By scolric

We have died. In a previous image. When we were completely unaware Of the self-known as "I". We had abandon... More

Foreword
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
The Metamorphoses
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2

Part 2

128 13 0
By scolric

"You know you really didn't have to wait for me," Somin peaked over her shoulder as she opened her hut door.

"Aah, we're still on that," said Lisa. They made their way inside towards the resting room, "I actually quite enjoyed watching you work. It made me feel things."

"Yeah, well it isn't that unusual for you, now is it," Somin spoke teasingly.

"Right," laughed Lisa.

Hands on her hips, Somin smiled as she sat down next to her, "How are you," she grazed Lisa's cheek, "You look like shit by the way."

"Thanks," she chuckled, "I'm tired. This thing with Jisoo, it's a lot."

"Which thing?"

"Her wanting to take the throne," Lisa gave her a look that said it should be obvious.

"You sure it's not the other thing as well?"

"What other thing?"

Somin decided to follow Lisa and play ignorant, "So, you all really are going through with a rebellion against King Eon?"

"Ai, once we left the capital with all of Jisoo's belonging's I knew there was no turning back. We're currently based in a friend's home. However, when Jennie and I return that will most likely change. It's all dependent on what the King's next moves are."

"I wonder what he's going to do considering prince Jimin declined successorship."

"It's been made public?"

"Yes, the news spread incredibly quickly. There is much tension amongst the people. Though our village is now situated in the outskirts of Tome forest, if things escalate, this area will probably become a zone of conflict again," Somin leaned back, "Just when we're starting to recover from the most recent attack."

"I'm sorry."

Somin shrugged and crossed her legs onto the sofa, "It's not in your control. These things happen."

"Still," she shifted closer to her, fingers itching to pull Somin's legs into her lap, "I'm sorry."

"How are you really Lisa?"

"I missed you," her hands moved slowly onto Somin's knee.

"I missed you too," said Somin, "I'm worried about you," she moved silver strands out of downturned eyes, "Are you even resting?"

"Could I just hold you?" Lisa's eyes lifted, "Please, may I?"

Biting her lip, Somin nodded as she laid down, "Sure, come here," she opened her arms and Lisa hurried into them. Sighing contently as she felt lips kiss across the top of her head, she tightened her hold and lost herself in the warm embrace.

Kai picked up the yellow-shirted boy from Jisoo's arms and handed him back to his father. The child's mother knelt before the princess, eyes wet, "Thank you, thank you, thank you," she whispered and clutched onto Jisoo's legs.

Suga and the others ushered the rest of the crowd away, calls of early morning returns welcomed as they called for Jisoo. Slowly, the princess knelt and helped the woman up. Though with child and husband, she looked no older than the princess herself. Sleek brown hair was pulled into a tight bun with ragged clothes hanging off thin shoulders.

She wiped the wetness underneath her eyes away, "It is my duty to aid those who choose the right path," they both turned towards the father and child, "And you and your family have done so," she turned back to the woman, "It is for you that I shall bring an end to the King's tyranny. With me, peace is all you will know," she pulled the woman into a hug then released her away.

"You are incredible, your Highness," Kai stepped next to her watching as the family disappeared into the roads of the town, food package in hand.

Gaze roaming, Jisoo sighed at the destitute nature of this town, "How are they living in such conditions," she shook her head, "We must put an end to it."

"We shall, your highness," Kai smiled as they began walking towards their carriage, "In fact, I think we may be able to usher in the first move."

"How so?"

"Kira delivered a letter this morning," he took out a piece of paper and handed it to her, "It's from the Midlands."

Opening it, she read the short message, "They'd like to meet sooner?"

"Yes, your Highness."

"Why?"

"I do not know. But surely this is a good move. They have been nothing but willing to engage with us."

"That is true. But Lisa and Jennie are not with us."

"Surely, you can hold council on your own. You are more than capable, your Highness."

"Yes, but it would be strange to meet with them without my two most important council members."

Kai placed a hand on his shoulder as they stood in front of the red carriage, "Fear not, you shall have myself, Suga, Taehyung, Kira and all the others right beside you. I believe this may be a good step forward. And once Lisa and Jennie return, we can inform them of whatever good news, I know you'll be able to share with them from this meeting."

"Where would we meet them?"

"I believe Kira mentioned that they would come to us."

"I see," Jisoo nodded, "Fine, tell Kira we shall meet with them in two days at Taeyong's mansion. Hopefully, that is suitable," she turned as Kai opened the carriage door for her.

"I think it will be, your Highness," he smiled as he closed the door behind them.

"Get it into to your head Eon!" Chaerin stood, unable to hide her frustration, "Jimin refused. He does not want it."

"Even so," Eon lifted an eyebrow, "That does not mean I will let Jisoo have it."

"Why not?" chimed Bella, "She was groomed her entire life for the position. Let us just hand it to her Eon and forget about a war."

"No."

"We can not afford to do this," said Bella.

"Thousands of soldiers have already defected, eager to aid the princess in her fight," added Clive, "We must put an end to it."

Eon stood up, "And we shall," he looked seriously at all of them, "I expect battle plans by the end of tomorrow. We commence our first attack by next week."

Clive's eyes widened, "Next Week!" he heard Chaerin grumble, "That is insanity? Have you forgotten? We still have forces positioned for attacks from the Midland rebellion."

"Then re-position them," Eon's patience was running thin, "All forces must be focused towards Jisoo. If the Midlands feel they should attack during that, then prepare to put a stop to it," he walked towards the door, "I expect results. Now get to it," he exited and left his council in a pool of anxiousness.

Fingers stretched out towards the pile of cabbages, the white spots appeared suddenly, sparkling in front of him.

Jaehyun...

He felt a soothing grip, "Your hands are trembling? Are you okay" asked Chaeyoung as she held his hand, rubbing her thumb over the back of it.

Blinking, the sparkling disappeared, and he focused on Chaeyoung's concerned gazed, "Did you just call my name?"

"No."

"Oh."

She turned to the young vendor, "We'll take two heads of cabbages please?"

"Sure thing," he moved to bag it.

"Is there anything else Dayday needs for the dinner?"

'Uhhh," he pinched the bridge of his nose, "Yeah, yeah. Uhm...we need to pick up the fish at the butchery and the spices she ordered at the herb stall."

"Okay," nodded Chaeyoung not letting go of his hand, still a little worried, "Let's go then."

Scanning the table Jennie reached for her cup "Where's the other one?"

Dahyun looked up from the large book, "Sorry?"

"The other book? The black and pink one."

"Oh! It's in our bedroom," she took off her glasses, "We actually haven't touched it in awhile. To create a translation spell we need to be sure that everything is correct. That's why we're going through the reference book first."

"Will the spell be able to translate that book though?"

Dahyun frowned, "That's the thing, we don't know. We've..." she looked towards their bedroom, "Actually, we've kind of been avoiding that book. Every time Jae touches the thing his bouts worsen. So, I've being doing most of the work lately."

"Bouts? Is something the matter with him?"

"Since coming back from getting this thing," she patted the large book, "He's been having fitful sleeps. Some nights he has nightmares, others its just him thrashing around, as if he's fighting someone," Dahyun's voice was soft, "It's gotten a little better lately. But...that book I don't know why it triggers this in him. It's so strange."

"Has it had the same effect on you?"

"No," Dahyun sighed, "Jen, things are just so weird. And all this stuff with Chae as well."

"What do you mean?"

"Well you two have spoken about it right? How weird Jim and the others have been."

Jennie's shoulders relaxed, "Ah yes, yes. That. I still don't get it. If anything's going on with the village, they should let her know."

"Right? But that just makes it more obvious."

Dahyun saw Jennie's confusion and clarified, "Well you know, it makes it more obvious that it must be about her? Or something about her. They are so bad at hiding when they need her to leave. As if shoving her into the military wasn't bad enough."

Taken aback, Jennie's face fell. She thought Chaeyoung chose to come to the military on her own accord. That certainly was the impression her love gave to her.

"We're back," Chaeyoung's voice echoed as they came into the kitchen with bags in hand.

"Awesome! I can get started on cooking," Jaehyun placed the other bags on the table and sat down next to Jennie.

"I can help," said Chaeyoung and Dahyun nodded as they made their way in to the kitchen.

Jaehyun sighed deeply as he rubbed his forehead, "I think I need a drink."

Jennie's eyes drifted towards the kitchen, wondering what else Chaeyoung isn't telling her, "Me too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.5K 1.3K 22
A short fun little story where our royal maknae gets turned into a three year old , literally. ~π~π~π~π~ This is an idea I had from a dream so I mad...
3.7M 102K 68
Jennie said she's 100% straight, but she's not homophobic either. It's just that she has been inlove with a guy for almost 5yrs now. But, what if one...
Gain By scolric

Fanfiction

58.1K 3.1K 47
"You placed me in a position I never knew I needed. But here I am in front of you. Desperate and ashamed." Park Chaeyoung A fanfiction dedicated to a...
292K 10K 17
Jennie is about to get married in a month as excitement washes all over her mind and body like other brides should have. She spreads the news to eve...