The Roses That Grew From The...

By Therightauthor

Read the story to find out. I promise it'll be worth it๐ŸŒนโค๏ธ!! [ Finishedโœ… ] More

Characters
Introduction
Ch. 1
Ch.2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch.9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch. 12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch. 15
Ch. 16
Ch. 17
Ch. 18
Ch. 19
Ch.20
Ch.21
Ch.22
Ch.23
Ch.24
Ch. 25
Ch. 26
Ch. 27
Ch. 28
Ch. 29
Ch. 30
Ch. 31
Ch. 32
Ch. 33
Ch. 34
Ch. 35
Ch. 36
Ch. 37
Ch. 39
Ch. 40
Ch. 41
Ch. 42
Ch. 43
Ch. 44
Ch. 45
Ch. 46
Ch. 47
Ch. 48
Ch. 49
Ch. 50
Ch. 51
Ch. 52
Ch. 53
Ch. 54
Ch. 55
Ch. 56
Ch. 57
Ch. 58
Ch. 59
Ch. 60
Ch. 61
Ch. 62
Ch. 63
Ch. 64
Ch. 65
Ch. 66
Ch. 67
Ch. 68
Ch. 69
Ch. 70
Ch. 71
Ch. 72
Ch. 73
Ch. 74
Ch. 75๏ฟผ
Ch. 76
Ch. 77
Ch. 78
Ch. 79
Ch. 80
Ch.81
Ch. 82
Ch. 83
Ch. 84
Ch. 85
Ch. 86
Ch. 87
Ch. 88
Ch. 89
Ch. 90
Ch. 91
Ch. 92
Ch. 93
Ch. 94
Ch. 95
Ch. 96
Ch. 97
Ch. 98
Ch. 99
๐Ÿšจ๐Ÿšจ๐Ÿšจ๐Ÿšจ๐Ÿšจ
Ch. 100
I hope yall understand.
New Book is OUTNOW๐Ÿฅณ
๐ŸฅณPooh Shiesty Book๐Ÿฅณ

Ch. 38

6.6K 308 93
By Therightauthor

South Memphis, TN

Key's POV

" Y'all just got the fighting 3 hours ago, and y'all niggas in here playing the game?" Pjay said looking at me and Fat.

" Yeah, and? Hell, as you can see Fat getting his ass whooped just like he got his ass whooped outside." I laughed.

" Nigga, yeen beat my ass. All yo ass was doing was holding a nigga, if you wanted to wrestle you should've just said that." Fat said.

" Y'all want a rematch? Y'all tryna another round? Cause this time I'ma record it." Woo said instigating.

" Ain't gone be none of dat up in here! Y'all done already fucked up my plants in the damn backyard. Now come on I need y'all to carry the food out back." My grandma fussed at us.

" Y'all niggas heard my granny!" Dolph teased.

" Adolph, shut da hell up! Ion need no damn background singer." She said as she walked out the room.

" Glock, you better getcho grandma before I put ha old ass in a headlock." Dolph said lowly so she wouldn't hear him.

" Oh, so now she my grandma cause she done got on yo ass?" I laughed.

We turned off the game, and headed to the kitchen. It was so many folks here every room damn near filled up. As we grabbed the food, and took it out back. The kids were running around with sparklers, and roman candles.

Trey, Ashley, and Kennedy walked in. They came over to us.

" Wazzam whoodies." Trey said to us.

" Wassup, my nigga." I said dapping him up.

I'm surprised me and Trey still cool cause after I cheated on Cali, I just knew I was gone have to fight his ass.

" Hey, Miss Meika." Ash and Kenn said in unison hugging my momma.

" Hey Trey, why you didn't bring Ari?" My momma asked hugging him.

" At the crib with ha momma nem. She 7 months lazy, I can't get ha to go nowhere, but to ha doctors appointments." Trey said shaking his head.

" Well, you tell ha I said and she almost at the finish line so keep hanging in there." My momma laughed.

" Oh, yea the baby shower gone be in August. I'ma send you a invitation." He said .

" Ok, well just let me know."

" Mane is we finna eat or what? Cause I'm starving." Fat said rubbing his stomach.

" Boy, hush we just waiting on two more people." My momma said as she popped Fat on the arm.

" Who we waiting on? Everybody here."  Pjay looking around.

Before my momma could answer she got a text, and smiled.

" They here. I'll be right back." She said as she ran off in the house.

" Meika got a boyfriend?" Kennedy asked me.

" She bet not!" Me and Dolph said in unison.

" Nah, fuck that Key you got a step daddy we don't know bout?" Pjay said.

They all busted out laughing.

" Nigga, quit playing with me."

I got on my phone to text Bre, so she could save my number.

" Look at God! He do work miracles Cali here." Fat said causing me to look up.

My momma walked out with Erica and Cali. He ran over and hugged Caliana.

" Close ya mouth or you'll catch flies in my nigga." Pjay whispered laughing.

I couldn't help but to stare at ha cause she looked too damn good right now. She done got way thicker, but in all the right places. I just hope she give me a chance to talk to her.

It's crazy how I couldn't get a hold of ha fa 3 months, but all my momma gotta do is call or text, and she there no questions asked. What typa shit is that?

I waved him off, and got back on my phone.

Cali's POV

" Cali, fool on God I missed you!" Fat said as he was hugging me tightly.

" I missed you too Fat." I laughed hugging him back.

" Ok, boy let ha breathe damn!" Meika said.

" You right, my fault. Hey Ms. Erica how you doing?" Fat said as he hugged my momma.

" I'm doing fine. Thank ya." She laughed.

" Cali, you coming over here with us?" Fat asked.

" I'll be over there inna minute." I said.

He nodded and walked back over to Key nem.

I looked over, and did a slight wave the rest of em. Of course, Key was in his phone.

Today, can either go one or two ways. Either he be cool and cordial bout the situation or we can fight and tear this backyard up, and then everybody's day fucked up. It's up to him.

" You know you can still go talk to Ash and Kenn nem right?" My momma whispered to me.

" I talk em and see em almost everyday. It won't hurt if I don't talk to em today." I said.

" You sure you don't wanna go speak to everybody?" Meika asked.

" If my baby don't wanna talk to that big lip, long neck, skinny tail boy then she ain't gotta talk to him. Hey baby, how ya doing?" Miss Mildred said as she came and hugged me.

" Hold on, now momma that's my son you talking bout." Tameika said laughing.

" Hey, Miss Mildred. I'm doing good, and it's fine I was finna head over there anyways." I laughed as I hugged her back.

I left Meika em, and walked over to where Trey nem was at.

" Wazzam, y'all." I said waving at them.

" Bitch, you look good." Ash said hyping me up.

" Thank ya." I said flipping my hair.

" Girl, if you don't getcho ugly ass over here and hug us! We ain't seen you in 3 months." Woo said pulling me into a hug.

I hugged him back.

I hugged Pjay and Dolph, but for some reason Fat wanted another hug so I hugged him again.

" Why yeen tell me you was coming?" Trey asked me.

" I wasn't until Meika texted me."

Trey nodded his head.

" Hey, Key." I said

" Wassup." He said as he did a simple head nod not even looking up from his phone.

Everybody had got quiet, and an awkward silence came over us. You could feel the tension better me and key, and it made everybody else uncomfortable.

" Well, beautiful weather we have here." Dolph said scratching the back of his neck.

" Nigga, shutcho ass up!" Key said as the same time I said something.

" Shutcho old ass up!" I said at the same time as Key.

" Alright, y'all let's pray so we can eat." Mildred yelled.

One of Key's aunties prayed, and we all started to fix our food.

" Nuh uh, baby don't put that on yo plate Angie made that, and ha ass can't cook." Meika said to me as she pointed to some watery ass food.

I couldn't help, but to laugh.

" Ma, you gone fix my plate?" Key asked looking at her.

" You grown you come fix ya own damn plate."

Key smacked his lips, and walked over next to us.

" Caliana, I'll be back I gotta help momma take the deserts out." Meika said as she walked off.

" What the fuck is this? Aunt Angie had to fix this watery ass shit." Key said with a disgusting look on his face.

I tried to hold in my laugh, but I couldn't.

" Yeah, yo momma told me not to put that on my plate." I said to him.

" Look Ca—" Before Key could say anything Key's cousin Jaliyah came up to me.

" Cali? Girl, now why I didn't see you when you walked in?" She said as she hugged me.

" I just got hea like 15 mins ago." I said.

Key walked off, so me and Jaliyah fell into our own conversation. I sat next to my momma as we started to eat our food.

" Son, you haven't spoke to me all day." My momma said to Key as he was finna walk pass.

" Ion know how many times I gotta keep telling ya lady that ain't yo son." I said lowly.

" Hey ma, I wanted to speak earlier but you was always in a conversation so ian wanna be rude." Key said as he hugged her.

" Boy, please you could've came to spoke to me. How you be—" Before she could finish her phone rung.

She got up to go answer it.

" Caliana, can I holla at you real quick." Key said to me.

" Yeah, but let me see what this phone call about first." I said as I looked over at my momma.

I had already kinda figured it was her getting called into work.

" Son, tell your momma nem I said bye, and thanks fa having us. Cali, I got call into work. You can get Trey or Kenn nem to drop you off at home, right?" She asked as she scrabbled to get her stuff.

" Yup, I always manage to get back home. I'll be good." I said as she hugged and kissed goodbye.

I began to clean off our table, and grabbed our trash to throw it away.

" We can talk now." I said to Key.

" Not out here. Come on." Key said as he nodded his head towards the house.

I followed Key upstairs to his old bedroom. I walked in as he closed the door behind us.

I guess he could see in my face I was sad already.

" You know she would've stayed, if you would've asked her to. Right?" Key asked looking at me as he sat on the bed.

" I'll be fine, I'm use to it by now. She done missed more important things then this. Hell Christmas, birthdays, first day of school, award ceremonies you name it. Whenever missed something I get expensive gifts to make up for it." I laughed to cover my sadness.

Which was true. Whenever my momma or pops would miss something important, she would leave her credit card with me so I could go shopping. Yeah, it was cool at first, but after a while it gets old. I'm 21, and barely spend time with my parents cause they're always working. I'm kinda glad I can't have kids cause the way I'm working myself now I'm bound to do it to them.

" You know yeen gotta lie to me. I can tell it make you feel some typa way." Key said concerned.

" What you brought me in hea fa Key?" I said deflecting the subject.

" I just wanna apologize fa cheating on you. You was right. I wasn't ready for a relationship, but that don't make what I did right. Yeen deserve none of that shit. I just want you to forgive me. I want all of us to be cool again."

" Really, Markeyvius? That's all you have to say fa ya self? You know what FUCK YOU!" I said angrily as I leaned against his dresser.

He had a sad look on his face, and I busted out laughing.

" I'm just fucking withchu. I'm really over the whole situation anyways, and I actually miss hanging out with y'all stupid asses. And obviously y'all miss a real bitch so I forgive ya." I said shrugging my shoulders.

" Mcht, mane yo ass play too damn much." Key said as he smacked his lips.

I shrugged my shoulders.

" Well, let's hug it out then." Key said as he stood up pulling his sagging pants up.

He held his arms open, and started to approach me.

" We ain't that damn cool yet." I said as I mugged his forehead making him stumble.

" Come on Cali you know you want to, and I'm not gone leave you alone until you do." Key smirked.

" Ight bruh, just this one time. Don't make this a everyday thang!" I said as I allowed him to hug me.

" But in all seriousness I really am sorry, and I did miss you." Key said as he hugged me tighter.

As he released me from our hug, and I reached for the door. Fat, Dolph, Woo, Pjay, Ashley, Kennedy, and Trey all fell in.

" Really?" Key said with a straight face looking at them.

" That's what y'all nosey ass get! Now move out the damn way." I said stepping over them.

" We though y'all was in here fucking!" Woo said getting up.

" I was trying to leave cuzzin, but fat ass over hea wouldn't move his ass out da way." Trey said pushing Fat.

" Nigga, quit lying! You the one who said we should eavesdrop on em!" Fat said.

" YAYY! The gangs all back together again!" Kennedy said happily as she forced all of us to group hug.

————

Everybody back cool again. Bre back in the picture, and Key back cool with Cali. I wonder how that's gone play out☺️😏🤫

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

261K 15.2K 95
Sequel! Continue on Cali and Key's journey. Read the first book before you read this story!! THIS IS THE SEQUEL!!! Completedโœ…
709K 29.8K 50
๐€๐ซ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐›๐จ๐๐ฒ ๐–๐ก๐จ ๐ฌ๐ž๐ž๐ฌ ๐š ๐ฐ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐›๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ค๐ฌ ๐ข๐ญ? ๐€๐ซ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐๐ฒ ๐ญ๐จ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ญ๐จ...
18.4K 321 37
Just read you'll like it ๐Ÿคญ
867 42 15
D E S T I N Y - TheThingWeNeverCanChange - โ€ขEnglish ff โ€ขJJK Read the intro to know abt the story <3