Inexplicable (DEREK HALE)

By HorneSupremacy

(NOW ON AO3) Sarah Stilinski the more popular, beautiful, smarter and talented Stilinski twin. Best friends... More

Extended Summary
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
THE MOVIE
Chapter 56
Chapter 57

Chapter 45

5.4K 131 18
By HorneSupremacy

Season 4 Episode 1

Sarah and Erik ride their bikes into the town, stopping in front of Stiles' jeep. Erik hops off his bike first then Sarah follows shortly after, pulling off her helmet after Erik.

"Long time no see." Sarah remarks, looking at her friends and family who she hasn't seen in months.

"Sarah?" Stiles questions, rushing over to her. "Where the hell have you been?" He shouts, pulling her into a hug. "You promised you would stay in touch then you disappeared off the face of the earth. And we find you in Mexico?"

"Long story short, I was taken by the Calaveras and they wouldn't let me go." Sarah quickly explains, pulling away from the hug to hug her friends who she had been missing a lot during her time away from them.

"Can we get this going?" Erik questions, breaking up the heartfelt reunion. "We need to leave now if we're going to make it to La Iglesia."

"The church?" Lydia frowns.

"Whats the church?" Stiles asks.

"Not a place you'll find God." Sarah replies.

"Wait.. What do you know?" Scott questions.

"Everything. Erik briefed me before I left." Sarah responds, placing her helmet on the ground to tie back her hair before glancing at Erik. "Shall we get going?" Sarah asks and Erik slowly nods, they all share one more look before heading off towards the church. The pack in the jeep and Erik and Sarah on their bikes. They drive through the deserted sand valleys when all of a sudden Stiles' jeep stops. Sarah and Erik notice, turning around and pulling over in order to try and help them.

"What happened?" Erik questions, taking off his helmet and approaching their car, Sarah swiftly on his tail.

"I don't know. It felt like we hit something." Stiles replies.

"Scott, we need to get there by night. It's too dangerous otherwise." Sarah explains, telling Scott to come with her and Erik. Scott ponders it for a short while, turning back Stiles for reassurance.

"Go." Stiles tells him.

"Not without you." Scott says, shaking his head.

"Dude, someone needs to find Derek. We'll figure something out. We always do. Just go." Stiles replies, Scott slowly nods and goes to join Sarah on her bike when Kira stops him.

"Scott! I can't think of anything else to say except for be careful. And I know be careful sounds kind of lame and I'm totally sure the second you're gone I'm gonna think of something much better, but i.." Kira rambles on, trailing off when she can't think of anything else to say.

"No, be careful works for me." Scott says with a smile and Kira pulls him into a hug which Scott returns.

"Please tell me you're not like this with your boyfriend?" Erik questions in disgust. "If you even have one.." He mutters.

"I heard that." Sarah scoffs, playfully hitting his arm. "Yes I do have one and no, I'm not like that."

"Good." Erik remarks. "Kid, the sun's going down!" He shouts over to Scott, who pulls away from the hug and joins Sarah on her bike. The trio make their way towards the church, only stopping by the edge of the valley in order to have a look down at the church.

"La iglesia." Sarah tells Scott, pulling off her helmet.

"What happened here?" Scott questions.

"An earthquake." Erik answers. "It levelled the town."

"Then why is the church still standing?" Scott asks with a frown.

"The locals think it's because of what's underneath." Sarah answers.

"Do I wanna know?" Scott questions with raised eyebrows.

"The church was built over the ruins of an Aztec temple. It belonged to a People called the nagual." Erik explains for him.

"Shapeshifters?" Scott questions.

"Were-jaguars." Sarah corrects, now turning to face Scott.

"So Derek and Kate are somewhere in there?" Scott questions.

"I don't know. Never gotten this far before." Sarah tells him, turning back to her bike and they drive towards the church not making it before nightfall. They pull up a few feet away from the house, grabbing their weapons and a flashlight to navigate through the dark. Erik cocks his gun before they enter the building, immediately gaining Scott's attention.

"If you find Kate in here, what are you gonna do with her?" Scott asks, not liking where it is going.

"Bring her back to the Calaveras. That's what they paid me for." Erik reveals, taking slow steps towards the building with Scott and Sarah next to him.

"What happens after that?" Scott frowns.

"Not my problem." Erik dismisses.

"You don't care?" Scott questions, glancing at Sarah for a second, wondering how on earth she spent 3 months with the man.

"Do you?" Erik counters. "She's a mass murderer."

"Shouldn't you care?" Scott questions.

"Well, I've gotta eat somehow." Erik tells him.

"If you were paid enough, would you kill her?" Scott questions and Erik simply glances at Sarah, sick of her friend's question.

"If he was paid enough, he'd kill me." Sarah answers and Erik stops to spin around to face Scott.

"She's right." He reveals, turning back around and walking into the church ahead of them. Scott was left a little speechless but he followed after the pair. They walk through the front door and Erik kicks away some of the obstacles in their path. "Can you catch Derek's scent?"

"Yeah, already on it." Scott responds, walking forward before holding out a hand stopping the pair in their place.

"What?" Erik questions.

"He just heard something." Sarah answers, looking around the room for something.

"Something like what?" Erik asks.

"Something not human." Scott replies, they share a nervous look before heading forward. Sarah and Erik had their guns in their hands, ready for anything, and they continue the walk into the church into the ruins underneath.

"So, how come you didn't kiss her?" Erik questions, making aimless conversation.

"What?" Scott frowns in confusion.

"How come you didn't kiss your girlfriend?" Erik continues.

"You mean Kira?" Scott realises.

"Whatever her name is." Erik dismisses.

"Well, she's not really.." He trails off trying to find the right wording. "We've never really..." He trails off again, still not sure on what to say. "She's not my girlfriend."

"So if you die down here, are you gonna regret not kissing her?" Erik questions, pausing to look at him, capturing the look of regret flash across Scott's face. "You should've kissed your girlfriend." He deadpans, moving forward into the ruins to look for Derek, being surrounded by walls and cobwebs as they progress further and further through until Scott begins to get an uneasy feeling, spinning around only to find that nothing was there.

"What?" Sarah questions in a whisper.

"I just had a feeling like something was behind us." Scott reveals, Erik and Sarah slowly raise their weapons, preparing for any kind of attack. They continue their way through the building when they hear a deep exhale, gaining all of their attentions.

"You hear that?" Sarah questions, looking at the group that is with her.

"Is this why you never get that far?" Scott asks, knowing that what is about to come is very dangerous. They hear growling then footsteps continue to charge towards them.

"Get ready." Erik alarms them and they nod as the beast comes charging towards them. Erik and Sarah immediately start shooting at it as they takes steps back to try and get some distance between themselves and it.

"Do you see it?" Sarah questions.

"I don't know, I can't see anything." Scott reveals.

"Where is this thing?" Erik questions.

"It's coming back." Scott warns.

"Scott, get behind us." Erik tells him but he slowly takes some steps froward, roaring at the beast, causing all of the walls to collapse around them.

"I think I scared it." Scott sheepishly tells them.

"I think you scared everything." Erik replies, slightly annoyed at the young teen. They hear a crashing sound behind them and they immediately turn their attention onto it, forgetting about what Scott had said.

"What is that?" Scott asks, grabbing the torch and shining it onto the wall where the sound came from. Walking through the doorway to find a symbol.

"I've seen that before. Tezcatlipoca." Sarah informs them as they approach it. "The natural jaguar God."

"I think we found Derek." Erik tells them.

"Stand back." Scott warns as he begins to punch the brick wall, pulling it open to find Derek. Just not the Derek they were looking for.

"Oh, my God." Sarah gasps in disbelief.

"What? Is that not Derek?" Erik questions, looking at Scott and Sarah's facial expressions.

"Kind of." Scott replies, pulling Derek out of the whole and helping him to his feet with Sarah's help.

"What do you mean kind of?" Erik frowns in confusion.

"Derek is a buff 24 year old man." Sarah reveals.

"This is a young version of him?" Erik questions and they both nod as they start to leave the temple. When they get outside, they're greeted by Stiles and the rest of the pack, who immediately rush over to them. Stiles locks his eyes onto Derek and his eyes widen in disbelief.

"Is that him? Is that Derek?" Malia questions, obviously having never met Derek before.

"Uh, sort of." Stiles answers as Derek slowly raises his head to look at him, revealing to the pack that he's the young version of Derek. "On the bright side, at least you're dating a guy the same age as you." Stiles remarks, looking over at Sarah.

"Shut up, Stiles." She dismisses, helping Derek into the back of his jeep where he falls asleep.

"Too soon?" He questions and the group nod.

"Whats the plan now?" Scott questions, looking to and from Erik and Sarah. Sarah simply shrugs and looks over to Erik.

"Ask him, I didn't come here because I wanted to." Sarah reveals.

"Then why are you here?" Stiles questions. "Why weren't you at home, with us? I know you wanted some space after the Nogitsune thing but I didn't think you meant that much."

"When Sarah rescued Peter and Derek from the Calaveras, she sent a target on her back. They wanted to kill her but Araya believed that we could use her talents in the search for Kate, so we decided not to do it." Erik explains.

"Instead, you just kidnapped her and forced her to stay with you?" Stiles questions.

"Well, it sounds worse when you put it like that.." Erik trails off with a small chuckle. "But, we'll be coming back with you. We need to find Kate and Beacon Hills will be the next step in doing so."

"One thing that doesn't make sense, I thought you had an internship at the US Marshal's office." Stiles says with a frowns.

"Erik is a US Marshall." Sarah reveals. "He had to do it for work and Araya wanted me, so it was a win-win situation to them."

"Good to have you back, sis." Stiles says with a smile, pulling her back into a hug.

"It's good to be back." Sarah responds, returning the hug, hoping she can find Kate and everything will be back to normal. Well, as normal as things can be in Beacon Hills.

A/N: Vote and Comment. Finally Season 4!!! It was so hard trying to get through 3b, but I've done it and season 4 is my favourite season of teen wolf so I'm going to have fun writing this season. 
Also, sorry for the long delay it's been a busy Christmas but I'll hopefully be updating more regularly and I also have another Peter Hale book idea which I want to get written up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.4K 1.1K 45
Stiles Stilinski, Scott McCall, and Scott's twin sister, Elizabeth McCall... the Golden Trio of Beacon Hills. All was well in the little town, until...
25.2K 627 22
Kimberly McCall a weird, sarcastic, funny, and beautiful twin of Scott McCall. Except shes prettier than Scott of course. Obviously. But what will sh...
5.9M 142K 49
[ BOOK ONE ] ❝ there are two things in life for which we are never truly prepared; twins. ❞ Kasey McCall is the twin sister of Scott McCall... while...
9.7K 218 20
"Every girl deserves a boy that can make her forget her heart was ever broken." [Teen Wolf] [Season 1 - 6] [Stiles Stilinski x OC] STARTED: OCTOBER 2...