ALONE [JJK]

By StupidButCute00

"Your eyes are like smoke: gray and full of heat." His own eyes dipped into yours, his arms only slightly loo... More

Prologue
Chapter ONE
Chapter TWO
Chapter THREE
Chapter FOUR
Chapter FIVE
Chapter SIX
Chapter SEVEN
Chapter NINE
Chapter TEN
Chapter ELEVEN
Chapter TWELVE
Chapter THIRTEEN
IMPORTANT
Chapter FOURTEEN
Chapter FIFTEEN
Chapter SIXTEEN
Chapter SEVENTEEN
Chapter EIGHTEEN
Chapter NINETEEN
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty - Four
Chapter Thirty - Five
Chapter Thirty - Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty - Eight
Chapter Thirty - Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty - Two
Chapter Forty - Three
Chapter Forty - Four
Chapter Forty - Five
Chapter Forty - Six
Chapter Forty - Seven
Chapter Forty - Eight
Chapter Forty - Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two -Part 01-
Chapter Fifty Two -Part 02-
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-nine

Chapter EIGHT

3.9K 295 39
By StupidButCute00

"Sign08: People who are lying tend to shuffle their feet."

.

"It seems like Jimin isn't coming," Hoseok informed while looking at his phone, "He's home but he still wants us to bring him his share," the man added, smiling sweetly before placing his phone back inside his pocket.

"He should have told us before that idiot, the food will be cold when we got home." Jin rolled his eyes then focused on his soup.

Your eyes narrowed, It was true that you know Jin. But, you never wanted to ask about his personal life. All your meetings happened inside the campus or in a lecture hall, but never outside. And all that you talk about was your life, your feelings, and your knowledge. Kim Soekjin was your therapist-Professor like ..... until today, when you asked him for dinner was the first attempt to accept him as a friend. And in order to start this friendship, you needed to know something, "You guys live together?" You raised your head up looking at Jin expecting him to answer but Namjoon was the one who talked first.

"Yeah, all of us live together." The smart man said giving you a glance, noticing your confused look he decided to continue his words. "None of us is from Seoul but we all studied here and currently work here as well therefore instead of each of us renting his own small apartment we thought it will be better if get a big house together and share the rent."

Your head cocked to the left and your mind started to count automatically how many of them he meant, those four and Jimin? Five? or there's more? ........ Oh, That Taehyung guy too probably? Six men living together? Like a boy band or something? Is this a thing? I mean even One direction couldn't stand each other. 

You don't know the feeling of living with too many people, heck ....... you don't even know how it is to have a roommate let alone three or more.

Suddenly Hoseok chuckled, probably you looked stupid. "It's not strange I swear, After all, we are rarely in the house." You watched as he took a sip of his soda before looking at you again, "Plus we're all good friends so," He gently smiled.

Good friends

Is being good friends enough to live together? Share the same space? Share the kitchen, the living room, the bathrooms, and the food probably as well?  

I wonder how it is

People usually make friends in college or the workplace, But for years, ever since you were a child and after every happened in your life, your loneliness grew steadily until it dominated your emotions. What started out as a nagging feeling became so strong that you resolved to break out of your comfort zone to find a friend, someone who would talk to you and maybe even share a joke. 

On an average week you left the house only to buy groceries, the rest of the time you studied online, played online, and checked the news too often. It was pretty strange how you know the problem you were having, you studied how to change it but you never tried. 

"It's still weird, especially when those idiots bring women in." Namjoon suddenly glared at Hoseok.

"Well, Kim Namjoon sshi ...... you're the last to talk," Hoseok faked a smile and rolled his eyes, "Jin Hyung is the only decent person in that Hoseok who actually consider others in that matter." He ended his words with a laugh and strangely you joined.

"O.....kay, let's change the subject please," Jin waved his hands embarrassed, "I am pretty sure Y/N doesn't want to hear about your sex life-" Before Jin could finish his words, his phone rang. You watched as he grabbed it and checked the dealer's name, he raised a brow before standing up, "Sorry, I must take this one. If y'all finished call for the check," that sounded mighty nice. The man grabbed his wallet and took a credit card handing it to Namjoon. Then he continued, "Pay and wait for me outside, don't forget Jimin's food." He reminded his friends before walking away to answer the call or call back since the phone wasn't ringing anymore.

The men nodded and Namjoon raised his hand motioning for the waiter to get the check. 

You looked down and let out a sigh of relief smiling slowly in between. The dinner is done and nothing happened, it was just a normal day, it makes you wonder why you lived a stubborn life refusing every offer from people to reach you out from your wanted loneliness. Maybe if you accepted a few of them lying to you as normal you may have many friends by now, maybe it is a thing for people to lie all the time, maybe it doesn't mean they'll hurt you. 

"It's not that bad is it?" 

You looked up immediately to the person who talked, feeling carried away with your thoughts for a moment there, well maybe it was more than a moment since you obviously didn't notice that the only person at the table was Jungkook. He had one elbow resting at the table as his palm held his chin, his long bangs covering one of his eyes but it didn't seem to bother him. Not one bit. 

"Where did they go?" you asked and looked away from him pretending to look around for the other men but the reality you were just avoiding him. 

"To pay," With his other thumb, he pointed toward behind him where you could see Namjoon and Hoseok standing before a couple waiting their turn to pay. The man chuckled gaining your attention again, "Well, I am glad to know your high observation pause sometimes, Miss Y/N." He added. The way he pushed his long hair back and then started smiling made you stare at him. 

It's different.

His smile this time was sweet with no hint of his usual teasing. This man is so weird. And it's making you uncomfortable, "So, No flirting?" 

He laughed adorably looking away for a second, he shook his head then looked at you again. "No flirting," he stated, paused then continued, "Actually I want to apologize .... again, I shouldn't have acted that way, it's a habit you know," He rubbed the back of his neck showing signs of embarrassment. 

You faked a smile and rolled your eyes, Men. "Flirting with everyone?" 

 The man looked behind him then at you, he leaned then whispered, "I must confess, I kind of challenge myself every time I meet a pretty lady." He licked his lower lip and smiled, "Like how much it takes for her to give up, you know a man must know if he still masters his ways," 

You cleared your throat placing both your hands on your thighs straightening your back, "That's not very nice," You wanted to act cool and unbothered but couldn't help but chuckle, the man somehow makes you forget what happened and just chill, maybe it's how he takes everything easy? or that he doesn't find it hard to confess his mistakes? Whatever the reason was..... you'll find out,  "But I must give you some credit for your honesty."   

"Yet I should have known that you weren't interested, sorry about that." His face turned serious as he looked down chewing the inside of his cheek, "I don't know if I scared you that day but, whatever was the reason ..... I am very sorry it won't happen again," he looked at you, the sincerity of his words is unquestionable as his eyes glittered with guilt. And here was when he won. 

You couldn't blame him anymore, maybe that's how he is. Even though it wasn't the exact reason when you acted that way the other day but of course, you won't tell him. You sighed, "I wasn't scared," you lied and looked away, "I just don't find it comfortable being in those situations ..... you know," you swallowed feeling slightly sorry for yourself. 

"I understand," He nodded, "Wanna go out? We can wait for them outside. Jin Hyung must be there as well," he suddenly suggested and you looked at Hoseok and hid friend, they seemed to be waiting for something, the food for Jimin you supposed.

"Alright," You grabbed your purse and stood up, walking side by side. He placed his hand on your back protectively as he headed the both of you towards the door, you hated yourself for finding this small gesture a trigger making your body react by shivering for a second, it was probably one of Jungkook's habits whenever he's around girls but for you ......... It's totally new

I am such a pathetic girl

You hated it when your subconscious nodded in agreement, the idea that you spent almost your entire life focusing on your studies and finding ways to fix your past that you forget how to be a girl, a girl who needs people around. I was wrong? 

My defense technic was wrong

Your curly brown hair blew in the chilly cool breeze outside the restaurant, the air smelled like the cold rain that wasn't here anymore. Your cheeks slightly tinted in a shade of red because of the cold weather.

"Are we cool?" Jungkook's voice in your ears was different now that you were outside, the mixture of the chilly wind and his beautiful voice did questionable things to your body. 

You swallowed looking up at his face, again .... hating the way you found it handsome. You were a flag away from admitting that you actually find him attractive. "Cool in what way?"  You questioned, rubbing your hands together with nerves unsure what to do.

The man stood and thought for a minute, "Cool as in 'we have nothing to hold against each other' That's what I meant." he smiled. 

"If that's the case, then yes......... we're cool, Jeon Jungkook." You told him, this time saying fuck you to the world, and smiled at the man. Like really smiling. You didn't have a mirror but from the way his eyes suddenly widened you figured it was real

A moment of awkward silence was broken when he cleared his throat and walked behind you toward his bike that you noticed parked when you walked out of the restuatnt. You watched the man grabbed the pure black helmet from last time and held it with one free hand. He didn't wear it but still climbed on the bike and turned his key and started up the bike giving it a rev.

Admit it, he looked ridiculously hot on it. She laughed. You know why your subconscious keeps on mocking you, you have been shushing her your entire life. And now that she's seeing you slowly giving up your stubborn mind because of what? ........ A man? 

A dangerously hot man, you remind yourself and her. Plus, he said no flirting. It can't be worst.

No worries, everybody finds him handsome, you'd be lying if you didn't....So.

You stayed silent, watching him when suddenly he turned toward you and throw the black helmet in your direction, thanking god you had good reflexes you grabbed the helmet over your chest and stared at him confused, "The night isn't over for me, it could be much more fun...... wanna join?"

.

To Be Continued ......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

534K 19.6K 40
'you in for a ride angeleyes?' I stared into his eyes and he showed a cocky smile 'did you lose your tongue?' 'sure I'd love to' *** Casualties of s...
75K 4.9K 20
"๐‹๐ž๐ญ ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ ๐จ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐Ÿ๐ฏ๐œ๐ค๐ข๐ง๐  ๐›๐š๐ฌ๐ญ#๐ซ๐.. ๐ˆ ๐ก๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ... ๐ˆ ๐ฐ๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ" she shouted as he dragged her to...