Manan - Hold My Hand

By aanchal_89

Manik Malhotra, CEO of Malhotra Groups, He is a private person and likes to have his own space. He has a few... More

"Introduction"
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 1

Chapter 13

10.7K 800 127
By aanchal_89

Her phone rings and She picks it up.

"I got the deal.",She heard over the phone and looks at the call Id to confirm it was Manik.

"Congrats.",She said with a small smile.

"Thank you. Now as promised I will treat you. Are you free now?",he asked.

" It's not needed. You already gave me company that day and also I did nothing. It was all you.",Nandini denied rolling her eyes.

" I am not hearing your excuses. Are you free?",Manik asked her ignoring her.

She sighed.

" Yes I am but Manik seriously it's not needed.",She said tired and not wanting to argue with him.

He paused for a while.

"Okay fine. Me and Mukti are going out at night. Come with us. I will pick you up at 8.",Manik said her and She frowned.

" I don't want to go. You guys enjoy. It's a week day and I don't want to thrid wheel you guys.",Nandini said shutting her notebook.

" You won't be third wheeling. You will be saving me from third wheeling. I am not hearing you anymore. Be dressed, I will pick you up at sharp 8.",Manik said determined.

" Manik you aren't listening. I don't want to go out.",She said rubbing her forehead.

" I know Navya and Cabir are out. You will be probably just lay around at home. So why don't you just hangout with us or you don't think of us as your friends. ",Manik asked her irritated and she sighed loudly.

" You know it's not like that.",Nandini said calmly.

"Okay deal. I will see you at 8. Bye bye.",Manik said not letting Nandini speak and hanged up.

Nandini frowned at the phone getting angry at him and tried to calm herself before getting up and walking home.

She changed herself into a comfortable attire and made herself some coffee and sat on the sofa putting on a movie with her tablet in her hand.

She picked her phone to order a pizza and looked at the time. 7:30.

"I told him I won't go.",She assured herself and ordered a pizza for her.

She distracted herself with drawing on the tablet as she watched the movie in between.

The bell rings and she takes out some money from her wallet and goes to open the door.

"Here",Nandini said opening the door and then frowned.

"You are not the pizza guy.",She said pouting.

"And you are not dressed.",he said frowning back.

"I told you I won't go.",She explained herself before peeking out for the pizza.

Manik forwarded the pizza from behind him.

"I took it from him.",Manik said her and she took the pizza and gave him the money.

He frowned before following her to the sofa.

She extended her legs on the table and put the pizza box on her legs having a slice.

"What are you doing?",Manik asked annoyed putting the money on the table.

"Relaxing.",She said struggling to get the cheese inside her mouth.

Manik makes a face and gives her tissues.

"I told you I will be here at 8.",Manik said irritated.

"And I told you. I don't want to.",She tried to explain again calmly.

" Don't force me to drag you. I can do that.",Manik said and she raised an eyebrow.

" I would like to see you try.",Nandini challenged him and he glared at her.

"Why are you being stubborn?",Manik asked her softly.

"Why are you being stubborn?",She asked him back frustrated now.

He stared at her and she looked away distracting herself with the pizza.

"Because I can see something's wrong.",Manik said honestly and she looked up to glance at him.

"Manik please leave. I am seriously tired.",She said softly and he looked at her.

"Get out of the house, Get some air. You will feel better. ",Manik tried to convince her again.

" Manik I appreciate it but I want to be alone right now. Can you please do that for me.",She asked getting a little angry now.

" Fine.",he said and started walking back.

She immediately felt guilty but didn't follow him.

He leaned into his car.

"Why am I trying so hard? If she doesn't want to talk, let her be. I don't care anyway.",He said to himself and got inside the car.

He picked his phone and called Mukti not in the mood to go out anymore.

"Manik can we cancel today. I got caught up with some work. Its urgent.",Mukti asked him looking at her laptop working on some files.

" I called to say the same. I will call you later. Take care.",Manik said her gripping his steering frustrated and she nodded hanging up.

He looked at the gift bag laying on the passenger seat and frowned.

"I am a fucking Idiot.",He said to himself and got out of the car picking the gift bag and walked back to her house.

He ringed the bell and she opened the door and looked at him surprised and a little relieved.

He walked past her and sat on the sofa putting the bag aside and removed his shoes.

"What are you doing?",She asked him walking back after locking the door.

"Well I am an Idiot and I fucking care for my friends. So I am sorry but I am not leaving you alone. You can ignore and get angry all you want.",Manik said as he unbuttoned the first two of his shirt getting comfortable and started watching the movie eating a pizza slice.

She just stared at him for a while before sitting back at her seat.

They didn't say a word till the movie ends.

"You should go.",Nandini said him annoyed.

"No", He replied searching for another movie to watch.

"Why are you still here?",She asked irritated with him.

" Because I want to.",He said looking at her.

"Should I order another pizza or you want some chinese instead?",He asked her and she glared at him.

" Pizza it is.",He said to himself and ordered another.

" Why can't you leave like everyone else when asked.",She asked angry now.

" I would leave when I know you meant it. So if you want me to leave. Talk to me.", he said getting comfortable on the sofa and looked in her eye softly.

She looked away immediately not able to look in his affectionate eyes.

Manik sighed knowing its of no use.

He forwarded his phone to her and she looked at him confused.

He put the airpod in his ears.

"Put the music to the loudest.",He said giving his phone to her.

"It's not good to keep things in. Just let it out. I promise I won't hear a thing or ask any questions afterwards. I will leave after that. ",Manik said her and she just looked at him.

" Don't you do that too. It's easy to advise but hard to implement.", Nandini said glaring at him.

He paused and looked at her.

"It's not about me right now. I will listen to what you say when it is. ",Manik said her and she stared at him.

She really wanted to talk to someone and let out everything she has been holding on since lunch.

She looked at him wondering should she trust him.

"You mean it when you said you won't ask questions? ",She asked hesitating and he smiled a little at the progress.

" I promise. ",He said sincerely and she looked at him.

"Close your eyes too.",She asked him and he looked at her and saw her desperate and so close to breaking down she was.

He didn't argue and closed his eyes.

"You can hold my hand if you want. I will be okay with that.",he said raising his left hand and she smiled at his efforts with little tears in her eyes.

She increased the volume of the music and stared at him still hesitating.

"I know I said I will hear music but can you put some nice music.",Manik asked loudly and she closed her ears before changing the song.

"You are a stubborn crazy man.",She said and turned to him to see if he heard anything.

Confirming he didn't she smiled.

"Hold my Hand.",he teased with a smirk and she rolled her eyes and hesitated.

She stared at him recalling how much efforts he put in and stayed back even when she asked him to leave and smiled gulping with unshedded tears as it reminded her of hers first meet with Soniya.

She took a deep sigh and slowly put her hand over his.

He let out a small smile.

"Don't make me regret this.",She whispered staring at him as he sat there with closed eyes enjoying the loud music.

She closed her eyes and decreased the volume to zero.

Manik turned to her direction surprised with eyes still closed but she kept looking straight.

"You asked that day. What if Soniya leave? Well she is leaving now. ",She said slowly and he realised this was what was troubling her.

" I said I will support her decision no matter what but I never expected her to actually leave.",Nandini said with tears filling in her eyes.

"You know it's not even the worst part. What hurts more is that she could see that I was lying and I wasn't okay but she choose to believe my lie because she wanted to go without being guilty about it.",Nandini said as tears slide down her eyes and Manik held her hands rubbing his thumb over the back of her palms.

"I know I am being selfish wanting her to give up her happiness and stay back for me but she was the one who told me family doesn't leave you behind. She told me that we are family. Why did she have to lie to me?",Nandini said rubbing her cheeks and Manik felt the need to open his eyes but feared she would close up again and kept it shut.

"I remember our first meeting. She was stubborn like you.",Nandini said with a small chuckle.

" I told her to leave me alone but she didn't. She stayed back. She said even if you tell me thousand times to leave. I will not. Why can't she do that now? She knows very well I will be lost without her. I need her in my life.",Nandini asked more to herself than to him.

" I feel jealous of you right now. ",She said composing herself a little.

He was confused at her statement. His life was not so joyful for her to be jealous of him.

" Not able to get close to people is a blessing in disguise indeed. You don't get attached to them. So when they leave it doesn't hurt.",Nandini said with a small smile and he felt the pain in her voice.

"It hurts more.",he thought to himself gripping her hand tight.

"Am I overreacting?",She said after sometime and looked at him before looking away again.

" No",he said to himself caressing her hands.

"I feel like I am. I know for a fact that if it was me who had to leave. Soniya would be happy for me genuinely and here I am trying to stop her. She had always wanted me to be happy so why can't I do the same for her. Am I pathetic?",She wondered.

" No, you aren't. You just love her so much that you can't imagine your life without her.",He said to himself.

" Do you think she will keep contact with me after leaving she promised she will but everyone make promises but once they leave they forget about you and what they left behind. They are so happy with their life they don't need you anymore in it. ",Nandini said recalling a distant memory.

Manik wondered if there is something bigger behind this that's making her so upset. Had people left her behind in the past and forgot about her.

They sat there silently for a while lost in their own thoughts.

"Can I get a hug?",She whispered so softly Manik would have missed it had he been not listening to her.

He opened his eyes surprised and watched her swollen eyes with dried tears on the cheek and a red nose looking like an innocent kid whose life was coming to an end.

"Sorry.",She said realising later what she said and stood up trying to leave embarassed.

He gripped her hands stopping her and she looked back at him to find him hesitating looking down.

He looked up to her and gave a slight nod.

"Come here.",he whispered looking her in the eye.

She looked at him unsure and he pulled her hands lightly assuring her.

She sat back on the sofa closer to him this time before letting his hand go and wrapping hers around his neck.

He paused giving himself the time to adjust to her touch.

"Am I okay with people's touch now?",he wondered surprised feeling okay and calm instead.

Nandini closed her eyes hugging him tight not able to compose herself after getting the warmth and affection from the hug. He turned a little to look at her but she hides her face with her hairs instead and he sighed wrapping his hand around her making her comfortable.

He felt her tears in his shoulder and patted her hair to calm her down.

"Looks like you have lots of tears to let out.",Manik joked after a while and she slapped his shoulder lightly chuckling with tears.

He smiled and she composed herself before pulling apart slowly looking down not wanting him to see her.

"Sorry.",she said looking at his tshirt rubbing her cheeks.

"I hope they are just tears.",he said making a gross face and she slapped his legs making him laugh again at her annoyed face.

"What are you doing?",Nandini asked watching him lifting his phone infront of her.

"Taking pictures for memories.",He said with a smirk and she looked away immediately.

" Manik stop. ",She said trying to take away the phone from him.

" Oh look this is amazing. I can see your running nose too in it. ",Manik said showing her a picture and she looked at him annoyed.

" That's tears.",She said glaring at him and he nodded in no as he continued looking into his phone.

"Should I send it to everyone?",Manik asked raising an eyebrow and she glared at him taking the phone from him surprising him.

"Give it back.",he asked and she gave him a smirk nodding in no.

" Nope you aren't getting it back now. ",She said him getting away from him.

" It's bad manners to go through someone's phone and their personal pictures.",He said trying to take his phone away from her.

"You had to think about that before clicking my pictures.",She said getting away from his hold and laughing at his futile attempt and he stopped trying watching her laugh.

She pouted and looked at him.

"Why do you have password on your photos?",She asked frowning.

"Because it has precious photos.",He said smirking and she glared at him giving his phone back.

The bell rings and she looked at the door surprised.

"It's my pizza. Finally.",Manik said getting up.

"Here.",She said picking the money from the table.

He takes it from her and walks to the door and takes the pizza and shuts the door.

He forwarded the box to her and she took a slice too from it.

"What's that?",She asked noticing the gift bag for the first time.

Manik looked at it and bite his lips before turning to her.

"It's a gift.",He said and she looked at him surprised.

"For me?",She asked surprised.

"No for Navya.",Manik replied sarcastic.

"Ohh.",She said nodding and he threw a pillow at her.

"It's for you. Stupid.",Manik said annoyed and picked the bag.

She rubbed her forehead annoyed and glared at him.

He gave the bag to her.

"Why?",She asked taking out the box from the bag.

"You went out of your way to help me when it wasn't needed.",Manik said and she sighed looking at him.

" I told you it was nothing.",She said and he gets irritated watching her hesitating.

" Do you want another hit from the pillow?",He asked and she nodded in no.

"You need to learn to accept gifts. Did I create a fuss over the tie you got me? No. So keep it and just say thank you.",Manik said her.

" I got the tie because I know you wouldn't have got it yourself. You are stubborn.",Nandini commented and he made a face.

She opened the box and finds a small necklace with two small rings entwined together making an infinity symbol.

"It's beautiful.",She said holding it in her hand and he smiles.

"Thank you.",She said giving him a smile and he smiled back.

"You aren't wearing it now.",He asked seeing her put it back in the box.

"No.",She replied.

"Atleast show me how it looks on you.",he asked and she turned to him.

" See it when I wear it.",She replied taking another slice of pizza.

"That's not fair. I shared you a picture after wearing the tie.",Manik reminded her.

She thought about it and nodded.

" You are right. Okay I will share with you a picture when I wear it too.",She said smiling biting her lips and he glared at her.

" You don't play fair.",He muttered annoyed and she just laughs.

There were so many questions in his mind that he wanted to ask her but he kept his words and pretended, he didn't hear a thing she said.

He still wondered why she decreased the volume and let him hear.

He was confused why he hugged her.

Keeping aside all those thoughts he watched her smile talking about something and felt happy.

She felt him staring and turned to him.

He just shake his head in no and looked at his phone.

Nandini watched him amazed and wondered when did she get so lucky.

She doesn't remember the last time she cried and was so vulnerable infront of someone.

There was something about the way his presence assured her and made her feel safe to let out her emotions.

She don't know what made her trust him to let him hear her out. Maybe it was because he kept trying and was stubborn or it was because he came back and stayed for her giving her the space.

She had expected Manik to be everything but so sweet and soft to her. The way he kept his words and consoled her keeping his comfort aside moved her.

"I hope I don't regret this.",She thought and he turned to her.

" Regret what?",he asked and she realised she said it out loud.

" Eating an extra slice of pizza.",Nandini said abruptly and he rolled his eyes.

"Seriously. I ate more than you.",He said her in reply.

"My body is different. I hope I don't look bad walking on the show. I haven't even decided the dress I had to wear.",She said and he looked at her.

"You will be fine.",Manik said her.

" What if nothing fits me.",She wondered and Manik checked her out once.

"Now you are being dramatic.",Manik said and watched her looking at her stomach.

"You should seriously stop hanging out with Cabir and Navya. You are becoming like them.",Manik said and she rolled her eyes.

They talked about random things while finishing the rest of the pizza slices and Manik looks at the time.

"I should get back. It's getting late.",He said her and she looked at the time and realised how soon time passed and felt sad not wanting him to leave.

"Okay",She said with a small smile nodding.

He wears his shoes and stood up taking the empty boxes.

"It's fine. I will clean it.",She said taking it from him.

They walk to the door and Manik gave her a smile.

"I will see you..",he stops wondering and she smiled.

"Tomorrow.",She completed and he looked at her surprised.

"Tomorrow?",he asked and she nodded.

"Rehearsal for the show.",She said and he nodded.

"Okay I will see you then.",Manik said smiling and she nodded.

She leaned on the door and Manik stared at her.

She looked at him back and found him looking at her a little concerned and smiled.

"Thank you.",She said with a genuine smile and he looked at her trying to read her.

"This was nice. I think we should do it again but with you this time around. ",She said smirking and he smiled knowing she is better than before.

" Why? Do you want to hug me again?",Manik teased her and she looked at him wide eyed embarrassed.

" No, I want to see you cry. ",She said smirking.

He smirked at her comeback.

" I still have your photo with me. ",Manik teased her again and she pouted.

He smiled and raised his hand waving her bye.

She smiled and raised her hand waving him back.

He walked out to his car and she waved again before shutting the door.

She looked around and felt the house quiet but smiled recalling everything as she cleaned the boxes and mugs before walking to her room.

"I will be fine. I have people who I can trust and I know would take care of me after Soniya leave.",She whispered to herself as she lay down cuddling with her pillow.

The next day, Nandini was at the location where the event would be taking place to check on the progress and for the rehearsal.

She checked out the vanity rooms and the dressing area before checking the ramp and talking with the event manager.

"Everyone is here for the rehearsal.",Aditya informed her an she nodded excusing herself as they walked to them.

" Is Man... I mean Mr. Malhotra here too?",She asked correcting herself and Aditya gave her a smile.

" They will be a little late. Man... Mr. Malhotra had a prior meeting he couldn't delay.",Aditya replied copying her and she glared at him.

" I didn't know you guys were close.",Aditya said and she rolled her eyes ignoring him.

"Do you want me to start about Sara?",She asked and he shut up following her.

Nandini talked with the models briefing them about the plan today.

She went on to tell about the sequence they will be walking and then made a few changes.

"Okay let's start.",She said them as she stood infront of the stage.

The started walking one by one posing and going back before walking again.

Nandini made a face not liking it.

She made changes in the notepad she was holding and instructed them to try according to that.

After some few tries they finalised on something.

"Mr. Malhotra is here.",Aditya informed her.

She nodded and looked at the models infront of her.

" Take a break. We will start again.",She said them before walking with Aditya to meet them.

They were walking in looking at all the arrangements and practice going on.

"Looks like it's going good.",Sara said and Nandini nodded.

"So you ready for the practice.",Nandini asked him and he looked at the ramp and then at her hesitating before giving a nod.

"Okay then. Aditya can you check on the lights.",Nandini asked him and he nodded.

"I will go with him.",Sara said manik and he nodded.

Nandini guided manik to the backstage.

"Are you nervous?",She asked him and he looked at her.

"Why do you think so?",he asked her.

"You hesitated.",She said and he smiled.

"Sometimes you notice things you shouldn't.",He commented and she smiled.

" There's nothing to be nervous about. It's just a rehearsal. You will be fine. Think of it as walking in the garden.",Nandini said trying to make him comfortable.

He nodded staring at the ramp and trying to compose himself.

She looked at him concerned with the way he was reacting but kept quiet.

"So we can start?",She asked and he nodded again.

She told him about his sequence and when he needs to walk in and he nodded.

"I will be down there. Good luck.",She told him and he nodded.

She stood down and started the rehearsal. Everyone walked in and it was Manik's turn.

She stood in the front and waited for him to walk but he froze.

She looked at him before getting up on the stage.

"You okay",She asked lightly touching his hand and he moved away immediately before looking at her relaxing and nodded.

"What's going on? You froze.",Nandini asked him looking at him trying to understand.

He tried to think of an excuse.

He started but stopped seeing her eyes with genuine concern for him.

"There's a reason I don't do fashion shows.",He said slowly and she looked at him.

" Other than not liking them?",She asked and he nodded.

" Okay I know.",Nandini said after thinking about it and Manik looked at her curious to know what she knows.

" You have stage fright. Don't you?",She asked with surety and he smiled and nodded.

" Yes. Stage fright is what it is.",Manik agreed immediately smiling at her.

" Don't worry. Wait I will walk with you and show you. It's not that big of a deal.",Nandini told him and he nodded still hesitating.

She looked at him gesturing him to take a step forward and he took one and she followed him before looking at him to take a step again.

He looked at the ramp again and she frowned.

"Just look at me and walk.",She asked him and he faced her.

She gestured towards taking a step and he took one and she followed.

After they were done for a few steps. She smiled at him.

"Let's take two steps together now.",She said and he nodded.

" See it's easy. How about we walk at once this time instead of steps? ",She asked him and he looked at her.

He took a deep breath when they were about to start and she looked at him.

"Do you want my hand?",She teased him and he glared at her.

"You can Hold my Hand.",She said waving it infront of him.

"Stop copying and teasing me. Let's walk.",He said and she bite her lips to stop herself from laughing.

"Okay",She said and nodded getting ready.

" 1.. 2.. ",She felt him holding her hand and smiled.

" 3",she repeated and walked along with him holding his hands firmly.

They reached the end and she looked at him as they tried for some more time.

"You okay with walking alone?",She asked and he nodded.

" I will stand here. Just walk and come to me. Normally. ",She asked him and he nodded and started.

She made eye contact with him as he started walking to her and stopped infront of her.

A wide smile on her face.

"You did great. Now just do the same with ease. Jake will show you.",She said him and gestured someone to come forward.

Nandini instructed him and he practiced a little.

"Nobody is expecting you to do it right. You aren't a model. You are a guest so it doesn't matter if you messed up something. So there's no pressure on you. ",Nandini explained him and he nodded.

" I will stand down this time and we will rehearse with everyone on music. You good with that. ",She asked and he nodded.

She got down and instructed to start the music.

The models walked and it was Manik's turn.

She looked at him nervous and he smiled at her sighing and started walking looking at her.

He posed, walked back stopped posed and left.

The other models came by one by one after that and Nandini clapped for them.

"After this is done I will walk with Manik and we would stand there. All of you will walk again and pass by us and go back. ",Nandini explained and they nodded.

" We will rehearse this on music 2 to 3 times and we will be done for today. ",She said them and they nodded.

" You okay now? ",She asked and he nodded.

They all continued with the rehearsal before ending it up for the day.

"I will see you guys day after tomorrow for the dress rehearsal.",She said and they all nodded dispersing to get their things.

"How was it?",She asked him and he smiled.

"Not bad.",he replied and she gave him a smile.

"You were fine. We will have one dress rehearsal soon and then the fashion show and you are free.",She said and he smiled.

" You look like you want to get rid of me soon.",Manik asked her and she rolled her eyes.

" I doubt I will be getting rid of you.",Nandini muttered and he glared at her.

"Aren't you being too comfortable around me?",He asked watching her and she gave him a playful smile.

"Don't forget I am still Manik Malhotra.",Manik said proud and she nodded mocking him getting him more irritated.

She greeted Sara and walked him to his car.

He gave her a smile waving at him and he does the same.

Nandini gets back to work with Aditya.

"Hey",Mukti greeted Cabir walking inside his home.

"Hey",Cabir said hugging her.

"When is Manik coming? It's been long we three hangout together",Mukti asked hugging him back.

" He will be here soon. I talked to him he just finished the rehearsals with Nandini. ",Cabir said her and she nodded lost.

" You know I am a little worried about him. He is doing photoshoots, he will be walking on the ramp. Do you think he will be fine? ",Cabir asked worried about Manik.

" I was worried too but I think he will be fine. ",Mukti said giving him a smile.

" Why do you look so sure about it? Do you know something I don't?",Cabir asked her suspicious.

"He has started trusting people. He is getting comfortable.",Mukti said recalling how Manik let Nandini sleep on his shoulders and not get affected.

" What do you mean?",Cabir asked her and Mukti told him what she saw.

"You are not joking. You really saw that. He wasn't affected. Tell me.",Cabir asked not believing her.

" I was surprised like you. He looked fine and he even said so. ",Mukti said and Cabir looked at her with hope and smiled.

" Hey I brought some snacks and groceries. ",Manik said entering and showing the bags.

Cabir walked to him and punched him in his stomach catching him off guard.

"What the fuck?",he asked holding his stomach glaring at him.

Cabir ignores him and hugs him.

"What the.. Are you crazy? Have you completely lost it now?",Manik asked trying to push him away.

Cabir pulls apart and looks at him.

"Do you have a death wish?",Manik asked him glaring at him.

"When were you going to tell me about it?",Cabir asked glaring at him back.

" About what?",Manik asked him angry.

"He is talking about Nandini and you. ",Mukti said with a tease and Manik started coughing caught off guard and looked at her surprised.

"What about Nandini and me? There's nothing to talk about.",He said looking away from them walking into the kitchen to have water.

"Are you comfortable with her? Mukti said you were fine that day. Is it true?",he asked walking behind him.

Manik sighed in relief.

" About that. Yeah I was surprisingly okay.",Manik said him sitting on the sofa taking the bottle from the kitchen.

" Don't be so cool about that. Tell me. Is it just Cutie or everyone?",Cabir asked him.

" I don't know. I didn't try with anyone else.",Manik said them and they nod.

" I am just happy to know you are fine and its a hope.",Mukti said hugging him and he gave her a smile.

" Does she know about you?",Cabir asked Manik suspicious and Manik smiles recalling.

"She does."Manik replied and they looked at him surprised.

"She don't know the real reason though. She thinks it's because of OCD. ",Manik explained further and they thought about it.

" I didn't know you guys were close.",Cabir commented and Manik opened his mouth to argue but shuts up.

"We are not that close. She just notices a lot and assumes according to her own will.",Manik said to calm Cabir down but he still looked at him suspicious.

"That's why she never attempts to make contact with you not even a handshake. I just thought that's because you guys don't know each other well and are being professional. ",Mukti said and Manik nodded at her.

Cabir looked at him.

"Was it before you told her or after that?",Cabir asked Manik.

Manik gave him a look before sighing.

" It was before. I thought it's because she is polite whenever she asked if I am okay with it when she had to style me for the shoot but then she asked me about it and I had to agree because it was kinda obvious to her and she assumed it for OCD. It was no loss because she now makes sure I am not uncomfortable with other interns presence.",Manik said smiling as he recalled some part and looks at Cabir to assure him.

"What if it gets outside and everyone gets to know about it. I haven't told Navya about it. When she asked I said you just like your personal space and to give you time to get comfortable with her. ",Cabir asked him worried.

"It won't. Stop worrying will you.",Manik asked him and he looked at him back.

"It's strange of you to trust someone so soon.",Cabir said and Manik thought about it and nodded.

"I know. It's strange.",Manik repeated and Mukti looked at him.

Cabir pats his shoulder before going to get a beer.

Mukti takes him in a hug finding him lost.

"Don't spoil it by thinking a lot. Let it go with flow. You deserve some happiness in your life. It's long due. ",Mukti said and he looked up at her.

"It's strange when you start talking more sense than Cabir.",Manik teased and she smiled.

" You know how he is when it comes to you. He loves Nandini as a person and friend but when it's about you he starts being suspicious about anything and anyone. He will be fine. Don't worry about him. ",Mukti asked him and Manik kissed her head.

"Will you stop thinking about it? Let's play some video games.",Manik asked Cabir slapping his head and he looked at her.

" One last question. Will you come with me to see the doctor? I want to know if you are actually recovering.",Cabir said and Manik looked at him and nodded seeing the worry in his eyes.

"Okay let's play now.",She said jumping sitting between the two of them.

They spent the night playing games making dinner together like they used to do before.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.4K 2.6K 33
From I Don't Care About Her to 'SHE IS MINE' Manik Malhotra the only son of Malhotras...
12K 676 20
A story of a powerful girl, President Nandini Murthy and a shy boy Manik Malhotra. Manik Malhotra, a bubbly and chubby boy who loves and trusts every...
51.2K 3.8K 21
Nandini Is a Rich yet hottest girl who has a large business to handle after her family. She is bold yet selfish girl. Manik is a new to his job of be...
92K 9.2K 57
#6 in Lifestory out of ~10K stories (June, 2021) When THE Nandini Murthy met Manik F*CKBOI Malhotra, during her undergrad days in New York, it was th...