The Flute Player️ | βœ“

By CalmGuy9

From your hand, anything can be stolen. From your destiny, nothing. β€’ β€’ β€’ With a complexion darker than the... More

author's note
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen

chapter nine

220 43 73
By CalmGuy9

One may have wives and relatives in every country but one cannot have a brother like Lakshmana in every place.

The rays of the growing sun covered the sky. The sky made a transition from dark blue to light, the birds stretched their wings and prepared themselves to feel the warm sun on their little bodies.

The entire atmosphere was filled with nothing but silence which was interrupted by the soft rustling of leaves when the wind blew against them. The beings of the rising sun stretched themselves and walked out of their homes. They looked at the sun with a smile and their heart was filled with an unknown happiness.

Far away, on a tree branch on a hill, sat a figure, carelessly playing with his flute. The little animals gathered around the dark skinned boy, who smiled at their presence.
The wind blew through his curls, playfully and the youth smiled at nature's welcome for him.

He put the flute upto his lips, blowing slowly into the holes and the entire atmosphere was filled with the sweet notes falling gracefully from his flute.

"Narayan! Narayan!" A man said, smiling, standing against another tree.

The Lord smiled sweetly.

"Prabhu, what now?" He asked.

"It's time for them to come closer to the truth."

"How will that happen Prabhu? Janav is in another city far away from this little village."

He smiled in reply.

"Narayan! Narayan! Aapki Leela aap hi jaane Prabhu." Saying this, the man disappeared.

"Janav it's time for you to come back home and tell everyone the truth." He looked at the sky. The sun was out and the silent atmosphere was slowly filling with the sounds of horns and screaming vendors.

"Three more weeks and everything will be fine. My work here will be done." He said, a smile on his lips and got down the branch.

"It's time for everything to fall in place." He smiled and walked back to Radha's house.

• • •

"Mohan, where did you go?" Urmilla asked, passing a glare at him.

"I was always here. Why do have to look for me?" He said, with a smile. Urmilla looked at him, shock clearly written on her face.

"Who told you this?" Urmilla asked, frozen in surprise.

"It's the truth."

"Did you say this to Radha di?"

Madhav nodded and Urmilla hit her palm on her forehead.

"Oh no!" Urmilla shook her head and looked at Radha, who didn't hear a bit of their conversation. Radha was still thinking about the conversation that took place the previous day.

"Madhav, do you really think Kanha listens and helps everyone?" Radha asked, rubbing her forehead.

"I will come to you in the form you shall not expect of. I shall approach you as a friend, family or a stranger, reaching out when you need me the most and all you need to do is realise." Madhav said, looking at the rising sun.

"What?" Radha asked, confused with his answer.

"That's what Kanha says." Mohan replied, smiling at Radha.

Radha noticed something she never did before. There was a divine aura around him and his face with blissful peace. A part of her told her that he was no ordinary boy, he had more than what was shown to the eyes of a normal person.

"Ram, shall we go and play?" Madhav asked, holding the little boy in his arms. Abhiram nodded happily, his fingers tugging at Madhav's curls.

'Who are you Mohan?' Radha wondered. "I'm going to school, Urmilla."

"Bye didi!" Urmilla hugged her sister tightly.

"Bye Urmilla! Bye Abhiram!" Radha pinched his chubby cheeks and he let out a small giggle. Radha left for school.

Urmilla packed her bag and the trio left for the temple.

"Madhav, are you excited for the play?"

"Yes. It's time for the play to take a big turn."

"What are you saying Madhav? I do not understand your words."

"It's time Urmilla. It's time for everything to come back in place. It's time for Janav to come back home." He said, walking ahead.

Urmilla stood still, rooted in her place.

• • •

"Arre Murlidhar!" Urmilla sighed, staring at Radha's lunch basket. "What am I to do with her?"

"Urmilla, you called?"

"Huh! No. I was talking to Murlidhar."

"It's the same." He smiled softly. Looking over her shoulder, he noticed the basket left behind. "Looks like Radha left her lunch behind. I'll go and give it to her!"

"It's alright. I'll give it." Urmilla offered. "It's almost time for lunch, and you might get lost."

"I don't think he will let you go." He said in an amused tone, pointing towards Abhiram. The little kid was making his way down the hall slowly, his water bottle held tightly in his hands.

"Khana?" He pout, looking at the empty table. Keeping his bottle on the table, he clung to Urmilla's leg. He had, somehow, figured that she was going out.

"Abhi, relax." She pacified, picking him up. "I'm not going anywhere."

"Pakka?"

"Yes." Placing him on his chair, she kissed his head. "Now sit here quietly. I'll get out your khana."

"Madhav," he giggled, patting beside him. "Khana."

"I can't." Picking up the basket, Madhav added, "Your mumma must be hungry. I'll be back after giving her the food."

Before Abhiram could throw a tantrum or beg Madhav to let him join, the latter had already slipped out of the house.

The walk to school took Madhav seventeen minutes to be exact. The lunch hour had already begun; children filled the dusty playground and crowded corridors. Sitting in groups, they shared their lunch with each other.

Madhav soon found his way to the teacher's room. Beside their room was Radha's cabin. Radha was busy planning the events for the upcoming weeks. Madhav knocked, taking her attention.

"Madhav, why are you here?"

He raised the basket. Then, pointed towards the clock. "Aren't you hungry, Radha?"

"Not at all." Packing away everything, she cleared the table. Madhav placed the basket on her table, looking around.

"Are you going to go home and eat?" Hesitating, she added. "Or will you eat with me?"

"I would have." Madhav shrugged. "But I promised Ram that I'd eat with him. Next time, maybe."

"Fine. I'll tell the peon to accompany you home."

"That's alright. I can go on my own. I need to buy some fruits on my way back."

Radha sighed in defeat. "Okay. I'll call Urmilla in twenty minutes and ask her whether you've come home."

"I'm not the one you should be worrying about." He mumbled, waiting on the threshold. "Worry about yourself. Janav, is coming back."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 256 10
"Why can't the earth stop rotating and the time stops moving, when I am with you?" Sameer questioned her, caressing the back of her hands with his th...
6.2K 386 23
[This story doesn't go along the lines of the Mahabharata, not even initially. I have just borrowed the main characters and a few ideas from Ved Vyas...
466K 64.1K 56
He: If Loving is an art, I want you to be my Picasso Myra. Myra: No, you don't meant it. Tell me everything is a lie. You cannot love me. How can you...
3.1K 221 19
We are all familiar with the five thousand-year-old love story of the greatest lovers of the ages, RadhaKrishna. This is my take on what would be the...