chapter five

Just as people are afraid of serpents they are afraid of people who utter lies. Truth controls this world and dharma is rooted in truth.

 Truth controls this world and dharma is rooted in truth

"Abhi, I'm back." Urmilla said dumping her bag on the sofa. A beautiful smile graced her lips as she walked towards his room.

"He is sleeping." Madhav informed. Urmilla tiptoed to his bed, observing his sleeping figure.

'Murlidhar, I wish you let him stay this cute and innocent forever.' She prayed.

Looking up, she found a missing window pane. She frowned. Looking around for the broken pieces of glass, she asked."Who broke the window?"

"There were some kids playing outside. One of them must have broken it." He answered. "Don't worry, Abhiram wasn't in the room when it broke. Also, I threw the glass pieces away."

"Madhav! Urmilla!" Radha's loud voice caught them by surprise. They walked out into the hall to see the cause of the commotion.

"Didi, what happened?" Urmilla asked.

"Who broke the glass?" She asked angrily, glaring at the pieces of glass in the dustbin.

"I didn't." Madhav raised his hand up in surrender. It was then that Urmilla saw a cut on his left thumb.

"Madhav! Why didn't you tell me you hurt your finger?" Urmilla scolded, pulling out the first aid kit. "Come sit here. Let me treat your wound before it gets bad."

"God! Just look at all this blood."

"Why does this blood come out?" He asked her innocently.

"The blood comes out because you have injured the blood vessels and also the blood helps in cleaning the wound." Radha answered.

"But if it is going to heal in a few days, why should I put a band-aid on it?" He asked again.

"To stop it from getting infected."

"What happens if it gets infected?"

"You fall sick. Then you have to go to the doctor and the rest is history." She said and they burst out into laughter.

"Then what about the wounds of the heart? How can one see them?"

Radha was rather puzzled by his question.

"What do you mean?" Urmilla asked putting the band-aid.

"Urmilla, Radha just explained to me the consequences of an ignored wound. This wound is visible to everyone. I'm asking about the wound which is in everyone's heart, which is both visible and invisible. How can one treat such a wound? Who is the doctor?" He clarified.