chapter nine

One may have wives and relatives in every country but one cannot have a brother like Lakshmana in every place.

The rays of the growing sun covered the sky. The sky made a transition from dark blue to light, the birds stretched their wings and prepared themselves to feel the warm sun on their little bodies.

The entire atmosphere was filled with nothing but silence which was interrupted by the soft rustling of leaves when the wind blew against them. The beings of the rising sun stretched themselves and walked out of their homes. They looked at the sun with a smile and their heart was filled with an unknown happiness.

Far away, on a tree branch on a hill, sat a figure, carelessly playing with his flute. The little animals gathered around the dark skinned boy, who smiled at their presence.
The wind blew through his curls, playfully and the youth smiled at nature's welcome for him.

He put the flute upto his lips, blowing slowly into the holes and the entire atmosphere was filled with the sweet notes falling gracefully from his flute.

"Narayan! Narayan!" A man said, smiling, standing against another tree.

The Lord smiled sweetly.

"Prabhu, what now?" He asked.

"It's time for them to come closer to the truth."

"How will that happen Prabhu? Janav is in another city far away from this little village."

He smiled in reply.

"Narayan! Narayan! Aapki Leela aap hi jaane Prabhu." Saying this, the man disappeared.

"Janav it's time for you to come back home and tell everyone the truth." He looked at the sky. The sun was out and the silent atmosphere was slowly filling with the sounds of horns and screaming vendors.

"Three more weeks and everything will be fine. My work here will be done." He said, a smile on his lips and got down the branch.

"It's time for everything to fall in place." He smiled and walked back to Radha's house.

• • •

"Mohan, where did you go?" Urmilla asked, passing a glare at him.

"I was always here. Why do have to look for me?" He said, with a smile. Urmilla looked at him, shock clearly written on her face.

"Who told you this?" Urmilla asked, frozen in surprise.

"It's the truth."